View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Could be another bloody market tomorrow, China's getting pummeled again. Oil hit $27s earlier today too.
    01-19-16 08:36 PM
    Ouch....25 is my guess on Oil, see what happens.

Posted via the device I grabbed today.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-19-16 09:07 PM
    Does the world economy runs on oil? This bs is so long over and it's still working

Posted via my PRIV
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-19-16 09:09 PM
    Doesn't matter if it runs on it or not. It's the current trend and so far it's been working.
    abouthsu, CDM76 and gedob like this.
    01-19-16 09:14 PM
    So if oil can't find support in 28-29 area next support will be 20? Did I understand right?
    01-19-16 09:33 PM
    Anyone loading up on BlackBerry at these prices?
    Aren't we getting close to cash on hand levels again?

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    01-19-16 09:53 PM
    Anyone loading up on BlackBerry at these prices?
    Aren't we getting close to cash on hand levels again?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not loading up on anything until I see an end to the market carnage.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 10:06 PM
    BlackBerry needs to win back customers' confidence, says India MD Narendra Nayak - The Economic Times
    NEW DELHI: BlackBerry's new India managing director Narendra Nayak says his first task will be to win back customer confidence while rebuilding the business, which will help double the company's revenue in the next fiscal year.

When Nayak took over in October, BlackBerry had less than 30 employees in India, down from over 70 a couple of years ago. The company has been trying to come to terms with its transformation from an iconic smartphone maker to an enterprise solution provider.
    Nayak is now creating a new enterprise sales channel and entering new segments like healthcare and automotive for its products under the BlackBerry Technology Solution business vertical. "We honestly lack the skill sets in the enterprise side," Nayak told ET in his first interview since taking over.

"We are hiring people possessing skills to sell software like QNX, and on BlackBerry Technology Solution side." The company is also re-skilling the existing workforce that was earlier focused towards devices and not software," he said.

He added that BlackBerry's device business, which had degraded, has almost stabilised and will focus mainly on enterprise software customers
    01-19-16 10:55 PM
    Amnesty yesterday released a report you can find here: https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents.../3183/2016/en/

Linking several companies in the use of suppliers where children and adults work in hazardous environments with little to no protection.

Companies include Samsung, Apple, Sony, Microsoft, LG and Lenovo

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 04:06 AM
    If European markets are any indication, and oil keeps dropping like it has pretty steadily since 6:30am yesterday, today looks like it might be that washout event I've been waiting for. Good luck to everyone today!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 06:01 AM
    FWIW

BlackBerry Receives a Hold from Scotia Capital
    By George Macdonald

Scotia Capital analyst Daniel Chan assigned a Hold rating to BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) today and set a price target of $7.50. The company�s shares closed yesterday at $6.75, close to its 52-week low of $5.96.

Currently, the analyst consensus on BlackBerry is Hold and the average price target is $7.30, representing an 8.1% upside. In a report issued on January 12, Canaccord Genuity also reiterated a Hold rating on the stock with a $8 price target.
    01-20-16 07:01 AM
    5 most secure messaging apps.

5 Best Secure Messaging Apps

I listened to the CEO of Wickr on CNBC this morning and I liked the responses she gave about encryption to the interviewers.
    Here's the video ;

Wickr CEO: Hacking the digital age
    Wickr CEO: Hacking the digital age
    01-20-16 07:56 AM
    I hope we get some capitulation today! This isn't a bad correction on a historical basis as much as it is a fast one with no relief so far. We have been deeper many times before but this time around we have no reason for the sell off. We ended 2015 without an issue and very bullish with the indexes above their 50-dma.

Energy is blamed for this but in some cases it is following the market down. Which is worse for Canadians, oil at $ 40.00 US and the dollar at par or oil at $ 28.00 and the Loonie at .68/cents? There is little reason to think the world is coming to an end. Interest rates aren't going up anytime soon, energy is cheap. employment is strong, China has barely lowered their currency, only a fraction of what the rest of the world has done. Companies are a wash in money, BBRY has $ 5.15/shr in cash!

