View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yeah, if you assume that BBRY is going to be significantly higher than $10usd by the year 2020, then all you need to know about the debentures is that it represents a large (125m) overhang/dilution of shares above 10...

... To explain this last point, a holder of the convertible will often short the same position so that they will have both upside and downside protection on the sp (hedged).

Silly rookie question:
    So If we jump across the 10USD mark, then a trigger effect starts to correct things via dilution?

Also, do you figure that Fairfax is one of the groups shorting the stock and thus creating some of these rumblings in SP? Perhaps they are playing all options to lower their price? I for one refuse to believe that they still are at an average of 17.
    12-21-15 01:43 PM
    Although I only agreed to a purchase on a $9 friday close....I think I could convince myself to extend to (Morgan's) Wednesday if it doesn't happen today/tomorrow.

But do I really need one? Passport is just soooo good

And would I get carrier subsidized ($349 @ bell...wtf is that) or $899 unlocked with wireless charging.
    I'm not gonna lie. In only 30 min of playing with it I love it more than my z30. I know blasphemy but that screen is so on point. Just getting all my stuff transferred onto it now and getting all the updates done . It is incredibly quick and sharp

Though still using my z30 until I get my Sim card trimmed down to size

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Corbu, 3MIKE and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-21-15 01:43 PM
    12-21-15 01:46 PM
    I'm not gonna lie. In only 30 min of playing with it I love it more than my z30. I know blasphemy but that screen is so on point. Just getting all my stuff transferred onto it now and getting all the updates done . It is incredibly quick and sharp

not sure if cutting micro to nano is good for all data speed benefit....not sure where I recall that from. i would just get a new nano SIM.
    bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    12-21-15 02:02 PM
    Corbu,

Question for you, is there anyway we can shutdown this thread and move everything over to Instagram? Thanks in advance. LOL

By invitation only I presume?

It would be the first social media app on my Passport if so!

Side thought:
    Why don't we go balls out and really be niche; BlackBerry private channel(?). Scandalous!
    12-21-15 02:05 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CaptureXX.PNG 
Views:	1384 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	385242
    So they are pretty much maximizing the bear case. I can't wait for hardware division profit and 300M in hardware revenue Q4. Would also love to see huge gains via QNX and leave these idiots scratching their heads. But CS has been a long time biggest short.....really hope they get burned when the squeeze happens.
    12-21-15 02:07 PM
    not sure if cutting micro to nano is good for all data speed benefit....not sure where I recall that from. i would just get a new nano SIM.
    I'm on T-mobile they won't give u a new one unless u destroy your current one. They are cheap. Also no subsidized phone purchases anymore

12-21-15 02:09 PM
    Silly rookie question:
    So If we jump across the 10USD mark, then a trigger effect starts to correct things via dilution?

Also, do you figure that Fairfax is one of the groups shorting the stock and thus creating some of these rumblings in SP? Perhaps they are playing all options to lower their price? I for one refuse to believe that they still are at an average of 17.
    Conversion is at the option of the holder, and they don't need to do it right away. We've been above 10 before and it doesn't look like anyone converted, so no, dilution isn't automatic. However, it creates a big overhang and an obvious psychological threshold to overcome, which tends to become very real SP resistance in TA.

It's hard to know who is and isn't shorting, but in the case of Fairfax, we do know that they sold off some of their share holding after taking on the convertible, which amounts to the same thing as shorting...Prem Watsa is no stranger to this stuff, so they're also likely writing calls, etc, just like Morgan does.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 02:11 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CaptureXX.PNG 
Views:	1384 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	385242
    I agree.

'it all started with the  Priv...then the Vienna?'
    12-21-15 02:18 PM
    Morgan talks about writing (selling) covered options, which is a way to make a small amount of regular money on an existing position, whereas I'm talking about buying options, which is more like buying a lottery ticket on a given sp for a given date (that you can trade up until the expiry date). Can explain more if interested.

Posted via CB10
    Farmwer:

To add, let's remember that you need a ton of options trading knowledge going in. Brass bullocks and a stiff upper lip to boot.

M8 has been seen skinny dipping in the Wall Street Shark Tank.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-22-15 at 05:00 AM.
    12-21-15 02:24 PM
    Edited, cleanup, all fine
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-22-15 at 05:01 AM.
    12-21-15 02:29 PM
    Here comes $9! 3 cents away!

Attachment 385234
    Um, I was going to ask what app folks here can recommend using for real time monitoring now that Stocks for bb10 and Go Daddy are glitchy, but I decided to just 'follow' Rare BF...

Semi-Lol.
    /um.
    12-21-15 02:34 PM
    Best tech bet for 2016 | Watch the video - Yahoo Finance

What they are referring to, towards the end... From last night... For all the iBoys in this thread!

Inside Apple, Michael Caine - 60 Minutes Videos - CBS News
    12-21-15 02:36 PM
    Best tech bet for 2016 | Watch the video - Yahoo Finance

What they are referring to, towards the end... From last night... For all the iBoys in this thread!

