View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I certainly hope there's some sort of penalty for that.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, sidhuk, Superfly_FR and 5 others like this.
    12-29-15 11:17 AM
    OT: SPHS

Man the stock been trading in a tight range 1.70-1.80, I hope something is brewing for the company! Any educated guesses where this can pop if they announce a partnership?

On topic: BBRY, congrats to all! I haven't looked at the stock in awhile but I did sell most of my position awhile ago so I didn't get a chance to recover on this run, just got too impatient

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 11:19 AM
    BNN with Misek today on BBRY
    BNN - Watch TV Online | Who's hot, who's not on Canadian tech scene: Misek

a few notes: he says maturing market for high end smartphones are bad for Apple and Samsung, and a mixed blessing for BBRY, in the sense that the declining hardware no longer matters as much as the software, which is growing nicely. the operating results absolutely show this, although it took longer than Misek thought, still he was impressed.
    12-29-15 11:28 AM
    BNN with Misek today on BBRY
    BNN - Watch TV Online | Who's hot, who's not on Canadian tech scene: Misek

a few notes: he says maturing market for high end smartphones are bad for Apple and Samsung, and a mixed blessing for BBRY, in the sense that the declining hardware no longer matters as much as the software, which is growing nicely. the operating results absolutely show this, although it took longer than Misek thought, still he was impressed.
    Thanks for the post and video Kadakn01!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, kadakn01, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    12-29-15 12:20 PM
    I certainly hope there's some sort of penalty for that.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe we'll know ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    ---------------------

OT and unrelated to previous paragraph ...
    Bye-bye Lemmy, RIP
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-lenny.gif
    cjcampbell, Corbu, spiller and 6 others like this.
    12-29-15 12:39 PM
    Maybe we'll know ...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1513 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	385987
    ---------------------

OT and unrelated to previous paragraph ...
    Bye-bye Lemmy, RIP
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lenny.gif 
Views:	1513 
Size:	705.1 KB 
ID:	385988
    It's Lemmy

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and Corbu like this.
    12-29-15 12:43 PM
    wot I said !

[pardon me this abuse of power, sometimes, it's just good to be the mod lol]
    Corbu, randall2580, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    12-29-15 12:48 PM
    OT: ECA

Nice pop in HNU.TO this AM on winter storm. As expected, winter didn't completely disappear after all.

Started scaling into ECA this AM. May be a bit early but they're making all the right moves, given the circumstances. They've still got approval to do another big shelf issuance before July, but I think they've now got adequate liquidity going forward without having to skrew the existing shareholders again...not sure if the dividend oriented shareholders are all done clearing yet, but it's all kept the SP deflated, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    I got back in long ECA.TO this morning also.... sold BB.TO... was looking at TCK.B and HNU last few weeks and hesitated

Now waiting for another entry point for BBRY...wondering if it'll come back down in the 8's??
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    12-29-15 02:45 PM
    Awfully quiet in here...

So, let me provide some entertainment!

Two very different cars, both from the same period, more or less. One in English, one in French::

12-29-15 02:49 PM
    Thought I would comment on several stocks today.

Without the need for a chart, BBRY looks fantastic, big rally yesterday and a pause to refresh itself for another pop higher. It is forming another minor pennant formation before we go higher and we did touch overbought on yesterday's rally (RSI=70 plus) so a good day indeed. One of the comments we aren't hearing now is how close BB is to being an actual take-over candidate. If they show any more signs of a recovery, the company would be in play this time around. I stated before that I saw $ 9.60 as a target on this run, it could extend to $ 9.75/shr as the general market begins to turn positive.

The DOW Jones and S&P 500, we are just starting to turn positive here, the books are closed for the calendar year but there can be some buying to year-end. January and February are when Funds want to entice investors to invest in their offerings for tax purposes etc., so the market tends to do very well at this time of year. In addition, stocks that have sold off are often the first ones to pop now as they are purchased by Funds who liked them, just not their year-end price.

SPHS - Be patient! You have one crazy CEO here and he hasn't told us what he is going to do next. He has a dirt cheap company with a successful Phase III in Prostrate Cancer of all things so let him decide how he wants to develop this drug. When he knows what he wants to do with it, the stock will reward us accordingly.

PSDV - This one has traded almost it's entire float, not just a few senior management shares, but over 20 MM shares. Senior management sells enough shares in a year when there are gains to pay their taxes. It means nothing at all about the prospects for the company. The stock will soar when they decide to apply for an FDA early approval, that's the market we want in now. Europe is great but it takes so many approvals to reach the same population in America. Plus, if you get America, it is easier to take that assurance to Europe. The stock is doing very well considering Funds held it for so long without a profit and many needed to show that profit in this calendar year. They will buy it up in 2016 and the stock will reflect its true value.

