View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files, people be careful out there:

?Banking Trojans are growing smarter. But will banks keep up? | ZDNet
    01-07-16 09:36 AM
    BlackBerry CEO: 'I think we're close' to making money on phones

I appreciate that Mr. Chen avoids beating the drum too aggressively.

"There�s a reasonable shot of getting to 5 million units,� Chen says.

Instead Mr. Chen confidently tap, tap, taps on the cow bell.

�Things are starting to work," Chen says. �We are generating cash."

Mr. Chen is not too arrogant to publicly admit there is ample room for improvement.

"We wish we could do it faster, obviously. I wish we could do it faster," Chen says.

Lol, we all wish they could do it faster.

For me, Mr. Chen provides a feeling of optimism which will turn to enthusiasm provided measured success (Q over Q then Y over Y growth) is realized. Personally, I think Mr. Chen is a stickler with respect to corporate governance. Therefore he holds his team and himself to a high level thus tempering public statements appropriately.

I'm optimistic that the future will provide opportunities for a Chen peacock strut.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...194654955.html
    01-07-16 09:38 AM
    Bit of derp derp there. That has been obvious for well, about a year now. As soon as thye said no more API updates.
    Even my self-persuasion can barely resist ... and I've been one of the many who stated the opposite say, six months ago. I hate you're so probably right.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-11960017_1245938902117574_3153779663663204610_n.jpg
    01-07-16 10:21 AM
    I'm hearing this could be lights out for China
    O.T but, I believe this is occidental thinking. Chinese see how they'll be stronger for export ("you give me taxes ? right, let me please introduce ..."). They do nothing really different than when America was printing Benjamin Franklin night and day ... Tricky/Risky game, but nobody wants them out of the game. Won't happen.

Edit : remember : China's internal rules are not driven by "the people" and sanctioned by elections. They can make them suffer, you'll barely ear a whisper.

Edit : there are many tenants, this above was a bit ... ahum ... "light". So, so more experienced analysis right there (translated, hope it will not be too ugly) : https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-07-16 at 11:03 AM.
    01-07-16 10:26 AM
    Not working SF

#BBFactCheck
    01-07-16 11:22 AM
    It's a bit long to load ... but here it is, sorry for the long text, CB10 users
    For the second time this week, circuit breakers were activated in China to try to calm the spirits while the Shanghai Stock Exchange lost 7%. The markets are worried about new risks of sharp slowdown in China. Eric Chaney, chief economist and director of research at AXA IM, returns to this complicated situation for the markets.

Eric Chaney (Chief Economist and Director of Research at Axa IM)

China's stock market plunges, oil also ... the yuan fall. This recalls the situation last summer. This replica was it predictable?

More or less, even if one does not expect a decline of this magnitude in the Chinese markets. For paradoxically, China fund data are not bad. The growth is quite stable and no statistics really show signs of slowing. Can we really believe the PMI indices, which show a contraction of the industry when we see that industrial production rose by 6.2%?

Next, there are two important points. First, China changed its exchange rate regime in August 2015 in no longer based only on the dollar but to a basket of currencies and the market has a little trouble adjusting. When the dollar rises, the yuan seems to depreciate, while this is not necessarily the case against other currencies. You can not see it as a destabilization of the yuan. The dollar should also continue to rise in the coming months, as it is related to the monetary policy of the Fed that interest rates will rise. Some investors have understood very well and play the decline of the yuan, resulting in capital outflows and forced the Chinese central bank, the PBoC to intervene.

Then there is the problem of political market authorities and the introduction of circuit breakers (which have been deleted, Ed) or sales bans for large investors. If you tell people they can not sell their shares at any time in case of fall, they end up saying that it is better exit. This is a lesson to that authority. When we want to put obstacles to the market decline, it often causes the decline of the market ...

Finally with regard to the fall in oil prices, it is due to a large surplus production, which is not related to China, but the strategy of aggressive market share of Saudi Arabia. It would take a small improvement in demand, a cold snap in the US for example, to stop this fall. But ultimately, because of the policy of Saudi Arabia, the oil price will remain low.

Can we speak of a financial crisis in the 2008 image?

