View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Bit of derp derp there. That has been obvious for well, about a year now. As soon as thye said no more API updates.
    01-06-16 06:17 PM
    Attachment 386803

Gotta love caching.
    And we be Ca Ching Ca Ching soon too!

Corbu, La Emperor, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    01-06-16 06:29 PM
    It is gone.

Attachment 386801

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    It's still there.
    Corbu, La Emperor and sidhuk like this.
    01-06-16 06:31 PM
    It's still there.
    Haha!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-06-16 06:40 PM
    JC with Emily Chang (Bloomberg):
    BlackBerry's Self-Driving Car Plans - Bloomberg Business

John Chen, BlackBerry's chief executive officer, discusses the company's self-driving car plans and turnaround strategy with Bloomberg's Emily Chang from CES 2016. (Source: Bloomberg)
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    01-06-16 06:55 PM
    Brian M. Westbrook ‏@BrianWestbrook 3 hours ago Winchester, NV
    #ProTip: How to spot a @USAgov employee at a @CES session: Find the @BlackBerry.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cyede45uaaaemvc.jpg
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    01-06-16 06:58 PM
    Jeffrey Nelson ‏@JNels 3 hours ago New York, NY
    We expect to have the @BlackBerry #PRIV on the nation's most reliable network by the end of March (if not sooner).

Jeffrey Nelson: VP, Comms for Verizon's Consumer and Enterprise businesses.
    rarsen, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    01-06-16 07:00 PM
    OT:MOBL
    A word from our friend...

Morgan Stanley

James E. Faucette

MobileIron

January 6, 2016

MobileIron Secures a New CEO

MOBL announced Wed that Barry Mainz would become CEO, succeeding founding CEO Bob Tinker. Along with the CEO change, which will include the departure of their newly hired SVP of Sales, MOBL announced they expect Q4 results to come in at the top end of and above previous billing and rev ranges.

CEO transition continues the management overhaul; departure of new head of sales not expected. MobileIron announced Wednesday that Barry Mainz, previously the President of Wind River (a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel), would be joining MobileIron as CEO. Founding CEO Bob Tinker will remain on the Board and was a part of the CEO selection committee. As one of Mr. Mainz's first moves, he chose to part with MobileIron's brand new SVP of Worldwide Sales, Damian Artt, who had worked with Mr. Mainz previously as the SVP of Worldwide Sales and Services at Wind River (Mr. Artt went to Polycom between Wind River and MobileIron). Mr. Mainz will assume the sales leadership role until he finds a replacement. After a rough start to 2015 that saw significant deceleration in growth (resulting in the departure of the previous CFO and head of sales), these management moves are the latest changes towards achieving MOBL's goal of reaccelerating revenue growth and existing 2016 cash flow breakeven. Mr. Mainz's experience scaling a software company should be an asset to MobileIron, though we are a little concerned about the departure of Mr. Artt given he just started in late September and preliminary results for Q4 show improvement.

Company now expects to come in at high end of and in excess of guided billings / revenue ranges. MobileIron now expects Q4 gross billings to be in the range of $47.5mm - $49mm, at the high end of their previous guidance of $46mm - $49mm and our estimate of $47.3mm. They also expect non-GAAP revenue to be in the range of $42mm - $43mm, above previous guidance of $41mm - $42mm, and above our estimate of $40.6mm. The company gave no detail as to the drivers or delivery mix (perpetual / subscription) of these results. We have revised our Q4 / FY16 revenue and EPS estimates to account for the slightly better than expected performance and now expect $42.3mm / ($0.12) and $162.7mm / ($0.38) from $40.6mm / ($0.13) and $157.3mm / ($0.43), previously.

