Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT: PSDV
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/psivid...120000687.html
    Statistical Significance in Improvement in Visual Acuity and Reduction in Systemic Therapy
    12-22-15 06:51 AM
    Yes! Congrats to fellow long time holders and thanks to Morgan for this one! Great results!!

It just continues, my oh my!!! I've been holding and adding to this one for a looong time and put a great deal of faith into the company due to the direct glowing reviews we heard about the upper management and investor relations. Any company that shows that level of transparency + potential + solid cash reserve is worthy of my investment. Thank you, thank you, thank you MORGANPLUS8!
    12-22-15 07:03 AM

It just continues, my oh my!!! I've been holding and adding to this one for a looong time and put a great deal of faith into the company due to the direct glowing reviews we heard about the upper management and investor relations. Any company that shows that level of transparency + potential + solid cash reserve is worthy of my investment. Thank you, thank you, thank you MORGANPLUS8!
    I appreciate the thanks but lets be humble here as we all know these things can go the other way too. I would be shot for every Phase III study that failed so I'm glad to hear others joined me in this one. This company is amazing, they bat 100%, great management and the results speak for themselves. Let's see how we do today, the chart is blown out of the water now. I got up early for this one but I didn't tell my wife about it, let's see how it plays out. Congrats to all of those who were sooooo patient on this one!!!
    12-22-15 07:12 AM
    I'm very encouraged by the quarterly results, and hopeful they can carry the momentum through this quarter and deliver a beat!

I was looking at the Stocks app this morning, and I'm still leaning toward purchasing MOBL. Their market cap is only $315MM. If there is a profitable business in the EMM (is there?), it could make sense just from the standpoint of buying those customers and upgrading them to the new BBRY/Good solution. It also further cements their leadership position, and provides cross sell/up sell opportunities.

How many customers do we think they have? Would the acquisition cost be $400, $300, $200/customer?

What does everyone think?

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    12-22-15 07:23 AM
    I'm very encouraged by the quarterly results, and hopeful they can carry the momentum through this quarter and deliver a beat!

I was looking at the Stocks app this morning, and I'm still leaning toward purchasing MOBL. Their market cap is only $315MM. If there is a profitable business in the EMM (is there?), it could make sense just from the standpoint of buying those customers and upgrading them to the new BBRY/Good solution. It also further cements their leadership position, and provides cross sell/up sell opportunities.

How many customers do we think they have? Would the acquisition cost be $400, $300, $200/customer?

What does everyone think?

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    I think you should save your money.
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-22-15 08:09 AM
    FWIW:
    Chipotle Downgraded, Apple's PT Cut, Blackberry Upped CMG AAPL BBRY - Investors.com

Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) price target was lowered from 135 to 130 by Cowen, while Blackberry (NASDAQ:BBRY) was taken up from 7 to 9 by Imperial Capital following a decent Q3 report that showed possible signs of a recovery on stronger IP licensing sales.
    12-22-15 08:18 AM
    BlackBerry's patents are worth more than many think, says Cormark - Cantech Letter

BlackBerry’s (TSX:BB, Nasdaq:BBRY) most recent quarter was this week cheered as better than expected, but Cormark analyst Richard Tse was looking at the story behind the story.

On Friday, BlackBerry reported its Q3, 2016 results. The company lost (U.S) $89-million on revenue of $557-million, a 14 per quarter-over-quarter topline bump.

“I am pleased with our continued progress on BlackBerry’s strategic priorities, leading to 14-per-cent sequential growth in total revenue for Q3. We delivered accelerating growth in enterprise software and higher revenue across all of our areas of focus,” said CEO John Chen. “Our new PRIV device has been well received since its launch in November, and we are expanding distribution to additional carriers around the world in the next several quarters. “BlackBerry has a solid financial foundation, and we are executing well. To sustain our current direction, we are stepping up investments to drive continued software growth and the additional PRIV launches. I anticipate this will result in sequential revenue growth in our software, hardware and messaging businesses in the fourth quarter.”

Tse says that for him, the focus of this quarter was not the Priv, the new BlackBerry device that is powered with an Android operating system, it is the company’s gradual move towards software, not hardware, as the primary source of its revenue. The analyst says that while it is still early in the company’s transition, the third quarter results showed a “steady progression”. He says he regards the company’s announcement that it booked 2713 enterprise wins in the quarter as a “shocking” positive, noting that 70 per cent of its software revenue is recurring.Tse says while BlackBerry builds traction towards what he thinks will result in at very least a “meaningful niche brand”, many are forgetting about the positives in the company that comprise a value argument for it, namely its $2.71-billion in cash, cash equivalents, short-term and long-term investments and, not unimportantly, its intellectual property.

“If you have followed BlackBerry, even remotely, you will know that one of the big questions when it comes to valuing the stock, whether it is to determine the base value for the stock is the value of BlackBerry’s IP,” says Tse. “When it comes to the financials, IP is largely represented by “Intangible assets” on the company’s balance sheet. We would note that this “Intangible assets” are also recorded on a net basis which includes the impact of amortization. The bear thesis on BlackBerry is often that this IP is not worth much. Yet, if we look at the financials, we have seen little in the way of writedowns. And perhaps more interestingly, if there was no value, why would the company be licensing such technology without intensive litigation. In this fiscal year alone, we have seen a number of IP licenses deals with multiple this quarter for a combined $53 MM, with one deal carrying a recurring 10-year trailer beginning in 2018. Earlier this year, we saw BlackBerry and Cisco sign a broad patent-cross licensing agreement and another IP deal with an unnamed company. To us, that suggests we need to consider this value as incremental in valuing this name”.

