Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Whatever happened to the "Play-By-Play Parrot" LoL

BBRY $9.425
    I know eh! I was looking for a realtime stock quote app, then he came along and I stopped looking

What's everyone else's thoughts on the 9.50 level?
    I'm waiting till market is back online tomorrow, and might try to do some trading if 9.50 or 9.60 is the next level

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 02:27 PM
    Push harder, dangnabbit!
    TWSS..... :|

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 02:39 PM
    How about a 9.47 HOD close....chug-a-chug-a

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 02:46 PM
    Just bc it's another view
    And TBH, I like the // SP and volume ... That's visual, simple ... (Warning : maybe, too simple ... aka simplistic)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-65184.jpg  
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    12-28-15 03:23 PM
    12-28-15 03:25 PM
    Whatever happened to the "Play-By-Play Parrot" LoL

BBRY $9.425
    I would like to vote for a 'LoL' button, besides the 'like & thanks'.

SF - Make it so!
    12-28-15 03:51 PM
    Lol I think you overestimate my powers.
    Super ... fly ... not bee, not even butterfly

12-28-15 04:42 PM
    Just bc it's another view
    And TBH, I like the // SP and volume ... That's visual, simple ... (Warning : maybe, too simple ... aka simplistic)

What app is that you're using SF?

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    12-28-15 06:26 PM

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Hey ZD,

I don't know if you tried this app linked below but I think it's quite good . You can have more than one portfolio and it calculates everything. You can even add the balance in cash in each portfolio!

Check out MSP, an app for monitoring your stocks and portfolios! MyStocks
    12-28-15 11:58 PM
    Hey ZD,

I don't know if you tried this app linked below but I think it's quite good . You can have more than one portfolio and it calculates everything. You can even add the balance in cash in each portfolio!

Check out MSP, an app for monitoring your stocks and portfolios! MyStocks
    Thanks Mike!

3MIKE likes this.
    12-29-15 01:37 AM
    12-29-15 02:32 AM
    It's on my Priv (so, Android) : Portfolio Watcher
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tfolio.watcher
    ZayDub and 3MIKE like this.
    12-29-15 03:15 AM
    Which do you prefer between the PRIV and the Passport?
    12-29-15 06:58 AM
    That's the millions dollar question!

#BBFactCheck
    3MIKE likes this.
    12-29-15 07:10 AM
    My problem too...I like them both for different reasons...the Passport keyboard is awesome...Apps (Android) run so much better on the Priv...I've been using the Priv for a couple weeks now but holding guardedly onto my Passport...

Thanks for the Portfolio Watcher tip...I like it...can you get it to show premarket quotes too?

3MIKE likes this.
    12-29-15 07:28 AM
    OT: PSDV

I was a little surprised to see so much selling of PSDV on Tuesday after it shot to $5.80 right after opening, but it seems the quote below explains it.

In other pSivida Corp. news, VP Leonard S. Ross sold 33,950 shares of the stock in a transaction on Tuesday, December 22nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $5.39, for a total value of $182,990.50. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Also, CEO Paul Ashton sold 120,000 shares of the stock in a transaction on Tuesday, December 22nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $5.39, for a total value of $646,800.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the chief executive officer now owns 440,741 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $2,375,593.99.
    It appears this stock is being punished in pre-market trading today. Does anyone here see any reason for concern? I still see deep value here especially with yesterday's announcement to market Medidur.

Brokerages Set $8.00 Target Price for pSivida Corp. (NASDAQ:PSDV) - Putnam Standard
    CDM76 and rarsen like this.
    12-29-15 07:37 AM
    12-29-15 07:49 AM
    OT: PSDV
    It appears this stock is being punished in pre-market trading today. Does anyone here see any reason for concern? I still see deep value here especially with yesterday's announcement to market Medidur.
    I am no expert, Mr BBRY. I would point out, though, that only 3,500 shares have been traded in PM.
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, CDM76 and 4 others like this.
    12-29-15 07:52 AM
    CES 2016:

BlackBerry at CES 2016

There have been few rumours as to what BlackBerry will reveal at CES, but new handsets are not expected.

Instead, it is likely to focus on security and the Internet of Things, with a media briefing on those subjects announced for Wednesday, 6 January, starting at 11am PT (7pm GMT).
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1360...ct-at-the-show
    12-29-15 07:59 AM
    And portfolio watcher on passport.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151229_092648.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151229_092728.png

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    12-29-15 09:27 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151229_093844.png

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    Mr BBRY, Corbu, zlatno and 6 others like this.
    12-29-15 09:39 AM
    We should give the G&M an award for the consistency with which they have supported a Canadian technology company trying to resurrect itself (thereby saving/creating jobs and maintaining/enriching some part of Canada's profile in the technology sector), which is no mean feat in itself. Thankfully, the G&M was there every step of the way with its unbiased, honest and professional reporting. What would we have done without them?

