• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    TWSS
    rarsen, 3MIKE and bungaboy like this.
    12-08-15 07:00 PM
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0169SN...UvbUpU12135787

Amazon Canada finally stocking the Priv!!

I'm guessing BlackBerry has a backlog of channels to fill and have been pushing into them as supply ramps up.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-08-15 07:39 PM
    Not in Stock!

'it all started with the  Priv...'
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-08-15 07:47 PM
    Not in Stock!

I'm happy they're at least preparing to stock it. I didn't want to buy it on shopblackberry.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 07:50 PM
    As fast as Corbu!

Lol

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, rarsen, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    12-08-15 08:06 PM
    I stopped reading after: but the initial signs don't look too good.

Are you kidding me? Which initial signs???

Is it the CONSTANT reports of sell-outs'
    Is it the big advertisements of the PRIV at AT&T retail locations?
    Is it that the Canadian Big 3 carriers are all backing the PRIV?
    Is it the selfie of John Legere (t-mobile) holding the PRIV and his comments that BlackBerry is making a comeback?

I said it before and I will say it again. MY OPINION: If hardware hits 850.000 devices this Q, then we (BlackBerry shareholders and fans) are golden. IF we hit this mark, then the next Q results will be huge. END OF MY OPINION.
    12-09-15 01:45 AM
    I stopped reading after: but the initial signs don't look too good.

Are you kidding me? Which initial signs???

Is it the CONSTANT reports of sell-outs'
    Is it the big advertisements of the PRIV at AT&T retail locations?
    Is it that the Canadian Big 3 carriers are all backing the PRIV?
    Is it the selfie of John Legere (t-mobile) holding the PRIV and his comments that BlackBerry is making a comeback?

I said it before and I will say it again. MY OPINION: If hardware hits 850.000 devices this Q, then we (BlackBerry shareholders and fans) are golden. IF we hit this mark, then the next Q results will be huge. END OF MY OPINION.
    I agree with you on that. But in fact article, it states that 'if BlackBerry doesn't sell 1 200 000 devices, then 'John "Next Quarter" Chen' will tell investors to hang on still.'I have no idea where they get that name from. John Chen doing well, especially for a company with a tarnished reputation. If Tim cook were ceo BlackBerry would be gone.

Only BlackBerry has bias in their articles. People trying to find ways for BlackBerry to fail.

zlatno, bungaboy, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    12-09-15 02:30 AM
    Nice to see all the negative "BlackBerry is Dead" articles pop up right on time (as soon as the quiet period begins).

you've been made privy to my thoughts.
    12-09-15 03:21 AM
    OT: What time is it? ----> Write Down Time!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-best-buy-apple-watch-sale-2.jpg
    theRock1975, rarsen, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    12-09-15 06:49 AM
    OT: What time is it? ----> Write Down Time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Best Buy Apple Watch Sale 2.JPG 
Views:	1279 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	383673
    Ya!!

12-09-15 07:01 AM
    They said the priv would be a flop. Are we seeing write downs? Yeah...

There won't be a priv discount any time soon. When it sells out in only a few hours, you don't lower prices (unless you want to boost sales even more! )

bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    12-09-15 07:03 AM
    12-09-15 07:12 AM
    I hope that priv come to Croatia i will buy one for sure
    bungaboy, Corbu, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    12-09-15 07:33 AM
    I don't about you, my fellow BBRY long, but I'm getting to the point that only solid results will satisfy my thirst, and give me the power/patience to wait out and see how they do in IoT. Software numbers should be very telling this quarter. How much of their software revenue did they acquire through the Good acquisition vs. convert/retain as SAF customers. If they can't deliver on their original 'promise' before the Good acquisition came along, then I don't see how the future will be much (or any) different. As for their hardware division, I think it's more of a "all or nothing" sector than I thought. Will they be able to launch multiple Android devices over the next few months, keep up their current marketing spend while keeping carriers/consumers 'warm' to wait weeks (months?) for a device that will be old by the time they get to hold it? Just to get to their 5 million target?

No, sell the patents...and do something smart in software, please!

Posted via CB10
    Dimi! I am starting to share your somewhat unpopular opinion that things for BBRY seem bleak. Chen has been quiet and I worry he will be evasive regarding the handset sales during the ER and therefore punished by the market. I do have a reason for concern which I'll get to below, but PLEASE prove me wrong, John!

