View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This should be a positive for the market today:

Japan’s central bank has made a shock decision to adopt negative interest rates, in an attempt to protect the flagging economy from market volatility and fears over the global economy.

In a 5-4 vote, the bank’s board imposed a 0.1% fee on deposits left with the Bank of Japan (BoJ) – in effect a negative interest rate.
    01-29-16 05:56 AM
    It seems Microsoft is already a big competitor in EMM.

Enterprise Mobility Solutions customers have more than doubled year-over-year, and we have nearly tripled our share among the Fortune 500 in the last 12 months.
    Over one third of the Fortune 500 have chosen our Enterprise Mobility solutions, up nearly 3x year-over-year.
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-29-16 06:56 AM
    Guys, check out my last post on the thread below
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...cation-853728/
    I would like to point out 3Mike for his proper behavior !

Guys, as we discussed before, we should not make this thread a "forum within the forum" especially when dealing with other stocks (SPHS stole the board yesterday, for instance).
    We all know we're a bit dry about BBRY lately but for clarity sake, please, use the other sections of the forum when needed (and post a link here, once, just to be more visible to "the gang" if you wish, I won't battle that !).

This limitation does not include news about BlackBerry, its competitors or the "mobile" market in general, which may influence BBRY SP or highlight a perspective or expectation, as we all know. This leaves the door open for general discussion, but let's remember we're on CrackBerry and the topic is BBRY !

I hate to write that ... I feel adding pretty much useless posts myself ...

Have a great day guys !
    SF
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-29-16 at 07:19 AM.
    Munx, Dunt Dunt Dunt and 3MIKE like this.
    01-29-16 07:09 AM
    Pretty much in line with my previous statement : "BB10 will live at least until BlackBerry gets the same level of security agreement with Android". Oh, did I add "probably not tomorrow" ?
    morganplus8, 3MIKE and CDM76 like this.
    01-29-16 07:17 AM
    BlackBerry Announces Changes to Common Share Purchase Program

ccnm

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Jan. 29, 2016) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in mobile communications, announced today that it received approval from the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") to amend its current normal course issuer bid ("NCIB") in order to increase the maximum number of common shares that may be repurchased from 12,000,000 common shares, or 2.5% of the public float as at June 22, 2015 (the reference date for the NCIB), to 27,000,000 common shares, or 5.8% of the public float. The total public float on June 22, 2015 was 464,723,304 common shares. No other terms of the NCIB have been amended. BlackBerry also announced that it has entered into an automatic purchase plan with its designated broker to allow for purchases of up to 2,685,524 common shares in connection with the NCIB.

The NCIB - which began on June 29, 2015 and will end no later than June 28, 2016 - is conducted through the facilities of the TSX and the Nasdaq Stock Market ("Nasdaq") or alternative trading systems, if eligible, and conforms to their regulations. Purchases under the NCIB are made by means of open market transaction or other such means as the Nasdaq or a securities regulatory authority may permit, including pre-arranged crosses, exempt offers and private agreements under an issuer bid exemption order issued by a securities regulatory authority.

Under TSX rules, BlackBerry is allowed to purchase daily, through the facilities of the TSX, a maximum of 578,619 common shares representing 25% of the average daily trading volume, as calculated per the TSX rules. The average daily trading volume for the six months ended May 31, 2015 was 2,314,477 common shares. In addition, BlackBerry may make, once per week, a block purchase of common shares not directly or indirectly owned by insiders of BlackBerry, in accordance with TSX rules. All shares purchased pursuant to the NCIB are cancelled.

During the period from June 29, 2015 to January 29, 2016, BlackBerry purchased and cancelled a total of 9,921,454 common shares, representing 2.1% of the public float as at June 22, 2015, at a weighted price of US$7.43 per share.

The board of directors of BlackBerry believes that the purchase by BlackBerry of its common shares represents attractive investment given current equity market conditions, and does not expect that the amended NCIB will have a significant impact on BlackBerry's cash balance.
    01-29-16 08:03 AM
    increase the maximum number of common shares that may be repurchased from 12,000,000 common shares, or 2.5% of the public float as at June 22, 2015 (the reference date for the NCIB), to 27,000,000 common shares, or 5.8% of the public float
    Thanks, that's GREAT news !!!
    So they basicaly doubled+ up !

During the period from June 29, 2015 to January 29, 2016, BlackBerry purchased and cancelled a total of 9,921,454 common shares, representing 2.1% of the public float as at June 22, 2015, at a weighted price of US$7.43 per share.
    So, +/- 18,000,000 shares to go ...
    Edit, wait a minute. If they cancelled the 9Mil. shares, the 27 Mil. more should weight (in %) a bit more, isn't it ?

