• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ummary/?q=BB-T

Quote:
    Shares have outperformed the S&P TSX by 7.28% during the last year

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    12-16-15 05:56 PM
    Oh **** it looks like we pulled apple in the green with us.
    Attachment 384654
    Some analysts say apple stock is starting to go from bullish, to bearish.
    iPhone sales seem to have plateaued, and there isn't a product that is big enough to save them yet

'it all started with the  Priv...'
    12-16-15 06:21 PM
    ...he already removed the Priv picture...lil'sheep

Posted with a BlackBerry Priv.
    12-16-15 06:47 PM
    Amusant!
    Ici, je pensais l' OP de ce fil allait �tre banni � vie . � quoi je pensais!!

D'accord, vous pouvez continuer � poster ces cartes aussi longtemps que BlackBerry se termine sur le green . lol
    Funny indeed, bbj!

The avid golfer that he is, I am sure the OP always manages to finish on the green!
    12-16-15 06:47 PM
    12-16-15 06:50 PM
    OT: Ashley Madison hack not the wake-up call some expected, experts say

Ashley Madison hack not the wake-up call some expected, experts say - The Globe and Mail

". . . Yet aside from the titillation and moral outrage associated with the adultery site, the Ashley Madison leak was no different than any other significant breach, said Carmi Levy, a technology analyst based in London, Ont.

“Every time there’s a major security breach of any kind, there’s a whirlwind of activity around it, everyone becomes indignant, everyone talks about it, everyone worries, there’s chaos and of course there are promises flying left, right and centre,” he said.

But as the crisis fades, many of those promises are unfulfilled, Levy said.

“We get back into the day-to-day...and improving security infrastructure and changing processes to keep the bad guys out simply becomes a lower priority, and in many cases, it simply never filters to the top of the priority list – until the next crisis occurs, and then the same cycle repeats anew.” . . . "
    3MIKE, Corbu, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    12-16-15 06:52 PM
    The Ashley Madison hack showed a dark underbelly of the Investment Banking industry. Ashley Madison was on their eve of an IPO with a Billion dollar valuation. Major investors in the private equity deals that Ashley Madison used as startup capital were getting ready for a big payout.

After months of due diligence on the part of Investors, FINRA, the SEC, and everyone associated with "Going Public" - no one discovered that there were 40million male accounts and 2000 female accounts, most of which had never been logged in with, and no one noticed the small print on the website that said you could be chatting with another dude pretending to be a woman, or a bot.

So what we really have here is a prime example of the private equity markets attempting to get back their investment at the public's expense. Those private equity brokers were drooling at being able to "get out" of AM with their profit. Somehow along the way they overlooked the fact that the entire company and offering was a scam?

I don't buy it.

Ashley Madison demonstrated something very ugly about US & Canadian capital markets, and if you think Government Agencies are out there to protect you from a pump-and-dump scam like this, definitely reconsider your thought process.
    12-16-15 07:26 PM
    OT:
    Self-driving cars 'must have driver', regulators insist - BBC News

The draft also adds requirements for manufacturers to ensure that vehicles are protected from cyber attacks.
    12-16-15 07:29 PM
    vous parlez fran�ais comme une vache espagnole !!! :roflol:

Posted via CB10
    Hey be nice to the Spanish cow, it's Christmas time. Lol

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    rarsen, bungaboy, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    12-16-15 07:36 PM
    Funny indeed, bbj!

The avid golfer that he is, I am sure the OP always manages to finish on the green!
    My French is perfectly written! Why are you and SF picking on me today?
    I'm going to play a card game and forget about the day! LMAO

Cheers mate and all the best this Friday!!!!!!!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-16-15 07:55 PM
    12-16-15 08:09 PM
    A quick follow-up...

Two months to the day of it being published, the "Introducing PRIV" video has had 956,304 views. Pretty respectable, I say!

12-16-15 09:15 PM
    Nobody is guessing for ER.

I'll go.

540M rev
    700K devices including 150K priv; 260 ASP
    2.9B cash

182M hardware.
    105M software excl IP
    80M IP license agreement
    173M SAF

Posted via CB10
    the previous quarter revenue was 490 right?
    Chen said we'd hit rock bottom and things would be going up from there.
    how much of Good's revenue can they add to the books? a whole quarter?
    Good had 200+ in revenue for 2014. so let's say 50/quarter. without taking into account any growth on their part.
    that leaves us at 540 of total revenue this quarter for BB.

if it's any less than 550...ugh.

basically Chen needs to show at least a little bit of growth in revenues without taking Good into account.
    12-16-15 10:49 PM
    if anyone wants to read, there is also a podcast you can listen to with the author.
    Victim of Success: The Rise and Fall of BlackBerry

Victim of Success: The Rise and Fall of BlackBerry - Knowledge@Wharton
    12-16-15 11:01 PM
    if anyone wants to read, there is also a podcast you can listen to with the author.
    Victim of Success: The Rise and Fall of BlackBerry

Victim of Success: The Rise and Fall of BlackBerry - Knowledge@Wharton

I'll wait for the next one : Success: The Rise and Fall and Rise of BlackBerry
    12-17-15 01:25 AM
    MASSIVE OT : "Learn French with Superfly" series

So much some call me the Spanish birdie (eventually !) lol

Hey be nice to the Spanish cow, it's Christmas time. Lol
    Have you ever seen a mean cow ?

