View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Nov. 6th Chen said more acquisitions are coming. Given timing and his public comments I would say: dd complete, target(s) identified, bankers hired, deal discussed, initial offer probably made, announcement is pending some final details (price...).

Looking at the EMM space, some of the similarities between MobileIron and Good Tech are interesting:

1. Annual revenue $160M-$200M representing approximately 10% of the EMM market (each).
    2. Both losing money.
    3. MobileIron market cap is approximately $350M implying a deal gets done around $420M - same size as Good acquisition.
    4. Both companies 'Leaders' in Gartner's 2015 EMM Magic Quadrant.

Gartner 2015:

Leaders – AirWatch by VMware, MobileIron, IBM, Good Technology and Citrix
    Visionaries – Soti, Sophos and Microsoft (included this year)
    Challengers – SAP
    Niche – BlackBerry, Landesk and Globo

Looking at the list, only MOBL makes sense in the EMM space and he may just be looking at a land grab here. Whomever the company, we should know soon.
    It's an interesting thought. My take on it is that he was speaking a little more generally and nothing of that size was imminent. I think he has referenced in the past wanting to fully integrate the Good acquisition prior to doing anything more significant. So I guess from my standpoint I could see something like MOBL in the new year? Speculation, to be sure.
    11-19-15 02:51 PM
    China Aims to Build Its Own Secure Smartphones - WSJ

China is seeking to make its own secure smartphones, in an attempt to insulate its handsets from U.S. surveillance.

The effort involves both state-owned companies and some of the country’s savvier technology firms and marks the latest step in Beijing’s quest to build a homegrown tech industry that cuts out U.S. suppliers.

Chinese officials have long chafed at U.S. companies’ dominance in smartphone operating systems and processors—the parts of a handset most vulnerable to hacking. In China, the world’s largest smartphone market, almost all handsets are either Apple Inc. iPhones or are powered by Google’s Android operating system.

For years, China’s lagging technology meant there was little it could do. The country’s first lady, Peng Liyuan, last year switched publicly to a Chinese-made smartphone, the ZTE Nubia Z5, after being criticized for using an iPhone, yet the Chinese device ran on Android and included a Qualcomm Inc. processor, according to its specifications list.

Now, a number of Chinese technology companies are making progress toward cutting the cords to Western technology. China is encouraging that effort, spurred by revelations in 2013 from former U.S. National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden that the NSA had placed surveillance “back doors” in some American gear sold overseas.

Chinese smartphone maker ZTE Corp. is working on a secure smartphone for government agencies using an operating system developed in-house, and a processor chip from a Chinese supplier, a spokesman said. The country’s largest chip-design company, Spreadtrum Communications Inc., separately said it would begin mass producing a set of chips that run a Chinese operating system by year-end.

Chinese e-commerce company Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. has joined with China’s Ministry of Public Security to develop a mobile operating system for police officers that it bills as more secure.

All the efforts target a niche group of government agencies and state-owned enterprises and are unlikely to appeal to the average consumer. ZTE’s secure phone, for example, will come without camera, GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless connections to minimize security risks.

The trend is unlikely to have much impact on the market share in China of U.S. mobile components and software. Analyst James Yan of market-research firm IDC estimates secure phones might make up 3% of China’s smartphone sales next year, or about two million units. But if more made-in-China operating systems and processors make their way into consumer handsets, that could potentially pose a challenge for Google’s Android as well as for Qualcomm.

Qualcomm, whose processors accounted for 52% of the smartphone market last year, according to Strategy Analytics, declined to comment. Alphabet Inc.’s Google, whose Android system ran 82.8% of the world’s smartphones in the second quarter of this year, according to IDC, didn’t immediately have a comment.

Other U.S. tech companies are already feeling a chill in China. U.S. networking- and computing-gear makers such as International Business Machines Corp. and Cisco Systems Inc. have recorded sales declines, as government agencies and state-owned enterprises buy more from domestic counterparts such as Chinese server maker Inspur Group Co. and telecommunications-gear supplier Huawei Technologies Co.

Cisco doesn’t provide sales figures for specific countries, but has said the Snowden disclosures affected its China sales. IBM has attributed sales setbacks to China’s economic slowdown. Both companies say they don’t build “back doors” into their technology.

In smartphones, Chinese banks have begun to buy more domestic brands, though formal quotas were suspended earlier this year because of U.S. pressure. China had wanted to require that 50% of new smartphone purchases at financial institutions meet “secure and controllable” standards, according to a copy of the suspended rules reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

China’s push to build homegrown secure handsets also has economic benefits: The components that are crucial to security are also some of the most profitable. But even with made-in-China processors, modems and operating systems, Chinese secure phones will likely include plenty of foreign components, albeit less-sensitive ones.

A spokesman for ZTE said it isn’t possible to use exclusively Chinese-made hardware and software in a smartphone, but to meet the needs of government agencies it is trying to use domestic suppliers as much as possible.