I'm dancing ... and waiting for the opening [PM means nothing]
    [BTW: notice the Orange ad ]

Attachment 389427
    01-29-16 08:19 AM
    The NCIB - which began on June 29, 2015 and will end no later than June 28, 2016
    So BlackBerry, if it fulfills its NCIB, and already having bought back 10MM shares, will buy back an additional 17MM shares in the next five months.
    rarsen, Corbu, La Emperor and 7 others like this.
    01-29-16 09:00 AM
    Yes, but it was such a perplexing day...sell off in the morning, then shoots to $2.70 after the news release, then sells off for the rest of the day. With volume of 2.8M shares I don't know who's accumulating and who is churning. Maybe there wasn't a large enough short position to create a squeeze or the shorts are keeping a lid on it by shorting more? Either way, I'm at a loss for an explanation. Maybe our resident Biotech guru Morgan may be able to shed some light on it if he has time to chime in.

...I need to hit a certain target as my SPHS shares are earmarked for conversion to BBRY darn it!
    OT SPHS

Fantastic news, in case someone missed it, a complete ablation of a tumor in just one treatment at a specific dosage. The safety profile was excellent too.

I would have predicted a close over $ 3.00/shr yesterday even if they announced painful plans for additional financing. That was a nice thought but as we learned yesterday, we clearly need more time to line up the financing and details of two more studies. The news is amazing when you consider that the results are based on different dosages of the simple treatment. A quick study, which they can fund now, would help to determine the correct dosage and then a protracted second Phase III to complete the data. All of this takes time and I believe that some investors piled into the stock hoping they would apply for a fast track to an NDA. That doesn't appear likely now and the stock got dumped on. The second minor problem is the fact that this research is done at the University College in London. All this means is that the Baker Brothers aren't all over it at the earliest of stage yet. Think of this research as a government sponsored work and very clean in terms of who is doing it, void of the KBIO type of suspects but also void of capitalist funding. If they go the route of a Morgan Stanley for funding, the stock will soar, if they raise capital the public funding way, the stock won't see as big of a jump. If the stock price stays the same as it is today, I would expect someone will want to own it. My plan is to let the stock's volume dry up, to wait for the 11 additional patients to report in late April and to buy more stock if they let it drift back down to $ 1.50 to $ 1.70/shr range. More importantly, I want to give it a bit of time for those hoping for $ 50.00 a share to go away. It won't take long for the volume to dry up here, we now have 3 MM shares averaging $ 2.00 in the past 24 hours and they aren't selling so I suspect the volume will dry up and quietly move higher as they negotiate funding with amazing data behind them now. It didn't help that the IBB Index got slaughtered yesterday. Be patient and watch the volume for signs of drying up while we await new analyst opinions and revised target for the stock, in the days ahead. It shouldn't take much more than 250,000 shares to clear the dead weight.
    01-29-16 09:16 AM
    So BlackBerry, if it fulfills its NCIB, and already having bought back 10MM shares, will buy back an additional 17MM shares in the next five months.
    This is good news, we saw them buy up shares in late July/2015, approx. 6.5 MM of them, then they paused to do the Good Tech deal, then resumed purchases in our last Q3 statement to the tune of 1.6 MM and now, based upon this data they are back at it and increasing the number of shares purchased per quarter. I really like seeing this as it places a floor under the stock and dries up the Market Makers chances of driving it down. Share buybacks are the only thing saving AAPL and it is nice to see us apply the same principles to BBRY while building revenues up the right way. Good news and another announcement on top of the many reported by Corbu this week.
    01-29-16 09:45 AM
    Here we are fighting for the line again. Just tested for the second time since getting over. If it can hold on, and it should, we could see a run into close.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 10:03 AM
    It seems Microsoft is already a big competitor in EMM.
    It's hard to beat free. Non-regulated biz, small to medium size biz, and those that see no value in EMM will adopt quickly. MSFT will likely become the largest player in the space by users, and the smallest by rev.

http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2016/0...t-you-pay-for/

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 10:07 AM
    Thanks Morgan for analysis, was going to just sell today but thought to myself good things should happen with this stock soon. Wouldn't you expect something earlier than April in regards to funding? I thought they only had enough cash to April from what they said during earnings

OT SPHS

Fantastic news, in case someone missed it, a complete ablation of a tumor in just one treatment at a specific dosage. The safety profile was excellent too.

