View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I posted from my old passport. Then edited it with my PC. I just love this passport SE. Younger son already want one. He has the black passport for over a year. This phone is like a Ferrari. The keyboard just perfect. The speaker sounds better than any phone I heard. Close to z30 but louder. I am hoping that BlackBerry has enough sales for this model that they will promote this model more.
    Priv is a great android phone. But passport SE is much better for me. The Retro/modren look. Reminds me of Microphone as attached picture. Never gets old.

Attachment 382991

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    Totally agree, it does have that retro look to it. Wouldn't the Priv best suit your son. My son is already bugging me for the Priv. Currently he has the black Passport. One day that Microphone will make a comeback (big headphones are).

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, rarsen, 3MIKE and 6 others like this.
    12-03-15 06:46 PM
    OT: AYA.TO quickly

Hey Morgan can I just quickly get your opinion on this? I know this isn't a stock you usually like because they have a large debt holding too. Their Financials are good and free cash flow is paying down their debt, still growing YoY but their last Q3 made them drop 30% (reminds me of bbry -_-) they met targets but lowered revenue down 11% due to currency exchange.

Their EBITDA compared to their closest rival should really have this stock valued much higher so im debating on buying more, seems like a huge over reaction from earning days.

TA wise how long can this stock remain oversold? We've seen this with bbry before and its sitting at 29 rsi right now, just trying to time things before the stock recovers. Any thoughts?

PS: i actually emailed the company and they said the feedback they got from investors was that it wasn't the currency issue that made it drop that much but how they communicated the revision. Here is the quote "Feedback was concerns over timing of revision and communications related to the reasons for that revision."

Thanks again M8

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    12-03-15 06:47 PM
    OT from Related Technologies file:

?Ford revs up Apple Siri for five million vehicles back to 2011 | ZDNet
    "Owners of SYNC-equipped vehicles sold between 2011 and 2016 are getting Apple's Siri Eyes-Free in a software update available from Ford. However, late last year Ford announced that its new SYNC 3 platform would instead be built on BlackBerry's QNX operating system and will support both Apple's Car Play and Google's Android Auto."

?Ballmer to Microsoft: Universal apps won't work, Android on Windows Phone will | ZDNet
    "Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer reckons Microsoft's universal Windows app strategy will fail to fill its app gap. Instead, the company needs to ensure Windows Phone handsets can run Android apps."
    3MIKE, Corbu, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    12-03-15 07:05 PM
    Totally agree, it does have that retro look to it. Wouldn't the Priv best suit your son. My son is already bugging me for the Priv. Currently he has the black Passport. One day that Microphone will make a comeback (big headphones are).

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    I am hopping that BlackBerry will keep bb10. The things that bb10 has built in, in android has to be 3rd party apps. The amount of trouble one has to go to get the file manager set up, it is lot easier to download Cobalts app store files and setup Google play store on bb10/passport. But blackberry made it lot easier to get to hub on Priv too. One can get to hub from any screen directly.
    Now I have been using few android apps on my passport and I don't have any issue.
    My son looked at Priv. He liked it but, he said that passport works better for him. He uses it for university work etc. I bet he can break some typing speed records. I gotta make a video one of these days and upload. Amazing.

12-03-15 07:24 PM
    12-03-15 09:09 PM
    That AMA just made me depressed. If that's all the three guys were allowed to say, why did they bother holding the AMA?

I agree with a lot of the criticisms in the CB link that Corbu provided.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 09:21 PM
    That AMA just made me depressed. If that's all the three guys were allowed to say, why did they bother holding the AMA?

I agree with a lot of the criticisms in the CB link that Corbu provided.

Posted via CB10
    Completely agree with you, and they tried to hype it up so much. Low turnout, low interest, and the responses weren't even great, hell they didn't even really answer the actual questions that most people wanted answered. Mostly picked questions that were praising the wonderful work they were doing. Sad state of affairs.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 10:11 PM
    I stuck around that ama for an hour then left. It was Android fanboys begging them to port their BlackBerry apps to other phones and people questioning the validity of BlackBerry's security claims. Some people were treating it like the earnings report conference call too, asking how well it's selling. Of course they were going to pick and choose what to answer!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-03-15 11:59 PM
    Love it. Should have gotten it months ago. Not sure why that picture not showing up.

Passport SE
    So you're the reason. If you would have bought the Passport months ago, the PRIV slider would be running BB10 OS. Thanks a lot...
    CDM76, bungaboy, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    12-04-15 12:49 AM
    I realize that this isn't a question/answer thread but does anyone know how to check private messages on CB? Thanks in advance.
    12-04-15 12:56 AM
    I realize that this isn't a question/answer thread but does anyone know how to check private messages on CB? Thanks in advance.
    You mean via CB10 app on your BB10 device ? If so, You can't.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 01:13 AM
    You mean via CB10 app on your BB10 device ? If so, You can't.