Other Chinese phone makers, including Coolpad Group Ltd. and Qihoo 360 Technology Co., are scrambling for a piece of the market too, touting security features such as data encryption in their new handsets this year.

“Right now the security sector is very hot,” said Chris DeAngelis, Beijing-based general manager at consultancy Alliance Development Group. “The government is looking for nonforeign technologies as much as possible to prevent various back doors.”

Leo Li, chief executive of Spreadtrum, said his company will begin sales this year of special chipsets that will let phone users switch between Android and an encrypted operating system made by Chinese company Yuanxin Technology Co.

“Your voice is encrypted. Your data is encrypted. It is very secure,” he said.

But just because a phone has domestically made guts doesn’t mean it is secure, said Bryce Boland, Asia chief technology officer for network-security company FireEye Inc. A hacker could still siphon data directly from a telecom operator, he said. New operating systems are also likely to have more vulnerabilities.

China isn’t alone in seeking a high-security smartphone for government work. The U.S. NSA developed its own domestic version in 2009, although it this year switched to a new system based on Samsung Electronics Co. smartphones with customized secure software. The NSA-developed phone was “overtaken by technology by the time it was actually delivered,” Debora Plunkett, the NSA’s information assurance director, told National Defense Magazine in 2012.

Lao Yao, secretary-general of the China Smartphone Alliance, said some Western governments work with BlackBerry Ltd. of Canada to custom-make high-security phones for their officials, but that China and Western companies don’t trust each other enough for this to be an option. “China has no choice but to develop its own operating system to maintain security,” he said.
    11-19-15 03:00 PM
    Here's my 15 minute chart to show the last 4 weeks and where the support and resistance is. As M8 mentioned earlier, $8 seems to be the next level. All the lines are the existing ones I've had on here for months aside from the uptrend support on the right. I think we "should" come back to test it but it looks pretty clear that if we can get above the $7.75 level after testing and confirming support, $8 is a short and quick move up. Either by close tomorrow, or by Monday... assuming nothing stupid happens over the weekend.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2015-11-19-5.00.16-pm.png
    11-19-15 04:09 PM
    Isn't it a joke that market cap of just IPOed Square is worth of 4.2 billion while BlackBerry is only worth 4 billion? BlackBerry, please turn more of your patents into businesses and become multiple 4.2 billion companies!

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    CDM76, awindsr and 3MIKE like this.
    11-19-15 08:31 PM
    Nice wallpaper!
    Tempting me to get the Priv for the apps, but can't let go of the Passport for the keyboard and the screen.
    The Priv has the same keyboard as the Passport SE but flush or counter-sinked. But I agree on the OS BB10 - still needs to be refined.

Personally I want BlackBerry Android on Passport SE @Evleaks

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    11-20-15 12:26 AM
    The Priv has the same keyboard as the Passport SE but flush or counter-sinked. But I agree on the OS BB10 - still needs to be refined.

Personally I want BlackBerry Android on Passport SE @Evleaks

Posted via CB10
    I do hope Chen doesn't give up on BlackBerry 10. I want an upgrade to my Passport, and it saddens me to think it may never come. I don't really want an Android, though if they give up on their own OS software in their focus to be more of a software company, I suppose I'll have to hope for an Android Passport instead. I have to admit that I'm not really joining the Priv craze, just because I can't care about having an Android phone. I hope they sell, but I hope Chen hires someone who has the mind to revive the BlackBerry 10 hardware department.

Posted via CB10
    BanffMoose, CDM76, awindsr and 1 others like this.
    11-20-15 04:31 AM
    I do hope Chen doesn't give up on BlackBerry 10. I want an upgrade to my Passport, and it saddens me to think it may never come. I don't really want an Android, though if they give up on their own OS software in their focus to be more of a software company, I suppose I'll have to hope for an Android Passport instead. I have to admit that I'm not really joining the Priv craze, just because I can't care about having an Android phone. I hope they sell, but I hope Chen hires someone who has the mind to revive the BlackBerry 10 hardware department.

Posted via CB10
    I just keep hoping for a Z30 follow up device. Had a slider before but prefer the Z30 size/shape/feel.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 05:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have a hard time envisioning BBRY dropping BB10 just given the enterprise sector that still uses it. I am thinking specifically of the GoC, for instance, which I don't think would enjoy having to switch over to Android. I know everything is possible, I just can't see it happening in the short term.

I would think that they could keep BB10 alive for their enterprise customers at a somehow low cost (enterprise customers don't expect to have updates pushed to them every 6 months or so, they just need reassurance they still are getting the support on an ongoing basis)

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 06:27 AM
    I just keep hoping for a Z30 follow up device. Had a slider before but prefer the Z30 size/shape/feel.

Posted via CB10
    If you are going to hope, now is the season.

I am hoping that the girl in Corbu's pictures brings some friends to the $100 party. It will be worth the trip from Croatia.