ECA - I bought more yesterday because Funds have dumped it for 2015 and its not time to go back into until 2016. The stock is basing out, look at the NG chart, oil chart, they are basing out/climbing too, the stock is now lagging the commodity today. Energy fell back yesterday because it had rallied too far last week, what a great time to buy ECA.

HALO - A perfect company just waiting for the IBB Index to start to rally. Nothing to say there, it is perfect in every way.

So for the next two days, position yourselves for the rally in 2016!
    12-29-15 02:58 PM
    That was some crazy after hours for BBRY. Does anyone have access to see the AH buy/sell?

#BBFactCheck
    12-29-15 04:12 PM
    That was some crazy after hours for BBRY. Does anyone have access to see the AH buy/sell?

#BBFactCheck
    Nothing there:

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) After Hours Trading - NASDAQ.com

The AH market is thin so an "at the market" buy/sell won't be pretty.
    Corbu, 3MIKE, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    12-29-15 05:36 PM
    Cool thanks Morgan! I saw it went to 9.07 in AH then back to green +3 cents on google.com

#BBFactCheck
    morganplus8 likes this.
    12-29-15 05:45 PM
    Year is over.
    Guys and Gals. The year is over. The stock market is not functioning now because the smart money, the somewhat bright money, the kind of average and just getting through the day money, they've all gone home. If you are playing now you are playing with the desperate and shady money. Everyone who has their "****e" together has set up their money and life so they can hang out with friends and family this week. Or they are closing a year end deal. But BBRY stock is not a year end deal type thing. So relax on how things move this week and pick things up in the new year.

BBRY is continuing to be a fairly large company with lots of assets in the tech space and lots of cash flow. I like our chances and things look better than six months ago. See you in the new year.
    12-29-15 06:09 PM
    Year is over.
    Guys and Gals. The year is over. The stock market is not functioning now because the smart money, the somewhat bright money, the kind of average and just getting through the day money, they've all gone home. If you are playing now you are playing with the desperate and shady money. Everyone who has their "****e" together has set up their money and life so they can hang out with friends and family this week. Or they are closing a year end deal. But BBRY stock is not a year end deal type thing. So relax on how things move this week and pick things up in the new year.

BBRY is continuing to be a fairly large company with lots of assets in the tech space and lots of cash flow. I like our chances and things look better than six months ago. See you in the new year.
    Or, some could take advantage of this volatility and make a few bucks. Grab the "cheap" stocks for a long play.... play an intraday move for a quick scalp, short a ridiculously thin run up.... there are a ton of opportunities in a week like this so I won't be sitting it out simply because the big boys are on vacation. HNU, CXR, BLDP, BBRY, GO, WTW, FXCM ..... Just a few examples of what can be found for some nice profits while the "smart" money is away.
    12-29-15 06:49 PM
    OT from Related Technologies and Security files. With all of too common SNAFU's with poor choices of Security exposing increasing majority of people, are additional requests for back-doors really that necessary...

191 million US voters' data exposed online in database mishap | ZDNet
    These companies lost your data in 2015's biggest hacks, breaches | ZDNet
    Cloud fail: The 10 scariest outages (and lessons learned from them) | ZDNet
    12-29-15 06:52 PM
    OT: Biotechs
    The Market?s Latest Comeback Story: Biotech Stocks - WSJ

After political concerns drove sector-wide declines this fall, value pickers have leapt in

Biotech is back.

After an autumn selloff, the Nasdaq Biotechnology Index has rallied 18% from its 2015 low in September, and is now up 13% for the year.

It has outpaced the broader market since the September trough, and that puts the sector back on familiar footing: Shares of drug and health-care companies rallied more than the market in recent years as investors sought companies that have the potential to boost earnings and revenue.

But the sector also has been prone to sharp pullbacks, including one this fall when the political focus on the pricing of prescription drugs helped drag the Nasdaq biotech index into negative territory for the year. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in September proposed a plan to control drug costs, while U.S. prosecutors subpoenaed Canada’s Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. in October seeking information related to how it prices drugs.

As often has been the case recently, longer-term investors used the pullback as an opportunity to snap up companies.

Biotech is “one of the best areas for growth,” said David Klaskin, chief investment officer at Oak Ridge Investments, which manages about $4.6 billion.

“In three to four months, either they’re up 20% or down 20%, but I’ll still like them,” he said. The aging U.S. population and the Affordable Care Act should boost health-care spending—and biotech stocks—in the longer run, he said.

The S&P 500’s health-care sector currently trades at 22 times the last 12 months of earnings, according to FactSet. While that is more expensive than the broader S&P 500, which trades at 18 times the last year of earnings, it is less than the health-care sector’s price/earnings ratio of 23 at the end of the second quarter.

