View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I was hoping to either add you to BBM or email you about some stock questions I have.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    1. Buy BB(RY) shares.
    2. Hold for 12-18 months.
    3. Celebrate.

Edit by SF - disclaimer -
    The above should be understood as a personal view and not an advice to invest.
    Readers are encouraged to do their own personal research before taking action

11-24-15 02:46 AM
    Why would BlackBerry spend huge marketing $$$ BEFORE they enter all the major markets? Did I mention that demand is outweighing supply???
    Point made.
    I believe there's also a timing to consider. Quarter ends in a few days and they may not want to impute significant marketing expenses to the current quarter (i.e weighting it on a few weeks V.S a full quarter). I believe we should monitor actions taken after the 28th.

P.S: please, avoid direct (personal) shout out. Caps weren't required (editing as I wrote).
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    11-24-15 02:59 AM
    Looks like the Priv is once again only available by third party on amazon. Could be a few buying them all up, just to resell them, and then return any unsold stock to amazon 14 days later

Still available on shopblackberry Canada

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    11-24-15 04:44 AM
    Point made.
    I believe there's also a timing to consider. Quarter ends in a few days and they may not want to impute significant marketing expenses to the current quarter (i.e weighting it on a few weeks V.S a full quarter). I believe we should monitor actions taken after the 28th.

P.S: please, avoid direct (personal) shout out. Caps weren't required (editing as I wrote).
    These were exactly my thoughts. Since most Privs sold will not contribute this quarter, just the minimal for now as not to rack up expenses for this Q.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Superfly_FR, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    11-24-15 06:25 AM
    11-24-15 07:51 AM
    11-24-15 07:58 AM
    11-24-15 08:22 AM
    Holiday deals at Shopblackberry.Com

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/11/...hopblackberry/

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, CDM76, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    11-24-15 09:04 AM
    Do you realize that from ALL reports, the PRIVs ARE selling well (demand outweighing supply)?
    You realize that the media surrounding the PRIV is non-stop. You realize that Chen STATED that a marketing campaign will start in December. You realize that the PRIV was on 'Good Morning America' (or a similar show) and they gave away 40 PRIVs. You realize that AT&T is marketing the PRIV in their stores.

Why would BlackBerry spend huge marketing $$$ BEFORE they enter all the major markets? Did I mention that demand is outweighing supply???
    IMHO, Selling well isn't good enough. Initial reports were that previous BB10 devices were selling well too. They sold out on various sites as well, hence why very little faith is put into reports of online sales now and why some are skeptical about how many retailers have received.

If I put 100 privs for sale and sell out they sold well (from my perspective) , but not well enough for BlackBerry to make profit.

BlackBerry has a history of not promoting it's products. SO FAR the Priv looks no different. However, I have seen a few online adds for the passport lately.

Edit : didn't BlackBerry claim to market the Z10 and other BB10 devices as well ?

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_ likes this.
    11-24-15 09:06 AM
    Brown shoes! I tell ya. Brown shoes!
    11-24-15 09:17 AM
    IMHO, Selling well isn't good enough. Initial reports were that previous BB10 devices were selling well too. They sold out on various sites as well, hence why very little faith is put into reports of online sales now and why some are skeptical about how many retailers have received.

If I put 100 privs for sale and sell out they sold well (from my perspective) , but not well enough for BlackBerry to make profit.

BlackBerry has a history of not promoting it's products. SO FAR the Priv looks no different. However, I have seen a few online adds for the passport lately.

Edit : didn't BlackBerry claim to market the Z10 and other BB10 devices as well ?

Posted via CB10
    First off:
    Adds | Define Adds at Dictionary.com

The last thing I want BlackBerry to do is spend $ 100's of millions on ads that are already in the market via the social media and reviews. How does it make sense to spend more on advertising then any amount of money they can earn? The Priv is already mentioned daily as it is. I would rather they post some profits down the road as I see too many ads regarding the Priv on every website I go to now.
    11-24-15 09:18 AM
    I see ads for "Priv" at Toronto Maple Leafs games.

I guess they would be more meaningful if they were at the Montreal Canadiens games. Winning teams can have such a positive effect.

This would also indicate we won't be selling many Privs in Edmonton.
    11-24-15 09:32 AM
    I see ads for "Priv" at Toronto Maple Leafs games.

I guess they would be more meaningful if they were at the Montreal Canadiens games. Winning teams can have such a positive effect.

This would also indicate we won't be selling many Privs in Edmonton.
    This unfriended button on this thread isn't working! Lmao

11-24-15 09:36 AM
    FWIW:
    https://www.htxt.co.za/2015/11/24/th...android-phone/
    THE PRIV SLIDER WON’T BE BLACKBERRY’S LAST ANDROID PHONE
    11-24-15 09:36 AM
    First off:

The last thing I want BlackBerry to do is spend $ 100's of millions on ads that are already in the market via the social media and reviews. How does it make sense to spend more on advertising then any amount of money they can earn? The Priv is already mentioned daily as it is. I would rather they post some profits down the road as I see too many ads regarding the Priv on every website I go to now.
    I don't see the problem as not enough advertising -- although that is a small concern I have right now and I do understand if they want to push spend into December qtr -- but not having enough units to meet demand at launch is a big problem. This is a very very slow roll-out, and they don't have enough units even for NA / UK.