Onto my doom and gloom concern... I've spent the past month restraining myself from sharing my individual problems with my Priv with this thread. Before I begin my story, I must offer a disclaimer that this is only MY experience. I do not speak for others or represent a majority by any means. I am also very aware that my problems may be AT&T related or simply because I got a bad device. That said, I am on the verge of retiring my Priv to my BlackBerry graveyard until AT&T sends out their patch / update. My Priv has been almost unusable due to "bugs" that I can't seem to get rid of. In brief summary, 1) the battery life is horrendous (I've become a wall hugger), 2) it overheats A LOT, 3) MMS messages fail constantly, 4) SD card is very slow to read, 5) Cellular signal is awful, 6) Hub is laggy, and 7) I get frequent (3-10 times a day) messenger / google play / google services crashes. Otherwise it's a great device (lol), honestly! To be fair, I�ve spent many hours troubleshooting and researching solutions to my problem on CB and see that there are some other users with similar problems (most seem to be on AT&T). I have had two sessions on customer support with AT&T, done one wipe and restart my phone once every 1-3 days. I suppose I could have a lemon, but am waiting for the OS update to find out for sure. My phone is mostly stock, I don�t have a lot of apps, I don't play games and I have not done much customization. My phone is used 99% for work (i.e. email, text, calling) Needless to say, I didn�t have any of these problems on my Z30, Passport or Classic and I can�t wait to go back to one of them!

The reason I�m sharing this is because I think it�s important for us shareholders to know what type of user experience BlackBerry is currently putting out there in the US. If I wasn�t such a BB fan, I'd have returned this phone weeks ago and I�d be writing poor reviews and bad mouthing this phone to everyone who asked. I�m afraid that there are others that have had similar experiences and therefore returning and / or bashing the Priv. It�s no wonder BB10 phones never stood a chance after the initial OS quirks. The issues I�m having with my Priv remind me of the growing pain of being an early Z10 adopter and look how far that phone has come� but the point it, how many people had the patience to stick around to see it improve?

Now I think I've earned enough of a reputation around here for always trying to stay positive but balanced and I will continue to do so. The truth is, this whole rant is only indicative of problems with BlackBerry�s hardware division, not software or EMM or QNX. As much as we all would love to see them succeed here, I�m afraid a few bad apples could really ruin this �last attempt� at hardware. I�m hopeful that I�m a rare case and that fixes are issued swiftly, but based on BlackBerry�s history, I�m cautiously optimistic.

Sorry for the rant, but I hope you all understand where I'm coming from. I'm open to all comments and appreciate any technical assistance or link anyone is willing to give, but PLEASE let's not carry on about a OT conversation. Feel free to PM me. We don't want to upset SF and this beautiful thread!
    12-09-15 07:51 AM
    12-09-15 07:56 AM
    Sorry to hear your issues Mr BBRY....I have one, and TBH the learning curve has been "interesting". I was having a couple small issues but since the OTA update (shop BlackBerry unlocked device) they seem to have evaporated.
    I also relate this Android experience to the early days of BB10....although a bit more advanced.
    Let's hope that the US Carriers don't drag their feet on this and push the updates ASAP.
    Good Luck.

you've been made privy to my thoughts.
    12-09-15 08:34 AM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Dimi! I am starting to share your somewhat unpopular opinion that things for BBRY seem bleak. Chen has been quiet and I worry he will be evasive regarding the handset sales during the ER and therefore punished by the market. I do have a reason for concern which I'll get to below, but PLEASE prove me wrong, John!

Onto my doom and gloom concern... I've spent the past month restraining myself from sharing my individual problems with my Priv with this thread. Before I begin my story, I must offer a disclaimer that this is only MY experience. I do not speak for others or represent a majority by any means. I am also very aware that my problems may be AT&T related or simply because I got a bad device. That said, I am on the verge of retiring my Priv to my BlackBerry graveyard until AT&T sends out their patch / update. My Priv has been almost unusable due to "bugs" that I can't seem to get rid of. In brief summary, 1) the battery life is horrendous (I've become a wall hugger), 2) it overheats A LOT, 3) MMS messages fail constantly, 4) SD card is very slow to read, 5) Cellular signal is awful, 6) Hub is laggy, and 7) I get frequent (3-10 times a day) messenger / google play / google services crashes. Otherwise it's a great device (lol), honestly! To be fair, I�ve spent many hours troubleshooting and researching solutions to my problem on CB and see that there are some other users with similar problems (most seem to be on AT&T). I have had two sessions on customer support with AT&T, done one wipe and restart my phone once every 1-3 days. I suppose I could have a lemon, but am waiting for the OS update to find out for sure. My phone is mostly stock, I don�t have a lot of apps, I don't play games and I have not done much customization. My phone is used 99% for work (i.e. email, text, calling) Needless to say, I didn�t have any of these problems on my Z30, Passport or Classic and I can�t wait to go back to one of them!

