01-06-16 01:06 PM
    01-06-16 01:06 PM
    good move on Sharecare

#BBFactCheck
    01-06-16 01:10 PM
    John Chen takes the stage at CES2016.

01-06-16 01:13 PM
    John Legere Retweeted John Chen
    It’s true! #BlackBerry #PRIV coming to @TMobile on 1/26. But not this version – this is special for me #IAmBatman

John Chen ‏@JohnChen 4m4 minutes ago
    All 7 North American carriers are now supporting #PRIV @ATT @Bell @Rogers @Sprint @TELUS @TMobile @verizon

@SharecareInc CEO Jeff Arnold takes the stage now at #CES2016

#CES2016: #PRIV Now Available on @VodafoneUK, Coming Soon to @Sprint, @TMobile, and @Verizon http://blck.by/1mGEKP4

#PRIV will soon offer @Verizon customers the industry-leading security of #BlackBerry on the nation’s most reliable network

“Things are starting to work,” says @BlackBerry CEO John Chen at #CES2016. “We are generating cash."
    Last edited by Corbu; 01-06-16 at 01:36 PM.
    01-06-16 01:19 PM
    �Things are starting to work,� says @BlackBerry CEO John Chen at #CES2016. �We are generating cash."
    Whew! That was close!

 Priv... cue the comeback! 
    OlympusMons and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-06-16 01:23 PM
    01-06-16 01:26 PM
    01-06-16 01:29 PM
    01-06-16 01:29 PM
    Nope.  is best.

Well.. it's actually coming from the android origin. Android is notorious for its security.

01-06-16 01:32 PM
    01-06-16 01:35 PM
    Legere confirmed in a follow up tweet that TMob will have the phone on 1/26 - this date has been floating around CrackBerry for a few days now.

I see Michael Clewley also confirms this date.
    01-06-16 01:36 PM
    01-06-16 01:42 PM
    Uh oh... BBRY is falling... even with the good news

01-06-16 01:43 PM
    01-06-16 01:43 PM
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...194654955.html

I guess my signature is coming true.

01-06-16 01:53 PM
    Who do I sound like? The sky is falling, the sky is falling!! Rare breed indeed.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-06-16 02:01 PM
    BlackBerry Software Aims to Improve Safety, Operation of Driverless Cars - WSJ

Companies at Consumer Electronics Show signal deepening commitment to autonomous cars

BlackBerry Ltd. unveiled new software to help improve the safety and operation of driverless cars at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

Canada-based BlackBerry joined a host of other companies using the trade show to signal a deepening commitment to autonomous cars.

The move also reflected BlackBerry’s bet that demand for mobile security and services will grow as the use of wireless networks expands beyond smartphones and laptops to include connecting a range of consumer and industrial products.

BlackBerry, which has been staking its future on higher-margin mobile-management software after big stumbles in its hardware business, aims to generate revenue of $500 million from software and related services in its current fiscal year, which ends Feb. 29. The company said it plans to launch its autonomous-driving technology in the second quarter of calendar 2016. However, sales related to these new offerings are unlikely to make an impact on the company’s top line in the near future, given that the sector is in its infancy.

Some auto industry executives predict driverless cars will be on the road within five years.

In support of that view, California last month unveiled preliminary regulations for operating driverless cars in the state, a necessary step before the vehicles could be sold to consumers.

Autonomous cars rely on a complex system of software and sensors to avoid hitting other vehicles, to read traffic signals, and to assess road conditions.

On Wednesday, BlackBerry introduced so-called vehicle-to-vehicle communications technology, which will allow cars to communicate with each other to prevent collisions and improve traffic flow, according to a company news release. It also unveiled software that will combine data from cameras, radar and other sources to enable autonomous cars to make braking, steering and other control decisions.

The new technology is powered by BlackBerry’s QNX operating system, which up until now has been best known for running in-car infotainment systems. BlackBerry says more than 40 auto makers use QNX software, and it is betting that installed customer base will help it win new business for its self-driving car offerings.

”QNX has the unique advantage of being a leader in automotive [operating system] software,” John Wall, head of QNX software systems, said in the release.
    01-06-16 02:02 PM
    A Floridian Painter was really a Hater.

Not that rare, but please beware.

Cause hate ain't a very nice trait!
    01-06-16 02:14 PM
    Derek Kuhn, SVP #BlackBerry #IoT takes the stage now to talk about the Internet of Things #CES2016
    01-06-16 02:18 PM
    I'm a tech for BMW and our cars already have all this technology in them...especially the new 7 series which can now autonomously drive itself for brief periods of time on the hwy...the cars can park themselves, brake on their own, steer out of danger etc etc... I assume companies like QNX are pitching their products for lower end vehicles now? Just wondering how much of an impact they can have in this race as car companies have been working on this for some time now....

Posted via my BB PRIV App for Android
    01-06-16 02:19 PM
    http://crackberry.com/news-android-6...-later-q1-2016

Owners of the BlackBerry Priv will have to wait a bit longer to find out when the Android-based smartphone will be updated to the current Marshmallow version. During a CES 2016 presentation, BlackBerry executive Ron Louks stated that news about when the update will be released will be revealed sometime in the first quarter of 2016.

Louks also stated there will be news on new third-party accessories made for the Priv sometime in the next few weeks as well. It's possible BlackBerry could use the Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona, Spain in late February as the time and location for these new announcements.
    01-06-16 02:23 PM
    I'm a tech for BMW and our cars already have all this technology in them...especially the new 7 series which can now autonomously drive itself for brief periods of time on the hwy...the cars can park themselves, brake on their own, steer out of danger etc etc... I assume companies like QNX are pitching their products for lower end vehicles now? Just wondering how much of an impact they can have in this race as car companies have been working on this for some time now....

Posted via my BB PRIV App for Android
    My 0.02$.... if I'm a car company, I would want to licence much of this. Provided the platform is modular and scaleable, I would prefer to work with a trusted supplier in what will quickly become a regulated (likely over regulated) technology. There is no value to each car company working independently to come up with the same thing. No one ever bought a vehicle because of underlying software. Give me a certified platform that I can skin myself so that I can focus on value add differentiation.... things that will allow me to sell more vehicles over my competitor. Let one company pool and consolidate all mission critical IP and license out.... at least that's what I think makes sense.

Edit: to add to this, car companies already do this with transmissions and other driveline equipment (AWD diffs, transmissions, brakes, shocks....etc). It's actually benefits car companies to do this, from cost right on through speed of evolution. MCE's have gone from 5 year cycles to as low as 1-2 years. Autonomous driving will consume huge resources to brings updates as quickly as will be need and to keep up with Regulations

BanffMoose, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 8 others like this.
    01-06-16 02:28 PM
    01-06-16 02:41 PM
113,250 ... 37803781378237833784 ...