702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Press release from PR Newswire

MobileIron and Good Technology Announce Settlement of Litigation

Tuesday, December 01, 2015

MobileIron and Good Technology Announce Settlement of Litigation

08:30 EST Tuesday, December 01, 2015

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Dec. 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- MobileIron (NASDAQ: MOBL) and Good Technology today announced that they have settled all outstanding litigation between them. The settlement includes a narrow, non-material license agreement between Good and MobileIron and a mutual dismissal of claims.
    12-01-15 08:30 AM
    I assume that's why MOBL has climbed over the past week...
    12-01-15 08:37 AM
    12-01-15 08:48 AM
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/canadi...130847202.html

Cognitive said it has teamed up with one unnamed partner to develop a home security and monitoring product for mid-2016 launch. The 50-employee company is also weighing targeting a second market segment by the end of next year.
    Who could the unnamed partner be? Security related, everyone.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    12-01-15 08:58 AM
    Well just got wind that my company was sold this morning. Really wouldn't mind a nice pop on my stock holdings to have a good cushion stashed just in case we have some "transition pains" as they put it.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    12-01-15 09:07 AM
    The PRIV?s First Software Update Is Live ? Here?s How to Download It | Inside BlackBerry

Here’s what the release, which brings productivity AND security improvements (and requires approx 475 MB of space), has to offer:

An improved camera: We’ve implemented a number of tweaks that improve the speed of our camera app, and re-tuned it for better low-light image quality.

Better performance: We’ve also tweaked the PRIV’s software to improve overall system performance

Improved stability: The update further includes a number of adjustments designed to improve device reliability and reduce instances of crashing and freezing.

Enhanced security: Lastly, the release includes December’s security patches – rest easy knowing your device is protected against the latest Android security threats.
    12-01-15 09:19 AM
    Nice to see a slap in the face of naysayer who been taunting on this site that we never gonna see an up date from BlackBerry, just to bad mouth the company and to trash the product. December 1st is less than a month of the release.
    Personal experience tells me that priv is a great phone. It gets lot better after a week or 2 use.
    Next step is to see the real sales numbers in less than 4 months. The real success of this phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 09:34 AM
    Well just got wind that my company was sold this morning. Really wouldn't mind a nice pop on my stock holdings to have a good cushion stashed just in case we have some "transition pains" as they put it.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Best Wishes and Good Luck.
    12-01-15 09:55 AM
    OT.
    This one very detailed review. Must watch.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 09:56 AM
    Let's encourage JC who had done excellent work in the past regarding SUCKS series. Is considering stopping but would continue if sufficient people continue to support him.

12-01-15 10:12 AM
    Nice to see a slap in the face of naysayer who been taunting on this site that we never gonna see an up date from BlackBerry, just to bad mouth the company and to trash the product. December 1st is less than a month of the release.
    Personal experience tells me that priv is a great phone. It gets lot better after a week or 2 use.
    Next step is to see the real sales numbers in less than 4 months. The real success of this phone.

Posted via CB10
    THIS. +1000000000000000000

OT.
    This one very detailed review. Must watch.

Posted via CB10
    Let's email these reviewers on Dec 16 (couple of days after all updates have been released) to see if they'll
    a) note that BB has quickly released updates and will continue to do so on monthly basis and
    b) if they'll do a follow-up review and adjust their rating from "almost perfect" to "perfect".
    I'll email them but if more of us email, they are more likely to do a follow-up review.
    12-01-15 10:44 AM
    12-01-15 10:55 AM
    THIS. +1000000000000000000

Let's email these reviewers on Dec 16 (couple of days after all updates have been released) to see if they'll
    a) note that BB has quickly released updates and will continue to do so on monthly basis and
    b) if they'll do a follow-up review and adjust their rating from "almost perfect" to "perfect".
    I'll email them but if more of us email, they are more likely to do a follow-up review.
    Already working on it. Lol

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151201_111228.png

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 11:13 AM
    Nice to see such a prompt update! Let's build consensus and confidence around the consumers; the market will follow ;-)

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Corbu, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    12-01-15 11:20 AM
    Need advice from T/A experts.... are we seeing a bit of a bearish divergence here on the daily BBRY chart? (shows even more on BB.TO)
    Seems like the bulls may be running out of steam on this rally.... maybe until earnings/quiet period?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry.png
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    12-01-15 11:35 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

?What unhappy Apple Watch owners think: Limited, poor battery, lacks value | ZDNet

Revealed: FBI can demand web history, phone location data without a warrant | ZDNet

VTech hack gets worse: Chat logs, kids' photos taken in breach | ZDNet
    "One security expert questioned why some data was collected by VTech in the first place. ... hacker who obtained personal data on almost 5 million parents and more than 200,000 children also took hundreds of gigabytes worth of profile photos, audio files, and chat logs -- many of which belong to children."
    12-01-15 11:37 AM
    Lol. Some how these threads are slacking for some reason. Not that I am complaining.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151201_123006.png

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    12-01-15 12:31 PM
    Just a heads-up: Directory of Mobile Security Alex Mania & Director of Handheld Software Product Management Michael Clewley are doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on reddit.com/r/android at 2 pm EST on December 3rd.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    12-01-15 02:54 PM
    12-01-15 03:09 PM
    BBM Meeting is EOL...toast, finished. Bizarre move IMO.

you've been made privy to my thoughts.
    Heinz Katchup and rarsen like this.
    12-01-15 04:17 PM

Maybe due to the deal with Cisco? Cause it directly competes with WebEx ? Plus ROI maybe low and not profitable.

Heinz Katchup likes this.
    12-01-15 04:49 PM
    Just a heads-up: Directory of Mobile Security Alex Mania & Director of Handheld Software Product Management Michael Clewley are doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on reddit.com/r/android at 2 pm EST on December 3rd.

Posted via CB10
    Can someone ask when Blend desktop will be available for the Priv!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-01-15 04:55 PM
    They ditched BBM Meetings?! :-O

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 04:58 PM
    Probably Zoom raising their rates on BBRY and squeezing BBRY's markup margins. Now if Chen would only invest in their own crossplatform video solution, or better yet, just BUY Zoom!
    Superfly_FR and gedob like this.
    12-01-15 05:00 PM

Maybe due to the deal with Cisco? Cause it directly competes with WebEx ? Plus ROI maybe low and not profitable.

Can someone ask when Blend desktop will be available for the Priv!

Posted via CB10
    They ditched BBM Meetings?! :-O

Posted via CB10
    Probably Zoom raising their rates on BBRY and squeezing BBRY's markup margins. Now if Chen would only invest in their own crossplatform video solution, or better yet, just BUY Zoom!
    You are assuming it was a successful product. But I think the most likely reason is not enough paying customers to pay for cost of support/branding/maintenance/r&d/marketing. WebEx, Microsoft are already very well entrenched into corporate 'meetings' space and it is quite possible that BBM meeting didn't get enough traction and wasn't successful as such.

I think it is fine to get rid of products that aren't performing to keep overall costs low. When BlackBerry is making (lots of) money again, it can afford to indulge in R&D a lot more and keeping products alive for much much longer.
    12-01-15 05:05 PM
113,250 ... 37083709371037113712 ...