I do not think the situation is similar. The argument is certain to say that there has been a sharp increase in debt in emerging markets, linked to ultra-accommodative central bank policies. But if you look at the figures from the BIS (Bank for International Settlements), rising corporate debt in emerging, excluding China, between 2007 and 2015 is less than 10 percentage points of GDP and 14 points if one adds banks loans. We can not talk about debt explosion.

However, there has been a sharp increase in debt in China. Is there a risk of collapse? Much of this debt is concentrated in state companies, some of which operate in sectors in difficulty, but I think the PBoC has a stranglehold on the risk of chain reaction of Chinese debt. Certainly, we expect that there are defects in China credit with investors who lose money, which is rare in China, but not in the rest of the world, to leave because the authorities in some event, but should be limited contagion. China has embarked on a process of debt reduction will take years, but I do not see it fall apart like a house of cards.

Is the contagion to other emerging inevitable?

There are two transmission channels. The first through the raw materials. China slows down as an economy matures, structurally, because the development of such services is not a consumer of raw materials. This affects the producing countries, mostly in emerging. There is less growth or even recession that cause impairment and foreign exchange outflows. It is emerging to adapt.

The second channel is one of the financial transmission. If the financial markets were strongly shaken, emerging would be even more affected. If this transmission is hard to predict, it could be very important as capital outflows rise to political difficulties. A sharp devaluation pushed up food prices. The risk becomes policy, we remember that this is how the Arab Spring began. Hence a dilemma for central banks of his country is strongly raise interest rates to avoid impoverishment and social unrest, but it can significantly reduce domestic demand and growth and scare off investors. Or do nothing, resulting in a drop in the currency, political risks and can also scare investors.

She can central banks bring calm?

The PBoC is first in line, but there are also Chinese market authorities, which were not very convincing with their new trading rules. But the PBoC margin. This is one of the few major central banks in the world to still be able to cut interest rates. And for me, it will do it again.

For other central banks, the stock market decline is not their problem, except to consider as a very significant drop in 1987. They will not react to a drop of 5 to 10%, which corresponds to volatility market. They can always make more asset purchases, but that would be a last resort. For the Fed, the problem is somewhat different. What happens in China can he change the future monetary policy? Between relapse oil and declining stock exchanges, a further rise in interest rates in March is highly unlikely. This could also help to restore calm, as this would limit the rise in the dollar and could arrange the affairs of the PBoC.

Between falling oil and the decline of the yuan, there is a risk now back the deflationary ogre?

I do not know if it's an ogre, but one thing is for sure, we are already in a near deflationary situation, so that 75% of developed countries have less than 1% inflation. Is this likely to intensify? It is a risk we can not rule. For deflation request from a deficit of goods and services worldwide, compared to the offer. Any further slowdown in global growth could be translated into new deflationary pressures. Central banks can not ignore.
    pierrickfay Follow

En savoir plus sur https://translate.googleusercontent....9lYzIF0A98F.99
    01-07-16 11:33 AM
    Well we may not be as bullish as we had anticipated... I'm seeing closer to $8.00 as being our next support level...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry.png
    01-07-16 11:35 AM
    This is tough to watch!
    01-07-16 11:42 AM
    Somehow, I am not worried, just laughing at the market.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-07-16 11:46 AM
    Have to chime in today folks... Markets have been crazy bearish but amidst the carnage, we have some screaming good entry points...

BBRY is looking like a bargain right now in the low $8's

OT:

I'm going to get back into TGTX phase 3 drug and under $10 at $9.80!?!?! Dirt cheap

ECA down today despite Nat Gas up so I think this will sling shot back up pretty quick

and... my fav HALO touching $15...wow...if anyone has spare cash, I think it's easy money here.
    01-07-16 11:51 AM
    I thought they would be introducing their tracking box?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 11:58 AM
    They talked about the tracking box briefly, but it seems to be still in testing since it only started being tested last month

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    01-07-16 12:28 PM
    They talked about the tracking box briefly, but it seems to be still in testing since it only started being tested last month

Posted via CB10
    I thought I read that they were testing in November? But, what's a month among friends? LoL
    La Emperor, sidhuk, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    01-07-16 12:30 PM
    I thought I read that they were testing in November? But, what's a month among friends? LoL
    Nice avatar, but what happened to your beard? LOL
    01-07-16 12:32 PM
    Nice avatar, but what happened to your beard? LOL
    I had to put it on top of my head! LoL
    La Emperor, Corbu, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    01-07-16 12:35 PM
    awww ... seems the market's following the Soros line ...

