View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Are we off the trade today ? Can't see nothing but Jan. 14 quote on Nasdaq web site ...
    Bb.to is the only action on BlackBerry today. The price has been within ten cents. Cheers!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-18-16 10:24 AM
    Are we off the trade today ? Can't see nothing but Jan. 14 quote on Nasdaq web site ...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin..._King,_Jr._Day

Cheers, SF!
    01-18-16 11:04 AM
    01-18-16 11:06 AM
    Can someone verify if BlackBerry was added to the Canadian index today? I am hearing 2%.

If so, good news.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    01-18-16 11:23 AM
    and I dare to wear a blacksploitation name symbol.
    Thanks, all. Sorry.
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    01-18-16 12:07 PM
    Ok guys, here's the news : Discount code is back for those in the need of a BB10 device.

Here's the deal :

• This code is only valid through ShopBlackBerry.com but codes can be used in any country that ShopBlackBerry services. The countries ShopBlackBerry services now include Italy, the Netherlands and Spain in addition to Canada, USA, UK, Germany and France
    • The code is redeemable for BlackBerry Passport, BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition, BlackBerry Classic and BlackBerry Leap devices only (all other BlackBerry 10 devices and PRIV are excluded) — in any color — it is not valid for accessories or other products
    • The code cannot be combined with other discounts or offers
    • The offer cannot be extended to previous ShopBlackBerry.com purchases — it’s valid for new purchases only
    • The offer expires on February 29, 2016 at 11:59 pm ET and is void where prohibited or restricted by law

If you try to use the code and get a message stating it is not valid anymore, just let me know so that I can grab another one for you.

The discount code is : 8zfztp6uh
    and offers 15% reduction.
    You can share it with friends or family.
    Have a great day,
    SF
    rarsen, bungaboy, Corbu and 15 others like this.
    01-18-16 12:18 PM
    OT: BlackBerry - QNX opportunity?

How high-tech car theft became a billion-dollar Canadian racket

How high-tech car theft became a billion-dollar Canadian racket - The Globe and Mail

". . . In the middle of the night, in a Hamilton suburb, a young man walks up a driveway, turns a key in the door of a parked Acura and quietly gets into the driver’s seat.

He doesn’t start the car, instead reaching into his bag to pull out something that looks a bit like an oversized vintage Nintendo controller, 13-by-30 centimetres with a bright blue rubber border.

With a USB cable, he plugs it into the car’s diagnostic system and punches some buttons. Then, trying the key, he hears the engine come to life. He backs out and drives away. Before the sun rises, he does the same with four more cars – and in that way, in less than a year, 500 cars in and around the GTA worth $30-million are silently taken. . . . "
    01-18-16 12:26 PM
    Ok guys, here's the news : Discount code is back for those in the need of a BB10 device.

Here's the deal :

• This code is only valid through ShopBlackBerry.com but codes can be used in any country that ShopBlackBerry services. The countries ShopBlackBerry services now include Italy, the Netherlands and Spain in addition to Canada, USA, UK, Germany and France
    • The code is redeemable for BlackBerry Passport, BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition, BlackBerry Classic and BlackBerry Leap devices only (all other BlackBerry 10 devices and PRIV are excluded) � in any color � it is not valid for accessories or other products
    • The code cannot be combined with other discounts or offers
    • The offer cannot be extended to previous ShopBlackBerry.com purchases � it�s valid for new purchases only
    • The offer expires on February 29, 2016 at 11:59 pm ET and is void where prohibited or restricted by law

If you try to use the code and get a message stating it is not valid anymore, just let me know so that I can grab another one for you.

The discount code is : 8zfztp6uh
    and offers 15% reduction.
    You can share it with friends or family.
    Have a great day,
    SF
    Thank you was looking at buying a Passport SE this week to add to my collection! 