I would have predicted a close over $ 3.00/shr yesterday even if they announced painful plans for additional financing. That was a nice thought but as we learned yesterday, we clearly need more time to line up the financing and details of two more studies. The news is amazing when you consider that the results are based on different dosages of the simple treatment. A quick study, which they can fund now, would help to determine the correct dosage and then a protracted second Phase III to complete the data. All of this takes time and I believe that some investors piled into the stock hoping they would apply for a fast track to an NDA. That doesn't appear likely now and the stock got dumped on. The second minor problem is the fact that this research is done at the University College in London. All this means is that the Baker Brothers aren't all over it at the earliest of stage yet. Think of this research as a government sponsored work and very clean in terms of who is doing it, void of the KBIO type of suspects but also void of capitalist funding. If they go the route of a Morgan Stanley for funding, the stock will soar, if they raise capital the public funding way, the stock won't see as big of a jump. If the stock price stays the same as it is today, I would expect someone will want to own it. My plan is to let the stock's volume dry up, to wait for the 11 additional patients to report in late April and to buy more stock if they let it drift back down to $ 1.50 to $ 1.70/shr range. More importantly, I want to give it a bit of time for those hoping for $ 50.00 a share to go away. It won't take long for the volume to dry up here, we now have 3 MM shares averaging $ 2.00 in the past 24 hours and they aren't selling so I suspect the volume will dry up and quietly move higher as they negotiate funding with amazing data behind them now. It didn't help that the IBB Index got slaughtered yesterday. Be patient and watch the volume for signs of drying up while we await new analyst opinions and revised target for the stock, in the days ahead. It shouldn't take much more than 250,000 shares to clear the dead weight.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 10:25 AM
    01-29-16 10:37 AM
    Thanks Morgan for analysis, was going to just sell today but thought to myself good things should happen with this stock soon. Wouldn't you expect something earlier than April in regards to funding? I thought they only had enough cash to April from what they said during earnings

Posted via CB10
    I personally don't think they need to wait for the balance of the 2a data on the 11 patients to go for financing. That report is likely due at the end of April. With the data they have now, including the additional report on the Phase III - 1 Plus research and conclusions from Florida, they will have no problem getting funds. At what price and who will pickup those shares, I haven't a clue. Perhaps that is why the stock was held back, as the funding is near and it is based upon the average trading days of the stock, say 60 days, no idea. I see we have crossed 300,000 shares so far today, someone dumped 55,000 at once and drove it down. The news is fantastic for them, I'm just letting it trade without me buying more right now. I won't buy more today but by next week it should be washed out. GL
    01-29-16 10:39 AM
    It's hard to beat free. Non-regulated biz, small to medium size biz, and those that see no value in EMM will adopt quickly. MSFT will likely become the largest player in the space by users, and the smallest by rev.

http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2016/0...t-you-pay-for/

Posted via CB10
    ActiveSync is just a feature of Exchange mostly used by small businesses.
    Microsoft has a product similar to BES12, called Intune. They bundle it with other services as part of the "Enterprise Mobility Suit".
    01-29-16 10:50 AM
    Good acquisition
    I had forgotten about this point... if it had ever been brought up!

However, this is not the most interesting aspect to the securities filing which released all of these details. As of 30 September 2015, Good Technologies book value was approximately -$212 million; however, in order to keep it running, another company came in with a $20 million bridge loan. That company was BlackBerry – just like Microsoft saving Apple back in 1997 with the small difference of this bridge loan was now obviously the catalyst which led to Good’s acquisition by BlackBerry.
    https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne.../good-details/
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-29-16 at 01:36 PM. Reason: No sir, this ain't OT !!!
    01-29-16 11:01 AM
    Good acquisition
    I had forgotten about this point... if it had ever been brought up!

https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne.../good-details/
    You take the same statement and fast forward to September 2016 and sub MOBL for Good ............. and we wait.

Thanks bud.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-29-16 at 01:36 PM. Reason: (not OT !)
    sidhuk, Corbu, La Emperor and 9 others like this.
    01-29-16 11:12 AM
    01-29-16 11:36 AM
    ActiveSync is just a feature of Exchange mostly used by small businesses.
    Microsoft has a product similar to BES12, called Intune. They bundle it with other services as part of the "Enterprise Mobility Suit".
    'Bundled' = near free. Our firm (40k) has been using Intune for a while now. Chen has acknowledged that parts of EMM will essentially become free in the future. I have no doubt he is correct. He is a very good CEO.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 11:44 AM
    Thank you Morgan. Your thoughts and contributions are truly a bright beacon in these tumultuous times.
    lech31, Corbu, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    01-29-16 11:58 AM
    Thank you Morgan. Your thoughts and contributions are truly a bright beacon in these tumultuous times.
    No thanks necessary. I hope most of us are tied into 3 or more trades by now so that we can move amongst them when the opportunity arises.

