702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I guess unicorns aren't over with yet.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    02-03-16 07:34 PM
    02-03-16 08:12 PM
    OT kinda rant time - Disclaimer... I'm not sober therefore the continuity might be a tad broken.... and by the end, the thought may not come across complete and you'll be left scratching your head and saying "WTF CJ?!" Lord knows I will be upon rereading.

So we all know the world is kinda f'd right? Financially anyway. We had our '08 crash, then got propped up from our gov's since. Trillions have gone in to the system, and while we, the general public, have seen ourselves dig out, our "oversears" have dug themselves deeper and deeper to a point where it's unsustainable. A few weeks ago the US decided to increase their interest rate, disregarding the worlds general economic state, and it's own state. I can appreciate the purpose behind it... instil confidence... but really poor timing. All it did was give a one day move on stocks, bloat their dollar, hurt exports, and make imports even more attractive. In turn, this hurts jobs, hurts oil, hurts the world as, for some ungodly reason the world uses the US as the benchmark, and tanks everything. Now, 2 days ago, Japan introduced a negative interest rate. This was to get people to stop hoarding and spend, and it worked.... for one whole day!! Gah... We are in a market of sell the pop, not buy the dip and all this BS is doing is causing pops that create bigger dips. We Keep looking up like a puppy looking looking for approval, but we are looking up to "masters" that are untrained in how to deal. We are far beyond the trial and error phase and the economy is beyond the "need to potty train" phase so let ish happen as it's supposed to.

Ok... Not really making a new or separate point.. just breaking up the wall of text.... lo....

So today.. Oil is flatlining at the open.. as it should be since there's no news to push it up or down. We hear "maybe" OPEC will be in for cutting.. lol... right. Then we get the inventories for crude and distillates. Both are way over... and what does oil do? Why it goes way up of course. ha. There seems to be no sense to the way shi.. is these days. We all know Iran isn't going to cut production. They just had their big FU lifted and they're going to milk it for all it's worth. $15 oil is still better than they got before when you put in volume.

Now on to Bio's... WTF man.. I can appreciate the oil, tech, financial, consumables etc sectors but bio? Are people not getting sick any more? Are these companies really overpriced? Ok.. realistically some of them are way overpriced, sure, but as a sector? C'mon now. Billions are spent every year on failed drugs, but winners can't be found without trial and error but to earn billions to bankroll that... heaven forbid.

Alright.. I digress... with all that, I leave you with the Heretic Anthem (Cover)..... I apologize ahead of time... lol.

Last edited by cjcampbell; 02-03-16 at 08:33 PM.
    Corbu, CDM76, theRock1975 and 21 others like this.
    02-03-16 08:16 PM
    Well done CJ....(high five)

Posted via the device I grabbed today.
    02-03-16 10:02 PM
    Gotta love Marty

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    02-03-16 10:15 PM
    Gotta love Marty

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    Marty Marty Marty..Reading the troll frenzy aka Yahoo is an utter waste of time. There haven't been any legit / useful posts there on any stocks in at least the last ten years!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 06:17 AM
    We got to hang in there guys, here's some bold news ;

BlackBerry Stock: The No. 1 Reason BlackBerry Could Crush Apple in 2016

I think the writer has an interesting perspective IMO.
    02-04-16 06:26 AM
    Hi guys, thank you for all the info. I check this forum everyday.

I have a question, maybe stupid. USDCAD is 1,37. If it goes to 1 today, BBRY will go to 9,87 (like BB) or it's more BB that will go to 7,18? I understand it's not that linear but i saw in the last 52 weeks BBRY felt more than BB. So is it because of the USDCAD?

I also know that USDCAD won't go to 1 today it's just to understand.

A recovery in CAD will help BBRY?

Thanks
    02-04-16 07:09 AM
    Unfortunately, no. BB is so expensive compared to BBRY because everything now costs more in Canada. If USDCAD were 1, BB would be 7.18.

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    02-04-16 07:12 AM
    Saw my first PRIV in the (Croatian) wild today. Had a meeting and the guy started showing it off. He found out that BB had new devices when he saw my Passport a couple of months ago. Went to his carrier and the sales rep told him the PRIV is a better device.