Remain EW with $7PT; however, increasingly we believe value will only be achieved with industry consolidation activity. While MobileIron remains a technology leader in our checks, we remain EW as the path forward becomes increasingly difficult given the concentrating competitive landscape. While the company mentioned on the CEO transition call that they increasingly see a concentrated landscape with VMware and Microsoft, we think these companies have significantly more scale that allows them to compete aggressively with MobileIron. We think valuation is limited to ~2.5x EV/16e rev for the foreseeable future given those concerns (which could likely be realized in a strategic scenario). Continued reacceleration in growth rates or getting closer to breakeven could make us more positive on the name.
    01-06-16 07:15 PM
    Nothing really new but, FTR:
    All that matters on the first day of CES 2016 - CNET

BlackBerry

BlackBerry 10 is dead, long live Android. Well, maybe that's a bit extreme, but CEO John Chen confirmed to CNET today that 2016 will be an all-Android year for the one, and possibly two, phones that the company plans to introduce. Chen also told us that the BlackBerry Privwill land on the US carriers Sprint, Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile this year.
    3MIKE, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    01-06-16 07:56 PM

I'm proud to say that I've found another article on Sharecare Don't worry, I'm not competing!! Lol

BlackBerry lands first software integration deal with Dr. Oz?s company | IT World Canada News
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    01-06-16 08:17 PM
    More positive reading material on BlackBerry

BBRY Stock: The Ridiculously Simple Reason to Be Bullish on BlackBerry
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, CDM76 and 6 others like this.
    01-06-16 08:54 PM
    OT: Chinese stocks halted again, might be another red day for the street tomorrow. Boxing day sales on stocks to continue.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    01-06-16 09:05 PM
    01-06-16 09:13 PM
    Just showed QNX on cbc

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 09:39 PM
    In case there is any doubt as to BBRY's mission:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cydxo8iwqaa4bqt.jpg
    01-06-16 09:51 PM
    Well, I wasn't far off... Just noticed this tweet by Marty Beard:

Marty Beard ‏@martyjbeard
    Quite simply, #BlackBerry wants to ...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cyey_-zuaaasrdu.jpg
    01-06-16 10:00 PM
    Just showed QNX on cbc

Posted via CB10
    here is the link, with an interview and showing QNX employees, nice!

Driverless cars get potential new testing ground in Stratford, Ont. - Business - CBC News
    01-07-16 12:12 AM
    OT: Chinese stocks halted again, might be another red day for the street tomorrow. Boxing day sales on stocks to continue.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah...this year's opening is shaping up to be on par with 2008 and 2001, which were both years when major bubbles were collapsing...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 01-08-16 at 12:45 AM.
    sidhuk and Heinz Katchup like this.
    01-07-16 04:52 AM
    OT:....

you've been made privy to my thoughts.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-30890.jpg  
    3MIKE, Mr BBRY, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    01-07-16 05:40 AM
    AAPL below $100.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160107_075011.png

 Priv... cue the comeback! 
    01-07-16 06:54 AM
    01-07-16 07:26 AM
    Why I Sold my Apple iPhone 5s for a Blackberry Classic

Why I Sold my Apple iPhone 5s For A Blackberry Classic

Here are the reasons that led me to leave the current top company in the world for the previously crowned best smartphone company in the world

Today, I parted ways with my Apple iPhone 5s for a Blackberry Classic. No, this is not a Blackberry endorsed post, it�s a matter of personal opinion. Apple shoved Blackberry aside when it released the iPhone, with an all-touch screen. Blackberry scoffed but soon realized that its ego had got the better of it and ultimately paid the price.

In any case, seeing the Blackberry Classic Q20 may seem like it�s a perfect paperweight, but I�m thoroughly surprised. Comparing the weight of the Classic and the iPhone 5s, a considerable difference can be felt. While the iPhone is much lighter, the Classic feels like a well-built phone. The touch-type screen, along with Blackberry�s iconic keyboard, gives the holder the feeling of being important. There�s a reason the phone served executive users well.

There are a few reasons why this change happened. Some of them revolved around the ecosystem, while hardware and other aspects also pushed the final decision. The iPhone 5s has been out since September 2013, so it's been two years since I�ve been using the phone and it was time for a change. By the way, larger form factor phones have never allured me; the words of late CEO Steve Jobs resonate with me as to how phones should fit in one hand.

However, I also partially disagree now with Job�s take on having a closed ecosystem, although I have used the Google Nexus 5 as well, and felt the OS gave too much freedom. So much so, there isn�t much to do after one point and changing either launchers or settings are always in the mind, which is why I didn�t go for the Priv.

