View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Oil is taking everything down today.....
    OT...I was an early oil short for the entire ride down but cleared my entire position the last time we got into the 30s USD pb. I've actually started inching back long into energy recently (this time focused on nat gas and uranium), but as usual...too early. HBU.TO was down over 10% today...ouch

Posted via CB10
    Heinz Katchup, CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    12-07-15 04:31 PM
    OT: can't remember last time oil was in the thirties? Oh yeah same time unleaded gas was around the same price!(per litre) Lol

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    3MIKE, huwit and CDM76 like this.
    12-07-15 05:41 PM
    OT: can't remember last time oil was in the thirties? Oh yeah same time unleaded gas was around the same price!(per litre) Lol

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    At this rate, in Toronto unleaded gas will be more per liter than oil per barrel.

'it all started with the  Priv...'
    3MIKE and CDM76 like this.
    12-07-15 05:44 PM
    What I believe to be some QNX goodness in the new 2016 Audi A4 in this video, from 5:07 to 5:25 (in French):

I have looked everywhere to find some form of confirmation of the fact that it is indeed QNX based but to no avail. If I may say so, it is somewhat frustrating and not very wise in terms of marketing for that information not to be made known, all legal and corporate privacy considerations aside. If some new Audis are indeed integrating some form of QNX technology, one should let it be known. It seems that marketing aspect has been plaguing QNX for the longest while, unfortunately. In any event, I may obviously be mistaken but let's say that it looks awfully like the instrument cluster of the 2015 Audi TT which we know was integrating QNX.

That's just the tip of the iceberg with the Audi MMI system. We are receiving Q7 training today for the grand launch event... wish some of you were here for the hors d'oeuvres, wine, and beer
    morganplus8, Corbu, 3MIKE and 6 others like this.
    12-07-15 06:15 PM
    12-07-15 06:53 PM
    That's just the tip of the iceberg with the Audi MMI system. We are receiving Q7 training today for the grand launch event... wish some of you were here for the hors d'oeuvres, wine, and beer
    Audio has been using QnX since the MMI inception.

вιaсĸвεггч� Z30 via CB10 (Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639) ‎Bell Mobility on BES12
    12-07-15 09:22 PM
    No I haven't

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, tinochiko, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    12-07-15 11:14 PM

From Malaysia launching event
    12-08-15 02:55 AM
    Hi everyone!

Personally I feel that Volvo is on the right track with how they're going to implement automated driving, also concept considering luxury aspect of such an implementation.

QNX, great company, incredibly smart team yet still delivering a tool set vs forward concepts in packaged delivery. Let me explain.

QNX has the single handed capability to deliver BlackBerry out into high significant revenue streams with IoT. It seems every company now has an arm in this buzz word and everyday BlackBerry seems to be lost in this space when they where pretty much the forefathers of this technology. Working with Mercedes-Benz Petronas in F1 you'd think they'd learn enough now to have an exclusive and global partnership!

BlackBerry MUST have an exclusive and major global IoT partnership with a highly recognized and respected car brand to make this a an infrastructure software service that builds revenue not continue life as a proposed buzzword. So please anyone attending BlackBerry quarterly call in person please mention this! Provoke a real answer from Chen and the board!

It's time BlackBerry makes Android and BB10 applications that can fully wireless talk to QnX connected cars. This is the future and expected as a partnership with manufacturers. This can break the thought that BlackBerry, still BB10 the majority of their devices in use "don't have any apps". Imagine that... a company trying to be a service and software company that doesn't make software??! Surely I'm not the only BlackBerry user seeing the fallacy in this.

QNX has a team member in a wheelchair, why is there no big push for QNX systems to aid those in such a predicament, even for adjustments down the road a consideration for luxury even? I foresee driver-less cars mainly and heavily used by the elderly or those in a position where driving can be difficult/challenging. A just my humble opinion.

Furthermore, this thread is heavily USA stock focused. Here are the charts for BB:TSE?! I'm a new so I cannot personally deliver yet would love to know how I can. Even without can someone prepare trading day charts for BlackBerry for the last 3 quarterly announcements and have one for a 3-10min post during the 18TH quarterly announcements please, please!?!!