Posted via CB10
    I mean on my office computer.
    12-04-15 01:51 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    just under your username at the top; click the arrow ...
    rarsen, bungaboy, zlatno and 4 others like this.
    12-04-15 05:02 AM
    I posted from my old passport. Then edited it with my PC. I just love this passport SE. Younger son already want one. He has the black passport for over a year. This phone is like a Ferrari. The keyboard just perfect. The speaker sounds better than any phone I heard. Close to z30 but louder. I am hoping that BlackBerry has enough sales for this model that they will promote this model more.
    Priv is a great android phone. But passport SE is much better for me. The Retro/modren look. Reminds me of Microphone as attached picture. Never gets old.

Attachment 382991

I couldn't agree more. I got the SE on EPP almost immediately and love it.

This will be one of the tragedies I will be telling my grandkids about when they are using their phones, and by then they will likely look just like a BlackBerry passport but have an apple logo on it

I can't believe lack of apps will keep this phones out of so many unknowingly craving hands of droiders and isheeple

This phone and OS, I can't describe how great it works for me

As far as priv goes, I want it badly, but only cause I love new toys but I know that I won't be happy with it after coming from Passport. Maybe priv 3.0 might get me, but not yet.

Thanks again guys for this great thread
    And thanks for the OT when BBRY news is slow. It satisfies my crackberryness even if not directly related to BBRY

This thread keeps me tied to crackberry, especially with the OT goodness

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, ZayDub, rarsen and 15 others like this.
    12-04-15 07:23 AM
    I couldn't agree more. I got the SE on EPP almost immediately and love it.

This will be one of the tragedies I will be telling my grandkids about when they are using their phones, and by then they will likely look just like a BlackBerry passport but have an apple logo on it

I can't believe lack of apps will keep this phones out of so many unknowingly craving hands of droiders and isheeple

This phone and OS, I can't describe how great it works for me

As far as priv goes, I want it badly, but only cause I love new toys but I know that I won't be happy with it after coming from Passport. Maybe priv 3.0 might get me, but not yet.

Thanks again guys for this great thread
    And thanks for the OT when BBRY news is slow. It satisfies my crackberryness even if not directly related to BBRY

This thread keeps me tied to crackberry, especially with the OT goodness

Posted via CB10
    So true. I'm almost sick with anxiety thinking about the possibility I may need to some day go to an OS that is missing so many core features and is not even in the same galaxy in fluidity for UI. Almost wish I never used BB10 so I could be ignorant to the fact of how good it is and just be be blissfully enjoying one of the other neutered OS's

I'm considering stepping up to a Passport soon. Would like a classic, but I wish it had at the very least a processor on par with the Z30. IMO, it's just a hair underpowered for the latest OS release.

12-04-15 08:28 AM
    You are not alone, guys. Apparently, others are loving the PP as well and are taking the time to let Marty know:

rarsen, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    12-04-15 09:14 AM
    Hey M8.... stop trumping my bid on SPHS and let it fill. Lmao

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    12-04-15 09:59 AM
    Interested in what QNX will be showcasing at CES?

This year at CES 2016, QNX will showcase its vision for the next stages of automated driving and will debut its latest concept vehicle, based on a Toyota Highlander. Our reference vehicle based on a Jeep Wrangler will also be on display with some exciting new features. Our experts will be on hand to share insights about how QNX technology will help tier 1s and automakers realize the autonomous future. The booth will also feature products from the BlackBerry IoT portfolio, including a not-to-be-missed new addition!

We will unveil the features of both vehicles at the show in January, so stay tuned.

Posted from my PassPort
    12-04-15 10:38 AM

This year at CES 2016, QNX will showcase its vision for the next stages of automated driving and will debut its latest concept vehicle, based on a Toyota Highlander. Our reference vehicle based on a Jeep Wrangler will also be on display with some exciting new features. Our experts will be on hand to share insights about how QNX technology will help tier 1s and automakers realize the autonomous future. The booth will also feature products from the BlackBerry IoT portfolio, including a not-to-be-missed new addition!

We will unveil the features of both vehicles at the show in January, so stay tuned.

Posted from my PassPort
    Liked it more when they used BMW, Bentley and Mercedes for their concept vehicles.......
    12-04-15 11:17 AM

This year at CES 2016, QNX will showcase its vision for the next stages of automated driving.. Our reference vehicle based on a Jeep Wrangler will !
    Nice. And BlackBerry should make a point to include a big banner that says "This one won't be hacked..."

