View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Never got the January security update on my AT&T Priv, but this came just now...Attachment 390105
    Indeed. From Michael Clewley's Twitter account, earlier this morning:

#PRIV OS update now available for @ATT users. Grab it today!
    02-03-16 11:17 AM
    The S&P and the Dow Jones are moving slowly back in the green but the NASDAQ is trailing, what's happening?
    02-03-16 11:35 AM
    GOOG must weigh a lot with -3.70%
    3MIKE likes this.
    02-03-16 11:57 AM
    Here's some more good news !

The newcomer to the list of companies adopting Android OS handsets is BlackBerry Ltd. (TSX:BB)(NASDAQ:BBRY). After disappointing adoption rates for the company's secure BB10 platform, the company launched the Android-powered Priv device late last*...
    >>>Related articles:
    Alphabet Inc. and BlackBerry Ltd. (USA): A Perfect Match for Growth | The Motley Fool Canada

from Android Stocks App
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.dayup.stocks
    02-03-16 12:08 PM
    What's wrong? The US market drops, it drags down Asia overnight, that takes down oil and the US market drops the next day. So far, there is no stock good enough to own. Hilary is winning in Iowa by a coin flip, that kills biotech, a Canadian who spent several hours in Calgary to his credit is beating Trump, no, there is nothing wrong with this market.

So now even BBRY is tired of this nonsense and moving higher against the media and "experts" who tell us to get out of all stocks. Even ECA is up today as investors are tired of listening to the world coming to an end story. The only good thing that has come out of this is Yahoo, it is performing more like it should given the lack of talent from their CEO. So let's see what can happen when investors get so tired of hearing doom and gloom and buy stocks anyway.
    We're kinda used to this game ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c00015dd7_eae92870-c799-11e4-9350-0200ac17783c.jpeg

Edit
    me
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-flamandwhat.gif
    3MIKE, morganplus8, Corbu and 14 others like this.
    02-03-16 12:09 PM
    02-03-16 12:11 PM
    Interesting article
    Definitely familiar ...
    02-03-16 12:28 PM
    And MOBL down 4% before tomorrow's earnings release.. their market cap is barely above 270 mio

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    02-03-16 12:47 PM
    And MOBL down 4% before tomorrow's earnings release.. their market cap is barely above 270 mio

Posted via CB10

Pocket change.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY and _dimi_ like this.
    02-03-16 01:03 PM
    Pocket change.
    No, I would rather to let it go down to 0. Karma !

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    02-03-16 01:09 PM
    BBRY trying to finally break out.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 01:26 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    BBRY trying to finally break out.

Posted via CB10
    But getting killed bb.to due to canadian dollar against US $... what's going on with can $$?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 01:41 PM
    But getting killed bb.to due to canadian dollar against US $... what's going on with can $$?

Posted via CB10
    Your bank value would be the same anyway. Regardless, today we are getting a bump to the dollar thanks to the run on oil, coupled with a weaker USD. So, tomorrow, when oil tanks again, BB.TO will seem like a winner. Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 01:45 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mockit_03022016205938.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 02:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    As CJ mentioned, the US dollar got hit hard against all currencies, can't say it wasn't expected either. The US buck has been climbing for months and someone decided to take some profits. Its a one day wonder so keep your eye on the ball which is BBRY closing above $ 7.16/shr. I would think BBRY is a good hedge against MOBL earnings tomorrow.

My observation for today is how the media (CNBC) calls a 5.5% drop in the price of oil .... "a collapse or a plunge in prices" and when it rallies 8.0% it is "up today". Hmmnnn?

Let's get that pop above $ 7.16/shr for BBRY on a closing basis so that CJ can rest a bit! LOL Go BBRY!
    02-03-16 02:16 PM
    As CJ mentioned, the US dollar got hit hard against all currencies, can't say it wasn't expected either. The US buck has been climbing for months and someone decided to take some profits. Its a one day wonder so keep your eye on the ball which is BBRY closing above $ 7.16/shr. I would think BBRY is a good hedge against MOBL earnings tomorrow.

My observation for today is how the media (CNBC) calls a 5.5% drop in the price of oil .... "a collapse or a plunge in prices" and when it rallies 8.0% it is "up today". Hmmnnn?