In fact, several biotech giants are trading below their long-term valuations. Celgene Corp. has a P/E multiple of 26, which is less than its 10-year average of 58. Gilead Sciences Inc. trades at 8.7 times the past 12 months of earnings, below its 10-year average of 21, and Biogen Inc. has a price/earnings ratio of 18 versus its 10-year average of 22.

Even with expectations of further biotech earnings growth, the size of gains going forward may be smaller. Celgene shares surged 115% in 2013 and 32% in 2014. This year, shares are on track to rise 8.6%.

The Nasdaq biotech index’s 2015 advance is on track to be its smallest since 2011, when it rose 12%.

“Expectations have been ratcheted down so that investors aren’t expecting to make 25-30% in a year” in biotech stocks, said Sahak Manuelian, managing director in equity trading at Wedbush Securities. “You just can’t keep that up,” he added.

Several investors say that the sector’s volatility is likely to continue. That includes shares of smaller drug companies that post disappointing results in clinical trials, which have been swiftly punished in the stock market this year. Shares in Chimerix Inc. dropped 81% Monday after the company said that the Phase 3 trial of a drug used to prevent infections following blood and marrow transplants didn’t meet its goals.

“The volatility has been tied to the overall political environment,” said Bob Landry, portfolio manager at USAA Investment Solutions. “I would expect that volatility to continue in 2016…but I look at that as more of an opportunity to buy into some companies that have good [drug] pipelines and generate good cash flow.”
    12-29-15 07:13 PM
    I got back in long ECA.TO this morning also.... sold BB.TO... was looking at TCK.B and HNU last few weeks and hesitated

Now waiting for another entry point for BBRY...wondering if it'll come back down in the 8's??
    I just want to be clear that even though I like you here, I don't like your last paragraph, and I accidentally hit the like button while yelling at my screen (!)

Corbu, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    12-29-15 07:51 PM
    I just want to be clear that even though I like you here, I don't like your last paragraph, and I accidentally hit the like button while yelling at my screen (!)

Haha...i certainly don't want BBRY to go down don't get me wrong... just decided to sell since the daily charts are creeping over to RSI 70 and I'm looking for a small pull back to get back in :-)

Posted via my BB PRIV App for Android
    12-29-15 08:27 PM
    http://global.blackberry.com/en/lega...elpage=desktop

Sooo.. who has time to go through these patents? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 10:19 PM
    Soooo, are we under more rumor speculation about QNX working with Tesla? I am hearing buzz, but we know what that means SP wise. Word on the street is tomorrow will be a pop....

Anyone else wonder if IBM will end up bidding on BlackBerry? They are down 14% and want into the IoT arena.

Also, we chatted about who made the Priv screen. I heard Chen state that it was indeed made by Samsung. "It is the Samsung S6 screen...". Look like the relationship with Samsung keeps going.

Oh, and Zacks have us on a Strong Buy(!)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-bl...133001164.html

We are in the Matrix.
    12-29-15 10:19 PM
    Also, to have a better understanding of the BTS and their licensing activities, you can find their terms and conditions here:

http://global.blackberry.com/en/lega...elpage=desktop

Edit: ignore the above.. I was still asleep when I posted this

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by _dimi_; 12-30-15 at 05:32 AM.
    12-29-15 10:23 PM
    Among the various interesting information, opinions and predictions of the coming year:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/2015-...d-vivek-wadhwa
    "As of 2015, however, nearly half of China�s population and a fifth of India�s population have gained Internet connectivity. India now has more Internet users than does the U.S., and China has twice as many. This means that we will see another three billion people come on line. Never before has all of humanity been connected in this way."
    12-30-15 07:58 AM
    Or, some could take advantage of this volatility and make a few bucks. Grab the "cheap" stocks for a long play.... play an intraday move for a quick scalp, short a ridiculously thin run up.... there are a ton of opportunities in a week like this so I won't be sitting it out simply because the big boys are on vacation. HNU, CXR, BLDP, BBRY, GO, WTW, FXCM ..... Just a few examples of what can be found for some nice profits while the "smart" money is away.
    Yeah, my low ball bids on ECA.to keep getting hit. Also, I have some Jan options that I'm still hoping to clear soon. BBRY is strong on a down day.

On a macro level, China is struggling to keep control of capital outflows and Yuan pricing...may need to devalue again and they just did. Saudi peg with USD is likely to be broken shortly. Lots going on...I love times like this. :-)

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 09:12 AM
    Ok W.S, bottom test at ~ $9.30 : Check.
    Now you can go back north and check the $9.5 before the market closes.
    This would be a great starting point for 2016 !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    12-30-15 10:36 AM
113,256 ... 37733774377537763777 ...