View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT: what's up with HALO today? Down 8% currently...

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 09:35 AM
    OT: what's up with HALO today? Down 8% currently...

Posted via CB10
    Seems like it's still trying to find a bottom with the market overreacting to the recent guidance release. I'm not sure how the press keeps saying that their forecast is "well below" estimates when in reality it's about 3 - 10% off without taking into account any potential new deals that could be in the works (Morgan may correct me if I'm off here). The fact that they feel confident enough to aggressively spend to get things fast tracked as much as possible can't be a bad thing can it?

...I should also add that even being 9% off this morning, the volume is barely over 500K so there doesn't seem to be any mass exodus panicking going on (leads me to believe there's still smart money in this play)
    01-13-16 09:54 AM
    http://finance.yahoo.com/tumblr/blog...154047198.html

I smell extreme bias.

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    01-13-16 09:59 AM
    Seems like it's still trying to find a bottom with the market overreacting to the recent guidance release. I'm not sure how the press keeps saying that their forecast is "well below" estimates when in reality it's about 3 - 10% off without taking into account any potential new deals that could be in the works (Morgan may correct me if I'm off here). The fact that they feel confident enough to aggressively spend to get things fast tracked as much as possible can't be a bad thing can it?
    You have it, they raised debt, $ 150 MM of it, and they are spending it all and more this year and some Funds can't take that kind of risk. It is rare indeed to see a company do this, most investments that I consider, sell enough equity to forecast at least two years out, to include several potential drugs in the pipeline and to have enough debt free cash available to see their development through. Not HALO, they are looking to hit it out of the park this year and they are doing this without assuring investors that the data is there to merit such an aggressive move. I will admit, it makes me nervous as my investment model doesn't include an "all in" approach to pipeline development. So now you have a biotech sector currently in a bear market, an IBB Index correcting today, trying to test its lower end of a pennant formation and many biotech stocks retreating from a recent pop. Until the IBB Index gives that all clear, you will see some Funds move out of the sector.

Look at some of our plays, PSDV is so cheap you would think they haven't had any success in the past 6 months. Then there is SPHS, it is on a quiet tear today, has anybody noticed? They could finish the day much higher from here as someone is loading up. I like HALO here, I recently bought some just below $ 12.00/shr but it is difficult to call the bottom with this kind of news so I'll work my way into a full position. When the IBB Index signals a bottom, I'll purchase more HALO. HALO just needs to hold a conference and lay out the details of their rapid drug acceleration program so that Funds can feel assured that they haven't lost their minds over their data.
    01-13-16 10:09 AM
    http://finance.yahoo.com/tumblr/blog...154047198.html

I smell extreme bias.

Really? People are actually now turning to Tumblr for investment news? Good grief!

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 6 others like this.
    01-13-16 10:47 AM
    Hillary reminds me of Helen of Troy. Helen of Troy had the face that launched a thousand ships. Hillary had the mouth that sinks a thousand biotech companies. I hope Hillary's fate would also be that of Helen.
    Mr BBRY and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-13-16 11:13 AM
    OT - KBIO is trading again under KBIOQ. Low volume so far as it seems most don't know it's trading again. Low of $1.02 and currently at $3.99.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 11:50 AM
    01-13-16 12:16 PM
    Bull turned bear again.

01-13-16 12:32 PM
    OT - KBIO is trading again under KBIOQ. Low volume so far as it seems most don't know it's trading again. Low of $1.02 and currently at $3.99.

Posted via CB10
    I forgot about that one. They have $ 2.00/shr in cash and a tiny pipeline but the cash is at risk as I would imagine those that provided the financing would like their money back. After everyone finishes suing this company there shouldn't be anything left. Aside from short covering, it would be nice to talk to the individuals that think they should be buying this stock! Its been a wild ride for sure, thanks.
    01-13-16 12:32 PM
    So now you have a biotech sector currently in a bear market, an IBB Index correcting today, trying to test its lower end of a pennant formation and many biotech stocks retreating from a recent pop. Until the IBB Index gives that all clear, you will see some Funds move out of the sector.

When the IBB Index signals a bottom...
    That's just it. We need a bottom. Everyone is looking for a handle on the IBB Index, BBRY, Oil, China, Dow, FANG... you name it. That's the name of the game right now. We are seeing a mass exodus in just about all stocks and everyone wants to know when the bear market will end, especially me.

