View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    2) Certification costs are necessary, but could be absorbed through higher priced phone mix for enterprise.

3) it's speculative to say how much moving to qt5 would affect things. They still have some of the best software engineers so hopefully they could make it work smoothly

4) Get the carriers on board with the Android models, and if they want to carry the bb10 versions, then those as well, but otherwise use the existing direct online model with monthly bb10 updates also pushed out. Sales of the bb10 versions of phones can piggyback on the carrier marketing for the android versions (i.e. A bb10 Priv could be an option via BlackBerry directly vs the default Android Priv in store)
    2) Only the governments care about the certifications. And even then, the US government and military have demonstrated that they really don't care about the certifications themselves. Otherwise why would they have so many Android based initiatives when BB10 and QNX solutions were available? There have been many articles citing the US military's phone purchase preference. They wanted to piggyback off mass produced, consumer tech. And for a good while, they were on an "anything but BlackBerry" kick. They clearly wanted to have more vendors and less BlackBerry. And they are price sensitive to a point.

3) They could, but again, cost will be of primary concern to JC. That's a lot of cost for a really small niche.

4) at least for the US, until Verizon and Sprint go all VOIP, and drops the CDMA requirement, selling through shopBB will leave out half the US users. My passport is a WiFi only, websurfing device because I can't use it on Verizon.

I hope they are able to get BB10 on the Priv though.
    Sorry for the US-centric post.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    01-05-16 03:18 PM
    OT - A little info on Bollinger Bands from the man himself, John Bollinger.

BNN - Watch TV Online | TSX setting up for big move to the upside - but will take some time
    01-05-16 05:05 PM
    01-05-16 07:56 PM
    Those are all good points, but ultimately are functions of volume and price for the bb10 models. Posted via CB10
    It seems to me that the future bb10 phones will need to be the same hardware as the android phones to drive economies of scale. e.g., a passport that runs android and a priv that runs bb10. We will see.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    01-05-16 09:23 PM
    How to balance #mobile device privacy vs. security. https://t.co/jzsiE1MMWU https://t.co/ABfMVBDpGd

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-05-16 09:49 PM
    Hey guys.

Nothing to add, but just wanted to throw a shot-out to BlackBerry investors. With a sea of red lately due mostly to the $289 billion wipeout in the US market, according to a Bloomberg clip Monday, we've been holding our ground superbly.

Scary times.

Anyone see The Big Short? Good stuff.
    01-06-16 02:06 AM
    01-06-16 04:51 AM
    Today is going to be tough.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160106_082147.png

 Priv... cue the comeback! 
    01-06-16 07:22 AM
    It's going to be tough for everyone. Glad I'm not in AAPL, me thinks it's going below $100 today

01-06-16 07:33 AM
    It's going to be tough for everyone. Glad I'm not in AAPL, me thinks it's going below $100 today

Indeed. A long and steep slope down for AAPL. I have never called anyone a troll, but we might see one once a while, and this Rare one is a bad one at that.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 08:05 AM
    Apple will head to 92-95 range, if it doesn't bounce/ recover then........gulp lol

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 08:22 AM
    Indeed. A long and steep slope down for AAPL. I have never called anyone a troll, but we might see one once a while, and this Rare one is a bad one at that.

Posted via CB10
    I think bbry will be fine.

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    01-06-16 08:38 AM
    Good day gang!

I hope you're all enjoying the craziness that is the 2016 markets. There is some serious volatility to start off the year, but I can't help but think there are quite a few "stupid cheap" deals to be had. My shopping list is complete and I'm filling up the cart down here today. Most importantly, BBRY is holding up like a champ today. Hopefully we bounce hard off the bottom of $8.65 this morning. I'm anxiously waiting for John Chen to show us what he has up his sleeve at CES.

On last OT request: ACAD

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/acadia...210500610.html

So they are doing a $300MM capital raise through common stock. The market seems to be punishing them this morning because (if I'm not mistaken) this should be dilutive to current shareholders. Couldn't this also be positive to show that they are deeply investing further into their pipeline? Any clarification to this novice investor would be greatly appreciated.
    01-06-16 09:30 AM
    01-06-16 09:37 AM
    OT: El Nino-Driven Storm Sets Rainfall Records

I am pleased that there is some drought relief.