QUESTION: He doesn't know how to include his email into the main HUB. When he goes to the hub, he has his email along with WhatsApp, Linked In, etc... But when he presses the all inclusive HUB (at the top), his emails are not included. We tried to figure it out but were unable to. Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance!
    vuzemd likes this.
    02-04-16 07:18 AM
    Have him open the Hub, go to settings, views and there make sure the accounts he wants to have displayed when in Hub are checked off.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Corbu, zlatno, Superfly_FR and 1 others like this.
    02-04-16 08:57 AM
    Best day for BBRY in a long time and everyone seems to be struck dumb. Cheers
    02-04-16 09:17 AM
    Best day for BBRY in a long time and everyone seems to be struck dumb. Cheers
    Shhhhhhh....

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 09:23 AM
    Doing some quick math, if Cisco is paying 4 to 7 times revenues for Jasper, we have some real value for QNX here assuming they are doing at least $ 100 MM and likely much more as contracts with the majors renew. Should bump the stock.

As for BBRY, it is confirming the breakout from that $ 7.14 - $ 7.16 price resistance, its about time. I'm looking for the 50-dma as a start here.

Prior to the market opening, the 100 pt. drop in the DOW futures was the result of data, and of course, the whipping boy, oil, which was plunging 7 cents at the time. Now oil is up and we are saved again. Thanks oil.

Yes, the US dollar priced BBRY dictates the current price of the CDN stock BB.TO. When we were above par, the Canadian price was below the US price and that hurt, now we have enjoyed a sustained rally in the US dollar until this week where the US dollar is getting its head handed to it. From $ 1.45 down to $ 1.37, we have lost an opportunity to make $ .08 x $ 7.18/shr or $ .57/cdn on our CDN price of the stock. That's quite the paper loss!

We get MOBL numbers today and that might give us a boost tomorrow if it appears that they are churning or even having trouble competing with BB. Fun times.

GL all.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 02-04-16 at 09:38 AM.
    plasmid_boy, W Hoa, 3MIKE and 11 others like this.
    02-04-16 09:24 AM
    Also the VirnetX news puts those patents into the limelight again. I know not every patent is weighted the same, still having 44K plus is a big bonus. Consider Cisco and a mystery company already signed an agreement, it may just hurry up some pending process in the pipeline...
    02-04-16 09:43 AM
    02-04-16 10:17 AM
    BBRY / TD Securities
    This was brought up earlier but, FTR:
    BlackBerry gets buy rating, $9.00 target from TD Securities - Cantech Letter

TD Securities issued a report to clients and investors on Tuesday, setting a “Buy” rating on BlackBerry initiated by the reports author, analyst Daniel Chan

In a BNN segment titled “Could BlackBerry See a 30% Rally?”, journalist Amber Kanwar summarizes the report’s findings, noting that “sees 27% upside, a $9.00 U.S. target”.

Shares of BlackBerry on the Nasdaq closed today down 2.2 per cent to $6.915.

Kanwar outlines four reasons Chan believes make the case for BlackBerry’s undervalued status.

The report, she notes, sees meaningful growth in BlackBerry’s software business, which has been offsetting declines in the company’s “legacy” SAF (service activation fees) “that are really no longer relevant to BlackBerry’s model”.

Second, BlackBerry’s hardware business also provides the company with a lot of room to maneuver, as evidenced by the Priv phone’s apparent success at using an Android operating system running a BlackBerry phone.

BlackBerry CEO John Chen describes BlackBerry’s hardware division as a de-risked business, in that BlackBerry no longer takes on inventory risks because the company has outsourced the phone’s production.

Third, BlackBerry is finally seeing the fruits of monetizing its patent portfolio.

Chan believes BlackBerry could potentially unlock $2.25 billion worth of patent value, or $4.37 per share, and notes it is the fifth most powerful patent portfolio among major communications and internet companies, according to the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).

Fourth, BlackBerry is sitting on a $1.5 billion cash reserve. Not bad for a “troubled” technology company.

Daniel Chan is no stranger to BlackBerry. The analyst formerly worked for Scotiabank, where he also worked the BlackBerry beat.

