View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The stock rallied because someone knows something. Not because of whatever sellout there was at Walmart. Who the f**k buys Blackberry's at wallmart anyways? There were many other sellouts of the Priv which had no impact on the price of the stock. ER is coming and I'm thinking this one will be a good one. Gosh I wish I had some inside information. Because, if they show appreciable growth in software and decent hardware numbers this boat will fly. But hey, they might deceive us as they did so many times. But on this forum we are a bunch of positive people who believe in the product and the brand. We also prey that the short players will burn in a hell risen short squeeze. Burn MF's burn
    12-11-15 09:35 PM
    Burn MF's burn
    I 2nd that. Lol

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    3MIKE, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    12-12-15 01:40 AM
    If auto makers turn themselves into glorified iDevices/Android devices, they will have no one to blame but themselves. They have the most secure and customizable system already in QNX. Why they would give their independence away is beyond me.

Toyota and Ford get respect. GM, Honda and Hyundai (automakers listed are from memory after skimming the article) get none.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, morganplus8, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    12-12-15 01:46 AM
    Toyota and Ford get respect. GM, Honda and Hyundai (automakers listed are from memory after skimming the article) get none.

Posted via CB10
    Um, no they don't. You're views are 1% of the buying public. Toyota and Ford will loose sales. You are the problem. Your views are what is killing the company. As a public company they are to make money for their investors. If you can't see the writing on the wall then you can't be reasoned with. Just like BB can't make enough money running a niche product like bb10, auto manufacturers will loose sales from only running a QNX media system when their competition has integration with 97% of phones sold in their market (iOS/Android) . Most people have 2 cars they decide between and if one has android auto or apple car play they'll buy the one with that system vs QNX only system. FULL STOP!
    12-12-15 02:59 AM
    Um, no they don't. You're views are 1% of the buying public. Toyota and Ford will loose sales. You are the problem. Your views are what is killing the company. As a public company they are to make money for their investors. If you can't see the writing on the wall then you can't be reasoned with. Just like BB can't make enough money running a niche product like bb10, auto manufacturers will loose sales from only running a QNX media system when their competition has integration with 97% of phones sold in their market (iOS/Android) . Most people have 2 cars they decide between and if one has android auto or apple car play they'll buy the one with that system vs QNX only system. FULL STOP!
    You should read a little more on CarPlay and Android Auto. They are just running on an OS; and in 60% of cases, this OS is QNX...
    3MIKE, rarsen, bungaboy and 10 others like this.
    12-12-15 05:02 AM
    You should read a little more on CarPlay and Android Auto. They are just running on an OS; and in 60% of cases, this OS is QNX...
    I think most people understand that, but to bring this back around to $BBRY: the issue is that IF car buyers are preferring cars with Android or Car Play, then the underlying software in the car behind that interface could be commoditized. That limits the pricing and profit potential for QNX. It could also limit the innovation possible in the car systems since most of that potential shifts back again to apps on the phones.

It will be interesting to watch. I don't think this is a foregone conclusion. If you look at VAG, for example, they are going to Car Play for Porsche's and some VW branded cars, but on the other hand they have a very QNX centric (dependent?) interface in their newest Lamborghinis and Audis. That system has very nice features which are not really possible through Car Play or Android (at least not yet)

It's an interesting thing to watch if you are an investor since QNX's car business seems to be a part of BBRY's long term growth plans.
    sati01 and 3MIKE like this.
    12-12-15 07:05 AM
    Speaking of entertainment......The "Fast Money" traders give 4 stocks they believe you can hide out in

4 Stocks with "The Force"

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbrighthere.jpg
    12-12-15 08:10 AM
    General OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

The Internet of Things: Beyond the hype | Toronto Star
    "Great progress has been made in increasing speeds and lag time over the past few decades, but wired and wireless networks � which includes Bluetooth and wi-fi technologies � still can�t match analog, un-connected alternatives all of the time.
    IoT developers also have to face the fact that anything and everything can and will be hacked. Not only does that mean baking strong security features into devices and systems, it also means limiting the potential damage from a hack. Breaking into a toothbrush could have trivial or even comical effects, for example, but a hacked door lock could be disastrous.
    The Internet of things will doubtlessly have a huge impact in industrial situations, where enterprises will use connected devices to extract all manner of efficiencies from their businesses. But for the average consumer who just wants to brush their teeth and turn on the lights without thinking about the tasks, the numerous obstacles developers are facing means the benefits will likely take longer to materialize."
    12-12-15 08:27 AM
    Do I see $7.71 AH ?
    That's not enough to my likings!
    Just a tad more north, by 0.2%, that's not much to ask, is it ?
    John, could you please buy a block for your employee's ?

Posted via CB10
    Thank you (whoever), very much
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bungaboy, W Hoa, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    12-12-15 08:45 AM
    OT. Since very quiet here.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1449943548399_860798.jpeg

I don't think it is former blackberry guy Mike. Almost same last name.
    12-12-15 12:08 PM
    This is hard one to figure out! It stands up in an up-right posture, and uses only its two legs to stand on. Got me beat! LOL

I know a chicken!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chicken.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chicken1.jpg
    Last edited by bbjdog; 12-12-15 at 01:42 PM.
    sidhuk, Corbu, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    12-12-15 12:35 PM
    But for the average consumer who just wants to brush their teeth and turn on the lights without thinking about the tasks, the numerous obstacles developers are facing means the benefits will likely take longer to materialize."
    So this is the big opportunity for BlackBerry. If they can crack this problem and make an IoT platform on which developers can build AND build an ecosystem of developers around them then I could actually believe this $100 party you guys talk about would be possible.