However, one of the downsides is that the high waters appears to have flushed out under the bridges.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-floods-2.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-floods.jpg
    01-06-16 09:37 AM
    Thought I would toss up a chart on BlackBerry using the Bollinger Bands as CJ was kind enough to point them out yesterday:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-january-6-2016.png

Looking at our chart, we certainly spent the latter half of 2015 moving sideways within a tight channel, we are now benefiting from that base and moving higher with the 200-dma and the 50-dma below us. It has been pointed out that we became over-bought on this run into the $ 9.00 plus area with RSI > 70 and we actually went outside the Bollinger Bands during this rally too. So when it became apparent that a plunging DOW Jones, AAPL and DIS stock would put pressure on our over-bought and bullish trade, all we had to fall back on was CES 2016 and a promise by John Chen that it would be exciting.

So far, I might have missed that excitement for BB at CES 2016 but there maybe more to come so let's not rule out some kind of announcement.

The stock is doing exceedingly well today, the DOW Jones is oversold, even AAPL, despite its ugly chart is now oversold, and so, we are set to rally from here. We were told that China took us down on Monday, that was a false statement as their market has been positive for two days while we continue to head for over sold. Then it was SA/Iran that took us down but oil keeps falling so that isn't proving to be correct, then it was our very own AAPL and DIS that took us down, seems there is an excuse for daily moves but nothing concrete. Today we have to blame energy and North Korea I guess. At some point, we will run out of excuses and the market will bounce from here.

Back to BBRY, it should correct back to its mid-line (20-dma) on the B Bands currently at $ 8.54/shr but it has a better idea, to stop the sell off and move higher. I'm using those two parallel uptrend lines as my range for the stock this time around. It was possible that we could have hit $ 9.75/shr on our run here especially with CES 2016 this week but the general market decided otherwise. You can see how getting to $ 10.00 on the next run isn't difficult at all from here. If we do in fact bottom out without touching any formal support levels like the $ 8.54/shr or 20-dma average that CJ uses, we are bullish indeed.

Let's see how it plays out from here, the DOW Jones should be finished on the downside and AAPL needs a relief rally if only a limited one at that.

A word on pharmas, please look at the IBB Index for direction, we confirmed a breakdown this week with the index below its 50-dma so naturally all pharma stocks will weaken, this should be short lived as it is this sector that sees profit-taking when the general market craps out, it always bounces back despite Hilary and it will again.

Could BBRY close positive on such a negative day? That would be unheard of last year it it does.
    01-06-16 09:45 AM
    Good day gang!

I hope you're all enjoying the craziness that is the 2016 markets. There is some serious volatility to start off the year, but I can't help but think there are quite a few "stupid cheap" deals to be had. My shopping list is complete and I'm filling up the cart down here today. Most importantly, BBRY is holding up like a champ today. Hopefully we bounce hard off the bottom of $8.65 this morning. I'm anxiously waiting for John Chen to show us what he has up his sleeve at CES.

On last OT request: ACAD

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/acadia...210500610.html

So they are doing a $300MM capital raise through common stock. The market seems to be punishing them this morning because (if I'm not mistaken) this should be dilutive to current shareholders. Couldn't this also be positive to show that they are deeply investing further into their pipeline? Any clarification to this novice investor would be greatly appreciated.
    The timing couldn't have been worse for a large issue like this one. You are right, the price is going to be a great entry point for new money but you have to wonder what they were thinking floating an issue today. The issue places a floor on the stock price so buying into this issue is a great idea. We saw HALO go for $ 150 MM in debt, and now this, not sure why they feel it is necessary to reach out for cash when the market is so weak but they have their reasons I guess. I only care about the pipeline and not the price of the stock so if they can improve their pipeline and accelerate drug development, I'm all for it. My goal was to buy more BBRY and some more HALO this time around and maybe even some more ECA, but ACAD at this price is a good way to broaden the portfolio, something my wife has been after me to do for years!
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    01-06-16 09:54 AM
    Could BBRY close positive on such a negative day?
    Your desire is order

More "seriously" (if I dare, me clown) I'd like to see the market testing the highs for today. Let's see if we can touch $9+ back ?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    01-06-16 10:04 AM
    Bum says hi. ;-)
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 01-07-16 at 08:16 PM.
    01-06-16 10:10 AM
    01-06-16 10:50 AM
    Posted via CB10
    You and me both bro!
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    01-06-16 11:24 AM
    OT:
    bye-bye HALO, thanks for the 17%+
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-06-16 at 11:31 AM. Reason: 17 not 19
    01-06-16 11:27 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cx-ny8jwcaarasc.jpg

We are 20 minutes away from some announcements from CES...
    01-06-16 12:43 PM
    01-06-16 01:04 PM
113,256 ... 37793780378137823783 ...