Edit : where's that ?
    Maui SF....just awful. lOL

you've been made privy to my thoughts.
    12-25-15 04:53 PM
    So, Shane waxes his legs. Hmmm
    lOL.....
    shhhhhh

bungaboy, Corbu, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    12-25-15 04:53 PM
    Hi all and merry Christmas to everyone. I don't post very often but i read this forum several time a day. Thank you for everything.

I have a question regarding Priv sales, i read somewhere that BB waits 14 days after a consumer buy the phone, in order to pass the return time period, before counting it as sold. If true we had 24 - 14 = 10 days of Priv sales in Q3 instead of 24 days. Is this right? Anyone can confirm that? If this is true, Priv sales could be better that expected.
    Canadian Carriers have the 15 day grace period, or the 30 minutes talk time, or 50 mb of data usage before its considered not returnable. This is my understand and assume BlackBerry has something comparable to such thing. So it can be one day to fifteen days and will be hard to calculate without knowing each case. So if a consumer uses 51 mb of data then it is not returnable. I do recall something about BlackBerry waits for the activation of the phone and likely waits for this grace period or the other two to happen. I could be wrong.
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-25-15 at 08:11 PM.
    3MIKE, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-25-15 08:00 PM
    I thought you may prefer this one
    Up one full $ to $8 from $7 for 1y Target estimate, aka: the-biggest-jump-ever-seen-at-once !!!

Attachment 385679
    That's a lot better! If Morgan8 approves, you can return from exile from South of France. LOL
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    12-25-15 08:10 PM
    To those of you who decide to read the following story, I simply want to confirm that today is not the 1st of April but indeed December the 25th!

Apple Watch Users Discover Another Way to Go ?Hands Free? - WSJ

rarsen, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    12-25-15 08:34 PM
    To those of you who decide to read the following story, I simply want to confirm that today is not the 1st of April but indeed December the 25th!

Apple Watch Users Discover Another Way to Go ?Hands Free? - WSJ

And if the nose is dirty (snotty) what other part of your body can you use?? LMAO

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    12-25-15 08:42 PM
    Merry Christmas to all on this wonderful thread!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 09:01 PM
    FWIW/Rumour:
    ? BlackBerry Priv Android 6.0 OTA ?? MWC 2016 ???? | BlackBerryNotesHK ???

Original in Chinese. Edited (by myself) GT version. If there are native Chinese speakers amongst us, feel free to correct and improve

BlackBerry Priv now comes preloaded with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. BlackBerry will release an official upgraded Priv Android 6.0 Marshmallow version during Mobile World Congress (MWC) next year.

BlackBerry Priv Android 6.0 upgrade is being planned as the new machine has already been released. BlackBerry executives said the upgrade is already in preparation and is expected early next year. The latest rumors call for Priv Android 6.0 OTA update to become official at MWC in February next year. In addition to Android 6.0 update, BBRY have the opportunity to usher in the first official price reduction as well as a new BlackBerry smartphone in MWC 2016 (BlackBerry Vienna).
    Would make sense and looking forward to it!
    12-25-15 09:06 PM
    As a reminder of things to look forward to in the next two months:

CES: January 6-9
    MWC: February 22-25
    12-25-15 09:19 PM

Can't hardly wait. Thanks for that corbu!
    By the way what might the Vienna be?

#BBFactCheck
    12-25-15 11:44 PM

I hope they show something compelling about IoT at CES.

Amazon's new IoT service is nicely integrated with kinesis and lambda: https://aws.amazon.com/iot/
    12-26-15 12:28 AM
    I hope they show something compelling about IoT at CES.

Amazon's new IoT service is nicely integrated with kinesis and lambda: https://aws.amazon.com/iot/
    I hope they say they've bought Sierra Wireless...mind you I've been "hoping" for that the last three and a half years lol.

rarsen, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    12-26-15 02:20 AM
    Maui SF....just awful. lOL

What a painful experience !
    I'm suffering a little less
    Have a great Sunday guys !

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-42312.jpg  
    12-26-15 04:11 AM
    Can't hardly wait. Thanks for that corbu!
    By the way what might the Vienna be?
    There you go. Remember it's all speculation for now...
    First look at the BlackBerry "Vienna" - the company's second Android phone! | CrackBerry.com
    12-26-15 08:11 AM
    Oh my!!!

