View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    02-05-16 02:04 PM
    There's no guessing that biotech is down because Hilary took Iowa. She did it on a coin toss but just the same, the IBB Index is dead right now and our fav stocks are following it down.

The DOW Jones looks fine, the chart pattern is that of a pull back due to it being Friday more than anything else. Even BlackBerry has dropped back to support which used to be resistance for weeks. The volume across the board is really light so I'm still in the camp that we are see a pre-weekend pull back. If the DOW were even right now, oil would be up a buck a barrel. I would look for a pop in just about everything next week. The doomsday pros are still at it every day though so you never know. GL
    Thanks Morgan8!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport

P.S. I was expecting a double bottom on markets and oil, but oil is trying to proof me wrong. GL to all.
    02-05-16 02:09 PM
    Thanks Morgan8!

P.S. I was expecting a double bottom on markets and oil, but oil is trying to proof me wrong. GL to all.
    Oil traders fell to the Friday trend as has the DOW Jones. Right at the end of the session, oil dropped back for the weekend. BUT, if you look at energy stocks, they are moving higher! ECA is about to close the week, up, making an intra-day high in a few minutes and that means that equity investors are preparing for the rally in energy next week. So even though it looks bad on the surface, don't let that fool you! I have a massive trade going on ECA and I hope to sell it over $ 5.00/shr within the next two weeks. I also have written naked puts on the same name and all of that money goes into biotech. Just because energy contracts look weak at the end of the day, equities in the same vein are moving higher. As a commodity trader, I would close out my long/short positions going into the weekend and they are doing the same today. Note that NG is about to turn positive on the charts too, closing above its 3-ema. Now sit back and watch ECA make a new afternoon high.
    02-05-16 02:29 PM
    Bloomberg is quoting an email sent by BlackBerry that says "200 employees in Waterloo and Sunrise" on their broadcast
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    02-05-16 02:57 PM
    Bloomberg is quoting an email sent by BlackBerry that says "200 employees in Waterloo and Sunrise" on their broadcast
    BlackBerry Fires 200 in Ontario, Florida in Profit Push - Bloomberg Politics

BlackBerry Ltd. fired about 200 employees in Florida and Ontario as the smartphone and software maker continues its efforts to trim costs.

The job cuts include 75 people at its location in Sunrise, Florida, according to information posted by the state’s Department of Economic Opportunity on its website. BlackBerry had 6,225 employees in February 2015, the company said in a filing at the time. Since then, it has fired workers, but also gained some in its acquisition of Good Technology Corp.

“As BlackBerry continues to execute its turnaround plan, we remain focused on driving efficiencies across our global workforce,” the company said in an e-mail. “As a result, approximately 200 employees have been impacted in Canada and Florida.”
    02-05-16 03:00 PM
    Found it:

BlackBerry Ltd. fired about 200 employees in Florida and Ontario as the smartphone and software maker continues its efforts to trim costs.
    The job cuts include 75 people at its location in Sunrise, Florida, according to information posted by the state�s Department of Economic Opportunity on its website. BlackBerry had 6,225 employees in February 2015, the company said in a filing at the time. Since then, it has fired workers, but also gained some in its acquisition of Good Technology Corp.
    �As BlackBerry continues to execute its turnaround plan, we remain focused on driving efficiencies across our global workforce,� the company said in an e-mail. �As a result, approximately 200 employees have been impacted in Canada and Florida.�
    BlackBerry is working to make itself profitable over the long term by building up the software business and cutting costs as smartphone sales continue to shrink. The Waterloo, Ontario-based company pivoted to making phones with Google�s Android operating system instead of its own BB10 operating system last year.
    BlackBerry fell 3.9 percent to $7.11 at 3:41 p.m. in New York. The company had dropped 20 percent this year through Thursday�s close.
    BlackBerry Fires 200 in Ontario, Florida in Profit Push - Bloomberg Politics

I should have known Corbu would first
    02-05-16 03:01 PM
    If some company fire's an employee, it's because of wrong doing, layoff would be a better term. How much creditable thought can we give to this article?

02-05-16 03:25 PM
    So now we know they might have let 0 - 1,000 employees go. What with the Good purchase and everything else that is going on including the requirement to maintain BB10 and not invent it, it seems fair that someone might have to go. We'll see.

Some may want to remember that BlackBerry acquired a bunch of companies and merged a lot of their technologies in the "Enterprise offering". So it also makes sense they adjust the team composition. Don't know what's the proportion, but surely counts in the global number.
    So I'd be curious about the final balance between job's acquisitions (companies that were bought) and those 200 leaving the company. Anyone has this info ?
    Good Technologies alone should be +/- 100, isn't it ?
    CB Forum dedicated thread : http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...erloo-1061225/