Let's get that pop above $ 7.16/shr for BBRY on a closing basis so that CJ can rest a bit! LOL Go BBRY!
    It's going to close above that stupid $7.05 line so that makes me happy already. A push higher would definitely be better though. Lol.

OT - I picked up a few shares of SRPT this morning. A tad speculative but I like the story and the potential upside. It's not often you get the trial patients testifying to the FDA to reverse their decision.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 02:57 PM
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv: Second look reveals keyboard and Hub are compelling | ZDNet

"A new device from T-Mobile and software updates radically altered my view on BlackBerry's first Android smartphone. Nothing beats the BlackBerry Hub experience on a Passport, but the Priv is close and much better than the disjointed typical Android experience where one can be jumping into several applications in order to manage communications. BlackBerry succeeded here with the Hub on Android and I take back most of the bad things I wrote in my first take. I've been blessed with the opportunity to use the latest and greatest Android smartphones, such as the Nexus 6P, LG V10, and Samsung Galaxy Note 5 so have some high standards when it comes to Android phones. The BlackBerry Priv offers a fairly pure Google experience, is already seeing regular security updates, has an educational security app in DTEK, and offers something different than the standard black slab. My bottom line has changed significantly since November and if you are looking for an Android smartphone with a focus on efficient communications and a unique hardware keyboard experience, then I recommend you seriously consider the BlackBerry Priv."
    02-03-16 02:58 PM
    From the Related Technologies file for those who like to see general numbers on mobile phones, you know who you are:

Cisco: Internet of things, video will lead to global mobile data surge | ZDNet
    "According to Cisco, there will be 5.5 billion mobile users in 2020, or about 70 percent of the global population."
    Last edited by rarsen; 02-03-16 at 03:45 PM.
    02-03-16 03:35 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-1d-chart-2.3.16.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-yes-baby-fist-pump.jpg
    02-03-16 03:59 PM
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv: Second look reveals keyboard and Hub are compelling | ZDNet

"A new device from T-Mobile and software updates radically altered my view on BlackBerry's first Android smartphone. Nothing beats the BlackBerry Hub experience on a Passport, but the Priv is close and much better than the disjointed typical Android experience where one can be jumping into several applications in order to manage communications. BlackBerry succeeded here with the Hub on Android and I take back most of the bad things I wrote in my first take. I've been blessed with the opportunity to use the latest and greatest Android smartphones, such as the Nexus 6P, LG V10, and Samsung Galaxy Note 5 so have some high standards when it comes to Android phones. The BlackBerry Priv offers a fairly pure Google experience, is already seeing regular security updates, has an educational security app in DTEK, and offers something different than the standard black slab. My bottom line has changed significantly since November and if you are looking for an Android smartphone with a focus on efficient communications and a unique hardware keyboard experience, then I recommend you seriously consider the BlackBerry Priv."
    We need all the early naysayers / negative reviewers to have a second look after the updates that fixed battery life, camera, heat, some hub issues.
    02-03-16 04:30 PM
    OT related to patents
    Apple ordered to pay 625M in patent trial over Face time

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/03/apple...h-virnetx.html
    02-03-16 04:51 PM
    Who thought that pumping oil price would prevent the market from heading south?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by bbjdog; 02-03-16 at 06:17 PM.
    02-03-16 05:42 PM
    OT
    Related to IOT news: Cisco to buy Jasper for 1.4B, interesting with how to value QNX
    The revenue of Jasper is not much, BTW, however they did say it has grown 100% year over year (it could be from 5 to 10M) They received about 200M in funding
    http://venturebeat.com/2016/02/03/ci...sper-for-1-4b/

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 7 others like this.
    02-03-16 05:45 PM
    OT: More on Jasper
    Cisco to Buy Jasper for $1.4 Billion, Adding IoT Management - Bloomberg Business

Closely held company helps connect new devices to Internet

Cisco's Robbins pushes beyond networking with cloud offerings

Cisco Systems Inc., the largest maker of networking equipment, said it will acquire closely held Jasper Technologies Inc. for $1.4 billion, bolstering its offerings in the growing market for technology that lets people manage devices like jet engines and vending machines over the Internet.

Jasper’s products let customers connect appliances, electronics and other products over cellular networks, then manage them through software. Cisco will pay cash and assumed equity awards plus additional incentives, the San Jose, California-based company said in a statement Wednesday.