IoT manufacturer announcement delivery
    Planned handset focus and current revenue stream and channel fulfilment updates.
    Patent revenue stream update?
    Services revenue update?

I'd like to see BlackBerry getting into computer accessory business. Using their keyboard patents and technology for computer and laptop keyboard partnerships. (the latter if proven). Example there have been a few ergonomic keyboards and others that propose better typing efficiency after yet another learning curve. Would it not be great to have AutoText (shortcuts for you kiddies out there since you have to rename everything established before you lol) in Windows or OSX/Linux? Swipe to complete using thumbs on a laptop keyboard or external wireless Blutooth-LE keyboard?!

What about touch based steering wheel controls, something with physical raised glass markers not unlike the dots we have on BlackBerry keyboards of the past yet say on a steering wheel with LED backlight when needed used to control MMI systems?!

BlackBerry should also get into the door and building security space as well. Using their security focus in settings like hospitals or high end security that is networked for say Oracle's building using live biometric data from smart watches.

Just some thoughts.

Lastly I'd LOVE to see a significant update in revenue from BB10 handset sales!

вιaсĸвεггч� Z30 via CB10 (Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639) ‎Bell Mobility on BES12
    3MIKE and CDM76 like this.
    12-08-15 05:06 AM
    12-08-15 07:24 AM
    12-08-15 11:20 AM
    Guessing... 7.62 or better for the close!
    12-08-15 12:47 PM
    12-08-15 03:02 PM
    From a comment in the SA article. Priv coming to Verizon:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=ABrOeFYa
    12-08-15 03:14 PM
    This is why Chen has to forecast device sales numbers for the next Q on the CC. State that they are on pace to reach 5M target. And if numbers are only 700K on Dec 18th that would mean 1.4M for the next Q. Stock would fly. If he's evasive on meeting the target that is bad news....

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and CDM76 like this.
    12-08-15 03:24 PM
    This is why Chen has to forecast device sales numbers for the next Q on the CC. State that they are on pace to reach 5M target. And if numbers are only 700K on Dec 18th that would mean 1.4M for the next Q. Stock would fly. If he's evasive on meeting the target that is bad news....

Posted via CB10
    All-knowing JC he won't say a word till the EQ and I'm sure the sales are great! ☺
    12-08-15 04:11 PM
    I don't about you, my fellow BBRY long, but I'm getting to the point that only solid results will satisfy my thirst, and give me the power/patience to wait out and see how they do in IoT. Software numbers should be very telling this quarter. How much of their software revenue did they acquire through the Good acquisition vs. convert/retain as SAF customers. If they can't deliver on their original 'promise' before the Good acquisition came along, then I don't see how the future will be much (or any) different. As for their hardware division, I think it's more of a "all or nothing" sector than I thought. Will they be able to launch multiple Android devices over the next few months, keep up their current marketing spend while keeping carriers/consumers 'warm' to wait weeks (months?) for a device that will be old by the time they get to hold it? Just to get to their 5 million target?

No, sell the patents...and do something smart in software, please!

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    12-08-15 04:40 PM
    12-08-15 05:36 PM
    12-08-15 05:48 PM
    12-08-15 06:11 PM
    Here is a disappointing article in informationweek

BlackBerry: 8 Ways It Can Be Saved
    BlackBerry continues to underwhelm. Here are eight ways CEO John Chen can turn things around.

http://www.informationweek.com/mobil.../d-id/1323434?

Posted from my PassPort
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-08-15 06:15 PM
    Damn you are fast Corbu

Posted from my PassPort
    3MIKE and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-08-15 06:16 PM

Cheers!
    12-08-15 06:20 PM
    Damn you are fast Corbu

Posted from my PassPort
    TWSS

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    12-08-15 06:26 PM
    I cant believe Amazon still is having trouble keeping the Priv in stock.
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-08-15 06:30 PM
113,256 ... 37153716371737183719 ...