View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Frigg, why am I sad about being happy!

Part of me is tempted to sell a third and then buy back on a dip, but the other part of me thinks this might be the day we've been waiting for

We've all been on this roller coaster and kicked ourselves for hindsight. I'm so fearful I will kick myself for finally parting with some shares...

Lol, good spot to be in at least!

Good luck and thanks to all for the great dumbing down of all this stuff for me

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you. I reckon a significant dip is coming. Good chance to average down. Timing is it the difficult part
    12-18-15 09:00 AM
    Ok, I did it. Sold a few. Now to get back in!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 09:02 AM
    Need to bounced back over $8.50.....
    12-18-15 09:05 AM
    OT, just found out something new when I tried to switch app on my Passport's home screen that you can now move and re-arrange the position of opening apps by hold and drag.

To the share price, this is only a start once $8 is passed comfortably. If you look at history, BBRY never stops between 8 and 9 for long. It is either below 8 or above 9.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    12-18-15 09:07 AM
    Need to bounced back over $8.50.....
    It's trying hard. Tipping point here. I expect this to move up or down another $.30 cents today
    12-18-15 09:20 AM

Part of me is tempted to sell a third and then buy back on a dip, but the other part of me thinks this might be the day we've been waiting for

We've all been on this roller coaster and kicked ourselves for hindsight. I'm so fearful I will kick myself for finally parting with some shares...

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you, farmwersteve! I'm tired of missing selling opportunity as we've watched this stock get puppeteered over the years. That's why I compromised and sold 1/25th of my position when it hit $8.5. I still hold heaps so I wont miss out on the continued rally.

Also, worth mentioning some valuable advice I've picked up on this thread. Selling covered calls is a beautiful way to generate cash and not give up your holdings. You'll stem your losses when the stock goes down, but give up a little if it keeps climbing. I know a certain genius around here that has perfected that art that might be able to add something valuable on the subject.
    12-18-15 09:22 AM
    I've bought myself too many Christmas gifts already. A new rifle, new sunglasses, speakers, couch, and a new power wheels toy for my son. However, I haven't bought myself a new years gift yet... that's a thing right? So about that priv...lol

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    You should buy yourself a speaker couch. That way you can be all surrounded by the sound and wave.
    helopilot06 likes this.
    12-18-15 09:25 AM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The general market looks like crap today so it isn't helping BBRY at all. The numbers are great, guidance is flat but analysts are way behind the curve on 12-month stock price/metrics estimates given these numbers. By the time they drag those gross revenue figures up to reality, the 12-month target price has to grow with them and we should be able to get off the bottom of the toilet re: targets around $ 5.50 - $ 8.00/shr. That is where the gain in the stock will come from, in higher targets. Lets see who wants to be first here. One other point today is that we would see instant profits if we dropped handsets so we'll be hearing about that again ..............
    Heavy volume and strong upward momentum... In spite of down day on DOW and Nasdak.... 2016 could be a banner year for BlackBerry and Long investors ..... patience rewarded!!

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, La Emperor, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    12-18-15 09:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    CES is coming soon. Chen hint that they will have some stuffs to show related to IoT. Besides the concept car, I think the tracking device is probably what he was hinting. If you buy back, should buy back before the CES.
    OlympusMons, morganplus8 and gedob like this.
    12-18-15 09:29 AM
    Just admit you are wrong about that dip dammit! LOL

Here is a chart that gets you to $ 8.60/shr now that the 200-dma appears to be falling on huge volume.

Attachment 384881

Let's hear from someone else who can get you to $ 9.00/shr on the charts, that would be amazing and fun too.

We have all of this and Amber coming to us shortly, what a great day.
    I sure hope I'm wrong about a big dip. I was definitely wrong about an opening raid. Not too sad about that either
    morganplus8 and 3MIKE like this.
    I've bought myself too many Christmas gifts already. A new rifle, new sunglasses, speakers, couch, and a new power wheels toy for my son. However, I haven't bought myself a new years gift yet... that's a thing right? So about that priv...lol

Do it! I did. LoL
    Mr BBRY, La Emperor, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    Just admit you are wrong about that dip dammit! LOL

Here is a chart that gets you to $ 8.60/shr now that the 200-dma appears to be falling on huge volume.

Attachment 384881

Let's hear from someone else who can get you to $ 9.00/shr on the charts, that would be amazing and fun too.