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 12:37 PM
    The Shining Star of CES: Mobile - Direct Marketing News

Blackberry, with its new PRIV Android phone, made a comeback at the Las Vegas show. The post-CES influencer score of 133 posted by CEO John Chen trailed only Samsung's John Herrington (176) and Apple's Phil Schiller (153).
    01-18-16 01:17 PM
    01-18-16 01:19 PM
    01-18-16 01:23 PM
    OT: BlackBerry - QNX opportunity?

How high-tech car theft became a billion-dollar Canadian racket

How high-tech car theft became a billion-dollar Canadian*racket - The Globe and Mail

". . . In the middle of the night, in a Hamilton suburb, a young man walks up a driveway, turns a key in the door of a parked Acura and quietly gets into the driver�s seat.

He doesn�t start the car, instead reaching into his bag to pull out something that looks a bit like an oversized vintage Nintendo controller, 13-by-30 centimetres with a bright blue rubber border.

With a USB cable, he plugs it into the car�s diagnostic system and punches some buttons. Then, trying the key, he hears the engine come to life. He backs out and drives away. Before the sun rises, he does the same with four more cars � and in that way, in less than a year, 500 cars in and around the GTA worth $30-million are silently taken. . . . "
    Thank goodness BlackBerry already has a product that can be repurposed for this...BlackBerry Protect!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, bungaboy, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    01-18-16 01:24 PM
    Priv coming to South Africa Feb 7

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-vodacom.jpg
    01-18-16 01:29 PM
    Context - fanmade BlackBerry advertisement

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 01:33 PM
    Thank goodness BlackBerry already has a product that can be repurposed for this...BlackBerry Protect!

Posted via CB10
    It would be a nice feature to be able to also command Glympse to show where they are so you could disable the doors and windows and disable the car at the time and location of you choosing.

I'm thinking of like an level grade railway crossing, or in front of police station, or over the end of a short Wharf.

LoL
    3MIKE, Corbu, morganplus8 and 10 others like this.
    01-18-16 02:32 PM
    OT:
    WhatsApp to Drop Subscription Fee - WSJ

MUNICH—WhatsApp will scrap its subscription fee and explore ways that businesses can interact with the mobile messaging service’s users to make up for the lost revenue, its co-founder said Monday.

The app previously had charged an annual renewal fee of $1 for all users after their first year. However the service’s co-founder, Jan Koum, said Monday at the Digital Life Design conference here that his company will start removing the fees from different versions of the app in coming weeks because they aren’t practical.

The move is a shift for Facebook Inc. and WhatsApp—whose booming subscriber growth, in part based on its ad-free model, went some way to justifying the $22 billion Facebook paid for it in 2014. When the deal was first announced, WhatsApp boasted 450 million users.

Facebook founder and Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg previously said he expected WhatsApp to contribute to the company’s bottom line, but not until it reaches about a billion users. Mr. Koum said Monday that WhatsApp has nearly reached that mark, but there is no deadline to start generating revenue. A Facebook representative wasn’t immediately available to comment.

During the conference, Mr. Koum said he was abolishing the subscription fee because it “really doesn’t work that well in a lot of countries, and we just don’t want people to think that their communications…with the world will be cut off.” Many users, he noted, don’t have a debit or credit card to let them to pay for the service.

The merger with Facebook has allowed WhatsApp to focus on growth and on building its product, rather than on making sure it brought in money, Mr. Koum said. “We didn’t spend a lot of time over the past two years putting work and effort into the subscription model,” he said.

In an off-stage interview, Mr. Koum said the decision “wasn’t necessarily about making money, but making sure we build something that is useful…to people.”

Facebook executives, he said, agreed with that logic.

WhatsApp said it would start testing new business models this year that would allow organizations to communicate with individuals with the user’s consent.

Facebook Messenger, the social media firm’s other mobile messaging service, already uses a similar facility where businesses can communicate with users.

The idea would be to allow companies such as banks to notify customers of fraudulent transactions or airlines to alert travelers about delayed flights.

“It’s still very early stages,” Mr. Koum told the crowd. “But we have to think about what kind of features [we can add so that] companies like American Airlines or Bank of America can communicate with consumers efficiently through an app like WhatsApp.”

