View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If you like italian coffee try the "Vergnano" instead of the "Lavazza". Better quality, trust me
    And best wishes for a great 2016 to you all guys! It's always good to know you are there

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, rarsen, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    01-01-16 06:13 AM
    Massive (but tasty) OT !

Well, I rarely use coffee that has not been rosted max. 15 days ago, that's my SOS stock lol.
    My preferred variety is indonesian, like Malabar monssoned (not sure litteral translation will fit, sorry).
    I sometimes use "Italian mix" from my roaster; mostly when I'm in the envy of Robusta or going the ristretto route
    Coffee is like cigars and wine for me ... I love to play with miling, volume and water quality ... but sometimes ... I go the iphone style lol

P.S : I also use this site (not sure they ship outside FR), they have good quality products for affordable price : http://boutique.malongo.com/achat/ca...grains-14.html
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 7 others like this.
    01-01-16 06:29 AM
    01-01-16 09:26 AM
    Massive (but tasty) OT !

Well, I rarely use coffee that has not been rosted max. 15 days ago, that's my SOS stock lol.
    My preferred variety is indonesian, like Malabar monssoned (not sure litteral translation will fit, sorry).
    I sometimes use "Italian mix" from my roaster; mostly when I'm in the envy of Robusta or going the ristretto route
    Coffee is like cigars and wine for me ... I love to play with miling, volume and water quality ... but sometimes ... I go the iphone style lol

P.S : I also use this site (not sure they ship outside FR), they have good quality products for affordable price : Caf�s en grains - Malongo
    You should try the Pacamara from El Salvador. I'm in ES right now and took a tour of a coffee Finca a few days ago.

Feliz A�o Nuevo Amigos!
    01-01-16 11:45 AM
    Happy New Years Everyone. It is 2016 and 2 + 0 + 1 + 6 = 9. So let's hope we don't dip below $9 for this year and we continue to climb with each additional earnings release showing another quarter of positive cash flow (and hopefully profits) for BBRY.
    01-02-16 02:45 PM
    Are the costs with developing BB10 associated with hardware costs? Moreover are the coast with augmenting Android (with SuseLinux, DTEK, BlackBerry services connections within, BB10 security patches and updates, etc) cheaper in parts per parts or as a whole than the cost of developing and maintaining updates to BB10?!!

This is critical to know as we fully understand just how the services Division at BlackBerry is REALLY doing!!

вιaсĸвεггч� Z10 via CB10 (Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2639) on BES12
    01-02-16 03:01 PM
    OT: CES
    CES: Tech?s Annual Conference Is Bursting at the Seams - WSJ

Tech’s biggest gathering has a problem: It has simply gotten too big, overwhelming the convention halls, hotels and taxi fleets of Las Vegas. But organizers of this coming week’s Consumer Electronics Show believe they can address that issue without curbing the enthusiasm of a widening set of participants.

The trade show—formally called CES 2016 this year—attracted a record 176,000 people last year, up 11% from the prior show. Promoters have responded by taking steps to tighten entry requirements for the professionals-only event, projecting turnout of a more-manageable 150,000 to 170,000.

“It should appear a little less dense,” said Gary Shapiro, longtime president and chief executive of the Consumer Technology Association. “The issue for us is getting around Las Vegas.”

The event will grow again in other ways, Mr. Shapiro is quick to point out. Exhibit space, for example, is slated to expand to 2.4 million square feet this year, from 2.23 million in 2015. The action is now divided into three clusters of facilities—dubbed Tech East, Tech West and Tech South.

CES, which kicks off with a keynote speech by Intel Corp.’s CEO Tuesday night and extends through Saturday, is expected to draw 3,600 exhibitors that reflect an increasingly diverse array of companies.

Originally known mainly for living-room gear like TVs and stereos, CES has steadily expanded as products like personal computers, smartphones and tablets have reached mass audiences. More recently, CES has embraced categories like 3-D printing, virtual reality, mobile apps and drones, while also showing a willingness to add vendors targeting businesses rather than consumers.

Dedicated zones called marketplaces this year will focus on fields such as cybersecurity and products and services for corporate technology buyers, Mr. Shapiro said. In another sign of the corporate focus, International Business Machines Corp. Chief Executive Virginia Rometty was added in mid-December to the roster of seven keynote speakers from the business world.