Under Chief Executive Officer Chuck Robbins, Cisco is working to extend its reach beyond corporate networking as more kinds of devices and products -- from refrigerators and thermostats to industrial equipment -- become capable of linking to the Web, giving them new functionality and allowing them to be controlled in new ways. This market, called the Internet of Things, will create billions of new connections that Cisco technology can help build, secure and manage, Robbins has said.

“Cisco sees IoT as both a top priority for the company as well as a massive market opportunity,” said Rob Salvagno, vice president of corporate development at Cisco.

Jasper CEO Jahangir Mohammed will join Cisco to run the new IoT Software Business Unit, Cisco said. The closely held company has more than 3,500 corporate customers worldwide.

Ford, Heineken

Jasper’s software is already in use by Ford Motor Co. and Nissan Motor Co., enabling users to remotely unlock doors, start the engine or call emergency roadside assistance. Amazon.com Inc.’s Kindle electronic readers use Jasper software to get e-books delivered over the Internet, and Heineken NV uses it to monitor beer quality and keg levels. General Electric Co. jet engines connected via the technology deliver performance data to maintenance engineers on the ground, reducing costs, according to Jasper’s website.

Robbins, who took over from John Chambers last year, is looking to rekindle sales growth at Cisco. While the equipment maker hasn’t struggled as much as rivals such as Hewlett Packard Enterprise and International Business Machines Corp. as they all grapple with the industrywide shift to cloud computing, Cisco’s growth has slowed. From 2000 to 2010, the networking pioneer averaged 13 percent annual sales growth. Since then, gains have averaged about 4 percent.
    rarsen, theRock1975, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    02-03-16 07:17 PM
    OT: And even more...
    Cisco to Buy Jasper in $1.4 Billion ?Things? Push - WSJ

Cisco Systems Inc. said it will pay $1.4 billion in cash to buy Jasper Technologies Inc., one of the best-known startups pursuing the technology trend known as the Internet of Things.

The closely held company, founded in 2004, provides services to help customers connect and monitor things like cars, jet engines, manufacturing tools and medical pacemakers. Jasper specializes in managing the wireless connections and billing relationships with cellular carriers needed for what Silicon Valley calls IoT applications.

The deal helps Cisco move "up the stack" of technology, becoming more closely involved in IoT applications in addition to moving data, said Rob Salvagno, Cisco's vice president of corporate development.

"We believe that together we are going to be able to move this industry forward a lot faster," he said.

Cisco, based in San Jose, Calif., has a long track record of acquiring smaller companies. But it has specialized in less costly deals in recent years; the Jasper purchase is Cisco's largest since it agreed to pay $2.7 billion for Sourcefire Inc. in July 2013.

Jasper, based in nearby Santa Clara, reached a private valuation of $1.4 billion as of April 2014. It raised $204 million in private financing.

The company was founded by Chief Executive Jahangir Mohammed before the term IoT had gained currency. One original motivations was his annoyance that he had to drive his car to service shops to have them see sensor data that could have been transmitted wirelessly, Mr. Mohammed has said.

The company went on to land customers such as General Motors Co., which uses it to monitor vehicles for maintenance purposes, said Gaurav Garg, a board member and early investor in Jasper who later founded Wing Venture Capital. "The service shops get to see what is going on before you take it in," he said.

Mr. Mohammed will lead a new IoT software business unit, which will report to Rowan Trollope, a Cisco senior vice president who also oversees Cisco collaboration technologies.

Jasper, with about 385 employees, has 3,500 customers in more than 100 countries, Mr. Salvagno said. One of its major competitors is Ericsson AB, a big Swedish maker of telecom equipment that in November announced a technology partnership with Cisco, noted Steve Hilton, an analyst with the IoT research firm MachNation.

Though Jasper hasn't disclosed financial results, Mr. Hilton estimated its revenue at about $300 million, assuming Cisco paid four to seven times that amount in the deal.

The Wall Street Journal reported in November 2014 that Jasper was working on an initial public offering for the following year.
    rarsen, cjcampbell, 3MIKE and 5 others like this.
    02-03-16 07:19 PM
113,256 ... 38203821382238233824 ...