I personally have been caught being overexposed in addition to making several bad bets since the start of the New Year. It's been a series of painful lessons for me to learn. Every day that I watch my portfolio tank, I see further opportunity to average down, but I quickly learned trying to call the bottom is risky and expensive. I ended 2015 in excellent shape and expected that trend to continue into 2016, but watched all of my recent gains washed away. I just want to remind everyone here of SuperFly's disclaimer to be careful with real money and to carefully assess their risk tolerance. I've decided to ride out the storm and not sell anything because I think my investments (including BBRY) are severely undervalued right now. Times are very difficult, that's for sure. Let's hope for the world markets to get their act together soon. Cheer and GL, gang!
    01-13-16 12:48 PM
    That's just it. We need a bottom. Everyone is looking for a handle on the IBB Index, BBRY, Oil, China, Dow, FANG... you name it. That's the name of the game right now. We are seeing a mass exodus in just about all stocks and everyone wants to know when the bear market will end, especially me.

I personally have been caught being overexposed in addition to making several bad bets since the start of the New Year. It's been a series of painful lessons for me to learn. Every day that I watch my portfolio tank, I see further opportunity to average down, but I quickly learned trying to call the bottom is risky and expensive. I ended 2015 in excellent shape and expected that trend to continue into 2016, but watched all of my recent gains washed away. I just want to remind everyone here of SuperFly's disclaimer to be careful with real money and to carefully assess their risk tolerance. I've decided to ride out the storm and not sell anything because I think my investments (including BBRY) are severely undervalued right now. Times are very difficult, that's for sure. Let's hope for the world markets to get their act together soon. Cheer and GL, gang!
    This message needs to be a sticky on this thread! You are so right and in the same predicament as so many others here. We heard that China was killing our market, then China said "no" it wasn't us and then it was oil, but, oil was up all day today so it can't be oil either. Now, its the economic world coming to an end, everyone wants to go to the media and talk down the market. So what do you do? We have RSI oversold readings in so many stocks its crazy! I'm buying more HALO because it is so over sold and the IBB Index is testing its lows and oil is holding and everyone is bearish and that can't last. I'll probably be out some money on paper after I do this but ...............

This is one tough market and no one saw it coming at the close of 2015. Thanks for a great message on your part and good luck, we are due for a panic reversal soon!
    01-13-16 12:57 PM

I'm in the same boat as you are and understand, I'm riding this out also. It's hard because you can't do anything except watch!
    01-13-16 01:29 PM
    Someone should put up a sign that says "Please do not leave food in the stock market, you may attract bears."

kellyweng88 and bapebape like this.
    01-13-16 01:49 PM
    Worst. New Year. Ever. (for stocks). I seriously can't believe that we haven't seen a bounce yet. Charts everywhere I look make we want to just pack it in and go skiing (mmm...double black diamonds all over the place). Stay solvent. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 02:09 PM
    This does not look like a bear market, the bank stocks are getting killed but everything else that sold off last week, well, they are higher than those lows, today. AAPL is higher, CELC is higher, just about everything in those sectors are higher, even BBRY failed to drop when the DOW gave up another 100 pts one hour ago. Its as if we need to fulfill the TA requirement of oil below $ 30.00 and the S&P down to 1868 before we can call this one dead. The volume for a sell-off isn't there either unless you are in bank stock. Let's see the S&P reclaim 1900 and go from there. Wait until China wakes up and finds out they had nothing to do with this mess. Oh boy.
    01-13-16 02:12 PM
    This does not look like a bear market, the bank stocks are getting killed but everything else that sold off last week, well, they are higher than those lows, today. AAPL is higher, CELC is higher, just about everything in those sectors are higher, even BBRY failed to drop when the DOW gave up another 100 pts one hour ago. Its as if we need to fulfill the TA requirement of oil below $ 30.00 and the S&P down to 1868 before we can call this one dead. The volume for a sell-off isn't there either unless you are in bank stock. Let's see the S&P reclaim 1900 and go from there. Wait until China wakes up and finds out they had nothing to do with this mess. Oh boy.
    Chinese new year is around the corner , thats when 1.357 billion chinese starts spending. I hope miracle happens then =)
    01-13-16 02:31 PM
    But all the biotech are down big time. Even those specifically linked to cancer moonshot 2020 mentioned last night in State of The Union like NantKwest are down huge as well. This does not make any sense. What can be the cause of this besides the tweet from Hillary? Will biotech ever recover from this blood bath? I have doubt. This is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. People are so afraid that every time a stock go up a bit, they sell thinking it will go back down. A vicious cycle.
    01-13-16 03:04 PM
    Chinese new year is around the corner , thats when 1.357 billion chinese starts spending. I hope miracle happens then =)
    Seasonality won't solve a housing bubble, a stock market bubble and a debt problem.
    01-13-16 03:11 PM

Thanks Morgan for all these inputs you share with us. It's really appreciated. Your comments always help me keep things in perspective. Every time I have a question, you post an anser before I have time to post it. It's like you're reading my mind or something. Lol.
    01-13-16 03:31 PM
    But all the biotech are down big time. Even those specifically linked to cancer moonshot 2020 mentioned last night in State of The Union like NantKwest are down huge as well. This does not make any sense. What can be the cause of this besides the tweet from Hillary? Will biotech ever recover from this blood bath? I have doubt. This is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. People are so afraid that every time a stock go up a bit, they sell thinking it will go back down. A vicious cycle.
    Hilary gave it her best shot months ago, she is old news now. No one really thinks that when she gets into power, they will hurt mainstream pharma in any way. She has placed a lid on high flying rallies but she hasn't taken the bull out of this sector.

