View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wow! At least 100k privs in a month and a half, right when it comes out! Wonder what it's going to be like next quarter

'it all started with the  Priv...'
    3MIKE and sidhuk like this.
    12-18-15 02:41 PM
    I suspect that ASP was more influenced by the Classic and Passport continuing to sell at a decent clip. Those are both premium priced phones that are over the last quarter's ASP.
    Good point.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-18-15 02:46 PM
    Wow! At least 100k privs in a month and a half, right when it comes out! Wonder what it's going to be like next quarter

'it all started with the  Priv...'
    That's only 24 days as the quarter closed on November 30th and the PRIV was released on the 6th. Well 25 days to be exact.

bungaboy, rarsen and 3MIKE like this.
    12-18-15 02:51 PM
    @w hoa

Do you know when is the next short interests release? Would love to know who's buying and selling today with the volume of 45 millions

#BBFactCheck
    12-18-15 03:04 PM
    Closed at US$8.60. That is great! I'm going to the Standard Grill in NYC tonight. The steaks will be 10% more delicious!
    12-18-15 03:07 PM
    @w hoa

Do you know when is the next short interests release? Would love to know who's buying and selling today with the volume of 45 millions
    Let me help you there, if Hoa is busy:
    Last Settlement Date: 12/15/2015
    Next Dissemination Date: 12/24/2015

Therefore, next numbers won't cover what happened today. For that, we'll have to wait until the 12th of January, i believe.
    12-18-15 03:08 PM
    Thank GOD for these smart people!!!! What would we do without them!!!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Wow he's a sore loser. Too bad Q4 will drive his 'hardware thesis' into the ground and he will look like an ***** even more. Can't he just get over the fact that Blackberry is showing growth is all areas of the business except SAF and have $2.7B in cash, and will show profit next quarter, and continued growth? Ouch.
    12-18-15 03:13 PM
    I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to the regular contributors here (You know who you are) once a again for all the info today.
    I greatly appreciate the ones that take the time to post regardless if I have to scroll down the pages a bunch of times.... this is my source for links and info for BB/BBRY... I've been long in and out of this trade for over a year now and haven't lost any money yet...quite the opposite actually! We had a good day and hopefully more to come. Keep it coming guys, ignore the trolls and I will do my best to contribute as well.

Salutations from Ottawa, Ontario

Sylvain
    12-18-15 03:15 PM
    OT: Security related

Newly discovered hack has U.S. fearing foreign infiltration

Newly discovered hack has U.S. fearing foreign infiltration - CNNPolitics.com

"Washington (CNN)�A major breach at computer network company Juniper Networks has U.S. officials worried that hackers working for a foreign government were able to spy on the encrypted communications of the U.S. government and private companies for the past three years.

The FBI is investigating the breach, which involved hackers installing a back door on computer equipment, U.S. officials told CNN. Juniper disclosed the issue Thursday along with an emergency security patch that it urged customers to use to update their systems "with the highest priority."

The concern, U.S. officials said, is that sophisticated hackers who compromised the equipment could use their access to get into any company or government agency that used it.

One U.S. official described it as akin to "stealing a master key to get into any government building." . . . "
    sidhuk, Corbu, cjcampbell and 5 others like this.
    12-18-15 03:24 PM
    OT: My compliments to the Mods for keeping this thread on track for the past few days.

Thank you.
    12-18-15 03:26 PM
    Wow he's a sore loser. Too bad Q4 will drive his 'hardware thesis' into the ground and he will look like an ***** even more. Can't he just get over the fact that Blackberry is showing growth is all areas of the business except SAF and have $2.7B in cash, and will show profit next quarter, and continued growth? Ouch.
    Good points!! We also have to celebrate that SAF fees are less then Software revenue. That was my understanding, so they are under control and have moved from migraine to just a headache, which can be controlled with advil. Maybe he needs some BlackBerry loving!!!!

12-18-15 03:35 PM
    @corbu many thanks.

#BBFactCheck
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-18-15 03:36 PM
    Good points!! We also have to celebrate that SAF fees are less then Software revenue. That was my understanding, so they are under control and have moved from migraine to just a headache, which can be controlled with advil. Maybe he needs some BlackBerry loving!!!!

