View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I only say a few things in this thread in between ER's and that is one of them:

Alea Jacta Est !

Good luck to all!

Posted via CB10
    Oh and this one as well: if they do beat expectations, I am getting myself a Priv as well! Fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 07:36 PM
    I only say a few things in this thread in between ER's and that is one of them:

Alea Jacta Est !

Good luck to all!

Posted via CB10
    LoL . . . "the dice are loaded"
    3MIKE, bizzarothor and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-17-15 07:50 PM
    Hey, Mike

Can you take photos with the case closed?

That's an issue I always have with flip cases is when trying to use 1 hand to take video or photos and hold a beer or something with the other hand.
    The case falls infront of the lens.

Sometimes I actually take the case off completely.

A case that allows it to be closed and take pics would be awesome

Posted via CB10
    No I can't, but like you said it would be awesome!
    12-17-15 07:59 PM
    Chen was confident a while back that revenue would increase this quarter so that should be a given.

Right now I'm cashed out. Ideally, for me, stock drops in AM, I buy, and then pops on forward guidance, but this is a long time coming and I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to enter back in between now and next ER.

Would hate to see the stock stuck in the same range it has been $7/$8 for another 3 months though so I wish you all the best of luck tomorrow.

I believe that the next ER will really be the one that solidifies the turnaround for WS.

Also, there's that unknown acquisition as well. We haven't heard from MS or Faucette... or really anyone which is odd, but makes me re-think if BlackBerry may actually buy Mobile Iron (MS' baby).

Would have to check what that valuation is, but it's a possibility. Just some random thoughts before tomorrow hits.

With that said, I've never purchased shares pre-market or AH and using TD so may have to check with them if there's additional fees or whatnot. Then again, I may let things play out and buy on any dip before the next ER.

This is just the start of the new BlackBerry. If everything is as guided, turnaround should officially start tomorrow.

We've all waited long enough.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    12-17-15 08:06 PM
    Chen was confident a while back that revenue would increase this quarter so that should be a given.

Right now I'm cashed out. Ideally, for me, stock drops in AM, I buy, and then pops on forward guidance, but this is a long time coming and I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to enter back in between now and next ER.

Would hate to see the stock stuck in the same range it has been $7/$8 for another 3 months though so I wish you all the best of luck tomorrow.

I believe that the next ER will really be the one that solidifies the turnaround for WS.

Also, there's that unknown acquisition as well. We haven't heard from MS or Faucette... or really anyone which is odd, but makes me re-think if BlackBerry may actually buy Mobile Iron (MS' baby).

Would have to check what that valuation is, but it's a possibility. Just some random thoughts before tomorrow hits.

With that said, I've never purchased shares pre-market or AH and using TD so may have to check with them if there's additional fees or whatnot. Then again, I may let things play out and buy on any dip before the next ER.

This is just the start of the new BlackBerry. If everything is as guided, turnaround should officially start tomorrow.

I'm with TD. AM/PM is for their 'big clients'. If they do let you make a trade, I think the fee is $100.
    3MIKE likes this.
    12-17-15 08:22 PM
    Looking forward to seing Amber, tomorrow...

12-17-15 08:56 PM
    OT: Press release from Business Wire

Hagens Berman: iPhone Users Sue Apple for Concealing Wi-Fi Defect Causing Data Overage Fees

News Sources - The Globe and Mail

The Defect – In Detail

In the iPhone 5 and 5S, when a consumer streamed high volumes of data for a period even as short as a couple of minutes, the graphics processing unit (GPU) would take over all video decompression, decoding and presentation to the display. Because the Swift central processing unit (CPU) no longer played a role in the video decompression, decoding and presentation process, the Swift CPU would go to sleep to conserve battery life. Once the Swift CPU was asleep, the iPhone 5 and 5S would automatically switch from streaming data via a Wi-Fi signal to streaming data via a cellular signal.
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    12-17-15 09:08 PM
    Hey guys, been busy recently and haven't been posting lately, but been keeping up with the thread. Major thanks to the regulars (if that's still allowed ), especially Corbu and morganplus8. I'm anxiously awaiting the results and forward projections tomorrow as everyone else is. Just a couple of thoughts from me here.

