View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    11-22-15 04:05 PM
    A question for you, if it reaches 10 again, are you going to sell, leave it or buy more? Personally, I think I decide not to sell any at that point until $100 party. But what do I know. Psychology is very tricky. What is weak hands? Sell at 8, sell at 10 or 12, 14, 16, 18, 22, 40, 100......?

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    That's what I've often wondered!
    If we start to climb, where do we start seeing the bag holders bailing? Are there enough of them to stop a rally? How many rallies will it take to flush them all out?

I know this is the basis of TA and essentially the stock market, but BlackBerry investors have had an exceptionally rough ride, so emotions might play a bigger role than the standard TA rules and metrics.
    11-22-15 07:40 PM
    That's what I've often wondered!
    If we start to climb, where do we start seeing the bag holders bailing? Are there enough of them to stop a rally? How many rallies will it take to flush them all out?

I know this is the basis of TA and essentially the stock market, but BlackBerry investors have had an exceptionally rough ride, so emotions might play a bigger role than the standard TA rules and metrics.
    I have been always scared to sell a major part just don't want to miss the possible crazy rally. Once you missed, you really need big courage to get in again at higher level. When you want to get in on pull back but what if the pull back don't happen or you missed the pull back. Timing the market is very tough. That is why I think if you get in early, you wouldn't be scared to hold even though it were volatile at much higher levels. I wonder how many of us will actually hold until $100 party.

ZayDub likes this.
    11-22-15 08:17 PM
    I have been always scared to sell a major part just don't want to miss the possible crazy rally. Once you missed, you really need big courage to get in again at higher level. When you want to get in on pull back but what if the pull back don't happen or you missed the pull back. Timing the market is very tough. That is why I think if you get in early, you wouldn't be scared to hold even though it were volatile at much higher levels. I wonder how many of us will actually hold until $100 party.

I'll sell 25% at $25 increments.

Under $25, I am not even selling 1 share.

So, I plan to hold 25% of my total for $100 for sure.

Posted via CB10
    huwit, CDM76, Andy_bb_king and 2 others like this.
    11-22-15 09:12 PM
    Should BlackBerry Sell QNX? Yes http://seekingalpha.com/article/3704966?source=ansh $BBRY, $NOK

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-22-15 10:22 PM
    A question for you, if it reaches 10 again, are you going to sell, leave it or buy more? Personally, I think I decide not to sell any at that point until $100 party. But what do I know. Psychology is very tricky. What is weak hands? Sell at 8, sell at 10 or 12, 14, 16, 18, 22, 40, 100......?

Personally, it depends on the story the company is telling and whether I believe it. I've been able to be more successful as a trader than an investor, per se. I view myself as a momentum or swing trader with an affinity for BBRY. I think i'll do like I've seen Morgan do before, and that's always keep a certain amount of shares since I believe in the company long-term, but then have other shares that I'll flip in and out of while still maintaining my core position.

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    11-22-15 11:40 PM
    That said, if PRIV doesn't sell well, stock market is going to punish BlackBerry even harder this time. I really wish they had invested serious money behind marketing Priv and had not been this conservative with manufacturing (causing weeks of out of stock message). Anyway, let's hope for the best.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-23-15 01:40 AM
    That said, if PRIV doesn't sell well, stock market is going to punish BlackBerry even harder this time. I really wish they had invested serious money behind marketing Priv and had not been this conservative with manufacturing (causing weeks of out of stock message). Anyway, let's hope for the best.

Posted via CB10
    The markets have already determined that BlackBerry's HW division is worth zero..?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 05:58 AM
    Should BlackBerry Sell QNX? Yes Should BlackBerry Sell QNX? Yes - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha $BBRY, $NOK

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Told you we'll start to see valuations "if the rumor get some legs" ... well, let's take the prothesis for now
    I don't know how much money QNX can fetch, but I think that a price tag between $1 and $1.5 billion is not a lot, if the Germans paid $3 billion for HERE.
    So, IF we value QNX alone at $1.5 Bil. what's the whole BlackBerry's ?
    11-23-15 06:21 AM
    Well, it's also all about your savings and needs.
    As I mentionned in OP, I'm not a speculator and used some cash available when I invested.
    Time goes and now, 4 years later, I do need to refuel my savings, since I bite into them to offset some unforseen expenses.
    So, I'd play the safe and conservative game.
    My average is in the �8.25 (depending on currency exchange) so, if we hit �16+ then I'll probably sell 50% of my BBRY portfolio (meaning : all the remaining shares will be benefits) and let them grow, probably for the long term. And yes, I do believe the $100 bar is not a fiction. More a question of time.

