View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You are assuming it was a successful product. But I think the most likely reason is not enough paying customers to pay for cost of support/branding/maintenance/r&d/marketing. WebEx, Microsoft are already very well entrenched into corporate 'meetings' space and it is quite possible that BBM meeting didn't get enough traction and wasn't successful as such.

I think it is fine to get rid of products that aren't performing to keep overall costs low. When BlackBerry is making (lots of) money again, it can afford to indulge in R&D a lot more and keeping products alive for much much longer.
    Why on earth would they EOL a product as promising as BBM Meetings? It hasn't been around long enough to make such a decision, unless there's a high cost/risk involved. With this move, I'm really starting to wonder how they intend to increase/diversify their services/ subscription model. Now it's just stickers and BBM Protected left. Ditch the latter, and BBM can be sold off to the highest bidder. What a mess.

Posted via CB10
    Intrestor likes this.
    12-01-15 05:17 PM
    Where's the source anyway?
    ZayDub likes this.
    12-01-15 05:21 PM
    Can someone ask when Blend desktop will be available for the Priv!

Posted via CB10
    I'll be at work, but I'll try throw that question in. If I don't, I'm fairly confident that someone else will though.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    12-01-15 05:34 PM
    Where's the source anyway?
    BBM Meetings service will be discontinued effective February 10th 2016
    12-01-15 05:37 PM
    Why on earth would they EOL a product as promising as BBM Meetings?
    The same reason you and I don't buy every stock we think is promising. We all have finite resources, whether it's $3 or $3B. So we invest in the things we feel have the best chance of success.

This is the most important job a CEO does. Chen has his prioritized list, presumably, of where he wants to allocate assets. This particular product didn't make the list (because of cost of service, cost of customer acquisition, and project value)

It doesn't necessarily mean the project doesn't have potential value, it just means there are products ahead of it with better expected returns.
    CDM76, morganplus8, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    12-01-15 06:10 PM
    Does this mean we will finally get cross platform BBM video? . Can someone joining the "AMA" session please ask about it?

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    Corbu, rarsen, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    12-01-15 06:13 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    BlackBerry rates highly in Patent Power....

http://spectrum.ieee.org/at-work/inn...rum+Full+Text)

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    12-01-15 06:26 PM
    The Best Smartphones You Can Buy Right Now - WSJ
    Joanna Stern

Priv gets in third after the Galaxy S6 and the Nexus 6P in her "Best Android Phones" category...

Speaking of security, I’ll allow well-heeled BlackBerry lovers a third option: the brand-new $700 Priv. A more-secure Android experience and a good, old physical keyboard merge the past with the present.
    morganplus8, rarsen, 3MIKE and 7 others like this.
    12-01-15 06:34 PM
    Thanks Morgan,

No worries about the delay in replying...Sundays are football and family day

Your insight is always valued and appreciated. I do want to hang on to my HALO shares as long as possible but I do need to free up some funds for a new condo (unlike where you're located, there isn't as much lake front property to invest in in Alberta so I have to find other real estate plays to diversify with). I'm trying to decide whether to focus on Jan or Mar calls...

Now let's hope that Blackberry's SP will go on a tear so we can write calls on it as well!

...BTW, I have one of these in my cellar to uncork for the $100 party...any Port enthusiasts who might want to join in?

Attachment 382615
    I LOVE ME some Port!!

вιaсĸвεггч� Z30 via CB10 (Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639) ‎Bell Mobility on BES12
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    12-01-15 08:15 PM
    I LOVE ME some Port!!

Hey Supa! That particular vintage is a rather rare commodity (it pre-dates Canada by 4 years!) and with the number of likes from that post, it seems that I better locate a couple more bottles so I can uncork two of them or some of us won't have a glass to savour.

If you can locate this Port, I think it's a safer investment than any stock as there is literally none left in existence after the 1,500 bottles are sold.

...forgive me for thy digression...
    12-01-15 08:32 PM
    OT: Security related

Data breach at Hong Kong toy maker VTech highlights broader problems

Data breach at Hong Kong toy maker VTech highlights broader problems - The Globe and Mail

". . . VTech said in a statement that about 5 million customer accounts and related children�s� profiles worldwide were affected. It did not break out how many profiles belonged to parents and how many to children. News site Motherboard reported that data belonging to some 4.8 million parents and more than 200,000 children was taken. . . "
    ^ I personal feel that a largely respectable group in security dig for and publicly post the core information that relates to things like this. Children's memberships NOT being divulged just how many where accessed?! As a parent I'm disgusted and appalled that the executive team is too focused on their coffers (already guaranteed) than investors squabbling and news fave to save. Armchair CEO in me would get the security team hold them responsible, contact THE best internet Enterprise security team for overhaul, forensics and divulge the full truth of it all along with a plan to quadruple down on security going forward locking accounts temporarily for a few short days. Bring back confidence in the corporate security. Then vet the changes. Heck even form a sort of consortium like that yearly hackers met except with live companies featuring the event and prizes so as to learn about security and strengthen it with holes found. (supply the computers and view all works in. Progress just in case a hacker chooses to find something not enter it and use it arbitrarily later on.