(fuelled by Apple fanbois it seems)

Samsung risks becoming another BlackBerry

JEREMY WAGSTAFF AND SE YOUNG LEE
    SINGAPORE and SEOUL — Reuters
    Published Friday, Dec. 25, 2015 5:41PM EST

Samsung risks becoming another BlackBerry - The Globe and Mail

"Efforts to revive its once stellar smartphone fortunes may be doomed if Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. cannot overcome its dominant engineering culture, according to serving and former executives and those who have dealt with the company.

This culture, they say, has stymied many previous efforts to develop software and service platforms to support the smartphone business. In the past year, several such services have closed down, at least one of them within a year of being launched.

“There’s a lot of distrust of top executives who can actually implement stuff that is more of a software and services offering,” said one person familiar with the company’s inner workings. “It’s still ‘we know how to sell boxes, we sell boxes.’”

Growth in handset sales is slowing as the smartphone market matures and, without its own distinctive software, content and services, Samsung has little to differentiate itself from other Android phone makers selling similar devices at lower prices.

Samsung points to the launch of its mobile payments service, Samsung Pay, and its home control “Internet of things” platform, SmartThings, as among the signs it has learned from its past.

But this may not be enough.

Interviews with former and serving employees paint a picture of confusion and overlap between competing divisions, where the short-term interests of promoting hardware trump long-term efforts to build platforms that would add value for customers and increase their loyalty to the brand.

One said he only learned from someone outside the company that the hands-free app his team was updating for the upcoming Galaxy S4 launch had competition – from inside Samsung. For the manager, who has since left the company but declined to be identified because his present employer does business with Samsung, it was one of many examples of the low priority the hardware-minded company placed on software, which was treated as little more than a marketing tool inside the firm.

“Samsung’s upper management just inherently doesn’t understand software,” the former employee said. “They get hardware – in fact, they get hardware better than anyone else. But software is a completely different ball game.”

As a result, critics say, initiatives involving software or services languish and often fail.

Despite being preinstalled on Galaxy phones, Samsung’s Chat-ON messaging service gained few adherents and closed without fanfare in March, while the Milk Video app, a high-profile project run by newly hired U.S. executives, lasted a year, closing in November.

To be sure, Samsung’s struggles are hardly unique – firms such as HTC Corp., Nokia Corp. and BlackBerry Ltd. also failed in their attempt to develop viable platforms.

Samsung overcame a late start in smartphones but remains the No.1 player: Researcher TrendForce says that, this year, it will have shipped about 100 million more than No. 2 Apple Inc.

But former and serving executives say Samsung has failed to support innovation within the company, shrinking margins to stay competitive while losing ground to rivals.

Some investors and analysts say worries about Samsung’s decline are overstated, pointing to its dominance in memory chips and displays. Its foray into automotive components also has promise, analysts say.

But this is unlikely to revive the explosive earnings growth its smartphones delivered at the beginning of the decade.

What’s needed, according to Chang Sea-jin, a business professor at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, is strong backing for a push into software and services from Samsung Group heir apparent Jay Y. Lee.

“There are signs that Samsung is trying to change and the company is acknowledging its failures,” Mr. Chang said. “The company is moving in the right direction, but there is a high probability this is too little, too late.”"
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    12-26-15 08:12 AM
    My two cents worth!

Next BlackBerry/Android phone should be updated Passport.

Next BB10 (IF) phone should be an updated Priv.
    12-26-15 09:09 AM
    12-26-15 09:42 AM
    If this is confirmed, it's a good news as most of the pre-orders were delayed and i guess they shipped more Priv in the last week of November then in the first week of sales.
    12-26-15 09:54 AM
    What's up with Walmart?

My concern is with Walmart.com as they are showing January 4th for pickup across Michigan and I still haven't been notified that I can get a phone shipped to me. Can anyone find a phone available across the US or have they bought one from Walmart? We look like we are still backed up here.
    sidhuk, Corbu, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    12-26-15 10:47 AM
    http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Black...the-Privileged

Posted via the CB App for Android on my BB Priv
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    12-26-15 11:40 AM
    http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Black...the-Privileged

Posted via the CB App for Android on my BB Priv
    Still a shady camera, because the experts have spoken. Lmao

Go Canada juniors Go!!!!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    morganplus8, rarsen, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    12-26-15 12:12 PM
    One more test to study for, so I can get the Financial Advisor role I'm looking for. Studying now for the Life and Health insurance exam (Group 1 License)....wish me luck! Thanks!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151226_132801.jpg

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    12-26-15 01:29 PM
113,252 ... 37693770377137723773 ...