View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Fear and greed are two mistakes that don't have a place in the marketplace. Throughout my years of learning I have done both and lost all of my hair, that's why I don't look like a monkey anymore. Lol

As many great contributors on this thread have echoed, don't fear and take the time to make wise decisions. I would like to thank everyone for their contributions and wisdom and helping me learn a little more each time. This is the only thread I am involved in, because the information I obtain is priceless (sounds like a commercial). The year has just started, with oil at a level I haven't seen since 1990's and 2000, I truly don't see it getting any cheaper. As I look outside the world is still turning and nothing has changed. I would like to thank everyone and good luck to all.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-13-16 07:02 PM
    This does not look like a bear market, the bank stocks are getting killed but everything else that sold off last week, well, they are higher than those lows, today. AAPL is higher, CELC is higher, just about everything in those sectors are higher, even BBRY failed to drop when the DOW gave up another 100 pts one hour ago. Its as if we need to fulfill the TA requirement of oil below $ 30.00 and the S&P down to 1868 before we can call this one dead. The volume for a sell-off isn't there either unless you are in bank stock. Let's see the S&P reclaim 1900 and go from there. Wait until China wakes up and finds out they had nothing to do with this mess. Oh boy.
    Good to see the familiar faces around still. Hope all is well m8.
    01-13-16 08:48 PM
    This sell-off is great news for BBRY. They have a cash heavy balance sheet, a management team looking for acquisitions, and all of their targeted deals just got significantly cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    I just peeked in to catch up and saw your mug here. Don't be a stranger. We need all the brotherly support we can get.
    Superfly_FR and StormieTwo like this.
    01-13-16 09:05 PM
    Oi!

We thought you joined the Shriners!
    01-13-16 09:07 PM
    This (old) story seems to be getting a bit of media attention of late:

Dutch police claim they can crack PGP-encrypted BlackBerrys

However what most are not saying is:

Dutch police claim they can crack PGP-encrypted BlackBerrys | ExtremeTech
    Ok, just for sake, I'll decode:

If you want to invest lots of money, and time, and don't mind the risk of getting caught, and thrown into the booty'cell with Bubba, then you can essentially steal your grandma's frisky Marlon Brando in his prime pics from her BlackBerry.

If, however, you want access to anyone with truly sensitive info, that pays to keep it that way, then... you are screwed.

PGP encryption is not owned by BlackBerry.
    A Shmoke and a Pancake for the Dutchie police.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-13-16 09:27 PM
    Oi!

We thought you joined the Shriners!
    My application wasn't qualified. a bit distracted now invested in a company specialized in a thermal conductive coating product, a new venture.
    01-14-16 02:40 AM
    Fear and greed are two mistakes that don't have a place in the marketplace. Throughout my years of learning I have done both and lost all of my hair, that's why I don't look like a monkey anymore. Lol

As many great contributors on this thread have echoed, don't fear and take the time to make wise decisions. I would like to thank everyone for their contributions and wisdom and helping me learn a little more each time. This is the only thread I am involved in, because the information I obtain is priceless (sounds like a commercial). The year has just started, with oil at a level I haven't seen since 1990's and 2000, I truly don't see it getting any cheaper. As I look outside the world is still turning and nothing has changed. I would like to thank everyone and good luck to all.

I see oil falling to at least the mid-twenties before we see any type of stability.
    3MIKE likes this.
    01-14-16 03:39 AM
    Have a great day gang,
    As our mentors explained above, let's just stay calm and remember ... I've never seen the stock market going so low it never bounced back to similar (or better) levels. That's why diversifying your investments is a neat approach and staying away from day trading - while nonsensical for informed investors - can be your safe harbor.

I for one got lucky since I sold my HALO and some other "pocket money" stocks just before the dive with a real benefit, but that's just it: luck. In my misfortune (I needed cash urgently) I met the good timing. STILL, that was enough to pin that I was probably too much engaged regarding my cash on hands ... time to trim my portfolio a bit (of course, after the storm).

So, I'd guess it's time again, as mentioned in OP ...

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

If you're not used to deal with stocks, the following should be your starting point.

1. This is real money. Your money. There's no tryouts nor refunds.
    2. You must establish what is your capacity before entering the game. Set it and keep it as an absolute limit (you can add later, depending on your revenues profile). Generally, something like 15% of your currently available and free cash is a reasonable amount. Do not speculate with money you don't own in full (credit). If you lose, don't rely on things like "averaging down" or "buy on dips" unless you have additional cash that fits with this rule.
    3. Stay calm. Looking at the stock on a day basis is hard for your nerves. Either good or bad, fluctuations can happen very fast.
    4. We are a drop in the bucket, even those of us with 100s K $ in the game are nothing if we compare to the global cap (count in $K Billions)
    5. Those playing "against" you have more power, more money and know how the market can react. You don't. Do not use "everyday" logic here. This "game" has its own rules and it takes a while to understand/accept them.
    6. One possible approach is to play "long" (counting in years), this particular approach is the one I suggested when starting this thread back in Nov. 2011. I personally stick to this approach, as it appears to be somehow the most adapted for rookies like us, engaging tiny amounts and with very limited skills. Be careful about fees/taxes you may have to pay for each transaction: they can ruin your gains easily.
    7. Please be aware that if you consider investing in stocks, mixing different companies and types of investments (ex : safe, aggressive, short term, long term) is highly recommended.
    8. Last but not least : stay humble and prudent.

