View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I guess BlackBerry is working on getting the experience suite working on Android M before they can release M.

I think once this is ready they will also make the BES available in the Play store for an annual fee ($10), and via couriers for a monthly fee (1$).

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    02-28-16 02:25 PM
    I have a PRIV and can't wait to see what they have to offer. Don't like the android L much...

Posted via my PRIV
    02-28-16 02:42 PM
    02-28-16 03:01 PM
    OT:
    Microsoft Shores Up Its Cyberattack Defenses - WSJ

New War Room to Thwart Hackers Unites Security Engineers From Various Parts of Software Giant

REDMOND, Wash.�With a touch of a button on the wall outside Microsoft Corp.�s Cyber Defense Operations Center, opaque windows turn clear, offering visitors a glimpse of the high-tech bunker where the software giant�s security engineers work to thwart hackers.

The new facility is at the heart of Microsoft�s campaign to rebuild its reputation for security at a time when the number of potential targets for cyberattacks�from smartphones to corporate servers and Web services�has exploded.

The center isn�t just a workspace; it�s also a showcase. When the glass turns clear, clients can look on as engineers battle hackers from behind dual-screen workstations. Pillars around the room are hung with giant monitors listing the latest threats. The far wall bears the directives �protect,� �detect,� and �respond� in huge block letters.

Microsoft has long been viewed as doing too little to protect its customers from cyberattacks. The company has said, however, that its customers need to feel safe running Windows, storing data in its OneDrive online data-storage facilities, basing operations on its Azure cloud-computing service, and using numerous other Microsoft products.

�Microsoft has been on the fringe of security for some time,� said Duncan Brown, research director at IDC Research Inc. �Now, they are putting it at the center of operations.�

On Tuesday, Microsoft president and chief legal officer Brad Smith is scheduled to give a keynote speech on security in cloud computing at the annual RSA digital-security conference in San Francisco.

The Microsoft facility, which opened in November, brings together roughly 50 security experts from Microsoft�s Office and Windows group, its Xbox and Azure divisions and several other business units. The idea is to unify its disparate security teams, as well as the roughly 3,500 other security employees spread among offices nearby and throughout the world.

Microsoft declined to disclose the center�s cost, but it said it spent $1 billion on security last year, including acquisitions.

Microsoft isn�t alone in building a cybersecurity war room. Tech companies including networking-equipment maker Cisco Systems Inc. and cybersecurity company Symantec Corp. have set up their own operations centers to monitor and foil attackers�and to impress customers.

The seed for the Cyber Defense Operations Center was planted by Microsoft�s earlier Cybercrimes Center, which opened in 2013. There, the company combined various groups to take on problems like child exploitation on the Internet. Microsoft found that combining Web-based investigators with its Windows and Office units yielded quicker results than having those groups work independently.

Early last year, company executives visited tech and telecommunications companies to learn how they shared data among their security teams. Those visits led Microsoft to design an open collaborative space. The company decided to face computer monitors away from the viewing area so visitors couldn�t see any sensitive information.

The ubiquity of Microsoft�s products makes it a big target for hackers. The latest Windows 10 operating system is far more secure than predecessors, largely because it includes free upgrades that are installed automatically in the background, ensuring it has the latest protections.

Still, Microsoft, with its vast reach in personal computers, game consoles, computer servers and Web services, remains under constant attack. It thinks the new center will help it respond more quickly. That�s important because attackers went undetected on victims� networks for a median of 146 days in 2015, according to an estimate by cybersecurity firm FireEye Inc.

�Minutes matter, and seconds matter,� said Bryan Casper, a security-incident-response manager at the center. �So, looking across the room at someone is better than waiting for an email.�

According to Microsoft, the key to rapid response is an emerging technology known as machine learning. The company has hired a group of so-called white-hat hackers known as the Red Team to attack its networks and software. Machine learning programs watch those incidents, as well as real attacks, to learn what attacks looks like and improve defenses. The system sifts the billions of pieces of data�customers logging in and out, using various software features, uploading and downloading files�looking for patterns that match, possibly indicating an attack.

�We can be much more predictive about security than we�ve been in the past,� said Pete Boden, Microsoft�s general manager of Cloud and Enterprise Security.
    02-28-16 09:24 PM
    BBRY is down 7.5% in pre-market.

Posted via CB app on my BlackBerry Classic
    02-29-16 04:40 AM

Someone sold 50 shares premarket.. Perhaps it was Thorsten Heins (who apparently got pushed out of his second CEO job)

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 05:00 AM

What's the volume? If it's high, then we'll be down today, if it's low, don't worry about it

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    02-29-16 05:36 AM
    :facepalm:

Posted via my PRIV
    ZayDub, bungaboy, _dimi_ and 3 others like this.
    02-29-16 06:25 AM
    02-29-16 07:22 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security file, series of ransomware for hospitals has started:

Cybercriminals hold German hospitals to ransom | ZDNet
    "According to German publication Deutsche Welle, several German hospitals, including the Lukas Hospital in Neuss and the Klinikum Arnsberg hospital in North Rhine-Westphalia have become victims of ransomware. Ransomware is a virulent and particularly nasty breed of malware which is not content with surveillance or data theft. Once a machine is infected -- usually through downloading and opening malicious files -- the malicious code locks down systems and encrypts files. A holding screen then pops up, demanding a ransom in virtual currency in exchange for a key which will decrypt files and return access to a user.
    The news comes after the US-based Southern California hospital paid a fee of $17,000 in Bitcoin to regain access to system files locked by ransomware. The computer network, shut down since the attack began, was then unlocked using the decryption key and normal services were able to resume.
    The Lukas Hospital has been forced to pull the plug on everything and go back to phone calls, fax and pen-and-paper records for the past few weeks, where IT systems are still offline. High-risk surgeries have been pushed back until systems are back in order and handwritten notes have been filed."
    02-29-16 09:29 AM
    BBRY is doing very well today, up 3.6% so far.
    02-29-16 10:19 AM
    Why is the stock up today. ER is coming in a month or so... Are people starting to prepare for it already?
    02-29-16 10:20 AM
    I'm guessing software portion will be good. And I have the feeling that hardware won't be good but will not be loosing money.
    02-29-16 10:22 AM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    OT: IBM acquires cybersecurity firm... the race is on...

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...e=businessNews

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 10:57 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security file, series of ransomware for hospitals has started:

Cybercriminals hold German hospitals to ransom | ZDNet
    "According to German publication Deutsche Welle, several German hospitals, including the Lukas Hospital in Neuss and the Klinikum Arnsberg hospital in North Rhine-Westphalia have become victims of ransomware. Ransomware is a virulent and particularly nasty breed of malware which is not content with surveillance or data theft. Once a machine is infected -- usually through downloading and opening malicious files -- the malicious code locks down systems and encrypts files. A holding screen then pops up, demanding a ransom in virtual currency in exchange for a key which will decrypt files and return access to a user.
    The news comes after the US-based Southern California hospital paid a fee of $17,000 in Bitcoin to regain access to system files locked by ransomware. The computer network, shut down since the attack began, was then unlocked using the decryption key and normal services were able to resume.
    The Lukas Hospital has been forced to pull the plug on everything and go back to phone calls, fax and pen-and-paper records for the past few weeks, where IT systems are still offline. High-risk surgeries have been pushed back until systems are back in order and handwritten notes have been filed."
    I question if that 17K is legit. Probably just PR and more like 170K or 500K.
    rarsen likes this.
    02-29-16 11:16 AM
    Why is the stock up today. ER is coming in a month or so... Are people starting to prepare for it already?
    Because it was $9.40 after earnings and nothing but Oil and the general Market brought it down 50%. Time to work it's way into the $8s and still be down 10% on nothing but good news lately.
    ZayDub, morganplus8, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    02-29-16 11:17 AM
    I'm guessing software portion will be good. And I have the feeling that hardware won't be good but will not be loosing money.
    I have the opposite feeling. Chen was talking Analyst down on their software numbers. Software will probably be even Q/Q excluding the IP $ from last Q (so down Q/Q). Base software rev growth to match declining BES.

I think Hardware numbers will be very surprising (+). Last Q was 700K devices including about 100-150K Privs.
    huwit, morganplus8, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    02-29-16 11:20 AM
    Because it was $9.40 after earnings and nothing but Oil and the general Market brought it down 50%. Time to work it's way into the $8s and still be down 10% on nothing but good news lately.
    But still we are beating the market big time today
    3MIKE likes this.
    02-29-16 11:41 AM
    Nice hat! Reading material.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/02/...the-good-word/

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-29-16 11:47 AM
    So what are the TA guys saying about this level? New HOD $7.84 and over $7.80. Would be nice to finish above $7.80.
    02-29-16 11:57 AM
    But still we are beating the market big time today
    That's because we underperformed big time when the markets began their free fall

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    02-29-16 12:05 PM
    Hey guy,

Haven't posted lately been busy. So April 1st, is this the qtr we show profitability again? Thoughts

Posted via CB10
    Hey Jake,

Yes!
    Plus, we all see the stock rise to 100USD. We all take SF up on his offer to house all of us nutters' in his beach house. Kid and Aboutsue bring Chinese models to greet us at the door. CJ brings the beer. Morgan brings all his toys, Jdog brings monkeys... oh boy, I won't tell you what Bunga is bringing. Also, the rest of the crew has their own surprises.
    ... Oh, I continue to make a few guys laugh with half-baked humor.

Did I mention our stock price soars?

AHH! April fool!!
    02-29-16 12:10 PM
    Nice hat! Reading material.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/02/...the-good-word/

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Party DJ to Pastor, eh?

Sounds like my kinda chap! Thanks for the find Jdog.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-29-16 12:25 PM
    Party DJ to Pastor, eh?

Sounds like my kinda chap! Thanks for the find Jdog.
    Welcome Bacon!

I truly hope Morgan is not seeing Boobs on his TA charts, if he is, then a visit to the doctors is recommended. LOL

Back on topic!

Still his hat isn't as nice as my tuke!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-monkeybaby.jpg
    Last edited by bbjdog; 02-29-16 at 12:52 PM.
    bungaboy, ZayDub, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    02-29-16 12:40 PM
    Sitting in a big resistance area and light volume. If it can close up here, that's just at the 200-dma, +/-. Personally, I'd expect, and prefer, a bit of a pull back to the 50-dma, refresh the RSI and push on through with volume and conviction.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    02-29-16 12:50 PM
113,256 ... 38403841384238433844 ...