As others have pointed out, Chen has indicated on more than one occasion of rev growth in Q3 and Q4 and given that he hasn't been so specific like that in the past, I'm inclined to believe that this will happen. Now the reasonable followup is why would he be so confident in saying that? I think there are a few potential factors (and much of this has been stated by others) including licensing deals that he knew or was confident were going to close soon after Q2, Good's contribution to revenue after acquisition was closed, predictable SAF declines and lastly that BB10 hardware was showing signs of plateauing and the Priv would add a little in Q3 and more in Q4. I know that the Priv isn't likely to be a major factor in Q3 given only a few weeks of sales were within the quarter and marketing and carrier coverage hasn't necessarily been as much as some of us had hoped, but I remain cautiously bullish on this phone. With software updates providing significant improvements (according to most), and increased US carrier uptake as well as international releases, there is still much potential for this device. As a side note, I'd like to see Android M soon, but only if it is really ready to go for the Priv. It would be nice to market that as the device is picked up by more carriers to re-energize sales a little.

Anyway, after saying that, nobody knows what the news or guidance will be, but I'm cautiously optimistic that Q3 is the start to growth moving forward.

As regards the lack of 'channel checks' from MS, I have also been pretty surprised there has been silence there. I was expecting to hear about minimal supply, high return rates, and google play store numbers, but absolutely nothing. The MOBL angle certainly crossed my mind, but who knows. GL
    Corbu, sidhuk, morganplus8 and 8 others like this.
    12-17-15 10:06 PM
    I'm with TD. AM/PM is for their 'big clients'. If they do let you make a trade, I think the fee is $100.
    Thank you for the heads up! Definitely not one of their "big clients". Just a small fish playing in this game every now and then.

I am optimistic and would love to have my $6 shares back, but 2016 should be a nice growth year for BlackBerry and will jump back in when the dust settles if, as I expect, this ER can boost us out of the current trading range.

While on the sidelines, I'm also interested in hearing how many shares were bought and if they will continue to buy back shares throughout this quarter.

morganplus8, rarsen and 3MIKE like this.
    12-17-15 10:28 PM

I hope to see something new. Being yet another Android OEM or yet another EMM provider is not enough.
    10 years ago BlackBerry was an essential piece of tech infrastructure and its valuation reflected that. These days BlackBerry is irrelevant in the tech industry, there is nothing special about this company in its current form.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    12-17-15 10:51 PM
    OT - yet BlackBerry Security Related.

Future security focused dates involving SecuSmart, A Subsidiary of BlackBerry!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-logo_secusmart.png

Mobile World Congress 2016
    22/02/16 to 25/02/16,

RSA Conference 2016
    29/02/16 to 04/03/16,

Secusmart attends at the RSA Conference 2016 in San Francisco. Using the motto "Where the world talks Security" presents its portfolio of mobile secure communications solutions like the SecuSUITE for BlackBerry 10.

^ yeah BB10 is hear to stay boys and girls

CeBIT 2016
    14/03/16 to 18/03/16, Hannover

PS: Cost ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-secusuite_familie_ssc_rgb.png

Entreprenuer pricing:
    All Secusmart solutions make use of the Secusmart Security Card.
    2.500,- Euro net/ Secusmart Security Card (without Smartphone)

Consumer/Individual pricing:
    All Secusmart solutions make use of the Secusmart Security Card.
    2.975,- Euro inkl. tax/ Secusmart Security Card (without Smartphone)

See where my heart is at?!
    VERY interested to see USA Gov, UK and others across the globe dig into the lower BB10 device pricing and get these Secusmart Security Cards enabled for their top brass fleet.

To key elements vs others solutions ...
    Securely connect with more people
    With some of the other solutions on the market, you’re limited to calling people on a single mobile phone carrier—the same one you’re on. That’s not the case with SecuSUITE for Enterprise. It’s hosted in the BlackBerry Infrastructure, which provides a direct connection to more than 600 carriers around the globe.
    SecuSUITE for Enterprise provides more secure connections to the people you need to talk to, inside and outside your organization, and across phone networks globally. It also delivers the same reliable performance over Wi-Fi�, so you can connect in all the ways you need to.