But BlackBerry have to actually do it, and not just talk about it. Other companies are chasing this also (the smart ones haven't announced it yet)
    CDM76 and b121 like this.
    12-12-15 12:52 PM
    Old man say : woaw (my denture is having a bubble bath)

Posted via CB10

Edited : bubble, not bible, you stupid autocorrect!
    ... an example of a 'lost in translation joke' I take it?
    It would be funnier with the auto correct version - Mooo!

So, just a recap pre earnigs report for the new guys on the thread. We are expecting an increase across the board, plus 21M share pickup by BlackBerry.
    Oh, and notice Chen's facial cues when sweet Amber mentions Google moving in beside BlackBerry HQ. Hmmmm.

And the short interest ratio chart as of late. Volume way up, but so is the short interest. As someone mentioned, this may be the status quo maneuver that the dark side plots pre ER. It would be so refreshing to see BlackBerry poke them in the corniac with a bird stick if we get a strong report.
    Here's to hoping.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151212_115026_edit.png
    12-12-15 01:54 PM
    OT. Since very quiet here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1449943548399_860798.jpeg 
Views:	2353 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	384109

I don't think it is former blackberry guy Mike. Almost same last name.
    Timing is everything. I was casually scrolling the thread in an innocent manner, and as my Mrs. Walked into the room, I ventured onto your post.

According to her, it is a skanky-lizard, and they are ubiquitous.
    12-12-15 02:07 PM
    I think that is a little short sighted. Phones may be hacked and your things stolen.

2 tonne weapons that can be hacked put every person on the planet at risk.
    Talk about a coordinated attack, this is scary if not done extremely securely.

That is why QNX runs nuclear plants, medical equipment and other sensitive operations.

Iphone running a car, and hackers finding a back door is terrifying.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, CDM76, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    12-12-15 02:22 PM
    12-12-15 02:53 PM
    I can never see these with the CB app....

12-12-15 05:50 PM

Me neither, what's the option, the browser version?

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and 3MIKE like this.
    12-12-15 05:53 PM

Sorry, mates!

Here you go... Maria Sharapova Twitter message, with following pic.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cwcioqlu8aa1nwi.jpg

Maria Sharapova ‏@MariaSharapova 7 hours ago
    Thanks @BlackBerry for the new #Priv. Live streams on Maria Sharapova Official App throughout #MariaAndFriends today.
    I realize she isn't but wouldn't she be a tremendous spokesperson for the brand? International appeal and recognition, huge social media following, etc.

PS: related to this... http://www.mariasharapova.com/ms_par...inkId=19509796
    12-12-15 05:56 PM
    Thanks Corbu for the pic

That's pretty cool, so BlackBerry is sending out some devices to some people.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu likes this.
    12-12-15 06:01 PM
    More from Maria:

12-12-15 06:06 PM
    More from Maria:

Indeed...hot, athletic and brains.

you've been made privy to my thoughts.
    rarsen, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    12-12-15 08:23 PM
    has anyone done an ATT Priv stock check... Im still seeing sold out in major cities.
    12-13-15 02:31 AM
    Priv announced by Orange, french first ISP, "soon".

https://boutique.orange.fr/mobile/bl...mpaign=2017067
    Superfly_FR, rarsen, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    12-13-15 03:10 AM
    So, just a recap pre earnigs report for the new guys on the thread. We are expecting an increase across the board, plus 21M share pickup by BlackBerry.
    Oh, and notice Chen's facial cues when sweet Amber mentions Google moving in beside BlackBerry HQ. Hmmmm.

And the short interest ratio chart as of late. Volume way up, but so is the short interest. As someone mentioned, this may be the status quo maneuver that the dark side plots pre ER. It would be so refreshing to see BlackBerry poke them in the corniac with a bird stick if we get a strong report.
    Here's to hoping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151212_115026_edit.png 
Views:	1807 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	384122
    Thank you very much for the video. First time I saw this part of interview. BTW Amber is gorgeous.

21m share pick ups - 21m share repurchase will in my opinion limit the number of outstanding common shares and help the stock price. Which is definitely good for long term shareholders and not so for short-term speculators/short sellers. Anyways, I think the 21m share repurchase should be put into context.

In fiscal 2014, Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited and other institutional investors invested in the Com-pany through a $1.25 billion private placement of the Debentures. Interest on the Debentures is paya-ble quarterly in arrears at a rate of 6% per annum. The Debentures have a term of seven years and each $1,000 of Debentures are convertible at any time into 100 common shares of the Company for a total of 125 million common shares at a price of $10.00 per share for all Debentures, subject to ad-justments.

So BBRY is buying (and cancelling) 21m shares but will have to issue 125m common shares if Fairfax & Co. decides to convert the Debentures into shares?

Back to video. Yeah, body talks …1:39+. But it is not only about Google: 1:09+, 3:08+ and 5:21+ may be also notable.

Your (daily) short volumes chart is quite interesting and important – short sellers can affect the stock price significantly; definitely not only in these (pre-earnings) days. I have already found the chart source. Thanks for the chart.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-13-15 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Some mod magic - Added BM quote ;)
    rarsen, CDM76, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    12-13-15 03:12 AM
113,251 ... 37273728372937303731 ...