The reason I�m sharing this is because I think it�s important for us shareholders to know what type of user experience BlackBerry is currently putting out there in the US. If I wasn�t such a BB fan, I'd have returned this phone weeks ago and I�d be writing poor reviews and bad mouthing this phone to everyone who asked. I�m afraid that there are others that have had similar experiences and therefore returning and / or bashing the Priv. It�s no wonder BB10 phones never stood a chance after the initial OS quirks. The issues I�m having with my Priv remind me of the growing pain of being an early Z10 adopter and look how far that phone has come� but the point it, how many people had the patience to stick around to see it improve?

Now I think I've earned enough of a reputation around here for always trying to stay positive but balanced and I will continue to do so. The truth is, this whole rant is only indicative of problems with BlackBerry�s hardware division, not software or EMM or QNX. As much as we all would love to see them succeed here, I�m afraid a few bad apples could really ruin this �last attempt� at hardware. I�m hopeful that I�m a rare case and that fixes are issued swiftly, but based on BlackBerry�s history, I�m cautiously optimistic.

Sorry for the rant, but I hope you all understand where I'm coming from. I'm open to all comments and appreciate any technical assistance or link anyone is willing to give, but PLEASE let's not carry on about a OT conversation. Feel free to PM me. We don't want to upset SF and this beautiful thread!
    Thanks for your candid comments. You are right to be both concerned and upset!. .. as major BlackBerry shareholders we do not want to hear these problems on launch of a new BlackBerry phone!.... Hopefully, PRIV hardware is very sound and future software fixes will address all these software related flaws...

Passport experienced some issues as well at launch, if I recall, that were rectified later ... I hope these issues you are experiencing are isolated and limited to AT&T and will be addressed ASAP by BlackBerry..... there is a lot riding on this PRIV phone ....

From my awesome Passport......

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 08:41 AM
    @MrBBRY not to go too far OT but I have posted my initial experience with the Priv in a separate thread and am about to update that thread shortly. Suffice to say I am still having many of the same issues you are (not having the GPlay crashes but otherwise my experience is the same as yours).

Sunday was the closing of my 2 week window to return and finally I decided not to return the phone with the hope that the patch we are about to get addresses some of these problems I hope (others have said in other threads that the over heating is improved after the patch. I believe that's affecting the phone's ability to charge when mine goes over 110 F it stops charging as well). I mostly like the phone and want it to be successful I know what it means to BlackBerry.

Like you I am a fanboy of sorts and I'm certain it clouded my decision. If this had been a Samsung or LG I would have certainly returned this phone there are too many other stellar Android phones out there that do not have these problems.

Let's hope AT&T pushes the patch this week.

Edit : Randal's thread : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1050684/
    SF (Hope you don't mind)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-09-15 at 10:16 AM. Reason: added link
    12-09-15 08:48 AM
    Quiet period over and let it start!

12-09-15 08:54 AM
    All Android phones have issues. Here's my friends Samsung lockscreen:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screenshot_2015-09-09-19-38-20.png

Another friend says his Nexus freezes daily.

My boss's iPhone rebooted when he took me to Starbucks. Everybody in line had to wait for him to restart his phone and reload his app.

That's why I'm staying with BB10. Nothing even comes close to it.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 09:59 AM
    It's always BlackBerry fault for anything, even when the phone is powered by Android!

12-09-15 10:08 AM
    It's always BlackBerry fault for anything, even when the phone is powered by Android!

Is that sarcasm?

12-09-15 10:15 AM
    Hi gang :
    Sorry not much in house these days besides some likes & thanks; looks like we're dry on BBY news.
    Thought it'll be interesting to make a snapshot of today's situation.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

So, if I remind correctly
    - we failed to break the $8 (2 weeks ago)
    - 50DMA @ $7.56 (warning appears Yahoo can be late ...)
    - volumes seem to dry
    - Nasdaq 1Yr Est is still $7.25 (gained a quarter recently)
    - We are in the quiet period

I feel the Priv (reviews, sales est.) have somehow masked BlackBerry efforts for the last weeks and nobody have a clue so that we are back in the spongy mid $7's. My concern is about volumes; we know how fragile BBRY is when a 10K transaction can bend the curve ...
    Gang experts : I'm all ears and eyes !

Cheers all
    SF
    12-09-15 10:30 AM
    Is that sarcasm?

definitely.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-09-15 10:31 AM
    Is that sarcasm?

Thanks SF, yes it is.