Easy-to-use

SecuSUITE for Enterprise is a software-based solution designed to be easy and intuitive to use, so there’s no learning curve.
    On iOS and Android devices, open the app to make secure calls and exchange secure text messages. On BlackBerry 10 devices, SecuSUITE for Enterprise is completely integrated, so you can make secure calls the same way you make everyday calls.

A few pages back I showed how SecuSmart highlighted the BB Priv .... I think since they've already had an BB10 (initially since 2013), iOS and Android solution BB should REALLY PUSH THIS OUT THERE ... especially with John Chen's public take on security!

UT blogs
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screenshot_2015-11-22-21-37-39-576x1024.png
    Last edited by Supa_Fly1; 12-17-15 at 11:21 PM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-17-15 10:58 PM
    I hope to see something new. Being yet another Android OEM or yet another EMM provider is not enough.
    10 years ago BlackBerry was an essential piece of tech infrastructure and its valuation reflected that. These days BlackBerry is irrelevant in the tech industry, there is nothing special about this company in its current form.
    Ahem read my post just below yours and tell me just how irrelevant BlackBerry is again?
    * KEY: Consumer perception unfortunately far outweighs Business or Governments requirements and perception ... funny enough this ONLY affects stock price ... not revenue or going-concern as a business ... because the latter two spend HUGE and VAST amounts of dollars not sub-$1000 chump change just for a device ... they purchase security, assurance, platforms and assurity!
    12-17-15 11:00 PM
    SF which dog?? Lol
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qkuu0Lw...E1&PC=RIMBINGD
    Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    That one, when Bootsy leashed !
    12-18-15 02:30 AM
    I you're looking for something new (autonomous cars), then maybe you shouldn't be into BB(RY). BlackBerry being another Android OEM with no differentiation ( PKB, security, Hub), then get out of BlackBerry. If it's not enough to be the premiere EMM provider, then leave. If BlackBerry is irrelevant ( healthcar), then why are youe, QNX, BBM, , IP, autotainment, governments first choice, AtHok,), then why are you here?
    12-18-15 04:55 AM
    Please. . . Don't feed the Critters.
    ZayDub, ibpluto, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    12-18-15 04:59 AM
    A little bit early eh bunga?

#BBFactCheck
    ZayDub, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 3 others like this.
    12-18-15 05:03 AM
    A little bit early eh bunga?

#BBFactCheck
    Twirly for sure.
    Mr BBRY, La Emperor and 3MIKE like this.
    12-18-15 05:04 AM
    What times the Earnings released? Debating staying up in OZ.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 05:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    You only have to stay up for another hour twenty minutes. Do it!

Good luck to all today!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 05:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    "Soon"

The earnings call is at 8am eastern time and I assume they will be released before the call.

http://ca.blackberry.com/company/inv...documents.html

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 05:41 AM
    You only have to stay up for another hour twenty minutes. Do it!

Good luck to all today!

Posted via CB10
    Hour and 20? Release at 7 or 730 right? Then CC at 8.

12-18-15 05:42 AM
    Greetings from Puerto Rico! Looks like today is the big day for BBRY! Here are some beautiful pictures to hopefully set the tone for positive news from BlackBerry later! These were all taken with the Passport SE and I must say, I think the picture quality is amazing with this device. I've been using the device as my sole camera on this trip (the Classic for communication) and I can not tell you the numerous times ppl have complimented this device! People genuinely seem astounded, intrigued and amazed when they see this hardware! BlackBerry should really market this thing more!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151216_094159.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151216_094156.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151215_120321.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151215_120309.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151215_120319.jpg

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    12-18-15 05:45 AM
    . . . as they circle overhead . . . LoL
    12-18-15 05:50 AM
    Yesss!

Posted via Priv
    12-18-15 06:02 AM
    What what, I don't see any news yet

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 06:03 AM
113,256 ... 37393740374137423743 ...