View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    bungaboy, gedob, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    11-27-15 12:18 PM
    So much for thinking out loud!!
    Ha ha ha just envious and messing' with ya.
    3MIKE likes this.
    11-27-15 12:57 PM
    Corbabalooey!!!!
    Corbu and 3MIKE like this.
    11-27-15 12:59 PM
    Time for an update on my useless channel checks (since it's a media quite period)! Last check showed 494, again we are on the 75 to 100 units per 24hr, minus the return rate ( got it right this time 3Mike). That's equal to five units. Lol

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by bbjdog; 11-27-15 at 01:53 PM.
    morganplus8, ZayDub, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    11-27-15 01:12 PM
    Time for an update on my useless channel checks (since it's a media quite period)! Last check showed 494, again we are on the 75 to 100 units, minus the return rate ( got it right this time 3Mike). That's equal to five units. Lol

This is the Amazon channel you're referring to right? Hopefully the carrier partners have a similar or better sell rate also, and Shop BB!

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    11-27-15 01:18 PM
    This is the Amazon channel you're referring to right? Hopefully the carrier partners have a similar or better sell rate also, and Shop BB!

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Nope, referring to BBshop. Hey don't put to much weight behind that info. Take it with a pound of salt. There's no way BlackBerry would allow us to track their sales.

bungaboy, CDM76 and ZayDub like this.
    11-27-15 01:23 PM
    Someone printed 9 mil. Priv sales on Twitter.
    So, this must be true, isn't it ? *

Heading south full throttle for a friend's 50th birthday.
    You won't probably see me a lot by Monday (not sure I'll be able to hold my passport lol).

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
    And have a great weekend !

* hey: use ur brain please!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    11-27-15 01:37 PM
    Ha, pretty dry day. Seems the Priv run has slowed for the time being. I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade between $7.75-8 until the week before the ER when everyone starts placing their bets.

With the lower short interest, I figure we'll stand a chance of the bets being on a beat. This would mean grey results might also have a chance of being skewed to positive for once. Fingers crossed, I think I'm happy with my position.
    Hope your wrong, But the chart looks to agree that BBRY will be tightly range bound until earnings.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-triangle.png
    11-27-15 03:09 PM
    saw this on another site
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-original_46002903.png
    11-27-15 04:45 PM
    11-27-15 04:53 PM
    Happy Friday to all. What a week in the market with many "stupid" huge gains and losses. BBRY, however, has traded quite nicely. It's been cool, calm, and collected as it's pressed the major resistance of $8. Since it was denied two days in a row, it didn't have the strength to push on through so it needs to pull back to recoup. On the 15 minute chart, support isn't far below, and it's two fold. Not only is the $7.75 area a proven line, but the 200-MA is creeping up as well and should add to the support. I'll also include the daily just for reference of where the 15 minute fits in.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-11-27-5.40.17-pm.pngThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-11-27-5.35.09-pm.png
    11-27-15 04:53 PM
    LOL CHAAARRRTTTSSS....
    kadakn01, bungaboy and 3MIKE like this.
    11-27-15 04:55 PM
    11-27-15 05:49 PM
    Widly OT
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151127_212302.jpg
    That's a night shot w/o flash with the awfull passport front cam.
    Not to mention the... well... y'a know
    11-27-15 06:01 PM
    I hope we'll hear of BlackBerry's tracking box soon... it was supposed to launch in November?!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 05:06 AM
    Someone printed 9 mil. Priv sales on Twitter.
    So, this must be true, isn't it ? *

Heading south full throttle for a friend's 50th birthday.
    You won't probably see me a lot by Monday (not sure I'll be able to hold my passport lol).

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
    And have a great weekend !

* hey: use ur brain please!

Posted via CB10
    Croatia is south.
    vuzemd likes this.
    11-28-15 05:21 AM
    11-28-15 07:59 AM
    Nine of the year?s best smartphones - The Globe and Mail

If you don't want to click the G&M's link:

BlackBerry Priv

BlackBerry’s first foray into a true Android phone can technically be considered a successful debut. The Priv runs a purer version of Android than others do, sprinkling its own software throughout, and adding extra layers of security along the way. The Hub messaging platform has been brought over, and the slide-out physical keyboard will conjure up memories of the old Torch. BlackBerry’s own onscreen keyboard acts as an alternative, and all told, this is a hybrid handset that delivers for an outright price of $899.
    Last edited by Corbu; 11-28-15 at 08:39 AM.
    11-28-15 08:12 AM
    I believe that at one time I was down to 555 and then tried 554 and was in Stock. Went backup to 555 and still in Stock, then ran back up to 574. Could have been restock or my mistake on numbers.

Showing 418 available now. If this is anyway even semi accurate they are selling at a decent rate. Wonder what big corporate orders Chen is not yet announcing.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 10:13 AM
    Showing 418 available now. If this is anyway even semi accurate they are selling at a decent rate. Wonder what big corporate orders Chen is not yet announcing.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, pretty steady rate. If everyone is selling at this rate then it sounds good for BlackBerry. But I will take it with a pound of salt, just like the installed apps. To bad this quarter is to short for the numbers, but we always have next quarter to look forward too. But let's factor the return rate of 125%. Lol

CDM76, 3MIKE, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    11-28-15 12:47 PM
    Juste received this article from SA. There is an interesting comparison with Coca-Cola.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3717766?source=ansh

BlackBerry: Priv 'Marketing Ploy' Could Be A Stroke Of Genius

Nov 28 2015, 14:34

About: BBRY � Includes: GOOG, GOOGL

Summary

BlackBerry recently introduced the Android-operated Priv.The phone has access to Google apps and has received carrier support - an improvement over its other phones.SA's KIA believes BlackBerry may have shot itself in the foot with scaled down security features for the Priv.The marketing ploy could be the stroke of genius BlackBerry needs to jump start handset sales.

