View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hi Corbu. Can you post that tweet please? Thanks!

Sent from my awesome Z30
    Corbu likes this.
    02-22-16 02:18 PM
    Hi Corbu. Can you post that tweet please? Thanks!
    Sure. Sorry about that.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cb1fu2jumaaodtt.jpg

Shreyas Sadalgi @Shreyas_Sadalgi
    Nice real infographic of the new @BlackBerry enterprise portfolio #MWC16
    02-22-16 02:59 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160222_224901.png

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, lech31 and 8 others like this.
    02-22-16 03:50 PM
    OT: San Bernardino
    San Bernardino Had Software That Could Have Given FBI Access to Shooter?s iPhone - WSJ

County was testing MobileIron software, but department where Syed Rizwan Farook worked hadn’t signed up

San Bernardino County had software that could have given the Federal Bureau of Investigation full access to the iPhone it lent to its former employee Syed Rizwan Farook, but the software wasn’t installed on the suspect’s device.

The county was testing the software, and the department where Mr. Farook worked hadn’t signed up for the test, said David Wert, a San Bernardino County spokesman.

Mr. Farook’s mobile phone is at the center of a high-profile dispute between the U.S. Department of Justice and Apple Inc. The FBI wants Apple to build tools that will help it circumvent the iPhone’s built-in data protection measures. Apple has refused to do this, saying the government is effectively trying to force it to put a backdoor in all of its devices, which would undermine all its customers’ privacy.

Mr. Farook had no guarantee of privacy on the device regardless of Apple’s commitment to protecting customer information, since it was owned by his employer.

“For corporate phones, most organizations’ policies dictate that the user understands that they have no right to privacy on the device, and that all data residing on the device is the property of the organization,” said Bryan Taylor, an analyst with the industry research firm Gartner Inc.

“This is one of those things where hindsight is 20/20,” Mr. Wert said. “If the county had any idea at all that the FBI would have any interest in getting into a county iPhone then, yeah, we probably would have had some things in place.”

The software the county is testing is built by MobileIron Inc., part of an emerging generation of tools used by organizations to get a handle on the widespread use of smartphones by workers. San Bernardino county has used a component of MobileIron’s software since at least 2012 to connect employees with the company’s email server, but recently it began testing a new component: mobile management software that would have allowed administrators more control of the device.

Companies tend to install such software on the phones of employees who have access to sensitive data. Mr. Farook, a restaurant inspector for the county health department, wouldn’t have fit into that category, Mr. Wert said.

“Everything he produced or would need to do his job would be a public record,” he said.

If the county had installed the software on Mr. Farook’s phone, officials would have been able to send a special command that would have opened the device to the FBI.

“The passcode screen would disappear,” said Ojas Rege, MobileIron’s vice president of strategy.

Instead, San Bernardino County’s own standard security measures have impeded the FBI’s search for Mr. Farook’s data.

According to Mr. Wert, the county mandates that employees use a four-digit passkey. The county also sets its phones to delete all data after 10 failed attempts to unlock them, he said. The combination of those two features has effectively locked the FBI out of Mr. Farook’s phone.

Mobile device management software such as MobileIron’s has been sold since the early 2000s and now amounts to an estimated $1.6 billion in sales globally. VMware Inc., Citrix Systems Inc., and International Business Machines Corp. also offer this type of software.

However, such products are new enough that many companies are unwilling to pay the $2 to $8 per employee monthly that companies such as MobileIron charge for their software, said Gartner’s Mr. Taylor. Many companies that have bought them use them only sporadically, if at all, he said.
    rarsen, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    02-22-16 06:39 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160222_224901.png 
Views:	956 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	392232

Posted via CB10
    Isn't VRX involved in a lot of unethical practices?
    02-23-16 01:11 AM
    Judas Priest fellas!

Who says that BlackBerry is collapsing it's work force? Only the people that don't know any better:

https://bb.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/BlackBerry/jobs

Is this a spoof!?

Gotta run! Him-got a hundred-job for me man!
    02-23-16 01:14 AM
    When is this event?
    02-23-16 01:25 AM
    Judas Priest fellas!

Who says that BlackBerry is collapsing it's work force? Only the people that don't know any better:

https://bb.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/BlackBerry/jobs

Is this a spoof!?

