View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm having trouble with the scrolling ability on my SE Passport keyboard. If anyone here knows how to fix it, please help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...sport-1053941/

Thanks in advance.
    12-14-15 05:23 AM
    Greetings from Puerto Rico! Arrived last night and will be on vacation for the next week, or so, past ER! Hope everyone has a splendid week and Good Luck Friday!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151213_162507.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151213_164024.jpg
    Attachment 384359

*Edit* this is my 1st real time trying to use the Panorama function on BB10 lol

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151213_163241_panorama.jpg  
    CDM76, cjcampbell, Mr BBRY and 8 others like this.
    12-14-15 05:32 AM
    Android privacy.

Attachment 384278

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    That's one place to definitely use a protector like DTEK!
    I think DTEK is the wire lattice in the middle
    ZayDub, bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    12-14-15 06:12 AM
    I'm having trouble with the scrolling ability on my SE Passport keyboard. If anyone here knows how to fix it, please help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...sport-1053941/

Thanks in advance.
    Go to setting and then choose language and input, then scroll down and choose touch enable keyboard and then make sure it's turned on.
    If you are still having problems.
    Do a backup of your phone, then do a security wipe on the phone (just make sure your SD card is decrypted first). If the sd card is not decrypted before the security wipe, it will become inaccessible.
    Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-14-15 at 08:08 AM.
    12-14-15 07:43 AM
    What BlackBerry needs to beat on Friday

BlackBerry Ltd will report its Q3 2016 earnings results on Friday, December 18 before market open. Analysts expect the company to post non-GAAP revenues of $488 million, compared to last quarter�s non-GAAP revenues of $491 million, and a non-GAAP loss of ($0.15) per share, compared to last quarter�s non-GAAP loss of ($0.13) per share.... On a more positive note, stores such as Walmart and BestBuy sold out of the company�s Priv Android smartphone in early December, causing the stock price to surge. Analysts will be looking to see if this recent success is indicative of John Chen�s efforts to turn the company around.
    12-14-15 08:26 AM
    Go to setting and then choose language and input, then scroll down and choose touch enable keyboard and then make sure it's turned on.
    If you are still having problems.
    Do a backup of your phone, then do a security wipe on the phone (just make sure your SD card is decrypted first). If the sd card is not decrypted before the security wipe, it will become inaccessible.
    HUH!?!

I will try to reboot it when I come home. I don't know my password by heart since I never have to use it since my Passport NEVER runs out of battery. If the reboot works, super.

If not, then I will go over your steps. Thanks.
    12-14-15 08:28 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    What BlackBerry needs to beat on Friday
    Did CEO Chen not say that he expected revenue this reporting quarter to beat last quarter and that next quarter after that would beat prior quarter.. in other words.. we have turned the corner and last quarter was bottom?... hope so....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 12-14-15 at 08:43 AM.
    12-14-15 08:30 AM
    HUH!?!

I will try to reboot it when I come home. I don't know my password by heart since I never have to use it since my Passport NEVER runs out of battery. If the reboot works, super.

If not, then I will go over your steps. Thanks.
    Was your keyboard settings on or off??

zlatno likes this.
    12-14-15 08:40 AM
    OT:
    Samsung Adding Pressure-Sensitive Display, High-Speed Charging Port to Galaxy S7 - WSJ

South Korean tech major is also considering a retina scanner for some versions of the new flagship smartphone

SEOUL� Samsung Electronics Co. will add a pressure-sensitive display and a new high-speed charging port to its coming line of flagship smartphones slated to be launched in March, according to people familiar with the matter.

The South Korean technology company is also considering adding a retina scanner to some versions of the flagship device, though with three months to go, these people said that features could change.

The improvements to the new Galaxy S7 smartphone, as the new device will be called, aren�t a major departure from its predecessor, the Galaxy S6.

Like this year�s flagship device, the new smartphone will be offered alongside a premium curved-screen version, called the Galaxy S7 Edge, the people said.

A spokesman for Samsung declined to comment.

The success of the new phone will be an early test for Samsung�s new mobile chief, D.J. Koh, whom Samsung recently promoted in hopes that new leadership can revive the fortunes of the world�s biggest smartphone maker after two years of disappointing sales.

As part of a broader annual reshuffle at Samsung earlier this month, Mr. Koh, Samsung�s former head of mobile research and development, took over from longtime mobile chief J.K. Shin, and will now oversee mobile R&D, product planning, design, manufacturing and sales and marketing.

Mr. Koh will need the new flagship to be successful. After last year�s Galaxy S5 flopped, this year�s Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge were praised by consumers. However, Mr. Shin misjudged demand for the popular curved-screen version, resulting in a second straight year of mobile profit declines.

In some ways, the changes involving the Galaxy S7 will be less striking than those made earlier this year, when Samsung added the curved-screen companion to the Galaxy S6 and redesigned the look and feel of the handsets. Next year�s flagship will look largely similar to the Galaxy S6 and many of the new features take cues from other handsets already available on the market.

The pressure-sensitive display, for instance, will be similar to that offered by rival Apple Inc. on the iPhone 6s earlier this year. The responsive display allows the phone to interpret different taps and touches depending on how the user presses on the touch screen.

