View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    12-06-15 01:22 PM
    Slightly OT....but BB did invest in NantHealth.

?NantHealth delays IPO due to market conditions - L.A. Biz
    12-06-15 06:30 PM
    I found this on another CB thread....

Live with Kelly and Michael have a guest Techie doing a Christmas tech toy run down

Priv makes it at around 3:30 mark

Kelly and Michael get excited over the BlackBerry keyboard. He puts it in his pocket actually, just before they talk about iphone and Kelly asks about it, but it's great to see their reaction! Over the, Priv

http://livekellyandmichael.dadt.com/...=4646075216001

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 10:24 PM
    12-07-15 07:07 AM
    It's a really good news !

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    12-07-15 07:18 AM
    OT: Green Mtn Coffee is being bought out and going private. Friday close $51/share reported $98/share buyout. Amber from BNN said they are 12% shorts. Man I this may ruin someone Christmas
    Corbu, CDM76, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    12-07-15 07:43 AM
    OT: Green Mtn Coffee is being bought out and going private. Friday close $51/share reported $98/share buyout. Amber from BNN said they are 12% shorts. Man I this may ruin someone Christmas
    Indeed.

Keurig Green Mountain Agrees to Get Bought for $13.9 Billion - WSJ

Keurig Green Mountain Inc. agreed to get bought by an investor group led by JAB Holding Co. for $13.9 billion, a sizable premium for the maker of coffee pods and machines that has seen its sales and stock price slump over the past year amid product woes and increased competition.

The deal values Keurig at $92 a share, a 78% premium to the company’s closing price Friday. Shares of the company, which have fallen 61% over the past year, jumped 76% to $90.75 in premarket trading Monday.

The deal connects Keurig with other coffee makers. JAB is acquiring Keurig in partnership with strategic minority investors who are already shareholders in Jacobs Douwe Egberts B.V., including Mondelez International and entities affiliated with BDT Capital Partners.

At the close of the transaction, Keurig Green Mountain will be privately owned and will continue to be operated independently by the company’s management team and employees.

Coca-Cola Company, which owns about 17% of Keurig, said in the news release that it is fully supportive of this transaction.

JAB is overseen by three senior partners, Peter Harf, Bart Becht and Olivier Goudet, who manage the money of one of Germany’s wealthiest families, the Reimann family. But rather than stick the funds in stocks, bonds or real estate, as many family-money managers do, these men buy consumer-goods and fashion companies, most of which are far better known than the investors themselves.

The company’s holdings include Peet’s Coffee & Tea, shoemaker Jimmy Choo Ltd., and Coty Inc., home to nail-polish maker OPI and other beauty brands.
    rarsen, bungaboy, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    12-07-15 07:49 AM
    rarsen, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 8 others like this.
    12-07-15 08:20 AM
    12-07-15 09:20 AM
    12-07-15 09:25 AM
    Only two things will probably make companies stop being so careless: 1) insurance companies need to stop offering cyber security insurance, and 2) wait for the first major company to fall due to a hack.

The purchasing public don't seem to care one bit.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 10:02 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies files:

Has Apple given up on the Mac App store? | ZDNet
    Three huge challenges facing Apple in 2016 | ZDNet

Despite Windows 10, ?Windows Phone is doomed: ?IDC | ZDNet
    "It also expects slow growth to intensify due largely to lower shipment forecasts for Windows Phone and for any OS that isn't Android or iOS. The analyst expects the core Android platform to continue proliferating, thanks to companies like Xiaomi and Cyanogen."
    Corbu, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 6 others like this.
    12-07-15 10:11 AM
    12-07-15 10:21 AM
    12-07-15 10:25 AM
    What the Priv running BB10 would look like...
    http://theworldofpootermobile.com/20...berry-unicorn/

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb10sliderunicorn.jpg
    12-07-15 11:14 AM
    OT:

I like this because it pokes the likes of the Apple watch in the corniac.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35000011

Oh, anyone notice the subtle black smartphone posing on the table near the end of the clip?

Attachment 383447
    Corbu, ZayDub, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    12-07-15 11:29 AM
    What I believe to be some QNX goodness in the new 2016 Audi A4 in this video, from 5:07 to 5:25 (in French):

I have looked everywhere to find some form of confirmation of the fact that it is indeed QNX based but to no avail. If I may say so, it is somewhat frustrating and not very wise in terms of marketing for that information not to be made known, all legal and corporate privacy considerations aside. If some new Audis are indeed integrating some form of QNX technology, one should let it be known. It seems that marketing aspect has been plaguing QNX for the longest while, unfortunately. In any event, I may obviously be mistaken but let's say that it looks awfully like the instrument cluster of the 2015 Audi TT which we know was integrating QNX.

rarsen, CDM76, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    12-07-15 11:43 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies files:

Has Apple given up on the Mac App store? | ZDNet
    Three huge challenges facing Apple in 2016 | ZDNet

Despite Windows 10, ?Windows Phone is doomed: ?IDC | ZDNet
    "It also expects slow growth to intensify due largely to lower shipment forecasts for Windows Phone and for any OS that isn't Android or iOS. The analyst expects the core Android platform to continue proliferating, thanks to companies like Xiaomi and Cyanogen."
    I agree with the problems apple is having. They have become way too dependent on the iPhone, and have no way out. The car industry is full, with even BlackBerry occupying it, the TV industry is full, iPad is declining along with the ipod, and Apple watch is too small of a market and too buggy. Plus, the computer industry is slowly falling away, so the mac won't be a big help either.

'it all started with the  Priv...'
    bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    12-07-15 12:09 PM
    OT: THLD

Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc. (THLD) -NasdaqCM
    0.63 Down 2.71(81.26%) 1:19PM EST

My condolences to any THLD holders out there, not to mention all of the other pain in the market today. I have a small position that I was holding until the Phase 3 data that was due out this year. It's important to remember it could have just as easily went the other way, like KBIO. Investing during these times sure isn't easy and trying to compensate with these biotech lottery tickets doesn't always help. Let's all continue to do our due diligence and hope for some better times ahead.
    Corbu, foxdog0007, 3MIKE and 6 others like this.
    12-07-15 12:25 PM
    Was 7.51 the bottom today?
    12-07-15 01:17 PM
    Strange... all stocks today seem to be tanking.

12-07-15 01:43 PM
    Oil is taking everything down today.....
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-07-15 02:02 PM
    Strange... all stocks today seem to be tanking.

Except the medical Marijuana companies lol

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and 3MIKE like this.
    12-07-15 03:08 PM
    BlackBerry Training
    Introducing and Using the DTEK by BlackBerry App for Android
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    12-07-15 03:44 PM
    12-07-15 03:46 PM
113,256 ... 37143715371637173718 ...