George Soros (Investor & Economic legendary oracle) warned today that we met all the signs of a new financial crisis (as in 2008).
    Guilty party ? China, which "transfers its problems to the world by devaluing its currency" which further accentuates "deflationary pressures." He concludes: "This amounts to a crisis and we are at the beginning."
    (translated, but you'll get the point)

Yet wondering why BBRY takes such slap if we compare to the big two. Sure, those are better fitted to sustain growth in a bad sea but given the latest CES news ... oh they probably don't matter for HFT machines ?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Edit: I mean : why today ? As we can see, the real breakdown started today ...
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-07-16 12:39 PM
    Gambling some calls here, not much but could be an interesting ride back up.
    01-07-16 12:40 PM
    I want to buy more everything today...well, more PSDV yesterday . I like call options on BBRY too...so tempting!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-07-16 12:55 PM
    awww ... seems the market's following the Soros line ...

(translated, but you'll get the point)

Yet wondering why BBRY takes such slap if we compare to the big two. Sure, those are better fitted to sustain growth in a bad sea but given the latest CES news ... oh they probably don't matter for HFT machines ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	843 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	386893

Edit: I mean : why today ? As we can see, the real breakdown started today ...
    Soros is a bit of a nut who funds/runs hedge funds that short markets ............... a bit of a conflict there maybe? Not sure how a small market like China (BIDU and Alibaba, that's about it for the rest of the world to care) make up anything that matters. The only thing China has going for them is that they carry a ton of USA debt on the books. This sell-off looks like it is more to do with being taken down by big money more than anything else.

We hear that the market is down because of "weak oil", really? So far, both opened weak, the DOW rallied, oil went up, the DOW sold off, then oil went down. To me, it looks like energy is following the market. Don't look too closely or you might smell something illegal going on here.

Unfortunately, there are many who hold profits in BBRY and it is one of the few stocks on the planet that was above all of its indexes until just now. Those that have gains tend to be the ones that are sold to cover stocks that are held at a loss. BBRY has dropped through everything, its 20-dma, its 200-dma and now it is on its 50-dma which is more than you can say for just about every other stock today, they started to fail a couple of weeks ago, i.e. AAPL. I think you touched on it, CES 2016 was a great long term event for BBRY, but today, many investors are under water in other investments, so we are catching up to the weak trades today.

For me, it is a great buying opportunity and who would have thought that I could get all of my BBRY back at $ 8.00? But, but, but ..... someone forgot to tell PSDV that the world is coming to an end this afternoon! The same goes for SPHS as just about all of its volume occurred while the stock was positive today.

Think about all of this as something to do with big money manipulating the market while they can. I don't think it will last but you never know as I'm sure there will be margin calls soon.
    01-07-16 01:14 PM
    Hope everyone likes my new display picture / avatar.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chrysphone.jpg
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 01-07-16 at 01:35 PM.
    01-07-16 01:25 PM
    Did we just drop back to the bottom of the channel today?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-january-7-2016.png

The 50-dma is the one to hold and that means a close above $ 7.99/shr. Now is a good time to gamble if you are so inclined to do that stuff.
    01-07-16 01:56 PM
    Crazy day

I've add some shares at 7.96. Tomorrow will be a much better day
    3MIKE, bungaboy and gedob like this.
    01-07-16 02:07 PM
    Looks like BBRY is finally finding support at $7.95. Feels a bit late though...

 Priv... cue the comeback! 
    01-07-16 02:08 PM
    I'm waiting till tomorrow to buy anything beyond a quick trade. With the circuit breaker disabled on the Chinese markets, and being a Friday, things could get more interesting. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 02:09 PM
    I'm waiting till tomorrow to buy anything beyond a quick trade. With the circuit breaker disabled on the Chinese markets, and being a Friday, things could get more interesting. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    I think the circuit breaker did more harm than good. People were afraid that they couldn't sell so they tried to out sale others. Now, they have more time to think before placing orders.

man, it's blood on the street.
    01-07-16 02:49 PM
113,256 ... 37833784378537863787 ...