Anyway, the iPhone 5s was finally caving under the pressure of being two years old. The phone was slow and the battery depleting faster than ever and finishing by lunch time. It got so bad that I had to charge the phone three times a day and a battery pack had to be carried around. Frustrations peaked when the lightning cable supplied with the phone frayed and surprised me with little electric shocks ever so often. I have replaced my lightning cable 5 times in these two years. While all these may be reasons attributed to my clumsiness, it was certainly annoying. Updating to iOS9 was another mistake that I made; apps like Whatsapp, Facebook and Snapchat took 5 seconds to open while the browser couldn�t handle anything after 5 tabs opened. Subsequently, the 6th tab bought the phone crashing down.

Sadly, the world has moved on to serve the needs of users with iPhones 6 and beyond, leaving poor old 5s in the dust. Even though recent rumors have pointed to the possibility of a new 4-inch variant coming out in March/April, I decided not to wait and jumped ship. There may be a possibility that I may buy it to feel relevant, but it most certainly won�t become my main phone.

Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) is in the process of just throwing bug-filled features to users and expects them to adopt it happily. As much as iOS is opening up the possibility of more and more Android features, it does not sit well with ecosystem that the company has promoted over the years. The Blackberry OS, on the other hand is a mix of both. It offers privacy with a closed ecosystem where users have the power to decide if they want a certain feature or not. The fact that the phone offers a microSD slot along with the freedom to optimize the OS as per your needs, is a deal-break for me. The Hub serves as an excellent addition in my life to manage things, where I can decide what notifications I want to see and how. The 2000�s optical trackpad also helps keep things fast with quick selection being a hassle-free experience.

It didn�t take me that long to get back into the feel of the ergonomic keyboard that I was so used to just a few years ago. On the other hand, I never had any exclusive iOS apps on my phone which I miss on the Blackberry. Social media outlets, with the exception of Snapchat, help keep up with things but also keep a lid on the information overload that we go through every day. The phone�s oh-so-old red and green indicator are a testament to what Blackberry (NASDAQ:BBRY) does best and helps me know what I�m expecting without even seeing the screen light up. In any case, the phone is also quite ahead when it comes to multitasking and starting applications. The 3.5� screen is a breeze to read articles on while the 2GB of RAM with a Snapdragon S4 Plus keeps things running. The 2515 mAh battery was a breeze today where I didn�t rush and trip on things to get to my charger, while the camera is decent to take quick pictures of memories that you want to cherish.

This is all the time I have spent with the phone and I feel that even though the addiction to iOS will try to lure me back, I think I�ll be fine for now. Moreover, I�m not denying the possibility that I might again plump for Apple; in fact I am anxiously waiting for the 4-inch iPhone 6c releasing in April. I may buy the phone as well but only if it exceeds my expectations. However, that phone may not relive my nostalgia as I type away the last words of this article on the keyboard of the Blackberry Classic.
    01-07-16 07:41 AM
    Semi-OT : all-in-one BlackBerry's CES summary :
    Roundup: All of the BlackBerry and QNX News at CES 2016 (Pictures) | Inside BlackBerry

Edit : Won't publish chart for now, as the general mood on financial markets is low baaaaad.
    China currency deprecation killed them all (automatic safety trades block (fires at 7% loss) ran for the second time today). IMHO, anything better than a 2% loss is a great performance sign for BBRY.
    rarsen, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 5 others like this.
    01-07-16 08:58 AM
    OT:MOBL
    A word from our friend...
    Where's his bear case? Biased much? Bear case - $0 if not bought out. Cannot generate profit. Burning cash for foreseeable future.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 09:33 AM
    Does anyone else out there think the sky is falling? I'm hearing this could be lights out for China. Even so, I'm see this as nothing but opportunities for deals to be had on equities trading at steep discounts. I would think now would be the time to pony up on stocks for the year, but what do I know? Or should I listen to the experts and stay away from what could be another 2008-like market crash? My random thoughts of the day... isn't this fun?
    01-07-16 09:33 AM
113,256 ... 37823783378437853786 ...