FWIW.
    zlatno, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    11-23-15 06:32 AM
    The markets have already determined that BlackBerry's HW division is worth zero..?

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't matter. If tomorrow BlackBerry jokes about how they failed to sell 'refrigerators'. Likes of Morgan Stanley would be able to make punishing noise.

Another failure or disappointment (even if currently valued at zero) will take stock down really hard. It's not logical but that's how the likes of Faucette have been playing it.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-23-15 08:37 AM
    Holy push right out the gate!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 08:39 AM
    So, let's test and taste the height, err - sry - the 8's !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    11-23-15 09:21 AM
    Good luck man!! I hope it pays off for you.

Posted via CB10
    It's looking pretty good on day 4 of 30 lol...26 more days to go haha

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    11-23-15 09:36 AM

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    I was thinking of you first thing this morning when I saw the pm action lol. It's only up over 5000% in a week.

Edit - Holy p o o p!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 11-23-15 at 11:07 AM.
    take99, 3MIKE and ZayDub like this.
    11-23-15 09:57 AM
    Bounced twice @ $7.99 & $7.98 : try again !!!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    11-23-15 09:58 AM
    Secure me some cookies. Bark bark

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 10:03 AM
    OT but not so much.

SF, perhaps we'll need your help for translation... my English is not good enough...

BlackBerry a sign� un retour fracassant avec le Priv. La firme canadienne va logiquement continuer sur sa lanc�e en proposant d’autres smartphones tournant sous Android. Et le smartphone qui vient de fuiter pourrait en faire partie.

BlackBerry-Priv-STV100-1-Specifications

En effet, un myst�rieux smartphone BlackBerry, nomm� STV100-1 est apparu sur Geekbench. Sa particularit� ? Tourner avec un processeur Exynos 7420 de chez Samsung. Notons que le Priv, premier de la gamme Android, fonctionne lui avec un Snapdragon 808.

Ce n’est peut-�tre qu’un test, ou alors un indice sur les specs du prochain b�b� de la firme canadienne. Pour rappel, un myst�rieux Vienna avait fuit� il y a quelques temps. En tout cas, le Vienna pourrait bien embarquer un �cran de 5 pouces, comme nous pouvons le voir dans les visuels qui avaient fuit�.

Attendons maintenant plus d’infos de la part de BlackBerry.

-----------------------
    Mhooo-ed by SF :
    -----------------------
    BlackBerry signed a strike with the Priv. The Canadian firm will logically maintain momentum with other Android smartphones variants. And the one that just leaked may be one of them.

BlackBerry-Priv-STV100-1-Specifications
    Indeed, a mysterious BlackBerry smartphone, code name STV100-1 appeared on GeekBench. Its originality ? Running a Samsung Exynos 7420, while its predecessor - Priv - runs a Snapdragon 808.

This might be a test or a clue revealing next Canuck BaBy's specs. ICYMI, a mystery device - code name Vienna - leaked a while ago. By and large, that Vienna might sport a 5" display as we can see in the pictures that leaked.

SF note : AFAIK: no pictures, only renders of Vienna have leaked. I'll take that wit a pinch of salt !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-23-15 at 11:27 AM.
    11-23-15 11:05 AM
    11-23-15 11:06 AM
    @Christophe : haha ... lesson learned : read all thread before posting. Hopefully, ridicule does not kill
    11-23-15 11:28 AM
    Merci SF; je l'ai vu entretemps...
    Superfly_FR and Corbu like this.
    11-23-15 11:31 AM
    Good day all. I made a post in the Priv section and thought you might find it an interesting read:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1050684/

I had trouble with my initial Priv, and it's a story with a so far happy ending in an AT&T Corp store...
    11-23-15 11:42 AM

Yeah baby, wooohooooo
    I'm happy for you!!!!!
    What a call, at this rate it's going to either be back to 44cents or $350 a share

My fingers are crossed for ya

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and ZayDub like this.
    11-23-15 12:05 PM
    What are you talking about? Which company?
    11-23-15 12:16 PM
    Testing the BlackBerry Priv convinced me to buy another Passport | ZDNet

Someone with the opinion that those with a Passport are already so well served with flagship quality amplified with the benefits of BB10, that there is not yet sufficient reason to replace it with a PRIV.

I personally believe different strokes for different folks, the PRIV is quite nice and can very well meet the needs of many out there. Myself am not yet in a rush to change, as among those who continues to totally enjoy the many qualities of Passport. But not saying that I could not have both models later.
    Corbu, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    11-23-15 12:17 PM
113,250 ... 36963697369836993700 ...