Electronics giants like Sony Corp., Samsung Electronics Co. and Panasonic Corp. have scheduled news conferences Tuesday. So have some major auto makers, which have increasingly flocked to the show as part of a push to differentiate themselves by adding more electronic features to their vehicles.

Nine major car makers are exhibiting this year, Mr. Shapiro said. General Motors Co. Chief Executive Mary Barra is scheduled for a keynote speech, as is Herbert Diess, head of the Volkswagen AG passenger car brand.

Intel’s Brian Krzanich, in his third consecutive CES keynote, is expected to again focus on his quest to take the company beyond chips for personal computers. Besides providing technology for smart jewelry and eyewear, the Silicon Valley giant has been stressing three-dimensional camera technology called RealSense that can be used for purposes such as helping drones navigate without human assistance.

Where hardware development was once mainly the province of large companies, CES has lately become a focal point for a new wave of startups. Many have raised money through online crowdfunding sites rather than from venture capitalists, which have tended to shun the risky sector. More than 500 startups are expected to take part at this year’s show, up from 375 in 2015.

Much of their activity reflects a movement dubbed the Internet of Things, a catchall phrase used to refer to adding sensing, computing and communications capabilities to everyday devices like toothbrushes, door knobs, lightbulbs and washing machines. Many more connected devices are expected to be shown this week, including smart dog collars, robots that mix drinks and sports bras that measure users’ exertion.

Though such novelties tend to capture headlines, longtime CES watchers say exhibitors are starting to shift their attention to more important concerns—particularly devices and services that improve users’ health, safety and security. Auto makers, for example, are increasingly stressing technology to help avoid collisions and deter carjacking, said John Curran, a global managing director at consulting firm Accenture LLP.

“It’s say goodbye to cool and hello to practical,” he said.

Potential regulation of such technologies is another perennial topic at CES, frequently drawing officials from Washington, D.C. Scheduled speakers from U.S. agencies this year include Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx, Federal Aviation Administration Administrator Michael Huerta and members of the Federal Communications Commission and Federal Trade Commission. Prominent participants from other governments include French Economy Minister Emmanuel Macron, Mr. Shapiro said.

Besides product safety, show organizers are stepping up efforts to ensure attendee safety following recent terror attacks. They have stated that bags will be searched at CES venue entrances, while luggage and rolling bags won't be allowed.
    01-02-16 04:31 PM
    OT: CES
    CES 2016: Preview of the Las Vegas tech showcase - BBC News

Cars

As we career towards roads full of self-driving, electric-powered vehicles, the automakers are embracing CES as a chance to reveal their latest innovations.

Ten of the big-name car manufacturers are exhibiting this year, but much of the pre-show buzz is being generated by a Chinese firm looking to disrupt the sector.

Faraday Future has promised to unveil a "concept" that will help "define the future of mobility".

The company has already lured several executives away from Tesla, announced plans to build a state-of-the-art factory near Las Vegas, and received backing from China's tech billionaire Jia Yueting. We'll learn more at its event on Monday.

Volkswagen will hope to steer back attention the next day - and repair its battered reputation - when its chief executive takes to the stage.

The firm has said it will have a new concept vehicle to show off - rumours suggest it will be an electric Microbus capable of driving up to 500km (310 miles) on a single charge.

Ford's boss, Mark Fields, is also in attendance. It's been reported that he's working on a tie-up with Google to create a new self-driving car business.

But it's not clear whether this will feature in his CES presentation or be kept back for the Detroit Auto Show later in the month.

BMW, however, has already confirmed it will be demonstrating Air Touch - a control mechanism for its in-car maps and entertainment systems that 3D-scans hand gestures to let drivers avoid having to fumble for buttons.

And Toyota is promising to show off a new "high-precision" road imaging system that will let self-driving cars share what they've seen to keep their maps up to date.

The technology may do away with the need to send out special vehicles equipped with expensive laser scanners to get the data.

"There'll also be more than 100 smaller auto tech companies," adds Accenture's John Curran.

"This year's focus will be a little bit less on infotainment and more on security and safety - so, we should see new collision avoidance technologies, anti-car jacking tech and ways for cars to communicate with each other."
    01-02-16 04:37 PM
    OT/CES
    I'd really like to see QNX associated with the next all electric Porsche aka E Mission.