Mr. Koum said the so-called commercial-participation model wouldn’t introduce third-party advertisements or spam.

WhatsApp also has drawn worldwide attention with reports alleging that the terrorists in the Paris attacks on Nov. 13 used the encrypted service, among others, to communicate with one another. That has fueled the debate about whether companies should be allowed to offer ultra-secure messaging tools.

“It’s incomprehensible to me that people are willing to have this debate…it’s not a debate,” Mr. Koum said in the interview. He called the notion of loosening the messaging services’ security so governments could access the communications “very backwards.”

“It’s just frustrating how many politicians don’t necessarily realize what it is they’re asking for because there’s no way to build a backdoor that only good guys will use,” he said.

Hackers and rogue states would discover the backdoor and it would allow criminals to steal people’s data, Mr. Koum continued. “If anything, people should be asking for more encryption, for more digital security to protect their data—not less.”
    01-18-16 02:44 PM
    It would be a nice feature to be able to also command Glympse to show where they are so you could disable the doors and windows and disable the car at the time and location of you choosing.

I'm thinking of like an level grade railway crossing, or in front of police station, or over the end of a short Wharf.

LoL
    You're mean man M. bungaboy
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-18-16 02:45 PM
    From the Related Technologies and Security file:
    ?What lurks beneath the Internet of Things hype? Nagging security fears - CNET

"If you go by what everyone was saying at the massive CES tech showcase, we're speeding toward a future in which everything is connected and talking to every other thing, all to make your life a little better. If consumers are worried about incursions on their privacy or personal data, that would be bad news for gadget makers."It's a potential barrier to customers adopting the new technology,"

The onus is on the tech industry to figure this out. "It's up to us as tech providers to make consumers excited," BlackBerry CEO John Chen said last week in an interview. With the company's BlackBerry Priv smartphone, for example, the company has given people tools to control what information they share with others. Most people wouldn't dream of posting sensitive information like their home address or Social Security number on Facebook. It's about determining which parts of your information are worth the extra layer of security."
    01-18-16 05:35 PM

LoL
    Give autonomous driving some time. The automakers and BlackBerry will come up with a "drone" mode of driving.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    01-18-16 05:37 PM

LoL
    NICE! How about locking the doors and a return to home command to bring the car back to the place the person will be. Sales for baseball bats would be in demand. Lol

bungaboy, Corbu, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    01-18-16 06:43 PM
    NICE! How about locking the doors and a return to home command to bring the car back to the place the person will be. Sales for baseball bats would be in demand. Lol
    QNX's version of Tesla's Summon feature...
    https://www.teslamotors.com/blog/sum...sla-your-phone

rarsen, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    01-18-16 07:02 PM

I like the "Death by Drone" idea.
    Corbu and 3MIKE like this.
    01-18-16 07:02 PM
    QNX's version of Tesla's Summon feature...
    https://www.teslamotors.com/blog/sum...sla-your-phone

There goes my patent dreams, back to the drawing board. Lol

I have to get may hands on one. I would actually let people steal the car, just so I can see their face when it comes back home. Lol

I can imagine the look on the thief.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1359713_36501746-e1343229386173.jpg

Thanks Corbu!

Last edited by bbjdog; 01-18-16 at 07:39 PM.
    Corbu, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 5 others like this.
    01-18-16 07:19 PM
    I like the "Death by Drone" idea.
    Pleasure, pleasure, and more pleasure! Lol

Corbu, 3MIKE and bungaboy like this.
    01-18-16 07:20 PM
    There goes my patent dreams, back to the drawing board. Lol

I have to get may hands on one. I would actually let people steal the car, just so I can see their face when it comes back home. Lol

I can imagine the look on the thief.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1359713_36501746-e1343229386173.jpg 
Views:	931 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	388198

Thanks Corbu!

I noticed an evolution... no more monkeys?
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-18-16 08:12 PM
113,250 ... 38023803380438053806 ...