Is he the monkey in the tree you were talking about?
    3MIKE and sidhuk like this.
    12-18-15 03:37 PM
    So... Our dear friend (who made a memorable appearance this morning on the EC and strangely forgot - for once - to post his patented pre-EC "analysis") had to chime in with his wisdom...

There you have it, folks! How much credibility does James Faucette still have, I wonder...
    I'm not allowed to be outright insulting here ... Too bad.

12-18-15 03:47 PM
    Is he the monkey in the tree you were talking about?
    LOL!!!!!
    Bunga get with the show (joking mate)!!!!!!! that monkey was bbjdog after having BlackBerry loving!!

If I show you a picture of you know who and what, i will be banned for life. I'm already in the dog house. LOL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-monkey_01.jpg
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-18-15 at 05:28 PM.
    12-18-15 03:53 PM
    OT: My compliments to the Mods for keeping this thread on track for the past few days.

Thank you.
    Let me add one more thanks here !
    As you may have noticed, besides cosmetic and rare action, I'm too personally involved in this thread to mod it.

Moreover, let me congratulate each of you here for the quality and control of your postings during the last months !

Have an awesome weekend and holidays times, let's remember we might be ahead of 'historical' moments !

Cheers !
    SF

12-18-15 03:56 PM
    Great day for BBRY and it's holders. The fact that it broke out above $9 is incredible, even if short lived. It won't be long until cheers for breaking single digit numbers is in the past and double digits are the norm. Attached is my 3 minute chart for the day. We closed right on support that was put in from 10:30 till 1 at which point it took out the $8.80 area.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-12-18-5.02.56-pm.png
    12-18-15 04:07 PM
    Okay! Let me contribute something!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/12/...re-paying-off/

12-18-15 04:12 PM

Well, he can focus his targets on 'true organic revenue' all he wants, but he's just making himself look more and more foolish. If I spend $10m on marketing to increase my annual revenues by 10%, how exactly is that more 'true' than buying a company for $10m to increase my annual revenues by 10%?

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, ZayDub and 8 others like this.
    12-18-15 04:34 PM
    Nice to see a positive response to the ER. Very high volume today (45M Nasdaq, 8M TSE). So I haven't listened to or read the CC, but I've gathered that Chen expects total revs to be stable from Q3 to Q4, whereas he has said before to expect rev growth in Q4. I'm wondering whether he is being excessively cautious or if there are concerns somewhere. So correct me if I'm wrong but I'm getting:

Software: 162M
    Hardware: 223M
    Service fees: 172M

Now since 70% of software is recurring, we have 113M already, but this is going to be higher with a full Q of Good revs, plus any growth across the software offerings. SAF is likely to go down 15-20% so say split the difference and we have 142M. But it would seem with a full Q of Priv sales and more carrier coverage in the US and globally, that hardware revs should be up significantly in Q4. It seems to me that unless SAF starts dropping off faster or hardware significantly underperforms, that Q4 total rev should be up.
    12-18-15 04:44 PM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned already,

The third quarter only included a few weeks of Priv sales, and Mr. Chen emphasized that the first 60 days of U.S. sales were limited by a carrier exclusivity deal with AT&T, and the phone won’t be in all 31 countries until February.
    BlackBerry shares rally as earnings beat expectations - The Globe and Mail
    bungaboy, rarsen, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    12-18-15 04:50 PM

Peut etre en Francais?
    rarsen, Corbu, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    12-18-15 05:19 PM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Miss Chris's Financial analysis.....

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-18-15 06:37 PM
    Miss Chris's Financial analysis.....
    Not on BBRY stock currently, but many others.

Chris Umiastowski - The Globe and Mail
    12-18-15 06:50 PM
    I am hoping shorts would see today's result and guidance from John Chen that they only expect results to be better going forward and be like - this is no longer a short stock. It has found its bottom and is now constantly going to rise - slowly rise or rapidly rise - either ways, it's no longer going to go down as the company has provided forward looking guidance that they expect to grow now. So, let's close our short position.

I'd love to see a short squeeze on Monday but even an orderly exit starting Monday and spread over couple of months would be fine. I feel like after most shorts exit, negative, smear press would stop or reduce significantly.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 12-18-15 at 07:09 PM.
    12-18-15 06:55 PM
113,256 ... 37493750375137523753 ...