View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Interesting 13 G filing with the SEC today:

Pursuant to Rule 13d-3(d)(1) aggregate amount of shares beneficially owned includes (i) 36,942,900 shares issuable upon the conversion of $369,429,000.00 principal amount of convertible debentures of Blackberry Limited and (ii) 225,900 shares, which may be acquired upon the exercise of a call option that expires in January 2017.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...377_sc13ga.htm

Morgan+8 could you offer some insight? As far as I see it this is merely a housekeeping process.
    You are right, just house keeping and a requirement.

They hold 6.8 % of the 125,000,000 share equivalent, convertible bond issue, to be exercised at $ 10.00 yielding 6%, so this is the second largest position in the $ 1.25 B issue led by Prem W. That's a large position and one that needs to be reported on as they are over 5% of the total potential ownership of the company. I haven't heard of anyone selling off those bonds since inception. This speaks volumes about the yield and the ability of BlackBerry to pay interest on those securities. I believe BlackBerry can start to retire those bonds in November of this year. The stock is a little over a dollar above cash right now and looking cheap on a valuation basis versus the licensing deals they are doing with their patents alone. Not much I can say other than it is a real vote of confidence when no one attempts to sell your debt offering and move to some of those cheap bank stocks these days. Thanks for posting to the thread!

In other news, looks like we fell to support on the DJ and bounced off it nicely. It took some OPEC noise but that how these things work, a bit of news and a reversal. GL
    02-11-16 04:22 PM
    General OT from the Related Technologies and Security file:

US can't ban encryption because most of it comes from overseas | ZDNet
    "The report's stark conclusion is that any law "regulating product features are national, and only affect people living in the countries in which they're enacted. Out of the 865 products incorporating encryption across 55 countries, 546 products were from outside the US, representing two-thirds of the total. "Any mandatory backdoor will be ineffective simply because the marketplace is so international," said the report. "
    theRock1975, W Hoa, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    02-12-16 07:54 AM
    OT security related. Just another article on the risk for cyber attacks in the medical environment.
    http://www.informationweek.com/partn...e95c47a0d45a6a

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, rarsen, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    02-12-16 08:24 AM
    Australia:
    Nocookies | The Australian
    BlackBerry targets Australian business
    3MIKE, rarsen, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    02-12-16 08:32 AM
    I don't trust this rally. I feel something is going to reverse it. I hope I'm wrong, though.

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    02-12-16 08:48 AM
    Australia:
    Nocookies | The Australian
    BlackBerry targets Australian business
    In an interesting take-away Matthew Ball, managing director, BlackBerry Australia had this to say about Priv uptake.

But Mr Ball said he believed the overwhelming majority of Priv handsets would be sold directly to companies who would offer them to staff.

“That is certainly our expectation and forecast at the moment. But we’re starting to see some very early velocity in consumer,” Mr Ball said. He said Optus had doubled its projection of sales of Priv to consumers since launch.
    02-12-16 08:56 AM
    Interesting 13 G filing with the SEC today:

Pursuant to Rule 13d-3(d)(1) aggregate amount of shares beneficially owned includes (i) 36,942,900 shares issuable upon the conversion of $369,429,000.00 principal amount of convertible debentures of Blackberry Limited and (ii) 225,900 shares, which may be acquired upon the exercise of a call option that expires in January 2017.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...377_sc13ga.htm

Morgan+8 could you offer some insight? As far as I see it this is merely a housekeeping process.
    I expect Canso and Fairfax/Watsa to act in unison, for the most part. There are no explicit connections between the two companies I am aware of, but they are both from the Toronto area and have similar acquisition philosophies.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 09:39 AM
    Webinar registration

http://app.biz.blackberry.com/e/es?s...b3a70f5173afc9

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    3MIKE, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    02-12-16 12:25 PM
    02-12-16 12:42 PM
    Sorry for the OT but this is the weekend and several Investors are also interested in TESLA technology to invest their BB earnings:

Tesla Model 3 will start at $35,000, to be unveiled in March | ZDNet
    morganplus8, Corbu, W Hoa and 3 others like this.
    02-12-16 03:28 PM
    A bit of OT for those following CGC, http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/o...alls-1.3445854 thanks Snoop

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975, 3MIKE and Mr BBRY like this.
    02-12-16 04:35 PM
    A bit of OT for those following CGC, http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/o...alls-1.3445854 thanks Snoop

Posted via CB10
    All it needs now is news on how Trudeau light is coming along with legalization and it will take off.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE and Mr BBRY like this.
    02-12-16 05:02 PM
    7 weeks until April Fools Day.