What we have today is the attempt to complete the TA on the broader markets.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-s-p-500-jan-13-2016.png

Here is the S&P 500 and as you can see, we had to fight hard to get it down to the blue support line which we touched today. Many think that's not enough, we need to get down to the green hort. line at 1868 before we can declare this finished. We are oversold on the S&P, on most stocks and all excuses for this sell-off don't apply making you think this is the kind of TA momentum that big money relies on to move the market. The funny thing today was energy, it was firm all day, oil started to inch up as we sold off, and right after the market closed, it shot up! That's not the sign of pending doom, its the sign of a market that is being pushed hard to make its numbers. Tomorrow will be really interesting as we can bounce from a short-term 200 pt drop and complete a key reversal pattern and end the sell-off. Do we really need it? I would say no but the TA guys love it when we create panic and reverse so sit tight and have some smelling salts really.

Biotech is the biggest gainer of the past five years and it is now the sector to be sold to pay for other mistakes. It will roar back soon enough but Funds hold large profits in these stocks. The fact that AAPL, CELG and others failed to make their recent lows again, when the market went much lower, tells you we are fighting to get down to the TA turn-around levels. You won't know it is happening and completed until it is over.

If you want to see scary, look at where BBRY was when the market died like this in August. BBRY is holding up well but it has to follow things down until we see a bottom in the general market. At this point, you ignore individual stocks and look at the Indexes for guidance.
    01-13-16 03:32 PM
    Thanks Morgan for all these inputs you share with us. It's really appreciated. Your comments always help me keep things in perspective. Every time I have a question, you post an answer before I have time to post it. It's like you're reading my mind or something. Lol.
    Ha! I'm as curious as anyone else here. I didn't think it was necessary to take the market down to 1868 but it has to be done according to those with far more money then me! Fine, let's get it over with, I'm glad they had to rotate into banks to find the weakness today. Funny how the media help out by talking doom and gloom all day. I wonder if they listen to what they say? Well let's see what tomorrow brings. Thanks and good luck!
    01-13-16 03:37 PM
    Hilary gave it her best shot months ago, she is old news now. No one really thinks that when she gets into power, they will hurt mainstream pharma in any way. She has placed a lid on high flying rallies but she hasn't taken the bull out of this sector.

What we have today is the attempt to complete the TA on the broader markets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S&P 500 Jan 13 2016.png 
Views:	764 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	387671

Here is the S&P 500 and as you can see, we had to fight hard to get it down to the blue support line which we touched today. Many think that's not enough, we need to get down to the green hort. line at 1868 before we can declare this finished. We are oversold on the S&P, on most stocks and all excuses for this sell-off don't apply making you think this is the kind of TA momentum that big money relies on to move the market. The funny thing today was energy, it was firm all day, oil started to inch up as we sold off, and right after the market closed, it shot up! That's not the sign of pending doom, its the sign of a market that is being pushed hard to make its numbers. Tomorrow will be really interesting as we can bounce from a short-term 200 pt drop and complete a key reversal pattern and end the sell-off. Do we really need it? I would say no but the TA guys love it when we create panic and reverse so sit tight and have some smelling salts really.

Biotech is the biggest gainer of the past five years and it is now the sector to be sold to pay for other mistakes. It will roar back soon enough but Funds hold large profits in these stocks. The fact that AAPL, CELG and others failed to make their recent lows again, when the market went much lower, tells you we are fighting to get down to the TA turn-around levels. You won't know it is happening and completed until it is over.

If you want to see scary, look at where BBRY was when the market died like this in August. BBRY is holding up well but it has to follow things down until we see a bottom in the general market. At this point, you ignore individual stocks and look at the Indexes for guidance.
    Thank you Morgan for being so generous with your time! I got caught with my pants down. The only good thing is that I am not using any margin and have no need for cash so I can and will ride this out. I have a margin account but I never used it and have no intention of using it at all.
    01-13-16 03:39 PM
    The FANG stocks are looking to go under the 30rsi line for the first time this year. Maybe we will see a turn when they finally join the oversold party.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 03:53 PM
    This sell-off is great news for BBRY. They have a cash heavy balance sheet, a management team looking for acquisitions, and all of their targeted deals just got significantly cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 05:43 PM
113,256 ... 37953796379737983799 ...