View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/yahoo-...133105832.html

It seems the market never really put too much faith in Marissa Mayer (or Yahoo). 26 billion of their 28 billion market cap is due to their stake in Alibaba So now they're all of a sudden panicking.. go figure

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 07:25 AM
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/yahoo-...133105832.html

It seems the market never really put too much faith in Marissa Mayer (or Yahoo). 26 billion of their 28 billion market cap is due to their stake in Alibaba So now they're all of a sudden panicking.. go figure

Posted via CB10
    That means without the Alibaba stake their market cap is half of BBRY's market cap, ouch.

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    02-20-16 12:23 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security file, anyone know if there has been an official response to John McAfee's offer??

MCAFEE: I'll decrypt San Bernardino phone free - Business Insider
    02-21-16 07:18 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security file, anyone know if there has been an official response to John McAfee's offer??

MCAFEE: I'll decrypt San Bernardino phone free - Business Insider
    I wonder how the relationship between Tim Cook and John McAfee is... if TC is truly being cornered, it could make sense for the 2 to team up. Makes a lot more sense than this being a grand marketing scheme imho

Not sure what the best outcome for BlackBerry would be. 1) Apple gives in. Then BlackBerry would need to be pushed out of the market entirely (not that hard nowadays) and there will be nobody left to stand up against the government 2) Apple does not give in, with McAfee possibly breaking into the iPhone. BlackBerry doesn't stand to lose anything.... now I come to think of it? :-)

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    02-21-16 07:38 AM
    I wonder how the relationship between Tim Cook and John McAfee is... if TC is truly being cornered, it could make sense for the 2 to team up. Makes a lot more sense than this being a grand marketing scheme imho

Not sure what the best outcome for BlackBerry would be. 1) Apple gives in. Then BlackBerry would need to be pushed out of the market entirely (not that hard nowadays) and there will be nobody left to stand up against the government 2) Apple does not give in, with McAfee possibly breaking into the iPhone. BlackBerry doesn't stand to lose anything.... now I come to think of it? :-)

Posted via CB10
    Teaming up wouldn't be good business for either party. Apple would still be actively working on circumventing their own security, and McAfee would not be able to sell Apple, or the FBI, or any other government, his technique for a lofty price.

I also suspect, but cannot know in any certainty, that the FBI has not made the step as this would undermine their attempt to get that back door they're after.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    02-21-16 08:11 AM
    Teaming up wouldn't be good business for either party. Apple would still be actively working on circumventing their own security, and McAfee would not be able to sell Apple, or the FBI, or any other government, his technique for a lofty price.

I also suspect, but cannot know in any certainty, that the FBI has not made the step as this would undermine their attempt to get that back door they're after.

Posted via CB10
    "The company has been a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel since February 2011,[5][6] and now forms part of its Intel Security division. Intel confirmed in 2014 that it planned to drop the McAfee brand." (wikipedia)

Since he doesn't have to worry about the company any more.. A lofty payment will do just fine :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 09:51 AM
    No BlackBerry branding on this year's Silver Arrow or the team's racing suit...

02-21-16 11:20 AM
    Yay, no more Sunday morning F1 spoilers on this thread! That spot must be much more expensive in 2016 than it was in 2013. Chen probably made the sensible decision here.
    02-21-16 12:00 PM
    That's a shame, but agreed the primo sponsor spots they had on the cars and uniforms would be far more expensive than a few years back. As both a BlackBerry and an F1 fan, I'm disappointed if this remains a dead end. Now, if BlackBerry spends some smarter money on marketing, then I'll be happier. In the end, I trust JC...

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 01:08 PM
    OT:
    MWC 2016: Samsung Galaxy S7 restores expandable storage - BBC News

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2016/02/...-in-one-phone/
    Galaxy S7 First Look: Samsung’s Greatest Hits In One Phone
    Last edited by Corbu; 02-21-16 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Added WSJ link
    02-21-16 04:04 PM
    That's a shame, but agreed the primo sponsor spots they had on the cars and uniforms would be far more expensive than a few years back. As both a BlackBerry and an F1 fan, I'm disappointed if this remains a dead end. Now, if BlackBerry spends some smarter money on marketing, then I'll be happier. In the end, I trust JC...