Sorry shorties, on this day the news will be no joke.
    02-12-16 05:17 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    7 weeks until April Fools Day.

Sorry shorties, on this day the news will be no joke.
    Hope so! So far in the red on this stock it's not funny

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    02-12-16 05:31 PM
    Hope so! So far in the red on this stock it's not funny

Posted via CB10
    Same here!
    02-12-16 06:48 PM
    I'm glad I was wrong about the rally. It's good that we can have a day where the markets free fall.

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-12-16 07:30 PM
    Weekend music

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    02-12-16 07:56 PM
    This made me consider getting a Priv...

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    morganplus8, 3MIKE and rarsen like this.
    02-12-16 08:45 PM
    BlackBerry and Canon Sign Patent Licensing Agreement - Press Releases

Waterloo, Ontario – February 12, 2016 – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) today announced the company has entered into a patent license agreement with Canon Inc. for certain power charging technology used by Canon products.

An agreement between the two companies was reached in November 2015. Specific terms of the deal are confidential.

“Our agreement with Canon substantiates the value companies place on BlackBerry’s innovative and foundational power charging patents for mobile and consumer electronic devices,” said Dr. Mark Kokes, Vice President of Intellectual Property and Licensing, BlackBerry. With the agreement in place, Canon can continue to incorporate convenient charging solutions in its exciting new products.”

BlackBerry and Canon have a history of cooperation and intend to collaborate further.
    02-12-16 08:59 PM
    BlackBerry and IGT Announce Agreement on Patent Licensing Deal - Press Releases

Waterloo, Ontario and London, U.K. – February 12, 2016 – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) and International Game Technology PLC (“IGT”) (NYSE: IGT) today announced that they have entered into a royalty bearing patent license agreement related to certain power charging technology used in IGT products.

An agreement between the two companies was reached in November 2015. Specific terms of the deal are confidential.

“Our license agreement with IGT affirms the importance of BlackBerry’s innovative and foundational power- charging patents,” said Dr. Mark Kokes, BlackBerry Vice President of Intellectual Property and Licensing. With this agreement in place, IGT can incorporate convenient power charging solutions in its new gaming products, to the benefit of its customers and partners everywhere.”

“At IGT, enhanced ergonomics and player-focused amenities are integral to our cabinet design strategy. The addition of convenient charging capability to the IGT CrystalCore�, CrystalDual™, and S3000� cabinets provides our customers with another feature that enables players to spend time enjoying their favorite games while conveniently charging a phone or mobile device. This is a great example of innovation driven by customer feedback, and we’re pleased to deliver convenient power charging with a variety of games from our Core and Premium product lines,” said Victor Duarte, IGT Global Chief Product Officer.
    02-12-16 08:59 PM
    Whoops didn't see Corbu beating me to the licensing deals

Please ignore this post

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by rampagingpanda; 02-12-16 at 09:17 PM.
    Corbu likes this.
    02-12-16 09:04 PM
    BLACKBERRY?S PRIV SECURE SMARTPHONE POWERED BY ANDROID COMING TO NIGERIA - Press Releases

Nigeria, February 12th, 2016 – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in secure mobile communications, today announced that PRIV™ by BlackBerry�, the first-ever BlackBerry smartphone powered by Android will be available in Nigeria as of tomorrow through SLOT retail outlets.

Combining the best of BlackBerry’s productivity, security and privacy features with the wide world of Google Play™ store apps, PRIV is the epitome of form and function. It has been engineered with the world’s finest technology and packaged in an ultra-thin device – including a dual-curved screen, touch and physical keyboards, state-of-the-art 18MP camera, and long-lasting battery – with unique tools that allow users to manage and control their privacy.
    02-12-16 09:05 PM
    Are these same technology being used in Sync Pod? I do think Sync Pod is innovative just didn't know it was patented.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    02-12-16 09:30 PM
    No apologies needed, rampagingpanda!
    02-12-16 09:43 PM
    Are these same technology being used in Sync Pod? I do think Sync Pod is innovative just didn't know it was patented.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    Not really sure. I thought sync pod was apple thingy... however I like the mystery

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    02-12-16 10:17 PM
113,256 ... 38293830383138323833 ...