702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Dream scenario for Friday:

+ EPS
    +Q/Q hardware units sell through
    + Q/Q rev
    +Q/Q software
    substantial +Q/Q QNX auto impact (do they break this down?)
    + IP licensing (recurring not one time)
    + forecast of hitting 1.25M device sales for Q4
    + reiterate sustainable profit ongoing
    12-16-15 01:34 PM
    Congratulations cj with SUNE I'm jealous!!
    Not currently in but it's provided some nice trades, including this morning, over the past little bit. I can't bring myself to hold this one due to the sheer volatility.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    12-16-15 01:34 PM
    OT:
    Anyone owns SCTY around here? Good day on account of last night's Congress deal, I understand.
    No but wish I bought a few days ago. What a run. Just had a massive drop a few minutes ago. Talk about a choppy market following the announcement. Not sure why as it's been fully expected.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    12-16-15 01:36 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Yahhhhhhhoooooo !
    CDM76, rarsen, q649 and 6 others like this.
    12-16-15 01:47 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1008 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	384652

Yahhhhhhhoooooo !
    If this goes south, you are not allowed to post these charts again. Banned for life! LMAO

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-16-15 01:56 PM
    Oh **** it looks like we pulled apple in the green with us.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151216_150719.png
    12-16-15 02:07 PM

+ EPS
    + Q/Q rev
    +Q/Q software
    I would add my favourite which is to hear that BlackBerry purchased the remaining 21 MM shares at an average price of $ 7.10/shr.

We are well outside the Bollinger Band restraints right now and look to close outside them in a few more minutes. This is so bullish and shows you where money is leaning for BlackBerry stock. All we need is your outline to happen and you can see how a sub $ 8.00 BBRY makes no sense. We have closed above $ 11.00 on far less optimism and something has to give on Friday if the outlook for BB is so much better than it has been implied in the past 6-months.
    12-16-15 02:12 PM
    I definitely would like to see what John Chen, a CEO who has been selling hardware for about two years and currently is selling less than 1 million handsets per quarter would be able to tell a company that sells a almost one million devices per day.
    The only ceo that really helped Apple was Steve Jobs. A man with a vision. And right now Apple needs a clearer vision of what is ahead. Just saying
    3MIKE likes this.
    12-16-15 02:21 PM
    Two other bits of info from Maynard Um, FTR:

Um thinks the Priv can help average selling prices for BlackBerry, and he raises his hardware estimates, writing:

BBRY’s new Android handset, Priv, was reported as having sold out online at Walmart and Best Buy. While this would be a good a start on a relative basis, we believe unit volumes are small and that BBRY will have to prove the sustainability of any unit strength. That said, the $699 ASP should help revs and gross margins and we raise our hardware rev to $224.1MM from $201.7MM and our gross margin to 3.7% from -14.7%.

[...]

He still wonders, however, if BlackBerry CEO John Chen will look to exit hardware:

We raise our valuation range to $7-$8 from $6.50-$7.10 based on a sum of the parts. The real question, in our opinion, is whether management will be satisfied with hardware losses or if the company will take strategic actions to exit the business. If the latter, how the company chooses to exit the business could have varying impacts on the P&L and cash flow.
    BlackBerry Set to Beat FYQ3 Estimates, Says Wells; ?Priv? May Help - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    12-16-15 02:37 PM
    Holy strong here! We haven't seen this kind of action this close to an ER in ages!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 02:38 PM
    Bit of a Rev limiter at $8.20... let's see if we can break that barrier

sidhuk, 3MIKE and bungaboy like this.
    12-16-15 02:49 PM

+ EPS
    + Q/Q rev
    +Q/Q software
    I am all of your points EXCEPT forecasting only 1.25M device sales for Q4. That would be a huge letdown.
    12-16-15 02:51 PM
    Holy strong here! We haven't seen this kind of action this close to an ER in ages!

Posted via CB10
    This is the highest close in 6 months, the largest seller of BBRY this week just turned into a buyer 10 minutes ago, (Credit Suisse) and volume has picked up substantially while the stock makes new intraday highs. It doesn't get much better than that.

Now let's hope that Chen has booked the day for news and interviews as it could be his Conor Mcgregor moment on Friday, LOL
    Merboy6969, lech31, Corbu and 14 others like this.
    12-16-15 02:55 PM
    12-16-15 03:03 PM
    I am all of your points EXCEPT forecasting only 1.25M device sales for Q4. That would be a huge letdown.
    Not if the mix is 50/50 or even 60/40 Priv:BB10. That would be a huge number of high priced Privs (vs 100-150K this quarter....we hope), big ASP increase, big hardware rev increase. Put it this way...not doing the math....about another 120M in Q/Q revenue from hardware alone.
    12-16-15 03:04 PM
    12-16-15 03:05 PM
    This is the highest close in 6 months, the largest seller of BBRY this week just turned into a buyer 10 minutes ago, (Credit Suisse) and volume has picked up substantially while the stock makes new intraday highs. It doesn't get much better than that.

