View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Financial Post article:

BlackBerry Ltd�s Priv launch seems �solid� as investors await initial sales figures

http://business.financialpost.com/fp...-sales-figures

Investors are waiting for BlackBerry Ltd. to report earnings on December 18 to find out*how many handsets it sold in the third quarter*and if there was*initial traction for the first Android-powered BlackBerry device.

The Android phone, called Priv, has both a physical keyboard and a curved touchscreen and offers access to millions of popular mobile applications.*It went on sale at the major carriers in Canada and AT&T Inc. stores in the U.S. on November 6,*became available in Hong Kong in mid-November and has since been released in the Philippines and in Vietnam. BlackBerry�s latest reporting period*ended November 28.

�BlackBerry�s new Android-powered Priv appears to have had a solid launch although depending on how much the initial production run was could limit the contribution,� said Steven Li, an analyst at Raymond James. He said the Priv�s first*run sold out by*November 10*and resumed shipping*during*the week of*November 23.

Li doesn�t mention why he thinks*the launch was solid, but many reviewers have raved about the phone�s features. He estimates that the*Waterloo, Ont.-based technology company shipped 900,000 units in the quarter, a 55-per-cent drop*from last year, but a four-per-cent jump*from quantities sold in the last period.

The stakes are enormous. Chief executive John Chen said BlackBerry*will need to sell at least five million handsets in a year at an average selling price of US$240 for the division to break even.

In fiscal 2011, the company sold*52.3 million phones and generated*almost US$16 billion in handset*sales. Last fiscal year, it sold just 13.7 million and amassed total*revenues*of just US$3.8 billion, US$1.5 billion of that in devices.

Software sales will get an inorganic*boost*from recent acquisitions, Li added, as BlackBerry�s efforts to monetize its latest enterprise management solution continue to face pricing pressures in the market.

In 2015, shares of BlackBerry have fallen close to*20 per cent in Toronto and 30.4 per cent in New York.

Financial Post
    [email protected]

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, 3MIKE and 9 others like this.
    12-09-15 11:35 AM
    omg why are we falling so bad today ?
    12-09-15 11:41 AM
    Shaking the weak hands....triggering stops. I haven't looked at a chart but $7.30 should be strong support and it touched that level. Be greedy when others are fearful
    bapebape, rarsen, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    12-09-15 12:05 PM
    Rough market conditions and the tech sector is taking it on the chin.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 12:10 PM
    When I look at the monthly chart do I see a double bottom?
    12-09-15 12:22 PM
    So today I got this survey from satmetrix on behalf of BlackBerry which I answered. I like that they are following up about 1 month after my initial purchase of the PrivThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screenshot_2015-12-09-13-49-22.jpg
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 9 others like this.
    12-09-15 12:53 PM
    12-09-15 01:23 PM
    It's always BlackBerry fault for anything, even when the phone is powered by Android!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Edit: It seems I missed a few comments. Keep in mind that Mr BBRY, Shane and Randall2580 are respected members of this community. Some contribute to this thread, even if that means challenging BlackBerry's direction.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by _dimi_; 12-09-15 at 01:48 PM.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    12-09-15 01:27 PM
    Keep in mind that Mr BBRY is a respected member of this community.

Posted via CB10
    I really don't know how to reply to your post! So I will leave it alone. But thanks for the warning.

CDM76 and zlatno like this.
    12-09-15 01:45 PM
    When I look at the monthly chart do I see a double bottom?
    So from now on it's up!!
    12-09-15 01:50 PM
    I really don't know how to reply to your post! So I will leave it alone. But thanks for the warning.

You just did. It's not a warning.. Just a reminder that we try to be respectful for one's opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    12-09-15 01:52 PM
    Edit: It seems I missed a few comments. Keep in mind that Mr BBRY, Shane and Randall2580 are respected members of this community. Some contribute to this thread, even if that means challenging BlackBerry's direction.

Posted via CB10
    Now it's time for you to be respectful of all who contribute to this thread. Singling out only a hand full is disrespectful of the rest. But hey who am I to say.

12-09-15 02:03 PM
    So from now on it's up!!
    I'm not talking about the tension in here I'm talking about the stock !!
    12-09-15 02:10 PM
    Lol sorry 3MIKE... I guess I'll be a tough dad one day.
    3MIKE likes this.
    12-09-15 02:22 PM
    Does anyone still have that link explaining how the Google Play download numbers work? Was it only tied to one's Gmail account? If so, we look up Gmail's market share, and perhaps come up with a more realistic number...?
    12-09-15 02:26 PM
    We are all tense, myself included with what's happening in the stock market. I think a nice single malt will do the trick when I get back home this afternoon!!
    12-09-15 02:27 PM
    Google Play enables users to know the popularity of apps (and other content) by displaying the immediate round figure less than the number of times the application has been downloaded. The numbers shown are the products of multiplying 1 or 5 to the powers of 10. These include 1 billion, 500 million, 100 million, 50 million, 10 million, 1 million, 500 thousand, 100 thousand, 50 thousand and so on. The 'number of downloads' actually refers to the number of Google accounts associated with an app. The number is not affected by the uninstallation of apps, neither is it affected if the app is later reinstalled using the same Google account
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-09-15 02:35 PM
    Let me jump in here to hopefully settle this dispute...

Dimi, thanks for coming to my defense! But not necessary... I took bbjdog's sarcastic comment as a response to theRock's statement:
    All Android phones have issues....Another friend says his Nexus freezes daily.
    My boss's iPhone rebooted when he took me to Starbucks. Everybody in line had to wait for him to restart his phone and reload his app. That's why I'm staying with BB10. Nothing even comes close to it.
    Posted via CB10
    Either way, I'm not even sure this comes down to Android vs BlackBerry. If the phone sports a BlackBerry tag, BlackBerry will be the one whose reputation is on the line, regardless of OS. That's how the handset business works. Fair or not, that's a reality we all must face.

No onto 3MIKE's comment ... I will join you on that single malt tonight, sir! Cheers!
    12-09-15 02:45 PM
    Short Interest
    11/13/2015 ------- 73.9M shares
    11/30/2015 ------- 78.7M shares
    Increase of about 5M shares

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 03:07 PM
    No whiskey for me today but I will join in a beer. Was actually a good day for me. SUNE, which I bought last week, paid well. I got out at $4.19 and will play it again as it is super liquid and volatile. Also bought SHOP (a tad early but I like the company) and bought IDRA again.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151209_160644_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    kadakn01, 3MIKE, lech31 and 11 others like this.
    12-09-15 03:10 PM
    12-09-15 03:51 PM
    This is HUGE!!!

BlackBerry: Great news! You can now pick up your unlocked #PRIV from the world's largest retailer, @Walmart https://t.co/HOv0ZonUVb
    12-09-15 03:55 PM
    This is HUGE!!!

BlackBerry: Great news! You can now pick up your unlocked #PRIV from the world's largest retailer, @Walmart https://t.co/HOv0ZonUVb
    Not in Canada . . . yet.
    12-09-15 04:07 PM
    A large Canadian Federal government department recently purchased the AtHoc solution.

Proof or it didn't happen folks:
    (This is all I can get)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-athoc2.png

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 04:14 PM
    This is HUGE!!!

This should make it easier to purchase for the holidays! I'd also assume demand is strong if have the world's largest retailer jumping on board. In addition, I'd also assume they've been able to ramp up production significantly if they are now carrying these in EVERY walmart in the US. We may have a pleasant surprise come this next ER!

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    _dimi_, sidhuk, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    12-09-15 04:22 PM
113,256 ... 37173718371937203721 ...