BBRY hasn't stayed below a technical breakout point for this long, that $ 7.12 - $ 7.14 area is holding it back. Even with the DOW Jones finally breaking out of its consolidation range we still can't catch a wave here but it does look like it wants to park right under that resistance level today. I'm looking for BBRY to at least get to its 50-dma soon. I don't know why, but I feel this is the last time we might see BBRY this low after they release Q4 data.

SPHS is an amazing story, not a great response to that kind of news but biotech is not in favour right now. I still see it bouncing back into the $ 2.00 plus area soon. Looks dried up now.

HALO - I'm at $ 10.35 for an average right now and could add a great deal more but I'm waiting to see a real bottom is in this one. Love it, don't mind holding it here, I have made so much money on this one that it owes me nothing.

I hold a profit in PSDV - I would buy more of it but I'm totally fixated on SPHS right now.

ECA - I have a slight profit in this one and might sell a block of it to get more SPHS and BBRY.

Ah yes, BBRY - I hold a profit in this one and have been buying on dips this week. I was lucky to sell a large block of it above $ 9.00 including all of my call options and that was solely because my wife wanted me out of it! Now I can sneak back into it today.The BBRY story just keeps getting better every day. Chen is really doing a good job of positioning this play for the balance of fiscal 2016 and into 2017.

That's most of what I hold today! I have a couple of sub $ 1.00 trades that are long term stuff.

Good luck with your trades my friend.
    01-29-16 01:18 PM
    No thanks necessary. I hope most of us are tied into 3 or more trades by now so that we can move amongst them when the opportunity arises.

BBRY hasn't stayed below a technical breakout point for this long, that $ 7.12 - $ 7.14 area is holding it back. Even with the DOW Jones finally breaking out of its consolidation range we still can't catch a wave here but it does look like it wants to park right under that resistance level today. I'm looking for BBRY to at least get to its 50-dma soon. I don't know why, but I feel this is the last time we might see BBRY this low after they release Q4 data.

SPHS is an amazing story, not a great response to that kind of news but biotech is not in favour right now. I still see it bouncing back into the $ 2.00 plus area soon. Looks dried up now.

HALO - I'm at $ 10.35 for an average right now and could add a great deal more but I'm waiting to see a real bottom is in this one. Love it, don't mind holding it here, I have made so much money on this one that it owes me nothing.

I hold a profit in PSDV - I would buy more of it but I'm totally fixated on SPHS right now.

ECA - I have a slight profit in this one and might sell a block of it to get more SPHS and BBRY.

Ah yes, BBRY - I hold a profit in this one and have been buying on dips this week. I was lucky to sell a large block of it above $ 9.00 including all of my call options and that was solely because my wife wanted me out of it! Now I can sneak back into it today.The BBRY story just keeps getting better every day. Chen is really doing a good job of positioning this play for the balance of fiscal 2016 and into 2017.

That's most of what I hold today! I have a couple of sub $ 1.00 trades that are long term stuff.

Someone read this and decided to oblige and give BBRY a boost. Haha

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 01:31 PM
    That's the M8 index, don't you know Bunga ?
    01-29-16 01:39 PM

I have a couple of sub $ 1.00 trades that are long term stuff.

are those BBRY Trades? LOL
    01-29-16 01:50 PM
    'Bundled' = near free. Our firm (40k) has been using Intune for a while now. Chen has acknowledged that parts of EMM will essentially become free in the future. I have no doubt he is correct. He is a very good CEO.

Posted via CB10

One stop shop..... Hosted Email, Spam Filtering, Virus Scanning, Mobile Device Management, Cloud Storage, Backup, and even office suites. Google has their business packages and MS has their own business email hosting. Starting at only $4 per user.... very attractive for small or even medium size companies, when you compare with buying servers, software packages, and of course the licensing....

Might not meet the needs of big corporate customers... but half the business in the US are small business.

Which is why Chen has been trying to add other unique security related services to his EMM portfolio....
    sati01 likes this.
    01-29-16 02:19 PM
113,256 ... 38163817381838193820 ...