Chan is also optimistic about BlackBerry Technology Solutions (BTS), headed by president Sandeep Chennakeshu and one of four key components of BlackBerry’s business, the other three being Devices, Enterprise Services and Messaging.

Chennakeshu suggested recently that BlackBerry’s IoT play will likely be a 200 mm weatherproof high-value asset tracking box with an IP67 certification and a five-year battery life.

Tracking assets along the supply chain is set to be one of the major components of the Internet of Things market.

BTS is composed of five units: QNX Software Systems, Certicom, Paratek, the BlackBerry Internet of Things (IoT) Platform, and Intellectual Property and Patent Licensing (IPPL).

QNX in particular is well positioned now to be a key player in the Internet of Things market, particularly in the automotive realm, where QNX is installed in about 60 million cars and has approximately a 60% share of the in-vehicle “infotainment” market.

Back in 2010, then Research in Motion Vice Chair Mike Lazaridis said, “We see the car as the ultimate BlackBerry accessory.” Not many at the time possessed details of his ambitions.

BlackBerry last issued a quarterly earnings report on December 18, 2015, reporting $-0.03 EPS, beating analyst expectations by $0.12.
    3MIKE, morganplus8, sidhuk and 9 others like this.
    02-04-16 10:31 AM
    Thanks Corbu,

I still think BB should take a run at this one, they could pay 1 x revenues and the company has $ 170 MM in variable costs that could be reduced to break-even on EPS. BlackBerry could grab it for 65 MM shares or $ 540 MM in cash. Think of the leverage they would have worldwide on locking down mobile for 2G, 3G and 4G. Then there are the royalties that BB pays now, there must be a fit with some spin off regarding assets they don't need here. A boring report tonight should hold the stock price in check so that they could pounce. Chen is a wizard at cutting costs.

Can't wait for the close to hear from this one and MOBL.
    Corbu, sidhuk, 3MIKE and 10 others like this.
    02-04-16 10:43 AM
    Unfortunately, no. BB is so expensive compared to BBRY because everything now costs more in Canada. If USDCAD were 1, BB would be 7.18.

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    it's our advantage as a Canadian to have a week dollar and own stock that trades both sides of the border, if we bought a while ago when dollar was close to par, otherwise we trade in Canadian funds based on the American exchange rate

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 12:00 PM
    OT: anyone wants to give an estimate of MOBL?

Posted via my PRIV
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-04-16 12:57 PM
    OT: anyone wants to give an estimate of MOBL?

Posted via my PRIV
    I am so bored with this market that I will take a guess, they lose $ .26/shr and revenues of $ 39 MM and the stock drops until James Faucette raises his target to $ 7.50/shr on an M&A deal with anyone. Then the stock mysteriously goes back up.
    sidhuk, cjcampbell, Corbu and 12 others like this.
    02-04-16 01:11 PM
    Bored here too. Didn't pay enough attention early today as I was watching the Congressional hearing on drug pricing. What a gong show that was. Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 01:16 PM
    Lol guess I'm not alone...bored enough i bought some HALO to day trade, might as well take advantage on the swings and make a few hundred..beer money!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 01:25 PM
    OT Mobileiron earnings

Fourth Quarter 2015 Financial Highlights

Gross billings were $48.6 million, up 15% year-over-year
    Recurring billings, which represented 65% of gross billings, were $31.5 million, up 30% year-over-year
    GAAP revenue was $43.0 million, up 14% year-over-year
    Non-GAAP revenue was $42.9 million, up 17% year-over-year
    Recurring revenue was $26.0 million, up 45% year-over-year
    GAAP net loss per share was $0.18; non-GAAP net loss per share was $0.07
    Cash and equivalents, plus short and long term investments stood at $98.9 million

For financial year just ended:

GAAP net loss per share was $1.07; non-GAAP net loss per share was $0.71
    02-04-16 03:15 PM
    MOBL forecast summary:

Cash flow break even by end of 2016.
    2016 Cash low point of $85M.
    2016 Revenue growth 7-20%.

Competitive market dynamics wrt bundling: 'speed and focus beats bundling.'

Another beauty 'We have absolutely the best product.'

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 04:07 PM
113,256 ... 38213822382338243825 ...