We have all of this and Amber coming to us shortly, what a great day.
    Your chart gets us to $9. Just need enough volume and big buyers to push this through the return line and then we head there.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    12-18-15 09:35 AM
    I'm gonna be optimistic. $9 close.
    I reiterate my 9,02 close 🎅
    12-18-15 09:37 AM
    Your chart gets us to $9. Just need enough volume and big buyers to push this through the return line and then we head there.
    And they are working on that now....keep the bids going and going! come on....do it!
    12-18-15 09:37 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-1d-chart-12.18.15-1-.png

RSI = 65. Which means there's still room to go. At this point, I'm looking for a mid-day dip and then rally to finish at HOD. Ohhh I can see the champagne (beer actually) flowing this weekend already!
    12-18-15 09:42 AM
    UPDATE 2-BlackBerry quarterly revenues top expectations; shares rally
    Euan Rocha and Alastair Sharp
    53 Mins Ago
    Reuters
    COMMENTSStart the Discussion
    (Adds CEO and analyst comment, details on results, outlook, updates share price move)

TORONTO, Dec 18 (Reuters) - BlackBerry Ltd reported a smaller-than-expected fiscal third-quarter loss on Friday and its first quarter-to-quarter revenue gain in over two years, indicating turnaround efforts may be gaining traction.

The better-than-expected results, driven by higher hardware and software revenues, sent BlackBerry shares up 5 percent in early trading in New York and Toronto.

"I'm pleased with our progress and the growth in Q3," said Chief Executive Officer John Chen, on a conference call. "Our results demonstrate that we're executing on the turnaround."

In the quarter ended Nov. 28, the Waterloo, Ontario-based company reported a loss of $89 million, or 17 cents a share. That compared with a year ago loss of $148 million, or 28 cents a share.

Excluding a noncash credit tied to a change in the value of debentures, restructuring charges and other one-time items, the company posted a loss of $15 million, or 3 cents a share.

Quarterly revenue fell 31 percent to $548 million from a year earlier, but rose 12 percent from the prior quarter, after nine consecutive quarters of declines.

Analysts, on average, expected BlackBerry to post a loss of 14 cents a share on revenue of $489 million.

Software revenue, a metric being closely watched by analysts as BlackBerry pivots to focus on that segment, more than doubled to $162 million from a year earlier.

"BlackBerry hit a software number that investors have been looking for them to hit for quite some time," said Morningstar analyst Brian Colello.

Year-to-date software revenue is about $362 million, within striking range of the company's forecast target of $500 million for the current fiscal year ending Feb. 29, 2016.

Revenue from smartphone sales also rose for the first time in four quarters to $214 million from $201 million in the second quarter.

It sold 700,000 devices in the latest quarter down from about 800,000 in the prior period, but average selling prices (ASPs) on devices jumped to $315 from $240.

The ASP increase came after BlackBerry recently rolled out the Priv, its first device powered by Alphabet Inc's Google Android operating system. BlackBerry said it sees its hardware arm possibly returning to breakeven operating profit in the current quarter.

Significantly, gains in software revenue more than offset a decline in BlackBerry's legacy system access fees this quarter. BlackBerry said it expects the trend to continue, helping it beat both top-line and bottom-line Wall Street expectations in the ongoing quarter.

BlackBerry stock was up 63 cents to $8.43 in New York and 96 Canadian cents to C$11.85 in Toronto.

(Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
    UPDATE 2-BlackBerry quarterly revenues top expectations; shares rally
    12-18-15 09:43 AM
    Here's Why BlackBerry Saw Its First Revenue Gain In 9 Quarters - Fortune

If you didn’t believe BlackBerry was a software company, you should now.

BlackBerry CEO John Chen’s determination to move the company away from relying on hardware to focus on software sales is starting to pay off.

On Friday, the firm reported its third quarter fiscal 2016 results. During the period ending Nov. 28, BlackBerry’s total revenue was 548 million, up nearly 12% from the previous quarter. It’s the first quarter-to-quarter increase in revenue for BlackBerry in nine quarters. Revenue in the same quarter last year was $793 million.

The reason? Software.

The Waterloo company’s software and services revenue accounted for $154 million of total revenue, up from $78 million in the previous quarter.

“I’m pleased with our progress,” Chen said on a call with analysts, noting the company added 2,713 new enterprise customers in the quarter. Contributing to the positive gains were recent acquisitions, AtHoc and Good Technology.

Around 70% of BlackBerry’s software and services revenue in the quarter was recurring, with Chen stating the goal is to bring that number to 80% within the next year.