Seems highly spectacular...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...OOKING-it.html

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-02-16 04:54 PM
    01-02-16 05:18 PM
    http://www.qnx.com/news/events/ces2016/

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    01-02-16 09:59 PM
    It's been quite in this thread.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/now-for...nc-3-vehicles/

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    3MIKE, bungaboy, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    01-04-16 06:34 AM
    *Tap tap*... Is this thing on???

Happy 2016 gang. Cheers to health, happiness and prosperity!
    b121, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 8 others like this.
    01-04-16 06:37 AM
    New update for the priv this morning. I haven't noticed anything different or seen any release notes about it though. It was only 16.1 mb. Glad to see they are keeping with the promise to update often though

Posted via The BlackBerry Priv!
    3MIKE, Corbu, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    01-04-16 07:05 AM
    Oops! Tried to edit my post but deleted it instead!

Oh well!! I'm going skiing!!
    bungaboy, Corbu and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-04-16 07:36 AM
    OT: HALO

Halozyme Enters Into Agreement For $150 Million Non-Dilutive Royalty-Backed Debt Financing

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/halozy...133000760.html
    Corbu, q649, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    01-04-16 07:43 AM
    OT: HALO

Halozyme Enters Into Agreement For $150 Million Non-Dilutive Royalty-Backed Debt Financing

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/halozy...133000760.html
    Stock price doesn't seem to be affected.
    01-04-16 08:39 AM
    OT...Nasty open to 2016. Cleared the rest of my YANG and some of my Jan AAPL and NFLX puts this AM. The Jan BBRY calls are looking grim though...need to see some rotation, and soon.

Macro issues are trumping normal seasonal price moves at this point...

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-04-16 09:12 AM
    Well I wasn't wishing to be back in the $8's for everyone's sake but figured we'd head back there...I'm glad I sold.... now I'm just wondering how long to wait to get back in...seems like a bloodbath this morning
    01-04-16 09:15 AM
    Reading material , QNX and Ford.

Ottawa, Ontario - January 4 - QNX Software Systems Limited, a subsidiary of BlackBerry Limited, today announced that Ford Motor Company has ported its open source SmartDeviceLink� (SDL) technology to the QNX CAR� Platform for Infotainment.

SDL is designed to bring an intuitive and fully integrated app experience to the car. It allows drivers to use voice commands, steering-wheel buttons, and other in-car controls to interact with smartphone apps that provide navigation, music, location sharing, and other services. Drivers can, as a result, stay connected to their apps while keeping their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.

http://www.qnx.com/news/pr_6294_1.html

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by bbjdog; 01-04-16 at 09:38 AM.
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    01-04-16 09:18 AM
    Hoping to generate some discussion on the following...seems like major news ahead of CES

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/fo...--finance.html

Edit: bbjdog, was just going to add that QNX link...seems like the auto industry isn't going to take this lying down...anyone recall if Ford or Toyota were part of the Nokia map info purchase?

Also

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/76f043e2-b...5bba42e51.html

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 09:20 AM
    Hoping to generate some discussion on the following...seems like major news ahead of CES

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/fo...--finance.html

Posted via CB10
    Ford is on board with QNX, SDL software, does this mean upcoming news with Toyota?

01-04-16 09:26 AM
    Ford is on board with QNX, SDL software, does this mean upcoming news with Toyota?

Yes, Toyota is on board. See my links above.

I also answered my own question...HERE was bought by Daimler, BMW, and Volkswagen Audi

QNX is involved behind the scenes here...you don't just throw out major news releases within the same 10 seconds like that unless it was pre-planned. If anyone knows more about SDL, I would appreciate some discussion, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 01-04-16 at 09:43 AM.
    01-04-16 09:29 AM
    01-04-16 09:40 AM
    Thks DaSchwantz for the articles, noting the <Ford, Toyota ally to counter Silicon Valley in dashboard war> article attacked my attention with: �QNX, a unit of Canada�s Blackberry Ltd, designs infotainment system software used by 40 automakers.� !!!
    01-04-16 10:00 AM
113,256 ... 37763777377837793780 ...