View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I would like to see that too but we have to be realistic here and a licensing deal makes them profitable along with some traction in software that is to hit in the latter part of F2016. We spent a year above $ 10.00 a share on far less optimism and we know that there is a huge short position that could be in the wrong direction as of tomorrow. There are ways to get us to 52-week highs this time around and that final push would come from Chen hinting that we are back in the phone hardware business for good. We'll see, but this is a great time of the year to be fully invested so who knows. GL
    When BB10 launched, we touched almost $18. With Android launch, market hasn't been so optimistic.
    12-17-15 11:10 AM
    When BB10 launched, we touched almost $18. With Android launch, market hasn't been so optimistic.
    I don't want optimistic I want hard data this time around and BlackBerry can deliver that with a simple statement and some growth numbers. I want to get to $ 18.00/shr and stay there with analysts raising their targets to $ 22.00 and higher and holding those targets. I'm sure you are looking for the same. We will know a great deal more in a few hours. GL
    12-17-15 11:28 AM
    Waiting to see The Force Awakens tomorrow with BB, GL to all !
    12-17-15 11:30 AM
    http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/technolo...ales-1.3367788

"Phones are lasting longer, and the replacement cycle has lengthened considerably over the last two or three years," he said.*
    Last edited by CDM76; 12-17-15 at 12:07 PM.
    12-17-15 11:47 AM
    Smartphone sales slow down amid better phones, contract rules - Technology & Science - CBC News

"Phones are lasting longer, and the replacement cycle has lengthened considerably over the last two or three years," he said.*
    Well, I am walking proof that, that Theory is false!

Just arrived 20 minutes ago! LoL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151217_140922.jpg
    lech31, cjcampbell, Corbu and 10 others like this.
    12-17-15 12:30 PM
    Well, I am walking proof that, that Theory is false!

Just arrived 20 minutes ago! LoL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151217_140922.jpg 
Views:	699 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	384777
    Okay that brings my count to 48 units sold. Lol

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, bungaboy, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    12-17-15 12:49 PM
    BlackBerry Earnings: What to Watch - WSJ

Focus will be on what impact the company’s new Android-based Priv device is having on sales

BlackBerry Ltd. is scheduled to report its latest financial results before markets open on Friday. The focus will be on what impact the smartphone company’s new Android-based Priv device, launched in November, is having on hardware sales. On the software side, investors will be looking for contributions from recently completed acquisitions, including Good Technology Corp. Here are a few things to watch:

EARNINGS FORECAST: Analysts expect the company to report a loss of 14 cents a share in the fiscal third quarter, compared with a 1 cent operating profit a year earlier, according to a Thomson Reuters poll. BlackBerry reported a worse-than-expected adjusted loss of 13 cents a share in the fiscal second quarter.

REVENUE FORECAST: Analysts expect revenue of $489 million in the quarter. That would be down from $793 million a year earlier but in line with the $490 million in revenue it recorded in the fiscal second quarter.

WHAT TO WATCH:

PRIV IMPACT: The Priv is meant to stand out among competing Android phones in part because it incorporates BlackBerry’s encryption technology, still considered the gold standard for mobile security by many governments and companies. Both RBC Capital Markets and Raymond James Financial expect that, thanks to Priv sales, BlackBerry will recognize revenue on about 900,000 handsets in the third quarter, up from 800,000 devices in the previous quarter.

SOFTWARE REVENUE: BlackBerry is targeting revenue from software and services of $500 million this fiscal year. In the fiscal second quarter, revenue from those sources came to $74 million, down from $137 million in the first quarter. This time around, analysts are hoping for sequential growth. They say recent purchases, including Good Technology and another company, AtHoc, could help BlackBerry achieve that.

OUTLOOK: Investors will carefully weigh any comments on the company’s outlook. The company has guided for “sustainable non-GAAP profitability” during the fiscal fourth quarter, which ends Feb. 29, 2016.
    12-17-15 01:09 PM
    12-17-15 01:13 PM
    Can someone tell me if today is the day that Walmart makes good on delivering their online purchases? Shouldn't they be posting that Priv's are available to ship now? Thanks
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    12-17-15 01:17 PM
    I've not been on the thread enough today ... no chartin', BBJ
    Have to go, but hey; W.S : I'm here !
    12-17-15 01:21 PM
    OT, But just couldnt. LOL
    what do you mean by "BBJ"? with happy face.
    12-17-15 01:25 PM
    Maybe he is for some fun, but she has a stutter!

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    12-17-15 01:29 PM
    Good laugh!

I have been scanning all the threads you have participated in! Looking for that Nasdaq chart! I have not found anything yet, but if I do you will be banned. LMAO!

BBJ is short for BBJDOG, Sid!

GL to all tomorrow morning!!!

12-17-15 01:31 PM
    BBRY down to $7.90. After bouncing off resistance at $7.33. To me, doesn't matter too much. The numbers and CC tomorrow will drive the price.