Now let's hope that Chen has booked the day for news and interviews as it could be his Conor Mcgregor moment on Friday, LOL

Now will the shorts want to keep it below $8.23-25 resistance at the close tomorrow.....
    12-16-15 03:07 PM
    Reading material

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/12/...s-to-go-phish/

Corbu, sidhuk, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    12-16-15 03:12 PM
    Interesting spread trade that just happened as Someone is buying about 3,500 (or 350,000 shares) of the $8 options that expire this week and selling 2X as many of the $9 options (sold 7,000 or 700,000 shares) that expire the same day. Effectively they are bullish saying that BBRY will rise a little, but not much above $10 this week. They are spending a penny per contract (they sell 2 contracts at $9 for $.15 and buy 1 contract at $8 for $.31 so a penny net cost) by doing this. The risk is if BBRY goes way above $10, as they are naked those shares and have to buy back the calls they sold to close. They lose is BBRY goes above $10 as at that price or below they make a little money
    An example if they are long 1000 shares of BBRY at $8 and then short 2X at $9, so if it gets to $10, they make $2000 and lose $2000, but above that it's a loss

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kadakn01; 12-16-15 at 03:28 PM.
    12-16-15 03:15 PM
    Interesting spread trade that just happened as Someone is buying about 3,500 (or 350,000 shares) of the $8 options that expire this week and selling 2X as many of the $9 options (sold 7,000 or 700,000 shares) that expire the same day. Effectively they are bullish saying that BBRY will rise a little, but not much above $9 this week. They are spending a penny per contract (they sell 2 contracts at $9 for $.15 and buy 1 contract at $8 for $.31 so a penny net cost) by doing this. The risk is if BBRY goes way above $10, as they are naked those shares and have to buy back the calls they sold to close. They lose is BBRY goes above $10 as at that price or below they make a little money

Posted via CB10
    My thinking is that they own 350,000 shares now and would like to blow the whole thing out on Friday at the equivalent of $ 9.15/shr. They want the leverage to offset the potential runaway of the stock. The whole trade gives them the equivalent of $ 10.00/shr on the original 350,000 shares. That's a great gain for one day and they are ready to write puts on Monday.
    lech31, sidhuk, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    12-16-15 03:31 PM
    If this goes south, you are not allowed to post these charts again. Banned for life! LMAO

Pfiouuu... $8.20, I'm safe !!!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, 3MIKE, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    12-16-15 03:43 PM
    Funny!
    Here I was thinking the OP of this thread was going to be banned for life. What was I thinking!!

Okay, you can keep posting those charts as long as BlackBerry finishes on the green. Lol

Amusant!
    Ici, je pensais l' OP de ce fil allait �tre banni � vie . � quoi je pensais!!

D'accord, vous pouvez continuer � poster ces cartes aussi longtemps que BlackBerry se termine sur le green . lol

Last edited by bbjdog; 12-16-15 at 04:50 PM.
    12-16-15 04:22 PM
    12-16-15 04:24 PM
    Now will the shorts want to keep it below $8.23-25 resistance at the close tomorrow.....
    Not sure that the shorts have as much weight to throw around as they used to. We've seen a constant decline over the last couple months, and clearly more are bailing this week, as evidence by the running SP.

Anyone else hoping that alongside the surprise profit that BlackBerry posts, they announced that they will carry on with another 21million share buyback?

We know Chen is a financial engineer, but I'm starting to get the feeling that he knows how to put down a solid foundation for the share price as well. It's as if he's doing a 4-step turnaround on the share price as well, where we're now entering the restructuring phase.
    12-16-15 05:49 PM
    Funny!
    Here I was thinking the OP of this thread was going to be banned for life. What was I thinking!!

Okay, you can keep posting those charts as long as BlackBerry finishes on the green. Lol

Amusant!
    Ici, je pensais l' OP de ce fil allait �tre banni � vie . � quoi je pensais!!

D'accord, vous pouvez continuer � poster ces cartes aussi longtemps que BlackBerry se termine sur le green . lol

vous parlez fran�ais comme une vache espagnole !!! :roflol:

Posted via CB10
    W Hoa, bungaboy, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    12-16-15 05:49 PM
113,256 ... 37343735373637373738 ...