-------- ********** ------------

Rather than letting folks wonder about the number of employees laid off, BlackBerry has now stated "approximately 200 employees have been impacted in Canada and Florida."
    BlackBerry confirms new round of layoffs in Waterloo and Sunrise | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-05-16 at 03:53 PM. Reason: horrible English - Mhhhhooooooohhhhhh !
    02-05-16 03:46 PM
    Sigh.. another week over and done. First, sorry for the midweek rant. hahaha. Here is the week in the 3 minute chart. I'm slightly off of Morgan for prices but close enough. Quite frankly, BBRY was supposed to go up today, but, of course, the market took another dump thanks to the ER's of overvalued stocks, LNKD and DATA. These were some of the last bubbles to burst and it basically put the fear in the tech sector of more to come so it took them all down. BBRY faired quite well, considering. Look at what happened to CRM.. which I figured was the next to go... just not today. None the less, here we are and I "think" we'll test that $7.05 line again, probably breach it, the jump back on up. Technicals say we should, fundamentals say we should, but the market may choose different.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2016-02-05-6.36.18-pm.png
    02-05-16 05:50 PM
    02-05-16 06:27 PM
    BlackBerry Vienna and other brand models expected at MWC 2016:

The best smartphones expected before, during, and after MWC 2016 | ZDNet
    "There are rumors that BlackBerry may launch a similar Android smartphone with a QWERTY keyboard not hidden under a slider, much like an Android-powered BlackBerry Passport. It seems that the BlackBerry Priv is doing well with solid reviews and satisfied customer ratings. It makes perfect sense that a non-slider QWERTY device would launch from BlackBerry, but everything is still in early rumor stages at this point. If we do see such a device, it is likely to be revealed well after MWC."
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-vienna-android.jpg
    cjcampbell, Corbu, ZayDub and 11 others like this.
    02-05-16 06:39 PM
    Vienna needs to be out with android M. If it is not then Idk...
    It would be sense that it will be available in May/June time and the PRIV will update with Android M sometime in March.

Posted via my PRIV
    02-05-16 08:12 PM

"There are rumors that BlackBerry may launch a similar Android smartphone with a QWERTY keyboard not hidden under a slider, much like an Android-powered BlackBerry Passport. It seems that the BlackBerry Priv is doing well with solid reviews and satisfied customer ratings. It makes perfect sense that a non-slider QWERTY device would launch from BlackBerry, but everything is still in early rumor stages at this point. If we do see such a device, it is likely to be revealed well after MWC."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-vienna-android.jpg 
Views:	1813 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	390367
    Andriod Passport Please!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 09:47 PM

Name:	blackberry-vienna-android.jpg 
Views:	1813 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	390367
    If those renders are even close, that's one ugly device. I'd rather just see the pre-existing Passport form factor with Android.

Posted via CB10
    farmwersteve likes this.
    02-05-16 10:20 PM
    If those renders are even close, that's one ugly device. I'd rather just see the pre-existing Passport form factor with Android.

Posted via CB10
    When have they ever made an ugly device?

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, morganplus8, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    02-06-16 03:24 AM
    OT: where is therock

Posted via my PRIV
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-06-16 06:44 AM
    OT: where is therock

Posted via my PRIV
    I'm here, 24 hrs a day.

I haven't had much time to post though.
    My thoughts:

Apple opening up operations next to QNX is an amazing thing. They are partnering closely if they need to be next to each other. Apple has lots of cash to burn so they will create something great together.
    BlackBerry increasing buyback is a also sign that things are great and the company is in good financial shape.
    200 employees let go in not a concern to me. They acquired a lot of employees recently and need to let others go. This is normal. It may also be a result from overcapacity from BB10 activities. (ex Built for BlackBerry program)

Finally, it looks like QNX iot will be running off Amazon AWS. I don't have a link but there will be some product demos in Virginia soon.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 07:32 AM
    When have they ever made an ugly device?

Posted via CB10
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cricket-2a.jpg
    02-06-16 07:47 AM
    Layoffs... It just feels like as Johnny Ive left Apple. I wonder where Gary Klassen is going...

http://crackberry.com/gary-klassen-i...eft-blackberry

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 08:06 AM
    Apple opening up operations next to QNX is an amazing thing. They are partnering closely if they need to be next to each other. Apple has lots of cash to burn so they will create something great together.
    Or Apple is planning on poaching QNX employees. A d*** move, for sure, but certainly Apple's style.
    02-06-16 08:23 AM
    The comment section of that article is disgusting.
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    02-06-16 08:27 AM
    Or Apple is planning on poaching QNX employees. A d*** move, for sure, but certainly Apple's style.
    I guess it already started with BlackBerry employees! iMessage should improve now that Gary will come over. (we don't know that yet for sure of course)

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-06-16 08:46 AM
    I'm here, 24 hrs a day.

I haven't had much time to post though.
    My thoughts:

BlackBerry increasing buyback is a also sign that things are great and the company is in good financial shape.
    200 employees let go in not a concern to me. They acquired a lot of employees recently and need to let others go. This is normal. It may also be a result from overcapacity from BB10 activities. (ex Built for BlackBerry program)

Finally, it looks like QNX iot will be running off Amazon AWS. I don't have a link but there will be some product demos in Virginia soon.

Posted via CB10
    What is Amazon AWS?

Sent from my awesome Z30
    02-06-16 09:39 AM
    What is Amazon AWS?
    Amazon Web Services
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Web_Services
    rarsen, 3MIKE and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-06-16 10:12 AM

Name:	cricket-2a.jpg 
Views:	1226 
Size:	470.7 KB 
ID:	390414
    This is the joke.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-images-1-.jpg

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    02-06-16 10:24 AM
113,250 ... 38233824382538263827 ...