My French is perfectly written! Why are you and SF picking on me today?
    I'm going to play a card game and forget about the day! LMAO
    In French we'd say : "je vais jouer aux billes" ou "je retourne sur mon tas de sable avec mon seau et ma pelle"

But you're right, you were almost perfect ! kudos
    Funny!
    Here I was thinking the OP of this thread was going to be banned for life. What was I thinking!!
    Okay, you can keep posting those charts as long as BlackBerry finishes on the green. Lol
    Amusant !
    Et moi qui pensais que l'auteur de ce sujet allait �tre banni � vie; quelle erreur !
    Allez, tant que BlackBerry finit dans le vert, il peut bien continuer � publier ces graphiques. mdr (mort de rire)

Have a great day all, bbjdog, we love ya !

Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-17-15 at 03:27 AM.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-17-15 02:51 AM
    BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) En Route to Recovery, Ratings Up: FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NYSE:FDS), SAP SE (NYSE:SAP) | Streetwise Report

Shares of BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) [Detail Analytic Report] moved up 2.05% during early trading session on Tuesday as Mark Sue,analyst at RBC Capital Markets stated that the Priv launch and the buyout of Good Technology mark the furthest progress� the firm has made to date in its transition to a software-only business. BlackBerry released the Priv in November throughout several markets, including Canada, UK and US.
    Sue added BlackBerry intends to launch distribution of the Priv to other geographies during the coming several months, which helps sustain the product cycle. He stated that third quarter would be the first quarter with a contribution from the Priv, which mean support a reversal in hardware shipment declines and sequential revenue growth. BlackBerry is anticipated to announce revenue on 900k handsets in third quarter, up from 800k second quarter.

Sue stated that they�re looking for $98Million software revenue third quarter, up from $74 Million second quarter on the acquisition of Athoc and growth in IP licensing and enterprise software; one month earlier close of the Good buyout implies another $13 Million software revenue third quarter. The combination of Good Technology and BlackBerrycould result in $500Million in software revenue in Fiscal 2016. The analyst expects the firm to release its IoT asset tracking solution in early next year. The firm may launch another Android-based device, codenamed Vienna, in next year.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    12-17-15 03:26 AM
    OT - KBIO - Well there goes that one. Shkreli was arrested on securities fraud relating to past dealings with Retrophin.
    12-17-15 05:50 AM
    OT - KBIO - Well there goes that one. Shkreli was arrested on securities fraud relating to past dealings with Retrophin.
    Wow lol...on day 27 of 30 of my holding period smdh! That dirtbag couldn't wait 3 more days to get arrested lol??! Oh well...can't win them all

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    12-17-15 06:00 AM
    Wow lol...on day 27 of 30 of my holding period smdh! That dirtbag couldn't wait 3 more days to get arrested lol??! Oh well...can't win them all

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    I was rooting for you too. You were up a couple of dollars too if I remember your entry point correct.
    ZayDub, 3MIKE and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-17-15 06:25 AM
    I was rooting for you too. You were up a couple of dollars too if I remember your entry point correct.
    Thanks I'm surprised it held as long as it did. I got in around $19.4. Maybe it will rebound if it still holds double digits.

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    12-17-15 06:31 AM
    Thanks I'm surprised it held as long as it did. I got in around $19.4. Maybe it will rebound if it still holds double digits.

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Well it's still halted so anything can still happen.
    ZayDub likes this.
    12-17-15 06:54 AM
    Great news for real BioTech isn't it? There's no need for legislature to deal with these scumbags.
    Last edited by finecognac; 12-17-15 at 07:21 AM.
    12-17-15 07:06 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151217_135021.jpg
    See the KB? May be one of the very first in town
    Just had it 10 minutes in hands, really feel solid.
    Was worried abt the KB, coming from PP, but... no! Seems really cool too!
    So, just a quick return for you guys, more later in appropriate section!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 07:14 AM
    Not if the mix is 50/50 or even 60/40 Priv:BB10. That would be a huge number of high priced Privs (vs 100-150K this quarter....we hope), big ASP increase, big hardware rev increase. Put it this way...not doing the math....about another 120M in Q/Q revenue from hardware alone.
    IF they only sell 1.25M smartphones in the next Q, that would be a huge letdown.

1. Q4 includes XMas / Holiday season.
    2. All we hear about are sell-outs.
    3. Q4 should include all the launches (all regions + no more exclusive for AT&T) of the PRIV.
    4. 1.25M / Q is roughly breakeven positive. WHY would we be happy with having a supposedly amazing device out that is consumer compatible + great BB10 devices and we break even???
    5. BlackBerry actually marketed the PRIV.

So again, I say 1.25M devices in the next Q would be a HUGE letdown. BUT, 850.000 reported tomorrow will be HUGE and means there is no chance that the next Q will be only 1.25M.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    12-17-15 07:25 AM
113,256 ... 37353736373737383739 ...