In a research update to clients yesterday, Tse maintained his “Buy (Speculative) rating and (U.S) $11.00 share price target on BlackBerry. Shares of the company on the Nasdaq closed up 1.3 per cent to $8.72.
    12-22-15 08:38 AM
    OT - remember when I said I only trade SUNE due to volatility? Today is exactly why I don't trust this stock. Wowzers!

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, 3MIKE and sidhuk like this.
    12-22-15 09:01 AM
    OT - remember when I said I only trade SUNE due to volatility? Today is exactly why I don't trust this stock. Wowzers!

Posted via CB10
    DEADLINE APPROACHING: Lundin Law PC Announces Securities Class Action Lawsuit against SunEdison, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $500,000 to Contact the Firm

16:49 EST Monday, December 21, 2015

LOS ANGELES (Business Wire) -- Lundin Law PC announces a class action lawsuit has been filed against SunEdison, Inc. (“SunEdison” or the “Company”) (NYSE: SUNE). Investors who purchased or otherwise acquired shares between June 16, 2015 and October 6, 2015, inclusive (the “Class Period”) are encouraged to contact the Firm prior to the February 1, 2016 lead plaintiff motion deadline.
    3MIKE and sidhuk like this.
    12-22-15 09:14 AM
    DEADLINE APPROACHING: Lundin Law PC Announces Securities Class Action Lawsuit against SunEdison, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $500,000 to Contact the Firm

16:49 EST Monday, December 21, 2015

LOS ANGELES (Business Wire) -- Lundin Law PC announces a class action lawsuit has been filed against SunEdison, Inc. (�SunEdison� or the �Company�) (NYSE: SUNE). Investors who purchased or otherwise acquired shares between June 16, 2015 and October 6, 2015, inclusive (the �Class Period�) are encouraged to contact the Firm prior to the February 1, 2016 lead plaintiff motion deadline.
    This stock has tons of those alerts. So does any other stock that gets hit and is way off the highs in a short period of time lol. Ambulance chasers. Haha

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 09:25 AM
    I think you should save your money.
    Sorry, not me buying MOBL, but BBRY acquiring.

12-22-15 09:36 AM
    This stock has tons of those alerts. So does any other stock that gets hit and is way off the highs in a short period of time lol. Ambulance chasers. Haha

Posted via CB10
    Might also be related to this:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/appalo...150219330.html

Appaloosa Management LP, a hedge fund run by billionaire David Tepper, requested documents from TerraForm Power Inc. regarding a management shakeup last month and acquisitions its parent SunEdison Inc. has recently renegotiated. SunEdison sank the most in a month.

Appaloosa said on Dec. 2 that it acquired a 9.5 percent stake in TerraForm, a holding company formed by SunEdison to own and operate power plants. It accused TerraForm�s management of acting more in the interest of SunEdison than its own shareholders in deals between the companies.

In a letter to TerraForm management, Appaloosa asked for all documents related to their transactions, management changes and SunEdison�s planned acquisition of residential installer Vivint Solar Inc., according to a regulatory filing Tuesday.
    bungaboy, rarsen, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    12-22-15 09:49 AM
    A quick to note to wish everybody Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
    Thank you for the all great posts.
    12-22-15 09:52 AM
    A quick to note to wish everybody Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
    Thank you for the all great posts.
    Thanks Plasmid_boy. Same to you and to every one here.

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    12-22-15 09:56 AM
    Anyone here thinking of jumping back in or buying more BlackBerry right now?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 10:00 AM
    Oh for sure. That's the reason for today's movement, not for the class action I was responding to.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 10:11 AM
    IOT related: wonder of BlackBerry (QNX) will be layered in there someplace and will be part of the CES announcements?

http://m.leftlanenews.com/report-for...ars-90562.html

rarsen, Corbu, plasmid_boy and 7 others like this.
    12-22-15 10:15 AM
    Sorry if already posted....

http://learnbonds.com/125760/blackbe...eady-for-2016/

Nothing we really didn't know I suppose, but I've seen a couple sources pick this up, so the word is getting out of another BlackBerry Droid

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 10:38 AM
    IOT related: wonder of BlackBerry (QNX) will be layered in there someplace and will be part of the CES announcements?

LeftLaneNews Mobile Version
    More (original report?):
    https://www.yahoo.com/autos/google-p...237400118.html
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    12-22-15 10:41 AM
    Happy Holidays to everyone and be wise during the holiday season!

If you see these two Santa pretenders, please call the authorities.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-monkey-santas.jpg
    12-22-15 10:41 AM
    12-22-15 10:43 AM
    It's looking like Spiller-Buys-A-Priv Day!
    12-22-15 10:55 AM
    Bbry stock is going up! Very steadily, though, but let's aim for the magic $9!

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 11:15 AM
    C'mon $9!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151222_124628.png

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-22-15 11:48 AM
    for entertainment value.......(Cramer being asked a question on his show today about BBRY)
    Watch at the 11:10 mark
    Cramer: Year of haves & have-nots
    Only a couple of weeks ago he was asked if bbry was turning around and his answer was flat out 'No'. What a doofus.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 12:12 PM
113,256 ... 37583759376037613762 ...