Posted via CB10
    Maybe they can change suit... and go for the newcomer yet promising Renault. They're back and could be a good spot at reasonable price...

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 05:11 PM
    Maybe they can change suit... and go for the newcomer yet promising Renault. They're back and could be a good spot at reasonable price...

Posted via CB10
    If I recall well, the last year Renault (branded as Lotus) used to spot a "Winphone" sponsorship..I dunno if that will remain for this season,but if JC decided to pull the trigger he must be confident that this move won't hurt sales (both HW and/or SW).. Even if I will miss that BlackBerry logo, I'm hoping and looking forward to a "QNX powered" sport car in the next years ;-)

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Corbu, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    02-21-16 05:47 PM
    Hey Abouthsu, I replied to your private message, but not sure if it has gone through (did it twice, but didn't see it sent). Let me know. Cheers!
    Hey pb, it did but my tapatalk app act weird from time to time and timeout with error when trying to reply. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Just replied to you via pm let me know if you got it.
    02-21-16 07:46 PM
    Hi Slipstream89 !!

I think that's where the big money will be made again. I have been a buyer the past 4 weeks and have my HALO average into the $ 8.00's now. I have also bought PSDV and I'm going to purchase a big chunk of SPHS. As for the technicals, HALO is finding great support at $ 7.00/shr and tracking the IBB Index perfectly, nothing less, nothing more so follow that index. SPHS popped above its 50-dma and seems to be setting up for a rally here. PSDV sold $ 16.2 MM worth of stock at $ 4.00/shr and they will want their money back so it is a buy as well. The whole sector has been trashed but that's where the biggest gains where over the past 4 years so it makes sense. I'm buying Biotech for the second half of the year, I see the entire market moving sideways here until the bears go away. Just follow the IBB Index using the 3-ema as your guideline. When the Index moves above that line, its a buy, watch for support there too, yesterday the Index got clipped and closed just below it and today we will be down as the general market is crying again. Everything should find support and trade sideways until money nibbles away at the bargains again.

I have to hand it to BlackBerry, the stock sold off yesterday giving up all of that breakout rally the prior day and then from 12:00 PM on, it moved right back to unchanged. We don't see that kind of support very often. So BBRY is holding up well and it needs to as the market will open down again this morning setting us up for a similar day of back and fill followed by the need to rally again. CJ pointed out that $ 7.05/shr is the pivot point for BBRY, notice how that number was resistance and then support yesterday, let's see it work today starting at noon.

The market is still getting clipped by the shorts, they have the upper hand right now and seem to give us a little only to take it all back. So look for the general market to trade weak on light pre-weekend volume with some support after the first hour.

Good luck, lots of great buys out there as the big money tells you we saw a fake rally this week and we must go down again. Doom and gloom is a great time to load up, just move into it gradually.
    Thanks for sharing m8. Just to add on SPHS, looks like institution ownership went up as well. http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/sphs/in...ional-holdings
    02-21-16 07:50 PM
    BBRY down again in pre market. No volume though. Just the market hating on BBRY

02-22-16 07:23 AM

OK thanks for nothing

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    bungaboy, sidhuk and La Emperor like this.
    02-22-16 07:32 AM

You should really look at the volume before jumping to conclusions.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 07:50 AM
    General OT from Related Technologies and Security file", gives some ideas of IT control over employee using smartphones and why certain brands/software could provide easier backdoor access than others. And why have I always had doubts about the Cloud...

Apple, FBI "backdoor" battle could've been avoided with basic IT security practices | ZDNet
    "A senior Apple executive speaking to the media Friday on condition of anonymity said the FBI could've been able to obtain data from Farook's iPhone by connecting it to a familiar Wi-Fi network and having it create a new backup to Apple's iCloud service.
    02-22-16 08:03 AM
    lech31, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    02-22-16 09:16 AM
    no mention of Vienna? no mention of Marshmallow update?
    02-22-16 10:34 AM
    no mention of Vienna? no mention of Marshmallow update?
    I thought that would be Ron's role

Posted via my PRIV
    02-22-16 11:08 AM
    02-22-16 12:05 PM
    Another nice and consistent grinder here today.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    02-22-16 12:06 PM
    02-22-16 01:22 PM
113,256 ... 38343835383638373838 ...