Disclaimer : By no mean I intend to forecast a raise of the shares or any kind of advantage. You have to perform your own research. Positions, experiences, questions and suggestions made in this thread are personal views and NOT authorized investment instructions. Be aware that You can lose everything and neither I nor any contributor in this thread will be responsible for this in any circumstance.

Good luck ![/QUOTE]

(that's OT, just a fun tag for me, in the future !)
    01-14-16 03:39 AM
    In this wrecking ball market...you better have balls of steel ;-) Thanks for putting that sign up again SF.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 03:59 AM
    If there's a reincarnation I would probably book a seat; same goes for Bbry.
    01-14-16 05:09 AM
    Wow, long time no see! How you been?

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, La Emperor, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    01-14-16 05:42 AM
    Long time no hear from you! Hope you are doing well? Your response was a bit cryptic, did you start a new business or is it an investment? If its an investment you aren't allowed to withhold that information from this group sir! LOL

I'm doing better than one year ago, that's for sure, one more surgery, don't know when but that should clear me to get back my life.

Don't be a stranger, we need all the support we can get with this trade. Ha!

Take care.
    rarsen, 3MIKE, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    01-14-16 07:32 AM
    Here is a chart of the S&P 500 going back to mid 2014.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-s-p-500-jan-14-2016.png

During this time, we have been moving sideways for the most part and aren't unfamiliar with this low today. The TA guys are looking at yesterdays low and telling us we need to breakdown to 1868 or the hort. line before we have completed the sell-off. If the Index drops below 1868, the next stop is 1820 and then 1600 so it needs to hold in here. We have oil in our favour as it is making the energy experts look dumb by closing above $ 30.00/bbl every day now.

The world is suppose to be coming to an end but someone forgot to tell the US who created another massive pile of jobs this week! So let's see if we can finish off this sell-off and go for a run higher here. The upward sloping green line is a 15 month upward trending support line and would be a great place to end the sell-off ..... causing the TA guys to look overly dramatic once again. I have to admit, I haven't heard so many experts so bearish in a very long time meaning they aren't ready for a change in direction.

As for BBRY, we have hit the bottom of our support and should be able to march higher for the first time this year, but we need the market to want to go higher too, we can't do it all alone. Finally, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything of how the Priv is doing out in the wild. GL
    rarsen, 3MIKE, W Hoa and 8 others like this.
    01-14-16 07:55 AM
    FWIW

PM Trudeau will spend several hours in Waterloo Region on Thursday morning.
    His first stop will be at 8:30 a.m. at the University of Waterloo, where he will make an announcement at Needles Hall.
    From there, he will head to the BlackBerry headquarters for a private tour, then attend the unveiling of the new Google office on Breithaupt Street in Kitchener.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to visit Waterloo Region on Thursday | CTV Kitchener News
    01-14-16 08:07 AM
    01-14-16 08:15 AM
    Wells Fargo analyst Maynard Um reports on BlackBerry

Exit hardware and reduce debt is his preferred scenario:

Wells Fargo Sees Two Accretive Moves for Blackberry (BBRY) But Only One is Likely
    01-14-16 08:56 AM
    BBRY fallen below $7.

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    01-14-16 08:58 AM
    Not that it's BBRY. The market is turning into a bear den.

01-14-16 09:04 AM
    https://www.fool.ca/2016/01/14/its-t...-here-to-stay/

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    01-14-16 09:06 AM
    Support at $7. Finally a support barrier that hasn't been broken.
    [EDIT] Very good support too.

01-14-16 09:17 AM
    The FANG stocks are looking to go under the 30rsi line for the first time this year. Maybe we will see a turn when they finally join the oversold party.

Posted via CB10
    It's post 95000!

01-14-16 09:18 AM
    I like what I see; and with a good volume
    01-14-16 09:25 AM
    Can we get an update on Bbry price?

01-14-16 09:25 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160114_102820_edit.png
    Wouldn't it be trade down to an iPhone?

bspence87 and Mr.Conviviality like this.
    01-14-16 09:29 AM
    Can we get an update on Bbry price?

About $7.30 and rising.

Bacon Munchers likes this.
    01-14-16 09:30 AM
113,256 ... 37963797379837993800 ...