12-29-15 09:56 AM
    We should give the G&M an award for the consistency with which they have supported a Canadian technology company trying to resurrect itself (thereby saving/creating jobs and maintaining/enriching some part of Canada's profile in the technology sector), which is no mean feat in itself. Thankfully, the G&M was there every step of the way with its unbiased, honest and professional reporting. What would we have done without them?

Guys, feel free to post your comments on the Glob & Fail Click Bait Headline switching.

Samsung risks becoming another BlackBerry - The Globe and Mail
    Corbu, foxdog0007, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    12-29-15 10:08 AM
    OT: ECA

Nice pop in HNU.TO this AM on winter storm. As expected, winter didn't completely disappear after all.

Started scaling into ECA this AM. May be a bit early but they're making all the right moves, given the circumstances. They've still got approval to do another big shelf issuance before July, but I think they've now got adequate liquidity going forward without having to skrew the existing shareholders again...not sure if the dividend oriented shareholders are all done clearing yet, but it's all kept the SP deflated, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Jahcure, Mr BBRY and 6 others like this.
    12-29-15 10:38 AM
    Reuters Version:

Culture shock - Samsung's mobile woes rooted in hardware legacy

SINGAPORE/SEOUL | By Jeremy Wagstaff and Se Young Lee

Culture shock - Samsung's mobile woes rooted in hardware legacy | Reuters

Efforts to revive its once stellar smartphone fortunes may be doomed if Samsung Electronics cannot overcome its dominant engineering culture, according to serving and former executives and those who have dealt with the company.

This culture, they say, has stymied many previous efforts to develop software and service platforms to support the smartphone business. In the past year several such services have closed down, at least one of them within a year of being launched.

"There's a lot of distrust of top executives who can actually implement stuff that is more of a software and services offering," said one person familiar with the company's inner workings. "It's still 'we know how to sell boxes, we sell boxes'."

Growth in handset sales is slowing as the smartphone market matures, and without its own distinctive software, content and services, Samsung has little to differentiate itself from other Android phone makers selling similar devices at lower prices.

Samsung points to the launch of its mobile payments service, Samsung Pay, and its home control "internet of things" platform, SmartThings, as among the signs it has learned from its past.

But this may not be enough.

Interviews with former and serving employees paint a picture of confusion and overlap between competing divisions, where the short-term interests of promoting hardware trump long-term efforts to build platforms that would add value for customers and increase their loyalty to the brand.

One said he only learned from someone outside the company that the hands-free app his team was updating for the upcoming Galaxy S4 launch had competition — from inside Samsung. For the manager, who has since left the company but declined to be identified because his present employer does business with Samsung, it was one of many examples of the low priority the hardware-minded company placed on software, which was treated as little more than a marketing tool inside the firm.

"Samsung's upper management just inherently doesn't understand software," the former employee said. "They get hardware - in fact, they get hardware better than anyone else. But software is a completely different ballgame."

As a result, critics say, initiatives involving software or services languish and often fail.

Despite being pre-installed on Galaxy phones, Samsung's ChatON messaging service gained few adherents and closed without fanfare in March, while the Milk Video app, a high profile project run by newly hired U.S. executives, lasted a year, closing in November.

SHRINKING MARGINS

To be sure, Samsung's struggles are hardly unique - firms such as HTC Corp, Nokia and BlackBerry also failed in their attempt to develop viable platforms.

And Samsung overcame a late start in smartphones and still remains the No.1 player: researcher TrendForce says it will this year ship about 100 million more than No. 2 Apple Inc.

But former and serving executives say Samsung has failed to support innovation within the company, shrinking margins to stay competitive while losing ground to Chinese rivals such as Huawei Technologies Co Ltd.

The mobile division's earnings contribution shrank to 39 percent of January-September operating profit, on track for the lowest contribution since 2010 and down sharply from 68 percent in 2013. Market share is expected to slip below 20 percent this year, from 24.6 percent in 2013, according to research firm Trefis.

This decline helps explain why long-time mobile chief J.K. Shin recently ceded his day-to-day role to Dongjin Koh, another mobile division veteran.