OT: M8. I've been watching ECA everyday and thinking "wow....even if this isn't the bottom it sure is getting cheaper and cheaper and it looks like I could start averaging in...". What are your thoughts on this one?
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    12-17-15 01:32 PM
    Can someone tell me if today is the day that Walmart makes good on delivering their online purchases? Shouldn't they be posting that Priv's are available to ship now? Thanks
    I have been checking Walmart local pick up for my area and the ship to store date has been pushed back twice. First, it was 12/18 then 12/21 and now 12/22. I think this might be a good sign that earlier shipment date orders are spoken for. Of course, it could also mean there is a delay in shipment- unlikely I think.
    12-17-15 01:33 PM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I don't want optimistic I want hard data this time around and BlackBerry can deliver that with a simple statement and some growth numbers. I want to get to $ 18.00/shr and stay there with analysts raising their targets to $ 22.00 and higher and holding those targets. I'm sure you are looking for the same. We will know a great deal more in a few hours. GL
    Yes! Yes and Yes!!! It's time Chen!!! Not selling a share below $18....

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 01:40 PM
    BlackBerry Jam? Don't think! LoL
    sidhuk, 3MIKE and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-17-15 01:43 PM
    BBRY down to $7.90. After bouncing off resistance at $7.33. To me, doesn't matter too much. The numbers and CC tomorrow will drive the price.

OT: M8. I've been watching ECA everyday and thinking "wow....even if this isn't the bottom it sure is getting cheaper and cheaper and it looks like I could start averaging in...". What are your thoughts on this one?
    I'm watching so many things right now including ECA, I love the company, it will be a survivor, I own quite a bit of it and love it down here. Funds can still get it off their books this year so I like to buy when they like to dump. I can see it doubling in 6 months time, at some point, energy will cost us a fortune with nearly 50% of energy companies in a position to go under. ECA isn't one of them so I would like to load up after BlackBerry reports tomorrow.

Re: BlackBerry, we were strong for 6.7 MM shares and now we are down for 1.1 MM so far, no surprise after we touched the 200-dma today when the DOW was on its feet, now, we are seeing nerves get the best of buyers. There is still time to see even more fireworks in this trade.

I can tell you, I'm shopping for so many different plays right now, you just have to remember how cheap certain stocks got late December last year only to have huge rallies shortly thereafter. No different this year.

You are so right, a close on BBRY at $ 7.00 or $ 9.00 won't mean a thing as of the pre-market tomorrow morning. Today it is all noise.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    12-17-15 01:44 PM
    BlackBerry Jam? Don't think! LoL
    Jam that you spread on toast or what? Lol

BlackBerry Jam sounds like a good name for a band.

bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    12-17-15 01:47 PM
    Gents: It appears the sleeper Cell Secret Code has been issued! Silly Season has arrived!

Last edited by bungaboy; 12-17-15 at 01:59 PM.
    sidhuk, Corbu, cjcampbell and 4 others like this.
    12-17-15 01:49 PM
    I'm watching so many things right now including ECA,....
    Is ARWR on your watch list by any chance? I hope you do cause that's the one I'd like to ride my retirement on. They have potential to make big moves in the next couple of quarters when Monarch data come in.
    12-17-15 02:14 PM
    Thank you!

Such a waste of time...
    12-17-15 02:47 PM
    I was told that BB10 no longer being updated? Who ever it was, is wrong. But, some people want the OS to be updated because other's have been. But why? If my phone is working fine and has no security threat, I am fine with my bb10 passport silver edition.
    This just showed up

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151217_144932.png

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, La Emperor and 7 others like this.
    12-17-15 02:52 PM
    OT SPHS so my friends got me worried as the price kept dropping so I sold Monday at 1.45/share I bought in at 1/share cause I saw it steadily dropping for no reason. Now it's climbing for no news reason bahh I'm worried if I jump back it's going to fall again
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and 3MIKE like this.
    12-17-15 02:54 PM
    Info!

BUZZ-BlackBerry loses ground ahead of quarterly report (Thomson Reuters)

** US shares of smartphone maker BlackBerry down 3.3 pct ahead of Q3 report expected early on Friday

** Analysts on avg expect Q3 rev of $489 mln and a 14 cent loss, according to Thomson Reuters data

** Consensus estimates for Q4: rev of $529 mln and a 10 cent loss

** On Thursday, options activity was largely bearish as traders braced for a larger-than-usual earnings-related move, according to Trade Alert

** Cost of ATM straddle suggest 10.5 pct move in either direction by Friday vs avg 6.4 pct move on the day after results last 8 qtrs

** Company's smartphone market share has been crippled by popularity of iPhones and Android devices. It is pursuing a turnaround plan based on selling more software

** BlackBerry's EPS has beaten expectations in five of past eight quarters, but in Q2 missed by 44 pct

** Stock is down 28 pct in 2015 and short interest stood at 15 pct of outstanding shares at end of November vs 14.1 pct in mid-November

sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    12-17-15 03:03 PM
113,256 ... 37373738373937403741 ...