View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Premarket looks good. Overall I'm very happy with the numbers this quarter. Considering how little time they had for priv to impact units sold this quarter I think next quarter will be amazing. I also like that Chen is being positively conservative. Under promise over deliver. Salesmanship 101. Just my $.02! Cheers all! Here's to hoping for a lot of green today.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    12-18-15 07:59 AM
    Can we please stop posting the ENTIRE Qtr press release in the forum going forward please?!
    Snippets are fine but the tables from balance, income statements, and other sheets really are a he'll pain to scroll through via CB10 app! There is no next post jump shortcut so please be considerate, please?!

Fantastic news!

We're making huge strides now!

вιaсĸвεггч� Z10 via CB10 (Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2639) on BES12
    gvs1341 likes this.
    12-18-15 08:03 AM
    If their SAF decline is offset by Software and the business doesn't shrink anywhere else..... Then if the Priv is a hit hardware revenue will fly. Yep I do see a big Q4 beat already.
    12-18-15 08:04 AM
    Premarket looks good. Overall I'm very happy with the numbers this quarter. Considering how little time they had for priv to impact units sold this quarter I think next quarter will be amazing. I also like that Chen is being positively conservative. Under promise over deliver. Salesmanship 101. Just my $.02! Cheers all! Here's to hoping for a lot of green today.

The general market looks like crap today so it isn't helping BBRY at all. The numbers are great, guidance is flat but analysts are way behind the curve on 12-month stock price/metrics estimates given these numbers. By the time they drag those gross revenue figures up to reality, the 12-month target price has to grow with them and we should be able to get off the bottom of the toilet re: targets around $ 5.50 - $ 8.00/shr. That is where the gain in the stock will come from, in higher targets. Lets see who wants to be first here. One other point today is that we would see instant profits if we dropped handsets so we'll be hearing about that again ..............
    12-18-15 08:07 AM
    Ok post your bets.

I'm gonna call a bear raid, trigger stops, then reversal and finish in the green. Should be an interesting morning.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-18-15 08:08 AM
    I'm gonna call a rough market making it hard to show the strides we should be seeing. Futures are down, oil is down , and you have a slightly more negative sentiment building in the market. But I do expect at least 2.5% up at close

morganplus8, bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    12-18-15 08:12 AM
    Ok post your bets.

I'm gonna call a bear raid, trigger stops, then reversal and finish in the green. Should be an interesting morning.
    Might happen fast...

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 08:12 AM
    12-18-15 08:23 AM
    Ok post your bets.

A simple victory would be a positive close, if the DOW can make a come back, we should be over $ 8.00/shr and a huge victory would be a closing high for the week. In time, with upgrades we should clear the 200-dma and move to something closer to $ 9.00 ( 3 - 4 weeks time) as the selling pressure for year-end tappers off. I just want it over $ 8.00 a share for good this time, its coming. Every ***** analyst out there must see at least a dollar of additional 12-month value in this play after those numbers and guidance. Finally, AAPL needs to hold today to start our rally and BlackBerry is no longer on the short list to be sold by Funds prior to year-end so that pressure has gone away. Let's get going here.
    W Hoa, Corbu, Superfly_FR and 5 others like this.
    12-18-15 08:23 AM
    Just posting this because I really like the headline:

How BlackBerry Stunned Investors with Q3 Earnings

BlackBerry Q3 Earnings Beat (NASDAQ: BBRY) - 24/7 Wall St.
    12-18-15 08:24 AM
    Snapshot :
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    12-18-15 08:25 AM
    A simple victory would be a positive close, if the DOW can make a come back, we should be over $ 8.00/shr and a huge victory would be a closing high for the week. In time, with upgrades we should clear the 200-dma and move to something closer to $ 9.00 ( 3 - 4 weeks time) as the selling pressure for year-end tappers off. I just want it over $ 8.00 a share for good this time, its coming. Every ***** analyst out there must see at least a dollar of additional 12-month value in this play after those numbers and guidance. Finally, AAPL needs to hold today to start our rally and BlackBerry is no longer on the short list to be sold by Funds prior to year-end so that pressure has gone away. Let's get going here.
    I'm gonna be optimistic. $9 close.
    12-18-15 08:25 AM
    BlackBerry?s Results Beat Expectations - WSJ

WATERLOO, Ontario— BlackBerry Ltd.’s latest quarterly results beat expectations, indicating the company’s effort to stake its future on software is gaining traction.

After an attempt to compete with Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co. in the consumer smartphone market failed spectacularly a few years ago, the company, under Chief Executive John Chen, has focused on selling higher-margin software and services to manage and secure enterprise mobile networks. It has augmented the software push with the development of handsets that foster worker productivity.

Financial results for the fiscal third quarter suggest BlackBerry is making progress on both fronts. BlackBerry said it generated $162 million in software and services revenue in the fiscal third quarter, and that about 70% of software sales were recurring—meaning it will be able to count on those sales in coming quarters. Revenue in this business was also more than double the $74 million generated in the second quarter.