I agree, but the Passport wasn't John Chen brain child. Also as many have stated the books were not up to specs. But if they are now, I'm assuming they will start spending.

Corbu is to quick to the draw, his ancestors must have been from the west. Lol

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    And Yet the Passport was a think tank that never was released prior to Chen and he specifically gave the Go'ead to go production and sales! He's publicly and specifically mentioned this on two occasions. Wow how.many are still stuck with the previous guard here.

I'm currently back on Z30 and on BES12 silver license - housed in enterprise VM. Can you say Bliss boys and girls?

OlympusMons and La Emperor like this.
    12-01-15 08:38 PM
    Sadly this continues with BlackBerry's MO of killing support for products, how many of us end users have continuously been screwed over. Playbook, BB10, etc. They continue to do harm to their own brand. Further, how do they expect to sell and push new and such products into the channel without marketing in any appropriate manner.

Imagine all the people who make decisions to move and choose these products, these are decisions that can end the career of IT decision makers who choose to adopt products from BlackBerry, why do they deserve any trust?

Sadly this post will likely have me attacked, and I expect a warning I have in any of my posts, useless to even have an argument in here at times.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure BlackBerry is killing off BB10 per se - if Priv and other hardware products fail you can believe order by sale in lots of 10K will goto US Guv Germany etc too continued use cases or fortified Android in partnership with Samsung products or they'll by up Silent Circles' company and use their manufacturing. The issue here is with hardware level of trust and security it's killing Blackberry�s cost in making the product at the lowest possible cost to compete with Taiwan OEMs. We'll see though.

I do agree about BlackBerry not creating software and services that have future vision and goals beyond the BIG acquisitions. They need to develop more in-house like they used to do!

Hey Supa! That particular vintage is a rather rare commodity (it pre-dates Canada by 4 years!) and with the number of likes from that post, it seems that I better locate a couple more bottles so I can uncork two of them or some of us won't have a glass to savour.

If you can locate this Port, I think it's a safer investment than any stock as there is literally none left in existence after the 1,500 bottles are sold.

...forgive me for thy digression...
    Good LORD!!

How would one go about finding such a fine bottle of tasty beverage?! Great history and no forgiveness needed in fact I applaud.

OlympusMons likes this.
    12-01-15 10:39 PM
    I'm not sure BlackBerry is killing off BB10 per se - if Priv and other hardware products fail you can believe order by sale in lots of 10K will goto US Guv Germany etc too continued use cases or fortified Android in partnership with Samsung products or they'll by up Silent Circles' company and use their manufacturing. The issue here is with hardware level of trust and security it's killing Blackberry�s cost in making the product at the lowest possible cost to compete with Taiwan OEMs. We'll see though.

I do agree about BlackBerry not creating software and services that have future vision and goals beyond the BIG acquisitions. They need to develop more in-house like they used to do!

Good LORD!!

How would one go about finding such a fine bottle of tasty beverage?! Great history and no forgiveness needed in fact I applaud.

Ok waaay OT here:

I have a corporate account at the largest liquor merchant in town and just happened to see it on display one day at the beginning of the year. Considering it's been aged for over 152 years in a barrel and survived past the US Civil War, WWI, WWII, beginning of Industrialization, from horse and buggy to man landing on the moon, Vietnam War, just to name a few key events...it really is history in a bottle (of course it wasn't here in North America but it did survive through quite a bit in some dark cellar in Portugal).

Info link:
    1863 Single Harvest - Very Old Port Wine - Taylor's

I would check with some of your local higher end wine stores who may have access to their regional Taylor Fladgate rep. I've also seen some online retailers and resellers carry the odd one.

There are two more bottles that I ordered and held at the store since Feb at my corporate discounted rate but I fell ill and was hospitalized at that time and wasn't able to grab them before the pricing was adjusted upwards (they couldn't honour the same discount as the first one presumably because there are so limited numbers) so now I'm stubbornly holding out for a bit more (ok, to be honest... a lot more) profit in my BlackBerry shares and then grab them as a nice reward. As all true wine collectors know, if you find a good bottle try to buy three so you can drink one now, one in 3-5 years, and have one to keep just in case

Cheers!
    Last edited by OlympusMons; 12-01-15 at 11:50 PM.
    12-01-15 11:20 PM
    12-02-15 04:18 AM
    Hum..... karma

12-02-15 06:20 AM
    Passport love!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/12/...ng-nba-player/

12-02-15 07:58 AM
    Things have slowed down in here... so let's OT a bit and ask Morganplus8 about our very own basket of pharma's and what it looks like at this point in time!

