Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What's with the AH?

Posted via CB10
    Pay no attention. The down you see looks simply like a settlement trade and was only 151 shares. Back to green now with a whopping 1 cent gain.
    01-20-16 03:23 PM
    Isn't that funny how TA works, I mentioned this morning that we would drop hard, and find support at the 1850 level on the S&P 500 and we are looking at doing that. That would be enough for me to buy again in here. The volume is large enough to call this a bottom too. Let's see. I see plenty of green!
    Yup. This is exactly what I was waiting for, as mentioned last week. One good deep and high volume sell off to hit levels so stupid cheap, that funds would say "ok... let's put some of this cash to work". I'm not 100% confident that we are done, but that bounce was pretty. It's now in the hands of the other world markets not to screw it up. lol
    01-20-16 03:29 PM
    No let's roll back to $7+
    Are you done buying back J.Ch ?
    Hope so.
    01-20-16 03:49 PM
    Time for a cute picture on this crazy day in the markets.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-thqmarfp73.jpg
    01-20-16 04:41 PM
    OT I'm not sure if this is a 'very sophisticated' thing or a 'very awkward' thing, but.......

The Shanghai Stock Exchange in China opens from 9:30am to 3:00pm local time.
    They also take a lunch break, where trading is suspended, from 11:30am to 1:00pm local time.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-shanghailunch.jpg
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    01-20-16 05:11 PM
    01-20-16 05:18 PM
    Ot reading material

http://www.cmegroup.com/education/fe...d-markets.html

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    3MIKE likes this.
    01-20-16 06:15 PM
    Time for a cute picture on this crazy day in the markets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thQMARFP73.jpg 
Views:	1141 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	388447
    It's like I had this throbbing headache since last week and it magically disappeared this afternoon!!
    01-20-16 06:24 PM
    It's like I had this throbbing headache since last week and it magically disappeared this afternoon!!
    LOL!

It's called monkey withdrawal symptoms. Lol

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    3MIKE and Corbu like this.
    01-20-16 08:41 PM
    "We have something we call the BlackBerry Integrity Detection Engine -- we call it internally �BIDE.� And it is a runtime validation of the system, so we�re essentially underneath Android, something Google really can�t do, because it�s done in the firmware of the device. We�re looking up at Android; while it�s running, we�re watching it and measuring it, and observing it, and saying, �Does everything look okay?� That�s a really good example of something we do that your standard platform doesn�t do."
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/bla...iew,31036.html

Very Good read
    Posted Via blackberry passport.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 01-20-16 at 09:43 PM.
    Uzi, Corbu, W Hoa and 17 others like this.
    01-20-16 09:32 PM
    01-20-16 10:01 PM
    Excellent read indeed, sidhuk. Thanks!
    01-20-16 10:02 PM
    Orange France Priv sold out already

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-orangefr.jpg
    01-20-16 10:04 PM
    My SE Passport fell out of my hands and hit the ground...hard.

My life starting running through my head. What am I going to do? There's no way I can get a new screen in Croatia. Am I going to order a new SE from Canada? Then my thoughts started wondering a bit. The PRIV is available in Croatia. I still haven't chosen a new device for extending my contract with my carrier. Will I go for the new slider even though I have been more than happy with the SE? I felt like I was cheating on the Passport.

So I picked up the Passport off the ground and turned it over to see the damage. Huh, not even a scratch. Unbelievable!!!

It was nice to 'dream' about the PRIV for a bit. Felt a bit dirty and impure. But my heart still belongs to the SE Passport. BEST DEVICE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-21-16 04:39 AM
    TBH, I had a (really tough) drop experience with the Priv and the gorilla glass screen impressed me big times !
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...style-1055891/
    zlatno, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 9 others like this.
    01-21-16 05:43 AM
    TBH, I had a (really tough) drop experience with the Priv and the gorilla glass screen impressed me big times !
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...style-1055891/
    Are you trying to get me to cheat on my SE? Temptation, temptation...
    3MIKE likes this.
    01-21-16 06:30 AM
    The big guy popped in the neighborhood

Apple Inc Leases Possible New R&D Facility in Canada for QNX Software

Apple has a reputation for stealing engineers from other tech companies!!
    01-21-16 07:07 AM
    The big guy popped in the neighborhood

Apple Inc Leases Possible New R&D Facility in Canada for QNX Software

Apple has a reputation for stealing engineers from other tech companies!!
    First they steal our inventions, now they're stealing our inventors.

Hide your kids, hide your wife...
    rarsen, 3MIKE, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    01-21-16 07:27 AM
    01-21-16 07:35 AM
    OT:
    Tech Companies Bring Battle Over Data to Davos - WSJ

Executives say weakening encryption could damage security, and new laws would put them in an impossible position

DAVOS, Switzerland—Tensions are rising between governments and big U.S. technology companies over widening surveillance demands, part of a broader debate over how to reconcile online privacy with the fight against terrorism.

The battle will surface this week at the World Economic Forum, after a year in which terrorist groups including Islamic State killed hundreds in attacks around the world—in some cases, officials say, using popular online tools to recruit followers and communicate.

Governments, particularly in Europe, want U.S. tech firms to turn over more information to them directly. Law-enforcement and intelligence officials say firms should build ways to turn over conversations into encrypted chat programs like Facebook Inc.’s WhatsApp.