Part of me thinks they put the build run on hold to fix some small issues (will they fix that bubbly back plate?), part of me thinks they already had a build plan in place and they aren't changing it even with more initial demand than expected.

I don't think they have taken other considerations into account as much as they should -- you can get an S6 / Note 5 at a great price now with Black Friday deals as they ready the S7 launch. The Nexus 6P is already a strong competitor. They need to sell as many units as they can ASAP before competitor flagship prices move lower and lower....and that is not going to happen by building 25-50K units a week at Wistron and extrapolating out.

If they slowed the builds to fix issues, then I'm ok with that and rev will take a bit of a hit and the positive will be less complaints and higher reviews to benefit the product long term.

If it's a poor rollout and JIT orders that are seriously under meeting demand....in the name of making the earnings for this quarter look good....I don't agree with that.

EDIT: Put me down for armchair COO. I need to have beers with Marty.
    11-24-15 09:48 AM
    FWIW:
    https://www.htxt.co.za/2015/11/24/th...android-phone/
    THE PRIV SLIDER WON’T BE BLACKBERRY’S LAST ANDROID PHONE
    “I like the Android OS because it allows us to secure it properly,” he [BlackBerry’s Nader Henein] said. “It is an open OS and Google has been extremely supportive because they have been, whether rightfully or wrongfully, accused over the years of not putting in sufficient privacy and security controls, and getting BlackBerry to put their name and reputation behind that, is a massive step for the Android ecosystem.”
    Chen reads Sun Tzu in the text ...
    Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.
    Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
    Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    11-24-15 10:02 AM
    re: Priv volumes. Simply put.
    I've never, seen as many reviews and press about a BlackBerry device.
    Just.never.
    So, say its seductive capacity (that never seem to expand beyond loyalists for BB10) is average; I take the 5 Mil./year goal as an easy target.
    It's not about he Priv alone, but residual BB10 sales + Priv + Next Android device.
    11-24-15 10:07 AM
    It would be interesting to know how many Priv buyers are 'new' customers v BlackBerry 10 owners who are tossing their BlackBerry 10 phone for an Android. Have we got any early indications?

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    11-24-15 10:24 AM
    First off:

The last thing I want BlackBerry to do is spend $. 100's of millions on ads that are already in the market via the social media and reviews. How does it make sense to spend more on advertising then any amount of money they can earn? The Priv is already mentioned daily as it is. I would rather they post some profits down the road as I see too many ads regarding the Priv on every website I go to now.
    Oops. Damn auto correct lol

I know what you are saying but does the average person see, read, watch these reviews ? Some do. Many don't. My gf used to think that the iPhone was the only one with certain features because it was advertised everywhere.

I know that it may not be a popular opinion but sometimes you need to spend money in order to make money.

Sometimes we need to step back and see what the average person ( non-fan/ non-investor) sees. I believe that they aren't seeing much about this device. Most have HEARD about it but they don't know anything about it.

Posted via CB10
    Elephant_Canyon and awindsr like this.
    11-24-15 10:26 AM
    It would be interesting to know how many Priv buyers are 'new' customers v BlackBerry 10 owners who are tossing their BlackBerry 10 phone for an Android. Have we got any early indications?

Posted via CB10
    Early indicators are premature.
    11-24-15 11:16 AM
    And this is why the Priv is so important. At our company we now have more than 30 internal custom apps. This is why we issue only Android and iOS devices to employees.

Priv + Good gives BlackBerry a way back in the door here. That at least gives them a chance. The BB brand perception isn't that bad in our CIO's office. They just didn't have a product that fit well for us before.
    11-24-15 11:27 AM
    Among the ZDNet news today:

iPad Pro: Apple's tablet is a big fat enterprise failure | ZDNet

http://www.zdnet.com/article/uk-men-...tag=TRE17cfd61

Skype, WhatsApp, and Yelp access your data hundreds of times, but nobody knows why | ZDNet
    But for the fact that particularly since some of these companies -- notably Facebook and Microsoft -- have come out in favor of privacy in the wake of revelations about government surveillance, you would hope that they would be a bit more willing to explain what's going on.""
    11-24-15 11:31 AM
    Some are still holding on to there BB10!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/11/...coming-to-him/

11-24-15 12:02 PM
    Smart phone of the year finalists at German website. Priv sitting at #5

Umfrage: Euer Smartphone des Jahres 2015 Das Finale! Vote!
    11-24-15 12:03 PM
    And this is why the Priv is so important. At our company we now have more than 30 internal custom apps. This is why we issue only Android and iOS devices to employees.

Priv + Good gives BlackBerry a way back in the door here. That at least gives them a chance. The BB brand perception isn't that bad in our CIO's office. They just didn't have a product that fit well for us before.
    I think John Chen believed in what you are saying and he had the vision to make such correction. John Chen stated that this PRIV device was in the making for two years. So his vision was from the start of his BlackBerry career to transform the company. Bold move and I hope it pays off for John Chen and his team!

Good to hear that they now have the PRIV for all their needs.

11-24-15 12:11 PM
113,256 ... 36983699370037013702 ...