As for the Passport, I will be shopping again in 6 months, so I am wishing for an all touch Passport with a slide down keyboard; a' la Priv.
    Gotta get consistency going here.
    Oh, and please include some sort of Alt key BlackBerry!

Happy Friday fellas!
    12-04-15 11:33 AM
    OT: AYA.TO quickly

Hey Morgan can I just quickly get your opinion on this? I know this isn't a stock you usually like because they have a large debt holding too. Their Financials are good and free cash flow is paying down their debt, still growing YoY but their last Q3 made them drop 30% (reminds me of bbry -_-) they met targets but lowered revenue down 11% due to currency exchange.

Their EBITDA compared to their closest rival should really have this stock valued much higher so im debating on buying more, seems like a huge over reaction from earning days.

TA wise how long can this stock remain oversold? We've seen this with bbry before and its sitting at 29 rsi right now, just trying to time things before the stock recovers. Any thoughts?

PS: i actually emailed the company and they said the feedback they got from investors was that it wasn't the currency issue that made it drop that much but how they communicated the revision. Here is the quote "Feedback was concerns over timing of revision and communications related to the reasons for that revision."

Thanks again M8

Posted via CB10
    slipstream89 !!

Hope all is well with you?!

You are right, this one is not my thing as it has debt and a business model that is really hard to understand from a growth point of view. The upside potential is definitely there, they have scale, an evolutionary business sector and apparently good management. I think you nailed it, the guidance was not good and it came at a time when some funds could dump their positions in November and get out to take the trade off their books. That's what I think happened to this one. From a TA point of view, RSI is just at the oversold point as mentioned, today the volume has dried up, it is December now and soon we will see the market turn positive and the stock is close to completing a double bottom or a retest of its closing low for this cycle. You might buy some below $ 20.00 but you shouldn't look for much more weakness here. GL
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-04-15 11:49 AM
    Hey M8.... stop trumping my bid on SPHS and let it fill. Lmao

Posted via CB10
    Sorry about that, I'm not going to lie, when it broke below $ 1.90 I was there to catch it. I'm inching my bid up and getting nothing for it. I just came to this thread and saw your message! Will we be seeing one of your 3-minute BBRY charts soon?
    12-04-15 11:55 AM
    Sorry about that, I'm not going to lie, when it broke below $ 1.90 I was there to catch it. I'm inching my bid up and getting nothing for it. I just came to this thread and saw your message! Will we be seeing one of your 3-minute BBRY charts soon?
    Haha. No worries. I've still got it there with a measly bite taken out... a whopping 107 filled. Who sells 7 bloody shares?!? Ugh. Oh well. Lots of time left in the day to adjust as needed, of it can come back to me. As for a chart, absolutely. With the exception of Tuesday trying to clear out above 8, it's been trading the lower end of the channel so hasn't been all that exciting. Definitely worth the weeks end recap charge though.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 12:12 PM
    Haha. No worries. I've still got it there with a measly bite taken out... a whopping 107 filled. Who sells 7 bloody shares?!? Ugh. Oh well. Lots of time left in the day to adjust as needed, of it can come back to me. As for a chart, absolutely. With the exception of Tuesday trying to clear out above 8, it's been trading the lower end of the channel so hasn't been all that exciting. Definitely worth the weeks end recap charge though.

Posted via CB10
    I'm seeing the same thing, odd lot sales of less than 100 and then a flurry of 100 and 200 shares at a time. Right after I posted to this thread I got a pile of stock so someone is watching the bids. I don't have a bid in right now so help yourself!

I have two radical BlackBerry charts I'm working on and I'll post them after the bell. They are a different look at the stock indicating that we have seen the high for today but there is the potential for another run at the $ 8.00 mark early next week. Considering the run on the DOW, BBRY is dead today!
    12-04-15 12:29 PM
    I'm seeing the same thing, odd lot sales of less than 100 and then a flurry of 100 and 200 shares at a time. Right after I posted to this thread I got a pile of stock so someone is watching the bids. I don't have a bid in right now so help yourself!

I have two radical BlackBerry charts I'm working on and I'll post them after the bell. They are a different look at the stock indicating that we have seen the high for today but there is the potential for another run at the $ 8.00 mark early next week. Considering the run on the DOW, BBRY is dead today!
    I just feel that with the ER so close, there will be a bit of a stalemate. I don't think there will be much in the way of tax loss selling till then either and that will wholly depend on the results. Time will tell i suppose.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 12:41 PM
113,251 ... 37123713371437153716 ...