Gotta run! Him-got a hundred-job for me man!
    Not much hardware-based jobs though.

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    02-23-16 02:19 AM
    Interesting article covering the small but steady prominence of feature phones, maybe BlackBerry could dumb down some of the old curves/bolds small batches

https://next.ft.com/content/01ba2970...Europe/product

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 04:10 AM
    02-23-16 07:12 AM
    When is this event?
    Mobile World Congress occurs at the end of February each year. Our 2016 event will begin Monday, 22 February and continue through Thursday, 25 February.

https://www.mobileworldcongress.com/where-when/
    02-23-16 07:14 AM
    Then Corbu will be extremely busy for the next few days.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    3MIKE likes this.
    02-23-16 07:50 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security file. A lot about Apple Kool-Aid in the article but quantifying numbers are of interest and BlackBerry is the elephant in the room when speaking Security :

Apple's Next Big Market: Cybersecurity? - Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) | Seeking Alpha
    "We all know that Apple needs huge, growing markets to make investment worthwhile. Make no mistake, data security is a humongous market. Gartner believes that worldwide information security spending will have reached $75.4B in 2015. This is lower than some estimates, with some forecasting the market will reach $170B by 2020 at a CAGR of 10% from 2015 to 2020. While these numbers are staggering, in reality, this is just a fraction of the damage cybersecurity attacks cost businesses yearly. These breaches continue as a result of weak links in the security chain, which include employees falling for age-old phishing tricks, malware and other common methods of attack. As such, most companies are willing to fork out large sums of money (meaning big margins for competing companies) for the best and most user-friendly data security solutions.
    This is a space Apple has not currently invested heavily in. Acquisitions in the security space make sense to me as a means to both expand revenue, enter high-growth businesses and make Apple's devices more palatable to enterprise clients."

Personal Comment: My, my, my -- should be interesting competing times, looking forward to more talk of serious technology and hopefully less na�ve hype.

:
    Last edited by rarsen; 02-23-16 at 08:51 AM.
    02-23-16 08:38 AM
    MWC Announcement
    https://www.centrify.com/about-us/ne...inkId=21515838
    Centrify Provides Secure Access on the Good Dynamics Secure Mobility Platform

02-23-16 10:50 AM
    In a rough market today, BBRY turns green as it showed strength in a steady climb from the late morning low.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 01:24 PM
    What is the excuse or excuses for the red today?
    Enough of oil bs?

Posted via my PRIV
    02-23-16 02:00 PM
    If BlackBerry doesn't announce the 'Vienna' in the next few days at MWC.. It should be over for their hardware division. Enough time to evaluate PRIV sales, enough time to come up with a solid launch date, partners, price... imho

Posted via CB10
    smart548 and 3MIKE like this.
    02-23-16 02:21 PM
    Definition of patience in English:
    noun

1The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset:
    you can find bargains if you have the patience to sift through the dross'

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-23-16 02:31 PM
    Priv love!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/02/...by-blackberry/

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-23-16 02:32 PM
    If BlackBerry doesn't announce the 'Vienna' in the next few days at MWC.. It should be over for their hardware division. Enough time to evaluate PRIV sales, enough time to come up with a solid launch date, partners, price... imho

Posted via CB10
    Have Samsung show off their S7?

Posted via my PRIV
    02-23-16 02:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Particularly when you consider the obvious positive knock-on effect that an announcement will have on PRIV sales and the hardware side of the business in general. They are highly motivated to announce their 'GO' decision on future handsets as soon as the decision is made.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 03:16 PM
    Have Samsung show off their S7?
    Live from Samsung's MWC 2016 press event
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    02-23-16 04:06 PM
    02-23-16 04:11 PM
    Many thanks Corbu!

Posted via my PRIV
    Corbu likes this.
    02-23-16 04:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    It may be better that BlackBerry does not talk about more hardware for the dumpers to belittle, and really drive home the software side of where they are going. I would like to see great hardware emerge only as after thoughts to superior software and plentiful licensing agreements.
    Probably only then will Wall Street back off.

I wonder if bb10 refreshes will only be based on current devices? I can't see why they would simply drop the bb10 hand sets off a cliff, like some here have uttered.

Octa core, 128Gb hard drive with 4Gb of memory Passport anyone?
    02-23-16 07:26 PM
113,256 ... 38353836383738383839 ...