I mentioned that 1868 on the S&P 500 was support, we haven't closed below that yet, today is our biggest test of that level. We have support at 1820, 1800 and 1790 so there are other levels here. I think we can find support at 1850 intraday, a dip down and then no one wants to sell type of thing. Oil is not in a free fall, it is being talked down every day now. There aren't that many players in the world today that can make money producing oil at these levels, then there is the geographical issue of shipping oil to other markets, when Encana starts to run out of hedges at very high prices, they will shut in product and reduce capex. Everyone not making money will do the save and energy pricing will explode.

Don't watch individual prices of stocks unless you are a buyer, watch the indexes for a bottom here, and don't spend too much time listening to the so called experts who are making money on this sell off, they're not your friend.
    01-20-16 08:02 AM
    IOil is not in a free fall, it is being talked down every day now. There aren't that many players in the world today that can make money producing oil at these levels, then there is the geographical issue of shipping oil to other markets, when Encana starts to run out of hedges at very high prices, they will shut in product and reduce capex. Everyone not making money will do the save and energy pricing will explode.
    Nice post!

Just want to comment regarding oil. It's not being talked down, but manipulated down by the Middle-East. To make a long story short: They can 'afford' to lose a bit of $ knowing that long-term they will make it back ten-fold.
    01-20-16 08:11 AM
    Nice post!

Just want to comment regarding oil. It's not being talked down, but manipulated down by the Middle-East. To make a long story short: They can 'afford' to lose a bit of $ knowing that long-term they will make it back ten-fold.
    This blame game has run its course! We should look in our own back yard for manipulation in the glut of oil.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    W Hoa and bungaboy like this.
    01-20-16 08:31 AM
    To your point:

Saudi Arabia has probably spent around $100 billion of its foreign reserves by now to prosecute its war against American shale and other low-cost oil producers.

Saudi Arabia is taking a page out of the playbook of the U.S. shale producers, which have become the most powerful force in the global oil market—the swing producer—financing their huge expansion with cheap debt. Russia’s Igor Sechin, president of oil giant Rosneft, recently said that U.S. shale oil has steam rolled into control of the world oil market backed by $150 billion of debt.

U.S. oil production has fallen by about 500,000 barrels a day from its peak, but America is still producing an enormous 9.1 million barrels a day. To put that in perspective, the U.S. was producing 6.8 million barrels a day three years ago.
    And for the first time in forever US producers can sell offshore.

http://peakoil.com/publicpolicy/saud...-war-with-debt
    01-20-16 08:51 AM
    We just need to get past the next two oil contracts; March, April and we will start to see a run up to the 40s.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 09:20 AM
    Amnesty yesterday released a report you can find here: https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents.../3183/2016/en/

Linking several companies in the use of suppliers where children and adults work in hazardous environments with little to no protection.

Companies include Samsung, Apple, Sony, Microsoft, LG and Lenovo

Posted via CB10
    I knew apple would appear there.

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    01-20-16 09:47 AM
    Any reason why we're underperforming GPRO? They have a reason to be falling. I've heard mostly good news for BBRY yet we free fall once again.

01-20-16 09:51 AM
    01-20-16 10:12 AM
    Any reason why we're underperforming GPRO? They have a reason to be falling. I've heard mostly good news for BBRY yet we free fall once again.

The bigger the fall, the harder the bounce?
    Or at least that's what I am hoping

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 10:13 AM
    Wow, oil at below $27. A few months ago I thought about going out, buy a huge oil tank for my backyard and filling it will oil.
    Now it will be really worth it.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 10:42 AM
    http://www.investornewswire.com/anal...daqbbry/83766/

"According to analysts surveyed by Zacks Research, BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) is expected to post earnings of $-0.18 per share for its most recent quarter. The company is set to release its earnings around 2016-03-25. "

2 months to go..Inaccurate 'analysis'?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 12:03 PM
    Good news HALO seems to be pumping hard!!
    01-20-16 12:07 PM
    http://www.investornewswire.com/anal...daqbbry/83766/

"According to analysts surveyed by Zacks Research, BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) is expected to post earnings of $-0.18 per share for its most recent quarter. The company is set to release its earnings around 2016-03-25. "

2 months to go..Inaccurate 'analysis'?

Posted via CB10
    They should say "BlackBerry Limited is going to blow our prediction out of the water.

smart548, OlympusMons and CDM76 like this.
    01-20-16 12:07 PM
113,256 ... 38043805380638073808 ...