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and Mr BBRY like this.
    12-02-15 09:25 AM
    Info!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/12/...ama-on-reddit/

12-02-15 09:35 AM
    Things have slowed down in here... so let's OT a bit and ask Morganplus8 about our very own basket of pharma's and what it looks like at this point in time!

Posted via CB10
    Sure, why not! HALO is looking mighty good today, on Friday, it failed to breakout setting us up for a down day on Monday. We tested $ 17.00/shr and looked weak all day but it then rallied to close at its 200-dma! With that, today it opened at the 200-dma and found support and now it is trying to complete what it couldn't do on Friday. We touched the resistance line about 20 minutes ago and if we can make a new nominal high later today and hold it, we are off to the races. The volume is light so let's see if they can lead the IBB Index and rally from here.

The next one that is out performing the IBB Index is PSDV, it is just above its 200-dma today and awakening from a long sleep.

The one that I don't want to rally is SPHS right now, why? ..... because I want to buy a ton of it. I believe they did a financing and haven't announced it yet. It is so cheap down here and I want a monster block of that one soon.

Let's get back to BBRY, I have support at $ 7.68/shr and we came oh so close this morning. I believe we are close to the bottom and will take another run at $ 8.00/shr again and this time we will surpass it for good. After November selling ended, we blew out of the gates and rallied to $ 8.16/shr where we were met with selling and pushed right back down. This $ 8.00 mark is 5-months old now and when it falls, it will mean the turning point for the stock and the company. We are in the most favourable period for all stocks, those like HALO are already well ahead of their index, BBRY will follow soon. Be patient and watch it bottom out and rally from here. GL
    12-02-15 09:57 AM
    Morgan,

What do you figure a good SPHS price is to jump on board? Or is there a certain time frame you are waiting before you buy?

Thanks as always

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    12-02-15 10:10 AM
    The Best Smartphones You Can Buy Right Now - WSJ
    Joanna Stern

Priv gets in third after the Galaxy S6 and the Nexus 6P in her "Best Android Phones" category...
    Well, at least it made the top 3 for high end androids. Better to see it in the article than not at all. So those who are thinking about going back to a keyboard will think "hmm.....must be a pretty great phone to come in at #3 for top androids...."
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    12-02-15 10:14 AM
    OT - how 'bout IDRA M8?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 10:19 AM
    Morgan,

What do you figure a good SPHS price is to jump on board? Or is there a certain time frame you are waiting before you buy?

Thanks as always

Posted via CB10
    I own it at a variety of prices now but I really wanted to buy a large block at around $ 1.80/shr when/if it tests the recent closing low for support. I have to say today that I will buy at $ 2.00/shr as I don't have any confidence that it is going lower and just might be a day away from a reversal. The TA tells me to buy something now, as from this point on, all stocks are bullish and this one is dirt cheap. Someone is accumulating it down here with $ 2.25/shr as resistance and $ 2.00 as support. It is a $ 32 MM valuation for a successfully completed Phase III cancer study and that is stupid cheap.
    12-02-15 10:26 AM
    OT - how 'bout IDRA M8?

Posted via CB10
    As you well know, it is out performing its index by a country mile and is becoming slightly over bought while hitting its $ 4.00/shr round number just like PSDV. The chart alone tells you to buy on the breakout and the sector is about to lead all others on this next upturn. I find it very interesting that some of these stocks are so far ahead of their index, very powerful indeed.
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    12-02-15 10:31 AM
    I own it at a variety of prices now but I really wanted to buy a large block at around $ 1.80/shr when/if it tests the recent closing low for support. I have to say today that I will buy at $ 2.00/shr as I don't have any confidence that it is going lower and just might be a day away from a reversal. The TA tells me to buy something now, as from this point on, all stocks are bullish and this one is dirt cheap. Someone is accumulating it down here with $ 2.25/shr as resistance and $ 2.00 as support. It is a $ 32 MM valuation for a successfully completed Phase III cancer study and that is stupid cheap.
    Hi Morgan, I totally concur... It took me about 5 days but I managed to accumulate a nice block of SPHS at $2.00 - just left the bid open and waited till it filled up The behavior is absolutely indicating that there is a $2 floor and my suspicion is that they did the financing at that level as well.

Also... hope PSDV goes on a good run. I don't hold very much of it but I did get caught up in a bit of the hype earlier this year and it's the only one I'm currently underwater with buying at $4.40.
    Last edited by OlympusMons; 12-02-15 at 11:08 AM.
    12-02-15 10:53 AM
113,256 ... 37093710371137123713 ...