BlackBerry said its first-ever Android-powered phone has been well received by customers since the device went on sale last month. Before the Priv, BlackBerry had launched three devices since September 2014, but failed to gain significant market share in part because they lacked the large number of apps available on Android-powered phones that many consumers covet. With Priv, users can access about 1.6 million apps, about three times more than those available on BlackBerry devices using the company’s own BB10 operating system.

“We delivered accelerating growth in enterprise software and higher revenue across all of our areas of focus,” Mr. Chen said in a statement. Based on that momentum, the company is expected to generate sequential revenue growth in its software, hardware and messaging businesses in the fourth quarter, he said.

Still, BlackBerry didn’t provide specific sales figures for the Priv. On the company’s earnings call, Chief Financial Officer James Yersh said the company recognized revenue on 700,000 devices in the third quarter. That was down from over 800,000 in the prior quarter. But the average selling prices on each smartphone rose to $315 from $240 over the same period, reflecting focus on the high-end Priv, which competes with the high-price devices from Apple and Samsung, Mr. Yersh said.

BlackBerry said that it had a net loss of $89 million, or 17 cents a share, in the quarter ended Nov. 28, compared with a loss of $148 million, or 28 cents, a year earlier.

Adjusted to exclude items, BlackBerry said it lost 3 cents a share a share. Analysts had expected BlackBerry to report a loss of 14 cents a share, according to a Thomson Reuters poll.

Revenue of $548 million was down about 31% from a year earlier, but still came in ahead of expectations. The Thomson Reuters projection was $489 million.
    12-18-15 08:26 AM
    Call link (listening replay)
    http://edge.media-server.com/m/p/c98cuwrb
    12-18-15 08:33 AM
    Not a bad opening. Let's see how much we give and take through the day. Would make for a fun roller coaster I bet.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151218_093228.png

12-18-15 08:33 AM
    Can we please stop posting the ENTIRE Qtr press release in the forum going forward please?!
    Snippets are fine but the tables from balance, income statements, and other sheets really are a he'll pain to scroll through via CB10 app! There is no next post jump shortcut so please be considerate, please?!

Fantastic news!

We're making huge strides now!

вιaсĸвεггч� Z10 via CB10 (Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2639) on BES12
    If you have a physical keyboard, pressing N will jump to the next post.

Or B to jump to the bottom

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, rytwjyx, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    12-18-15 08:40 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151218_093921.png

Here's the pump.... fingers crossed that we hold strength.

12-18-15 08:41 AM
    Lookin goooood

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-1d-chart-12.18.15.png
    bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    12-18-15 08:43 AM
    If it closes >= $9 I'm buying a Priv. I don't think we'll see that $10 level today.
    12-18-15 08:48 AM
    I'm gonna be optimistic. $9 close.
    Just admit you are wrong about that dip dammit! LOL

Here is a chart that gets you to $ 8.60/shr now that the 200-dma appears to be falling on huge volume.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-dec-18-2015.png

Let's hear from someone else who can get you to $ 9.00/shr on the charts, that would be amazing and fun too.

We have all of this and Amber coming to us shortly, what a great day.
    12-18-15 08:49 AM
    If it closes >= $9 I'm buying a Priv. I don't think we'll see that $10 level today.
    So anything above $8.. well $7 is probably okay...
    La Emperor likes this.
    12-18-15 08:50 AM
    I've bought myself too many Christmas gifts already. A new rifle, new sunglasses, speakers, couch, and a new power wheels toy for my son. However, I haven't bought myself a new years gift yet... that's a thing right? So about that priv...lol

12-18-15 08:51 AM
    Just admit you are wrong about that dip dammit! LOL

Here is a chart that gets you to $ 8.60/shr now that the 200-dma appears to be falling on huge volume.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Dec 18 2015.png 
Views:	1472 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	384881

Let's hear from someone else who can get you to $ 9.00/shr on the charts, that would be amazing and fun too.

We have all of this and Amber coming to us shortly, what a great day.
    Ya know it did hit $8.88/shr in premarket. So I say let's aim for $8.89 close lol.

12-18-15 08:55 AM
    Frigg, why am I sad about being happy!

Part of me is tempted to sell a third and then buy back on a dip, but the other part of me thinks this might be the day we've been waiting for

We've all been on this roller coaster and kicked ourselves for hindsight. I'm so fearful I will kick myself for finally parting with some shares...

Lol, good spot to be in at least!

Good luck and thanks to all for the great dumbing down of all this stuff for me

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 08:58 AM
    Not Amber yet...
    BNN - Watch TV Online | Blackberry's test

With Blackberry reporting a quarterly loss, Max Wolff, Managing Partner, Manhattan Venture Partners tells BNN the test for Blackberry now is whether it can move from survival to profit.
    12-18-15 09:00 AM
113,250 ... 37433744374537463747 ...