The firm credits Koh with helping develop its new Samsung Pay mobile payment service and the Knox security platform - two services Samsung says are helping turn things around.

"Samsung has achieved notable progress in recent software and service offerings that have been well received by the market," the company said in a statement. "Including mobile payment service Samsung Pay, SmartThings IoT platform, mobile security solution Knox, and the Tizen operating system which powers our TVs and wearables."

Samsung Pay is gaining traction in South Korea and the United States, while Tizen got a push from launch of new smartphones and appliances this year.

The company also said its Silicon Valley-based Global Innovation Centre was seeking to tap into new software-related technologies developed outside the company.

Some investors and analysts say worries of Samsung's decline are overstated, noting its dominance in memory chips and displays. Its foray into automotive components also has promise, analysts say.

But this is unlikely to revive the explosive earnings growth its smartphones delivered at the beginning of the decade.

What's needed, according to Chang Sea-jin, a business professor at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, is strong backing for a push into software and services from Samsung Group heir apparent Jay Y. Lee.

"There are signs that Samsung is trying to change and the company is acknowledging its failures," said Chang. "The company is moving in the right direction, but there is a high probability this is too little, too late."

Globe and Mail version:

Samsung risks becoming another BlackBerry

JEREMY WAGSTAFF and SE YOUNG LEE
    SINGAPORE and SEOUL — Reuters
    Published Friday, Dec. 25, 2015 5:41PM EST
    Last updated Friday, Dec. 25, 2015 5:44PM EST

Samsung risks becoming another BlackBerry - The Globe and Mail

Efforts to revive its once stellar smartphone fortunes may be doomed if Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. cannot overcome its dominant engineering culture, according to serving and former executives and those who have dealt with the company.

This culture, they say, has stymied many previous efforts to develop software and service platforms to support the smartphone business. In the past year, several such services have closed down, at least one of them within a year of being launched.

“There’s a lot of distrust of top executives who can actually implement stuff that is more of a software and services offering,” said one person familiar with the company’s inner workings. “It’s still ‘we know how to sell boxes, we sell boxes.’”

Growth in handset sales is slowing as the smartphone market matures and, without its own distinctive software, content and services, Samsung has little to differentiate itself from other Android phone makers selling similar devices at lower prices.

Samsung points to the launch of its mobile payments service, Samsung Pay, and its home control “Internet of things” platform, SmartThings, as among the signs it has learned from its past.

But this may not be enough.

Interviews with former and serving employees paint a picture of confusion and overlap between competing divisions, where the short-term interests of promoting hardware trump long-term efforts to build platforms that would add value for customers and increase their loyalty to the brand.

One said he only learned from someone outside the company that the hands-free app his team was updating for the upcoming Galaxy S4 launch had competition – from inside Samsung. For the manager, who has since left the company but declined to be identified because his present employer does business with Samsung, it was one of many examples of the low priority the hardware-minded company placed on software, which was treated as little more than a marketing tool inside the firm.

“Samsung’s upper management just inherently doesn’t understand software,” the former employee said. “They get hardware – in fact, they get hardware better than anyone else. But software is a completely different ball game.”

As a result, critics say, initiatives involving software or services languish and often fail.

Despite being preinstalled on Galaxy phones, Samsung’s Chat-ON messaging service gained few adherents and closed without fanfare in March, while the Milk Video app, a high-profile project run by newly hired U.S. executives, lasted a year, closing in November.

To be sure, Samsung’s struggles are hardly unique – firms such as HTC Corp., Nokia Corp. and BlackBerry Ltd. also failed in their attempt to develop viable platforms.

Samsung overcame a late start in smartphones but remains the No.1 player: Researcher TrendForce says that, this year, it will have shipped about 100 million more than No. 2 Apple Inc.

But former and serving executives say Samsung has failed to support innovation within the company, shrinking margins to stay competitive while losing ground to rivals.

Some investors and analysts say worries about Samsung’s decline are overstated, pointing to its dominance in memory chips and displays. Its foray into automotive components also has promise, analysts say.

But this is unlikely to revive the explosive earnings growth its smartphones delivered at the beginning of the decade.

What’s needed, according to Chang Sea-jin, a business professor at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, is strong backing for a push into software and services from Samsung Group heir apparent Jay Y. Lee.

“There are signs that Samsung is trying to change and the company is acknowledging its failures,” Mr. Chang said. “The company is moving in the right direction, but there is a high probability this is too little, too late.”
    Mr BBRY, Corbu, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    12-29-15 10:42 AM
113,256 ... 37723773377437753776 ...