Despite strong software sales the company reported a loss of $89 million. Excluding one time charges, the loss was 3 cents per share, beating Wall Street expectations of 14 cents per share.

Shares of BlackBerry “BBRY” were up nearly 10% on the news at press time.

As for BlackBerry’s hardware division, the company sold 700,000 devices during the period. A specific breakdown of sales by model was not released.

The BlackBerry Priv, the company’s newest smartphone, and first to run the Google GOOG -0.57% Android operating system, was available for 22 days in the quarter but its impact was still noticeable. The average selling price (ASP) of handsets for the firm is now $315, up from $240.

Chen stated the company will expand the Priv’s availability to 31 countries by the end of February, up from four countries at the end of the third quarter. Due to the higher ASP and expansion of availability, Chen is optimistic the company’s hardware division will break even in the company’s fiscal fourth quarter.

Chen has previously said if the hardware business doesn’t turn profitable, the company will exit the smartphone market in 2016.

BlackBerry 10, the company’s proprietary operating system for smartphones, is expected to receive an update in the first quarter of 2016, and another later in the year. It’s hard to imagine, however, the company will keep the platform around if the Android-powered handsets continue to remain attractive to customers. During the call, the primary focus of conversation in relation to hardware was surrounding Android and the company’s ability to bring security and privacy to the platform. At one point, Chen noted “look for us to expand on this concept,” in reference to the success the company was seeing with its first Android device.

Total hardware revenue in the third quarter was $214 million, up slightly from the previous quarter’s $201 million.

Looking forward, Chen hinted at a new Internet of things product announcement at CES 2016 in early January as the company demonstrates its QNX platform.
    12-18-15 09:45 AM
    I'm with you. I reckon a significant dip is coming. Good chance to average down. Timing is it the difficult part
    Dangerous game to day trade a stock this volatile. Though I don't disagree that a dip is likely from the current 10% up. Good luck.
    morganplus8 and 3MIKE like this.
    12-18-15 09:52 AM
    "Chen stated the company will expand the Priv�s availability to 31 countries by the end of February, up from four countries at the end of the third quarter. Due to the higher ASP and expansion of availability, Chen is optimistic the company�s hardware division will break even in the company�s fiscal fourth quarter."

Strange that the prolonged rollout seems planned. Maybe this is part of their supply-chain management, where they ensure that the high-demand markets have their supply met before they worry about the lower-demand areas.

It makes sense; instead of spreading thin, conquer one area at a time with strength. It's like Morgan8 says, it's a "new" phone in a different country every few weeks, so people don't get frustrated with lack of supply.
    Corbu, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    12-18-15 09:54 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151218_105342.png

Volume seems to have calmed down but we are holding strong and holding our gains. This has been a great day, we re-took the gains that the market wiped out yesterday and added another 5-6% on top. What a great reason to drink a beer or 3 with lunch lol.

12-18-15 09:56 AM
    One time 220m upfront IP licensing fee in this quarter revs. Which then becomes partially recurring during FY2018.
    That's a big hole to fill.
    Remove that from revs and look again.

Device sales were 700k with ASP of 315.
    Which means some stubborn governments bought a lot (couple hundred k) of Calssics/Passport devices for some reason this quarter. Not many Privs in there for first month. Maybe 50-100k. Not likely going up. S6 is now about $300 in US vs $700 Priv. New phones coming in a few months.
    Remove the odd buys from devices and look again.

As for core.
    BES12 went from 30m to about 25m.
    New adds slowed from previous quarter by about 20%.

Good.
    QNX is looking up.
    Software is looking slightly brighter.
    12-18-15 10:04 AM
    We could legitimately hit $9 and possibly even close around there.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151218_110607.png

'it all started with the  Priv...'
    12-18-15 10:06 AM
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/3764...-days-are-over
    Awesome!

'it all started with the  Priv...'
    Mr BBRY and 3MIKE like this.
    12-18-15 10:07 AM
    BOOM!

Thank you very much.

Mr BBRY, 3MIKE and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-18-15 10:07 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY 1D Chart - 12.18.15 (1).PNG 
Views:	1259 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	384888

RSI = 65. Which means there's still room to go. At this point, I'm looking for a mid-day dip and then rally to finish at HOD. Ohhh I can see the champagne (beer actually) flowing this weekend already!
    You get your champagne and beer....but will I get my Priv???!!
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    12-18-15 10:08 AM
113,256 ... 37443745374637473748 ...