The Galaxy S7 will likely also feature a next-generation charging and connection port called a USB Type-C port, the people said, which will allow for a full day�s charge in under 30 minutes and in some cases significantly faster than that. The port has already appeared in smartphones manufactured by LG Electronics Co., Huawei Technologies Co. and others.

The noncurved version of the Galaxy S7 will likely also include an external memory card slot, one of these people said.

The retina scanner, which the company is considering for some versions of the phone, would come after some handset makers,including China�s ZTE Corp., have included the feature on some smartphones.

The Galaxy S7 will also feature an improved camera that is optimized for lowlight photography and is flush with the back of the phone, these people said, unlike the Galaxy S6 camera that bulged out the back of the device.

The new devices will go on sale in the U.S. in mid-March, these people said, after its expected announcement on the sidelines of the Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona in late February. By comparison, the Galaxy S6 was available in stores only about six weeks after its announcement earlier this year.

The accelerated timeline is an apparent attempt to capitalize on buzz around the device during its announcement, these people said.
    12-14-15 08:54 AM
    Did CEO Chen not say that he expected revenue this reporting quarter to beat last quarter and that next quarter after that would beat prior quarter.. in other words.. we have turned the corner and last quarter was
    Also the BES 12 subs were back end loaded so we should be seeing some decent revenue which has been missing earlier quarters.
    lech31, bungaboy, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    12-14-15 08:56 AM
    Did CEO Chen not say that he expected revenue this reporting quarter to beat last quarter and that next quarter after that would beat prior quarter.. in other words.. we have turned the corner and last quarter was bottom?... hope so....

Posted via CB10
    Yes he did. He said slowly ramp up. Q2 was the bottom. so...let's see. Of course, I've been saying I think he had a big license agreement in the Q3 bag when he said that 3 weeks in to Q3
    12-14-15 10:06 AM
    Yes he did. He said slowly ramp up. Q2 was the bottom. so...let's see. Of course, I've been saying I think he had a big license agreement in the Q3 bag when he said that 3 weeks in to Q3
    Chen said that a licensing agreement didn't quite finalize last quarter and he expected to see it this quarter or next latest.
    rarsen, 3MIKE, La Emperor and 3 others like this.
    12-14-15 10:15 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Chen said that a licensing agreement didn't quite finalize last quarter and he expected to see it this quarter or next latest.
    He also said that he is looking at recurring revenue structured deal rather than one shot deal with licensing... hope he can make it happen.

Posted via CB10
    W Hoa, rarsen, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    12-14-15 10:22 AM
    Was your keyboard settings on or off??

I didn't check the settings. The reboot worked and keyboard good as new. Thanks for your post.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-14-15 10:28 AM
    Also the BES 12 subs were back end loaded so we should be seeing some decent revenue which has been missing earlier quarters.
    Oh I didn't know about this. Any recap of the info you might be able to dig up? Otherwise we will find out Friday

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 10:36 AM
    OT: Anyone thinking of buying the SPHS huge dip?

EDIT: ok....grabbed some at $1.42. Looked at it at 1.33. I'll look again in February.
    12-14-15 11:15 AM
    OT: Anyone thinking of buying the SPHS huge dip?

EDIT: ok....grabbed some at $1.42. Looked at it at 1.33. I'll look again in February.
    Well I sold all of my position at aound 1.40. Not bad since I bought in at 1.00 2yrs ago. Should have sold all out at the top but thats my fault. I think its going to slowly ride down lower till any good news comes out. Could have made 10k had I sold out at the top... still got a 2k profit but grrr.. thought it was going up to the $5/share range.

live and learn.
    rarsen and 3MIKE like this.
    12-14-15 11:38 AM
    I don't own Priv yet but know there is BlackBerry Services App update for Priv from Play Store. I like this cross platform availability of BlackBerry Services. Google Services now BlackBerry Services. Anyone with me with the brilliant name? This is getting huge.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    Oh I didn't know about this. Any recap of the info you might be able to dig up? Otherwise we will find out Friday
    You can start with this:

Last year, BlackBerry ran a promotional program called EZ Pass, which offered free perpetual licenses for the base version (Silver) of BES 10 to users of older versions of BES and customers of competing MDM platforms. The program was successful, with the company indicating that it had issued a total 6.8 million licenses, with over 30% of the licenses having traded in from competing MDM platforms. Although the company doesn�t earn revenues from these licenses, it will monetize users by charging them for technical support and by encouraging them to upgrade to the more premium Gold versions of the service, which offers advanced security features. While BlackBerry has ended new enrollments on the EZ Pass program, these licensees should begin contributing to the company�s revenues from Q4 FY 2015 onwards, given that customers will have to start paying for support going forward.
    Forbes
    Priv love!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/12/...n-google-play/

12-14-15 11:51 AM
    As you see on the front page of CrackBerry I got my MR release from AT&T today, and the individual app updates in GPlay. I will say that so far there seem to be improvements in just how snappy the phone is. Hub really seems improved, not as janky when you go to delete an entry, just overall more smooth in function.

Hoping for improvements in some of the areas we spoke about last week. Giving the phone a little time to settle in. MrBBRY have you seen it yet? Curious to hear your opinion as well
    12-14-15 12:58 PM
    Seems reading/liking wasn't strong enough signal ...
    Hey W.S, I'm here : North please !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    12-14-15 01:18 PM
    12-14-15 01:32 PM
    12-14-15 01:36 PM
113,256 ... 37293730373137323733 ...