(click to enlarge)

BlackBerry Priv. Source: droidlife.com

It is nearly impossible to please BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) bears. In March Mark Hibben excoriated the company,*noting*how "Almost everything in the Android or iOS device worlds outclasses BlackBerry's best." The company responded by introducing the BlackBerry Priv, a premium phone that runs on Android. The Priv has access to Google/Alphabet (NASDAQ:GOOG) (NASDAQ:GOOGL) apps and is receiving*carrier support*- that alone gives it a leg up over other BlackBerry phones. However, SA author KIA was unimpressed by what he described as the Priv's*weaker security:

In an effort to garner much needed market share, BlackBerry has moved away from its own security-focused operating system and instead decided to tap into the install base of the most popular smartphone operating system on the planet - Android.

The problem with this move by BlackBerry is that much of BlackBerry's core customers are governments and enterprises where security is everything. And while Android is known for a lot of things, "security" isn't one of them.

The Situation

I have been a loyal BlackBerry customer for over a decade. I became attracted to the stock due to its revenue diversification, and the fact that management's new focus on consumer tastes would spur smartphone sales. However, neither thesis has played out.

With SAF fees in runoff, BlackBerry's revenue for FQ2 2016 was down 47% from the year earlier period. Hardware sales have been a bigger disappointment. Neither the BlackBerry Classic or Passport, which were launched in the second half of 2014, have jumpstarted handset sales. In November of last year I thought BlackBerry had a chance to sell 8 to 9 million smartphones to meet its previous $2.5 billion FY16revenue bogey.

After the company reported handset revenue of $464 million on 1.9 million unit sales in the first half of FY 2016, my unbridled optimism turned into a pipe dream.

It all begs the question, "If consumers do not value the security features of BlackBerry handsets, does security really matter?"

Priv Could Be Ingenious Marketing Ploy

My BlackBerry works just fine. However, we live in an app world. Years ago my friends and I mocked kids for playing games on their iPhones, and laughed at how the iPhone would never cross over into the business world. However, those kids are now grown ups, working in business. They are wedded to the iPhone and probably place apps as a higher priority to security.

"New Coke" Effect

One thing that would make security features sexy again is an important data or security breach. Changing consumer tastes have practically forced BlackBerry to develop an Android-operated phone. In doing so, it may end up giving consumers the gift of missing its security features. In that vein, the failure of "New Coke" comes to mind.

After losing market share to Pepsi in the early '80s, Coke assumed it was due to the fact that Pepsi had a sweeter taste; blind taste tests seemed to confirm Coke's suspicions. In 1985 Coke took one of the biggest marketing risks of all time - it replaced its original soda with a new formula that became known as*New Coke. The change*created outrage*among loyalists that even Coke was unprepared for:

What these tests didn't show, of course, was the bond consumers felt with their Coca-Cola - something they didn't want anyone, including The Coca-Cola Company, tampering with. The events of the spring and summer of '85 - pundits blasting the "marketing blunder of the century," consumers hoarding the "old" Coke, calls of protests by the thousands - changed forever The Coca-Cola Company's thinking.

After about three months Coke brought back the old coke -*Coca-Cola Classic. The reintroduction led to a surge in sales. The old coke was so successful that some assumed the entire episode was a marketing ploy; Coke was in effect "giving consumers the gift of missing it."

Conclusion

While KIA believes BlackBerry may have shot itself in the foot, I believe the Priv is a stroke of genius. If the Priv is a hit, it helps BlackBerry jump start its handset division. If consumers long for the most secure OS on the market, it could spur sales of the old BlackBerry devices. Either way BlackBerry wins.

Disclosure:*I am/we are long BBRY.

I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.
    rarsen, zlatno, CDM76 and 6 others like this.
    11-28-15 02:08 PM
    Kind of OT:

Hi Morgan (and others interested in options). Wanted to wait for the weekend to ask so I wouldn't clutter the board with OT items during our busy time with BBRY.

I was thinking of starting on an options (Call) writing strategy as you've eluded to recently using my existing HALO shares. What prices seems attractive at this time to consider? I see that there are January $19 calls for Bid $1.05 - Ask $1.55 and $20 calls for Bid $0.75 - Ask $1.20 ...or should I aim for higher strike prices and/or a longer time frame...any thoughts?
    11-28-15 03:37 PM
    3MIKE, rarsen, La Emperor and 10 others like this.
    11-29-15 07:02 AM
    3MIKE, rarsen, La Emperor and 6 others like this.
    11-29-15 07:03 AM
    And Mercedes finish 1-2 at Abu Dhabi GP!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cu_jqezwcaaefrr.jpg
    11-29-15 08:55 AM
113,251 ... 37063707370837093710 ...