Inside Apple, Michael Caine - 60 Minutes Videos - CBS News
    Its funny you bring out this 60 minute episode! I was watching this episode last night and they start off the show with how people are killing themselves over the hours and condition of the work-place and so on. They outfitted the factory with a cheap mesh around the structure to help with the fall (not being detailed if you know what i mean.) so move on forward they show how they are building a state of the art building which I believe was in Germany (corrected by Corbu, the building is in California and the glass was from Germany.) Then they show how the product is so ??. Made me sick!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-21-15 at 05:19 PM.
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    12-21-15 02:43 PM
    Bacon! I don't believe this joke is appropriate at this time. Just like my last joke.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    OT:
    Understood, but I am just here for comedy relief, aside from the odd chart, so I think M8 is cool wit' dat.

I almost died 6 years ago from pneumonia, (leaving behind 4 young children and a wife), but I kept saying that as long as I have air in my lungs to pray and laugh, then I will keep fighting.
    Here I still am, a tad more wise, But healthier than ever.

Proverbs 17:22:
    *A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Cheers!

Edit by SF : OK all fine. Made some cleanup just ... because. Cheers
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-22-15 at 05:03 AM.
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    12-21-15 02:52 PM
    OT:
    Understood, but I am just here for comedy relief, aside from the odd chart, so I think M8 is cool wit' dat.

I almost died 6 years ago from pneumonia, (leaving behind 4 young children and a wife), but I kept saying that as long as I have air in my lungs to pray and laugh then I will keep fighting.

*A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Cheers!
    Totally agree with you Bacon and don't take it the wrong way.
    Most of us have had a life and a half and we are still here. You are right! Laughter is the best thing for the heart.

Cheers mate!

Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    12-21-15 02:59 PM
    Its funny you bring out this 60 minute episode! I was watching this episode last night and they start off the show with how people are killing themselves over the hours and condition of the work-place and so on. They outfitted the factory with a cheap mesh around the structure to help with the fall (not being detailed if you know what i mean.) so move on forward they show how they are building a state of the art building which I believe was in Germany. Then they show how the product is so ??. Made me sick!!!!!!!!!!!
    Indeed, dog.

New Apple HQ in Cupertino (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Campus). Curved glass was manufactured in Germany, I believe. Spent a lot of time talking about Jonathan Ive and the design of their products, but very little time on their software...
    12-21-15 03:02 PM
    OT:

I almost died 6 years ago from pneumonia, (leaving behind 4 young children and a wife), but I kept saying that as long as I have air in my lungs to pray and laugh then I will keep fighting.

Cheers!
    I'm pretty sure everyone is glad to have your input for whatever purpose, As well as M8's input and schooling for us younger investors, and the invaluable input from all the regulars. I've always seen this thread more like talking stock with the boys at the bar than an online forum anyways! :cheers:

12-21-15 03:05 PM

I will agree the screen is really nice. But, I will reserve comment on the Operating System for several weeks. :-)
    Corbu, rarsen, helopilot06 and 5 others like this.
    12-21-15 03:06 PM
    Indeed, dog.

New Apple HQ in Cupertino (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Campus). Curved glass was manufactured in Germany, I believe. Spent a lot of time talking about Jonathan Ive and the design of their products, but very little time on their software...
    Corbu your the best!!! Even when your wife tells me otherwise (joking.)
    What software???? I never knew they had software!

Thanks for the correction, not Germany but California.

Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    12-21-15 03:06 PM

Agreed. Just get a new Nano-SIM.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 12-21-15 at 04:26 PM.
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    12-21-15 03:08 PM
    I will agree the screen is really nice. But, I will reserve comment on the Operating System for several weeks. :-)
    You mean years!

Last edited by bbjdog; 12-21-15 at 03:28 PM.
    bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    12-21-15 03:10 PM
    Although I only agreed to a purchase on a $9 friday close....I think I could convince myself to extend to (Morgan's) Wednesday if it doesn't happen today/tomorrow.

But do I really need one? Passport is just soooo good

And would I get carrier subsidized ($349 @ bell...wtf is that) or $899 unlocked with wireless charging.
    Or . . . . $739 on EPP
    Corbu, rarsen, La Emperor and 2 others like this.
    12-21-15 03:11 PM
    I'm pretty sure everyone is glad to have your input for whatever purpose... :cheers:
    Muchas Gracias.

Yeah, the usual suspects know me well by now. I tend to get a bit frisky at certain times of the year when work dips. Unfortunately for you all, this is the place where I tend to loiter to.

Here's to all my extended family. (input cheers emoji)
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    12-21-15 03:14 PM
    Muchas Gracias.

Yeah, the usual suspects know me well by now. I tend to get a bit frisky at certain times of the year when work dips. Unfortunately for you all, this is the place where I tend to loiter to.

Here's to all my extended family. (input cheers emoji)
    Seriously . . . confess, it was all the monkey pics.
    12-21-15 03:28 PM
113,256 ... 37563757375837593760 ...