Tech firms respond that weakening encryption could damage security on the Internet, and say new laws demanding access would put them in an impossible position.

“You could be placed in a situation where you have to decide what law to break,” said Brad Smith, Microsoft Corp.’s chief legal officer, who is among the tech executives debating surveillance at Davos. “It isn’t a comfortable place to be.”

Countries usually can demand information about people only within their borders. But many of the biggest online services are based—and store their data—in the U.S., raising questions of jurisdiction.

Surveillance demands are rising sharply. Governments and law-enforcement agencies in the European Union made nearly 63,000 requests for information about users to Microsoft, Google Inc., Apple Inc., Facebook and Twitter Inc. in the first half of 2015, up 24% from a year earlier, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis of company reports.

The pressure goes beyond the EU. In Turkey, government requests for user data from Facebook rose 141% in the first half of 2015, from the year before. In Russia, requests for user information from Google rose 122% in the same period.

Since 2013, when former U.S. National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden leaked documents alleging widespread government snooping by the U.S. and allied countries, American tech companies have become vocal opponents of surveillance policies that could scare away privacy-conscious users.

Firms including Apple and Google have started encrypting mobile phones by default, often in ways that mean the firms don't have keys to decrypt them.

Now, amid evidence that plotters in the Nov. 13 attacks in Paris had at least downloaded encrypted chat applications, law-enforcement authorities have renewed calls for firms to re-engineer those programs to allow them to be decrypted. They contend investigations are being thwarted because of encryption.

Telecommunications executives, which have had to contend with surveillance requests for some time, say the decision should be left to governments. “I don’t think it is Silicon Valley’s decision to make about whether encryption is the right thing to do,” AT&T Chief Executive Randall Stephenson said Wednesday.

Silicon Valley companies are lobbying officials in Davos. They contend that changing their architecture to thwart encryption would open their systems to hackers—and not stop criminals from building their own end-to-end encryption systems anyway.

“You can do what you want from a policy perspective, but you can’t stop mathematics,” said Javier Aguera, chief scientist of Silent Circle, which offers encrypted communication apps and phones.

American tech firms say they already cooperate with authorities outside the U.S., but that their hands are tied by U.S. law.

In general, they will turn over only limited personal information about users to certain U.S.-allied countries, executives say. They direct European authorities to channel more-detailed requests to the U.S. government through bilateral treaties in a process that can take months.

Some other requests, like those for information about devices, can go directly through local authorities because they are often about thefts or taxes, Apple says.

In Davos, several executives said they are pushing for governments to adopt a new system to expedite cross-border requests. Such a system, which would require new treaties and eventually could entail a new multilateral data-sharing accord, would aim to avoid legal conflicts like that posed by a proposed U.K. law that would require tech firms to turn over data directly to U.K. authorities.

“The answer is an interlocking legal system between countries,” said one executive at a tech firm with a big presence in Davos. “There are legitimate surveillance needs here.”
    I could be wrong, but it appears as if John Chen is not in Davos this week. It would have been nice to see him there.
    01-21-16 08:03 AM
    First they steal our inventions, now they're stealing our inventors.

Hide your kids, hide your wife...
    Take my wife...
    bungaboy, Corbu, 3MIKE and 5 others like this.
    01-21-16 08:29 AM
    My SE Passport fell out of my hands and hit the ground...hard.

My life starting running through my head. What am I going to do? There's no way I can get a new screen in Croatia. Am I going to order a new SE from Canada? Then my thoughts started wondering a bit. The PRIV is available in Croatia. I still haven't chosen a new device for extending my contract with my carrier. Will I go for the new slider even though I have been more than happy with the SE? I felt like I was cheating on the Passport.

So I picked up the Passport off the ground and turned it over to see the damage. Huh, not even a scratch. Unbelievable!!!

It was nice to 'dream' about the PRIV for a bit. Felt a bit dirty and impure. But my heart still belongs to the SE Passport. BEST DEVICE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sounds like our friend JC (from the, "I hate my BlackBerry" videos) should make one about the PP SE and somewhere in there talk about how when he gets mad or tries to break it so he can justify getting a new phone (Priv) it won't break or damage lol

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    01-21-16 08:40 AM
    Take my wife...
    Corbu, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    01-21-16 08:50 AM
    OT:

I could be wrong, but it appears as if John Chen is not in Davos this week. It would have been nice to see him there.

Yes it would've really nice, I remember 2 or 3 years ago a head of a little tech company had invented an app made for iPhone and Android, and when "asked what about BlackBerry" he responded "I don't see BlackBerry in the future".
    It would've been really nice!! "Repeat"
    Corbu, rarsen, OlympusMons and 2 others like this.
    01-21-16 09:07 AM
    Yes it would've really nice, I remember 2 or 3 years ago a head of a little tech company had invented an app made for iPhone and Android, and when "asked what about BlackBerry" he responded "I don't see BlackBerry in the future".
    It would've been really nice!! "Repeat"
    Indeed. Especially when others are there...
    Wickr CEO: Hacking the digital age
    3MIKE, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    01-21-16 09:25 AM
113,256 ... 38063807380838093810 ...