My agent in China bought the PRIV. No, not from HK. She just got back from the U.K. She loves it. She'a a former iPhone user. So that makes AT LEAST 30 PRIVS sold so far. With no chance of returns. Add in the 40 that they gave away in New York and we know that at least 70 were manufactured...
    11-20-15 06:32 AM
    I have a hard time envisioning BBRY dropping BB10 just given the enterprise sector that still uses it. I am thinking specifically of the GoC, for instance, which I don't think would enjoy having to switch over to Android. I know everything is possible, I just can't see it happening in the short term.

I would think that they could keep BB10 alive for their enterprise customers at a somehow low cost (enterprise customers don't expect to have updates pushed to them every 6 months or so, they just need reassurance they still are getting the support on an ongoing basis)

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand. WHY would BlackBerry keep BB10 OS alive just to sell it at a low cost? If they are to keep it alive, that means that someone is demanding it (gov't, DOD, security conscious enterprises). At the moment, there is not enough demand to be able to manufacture large quantities. If you are going to keep a 'niche' OS going, shouldn't BlackBerry want to make money off of it. BB10 isn't Android and Blackberry isn't Google that they can give away hardware (and BB10 OS) at cost so that people get hooked on them.

Google intentions towards Android was to have the supreme OS so that everyone will become dependent of Google's other offerings. What benefit does BlackBerry have to give away BB10 devices for cheap? Did you not learn anything from the non-sales of the Z3?
    11-20-15 06:38 AM
    OT. AEZS What's happening? More than 3000% up!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 06:45 AM
    OT. AEZS What's happening? More than 3000% up!!

It's a 100-1 share consolidation.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    11-20-15 06:57 AM
    It's a 100-1 share consolidation.

Posted via CB10
    In other words 100 shares become one?

11-20-15 07:00 AM
    In other words 100 shares become one?

Yes. They needed to get the sp above $1 to meet the Nasdaq listing minimum. Of course now, a bunch of people are buying without reading hoping to get in on a KBIO scenario but are in for a rude awakening come market open.

Posted via CB10
    zlatno, 3MIKE, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    11-20-15 07:07 AM
    I don't think this has been posted. Found it in a thread on CB.
    Seems like a great, fair review.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/11...keeper/?page=1

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 07:24 AM
    Yes. They needed to get the sp above $1 to meet the Nasdaq listing minimum. Of course now, a bunch of people are buying without reading hoping to get in on a KBIO scenario but are in for a rude awakening come market open.

Posted via CB10
    Looking at my account this morning I thought I was 50 k richer!! Lol. Thank you for bursting my bubble!!😁

11-20-15 07:28 AM
    Looking at my account this morning I thought I was 50 k richer!! Lol. Thank you for bursting my bubble!!��

LOL I don't think you're the only one.
    3MIKE and morganplus8 like this.
    11-20-15 07:29 AM
    Good morning gang !

Let's go !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    11-20-15 08:34 AM
    BlackBerry making nice march upwards.

KBIO is up and down. Seems like it's shortable at this level. How can it be worth 8x in a week. Who wants to provide some insight

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 08:46 AM
    BlackBerry making nice march upwards.

KBIO is up and down. Seems like it's shortable at this level. How can it be worth 8x in a week. Who wants to provide some insight

Posted via CB10
    Don't short it. It was a low float stock to begin with and shares have been accumulated all week. There are fewer and fewer left. You could easily get burned. It's not going to zero.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, morganplus8 and 3MIKE like this.
    11-20-15 08:56 AM
    Don't short it. It was a low float stock to begin with and shares have been accumulated all week. There are fewer and fewer left. You could easily get burned. It's not going to zero.

Posted via CB10
    Yep looks like a stayaway. Just read if they reverse merge with Turing it could be worth $24. Some smart guy played this one nicely.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    11-20-15 09:02 AM
    Yep looks like a stayaway. Just read if they reverse merge with Turing it could be worth $24. Some smart guy played this one nicely.

Posted via CB10
    Just imagine the joy of those that bought under a dollar on Monday out of curiosity. Lmao

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY and 3MIKE like this.
    11-20-15 09:07 AM
    I'm considering grabbing a few speculative shares....hmmmm

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    11-20-15 09:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    10.1 is VERY old most are already on 10.3.1 so time to check for updates. I think you meant BB10 altogether.

Posted via CB10
    This kind set is our HOGWASH. BES10 and BES12 supports Android including all sectors or USA, Germany and Italy Governments (Canada as well).

SecuSmart also has an Android and iOS solution using their MicroSD card with adapter for iPhone.

US Government also has their military programming in Android as well, they'll have NO issues continuing with Android on BES12.

Please stop spreading this false notion guys that BB10 is end all and be all for governments.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 10:09 AM
    I'm considering grabbing a few speculative shares....hmmmm

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Soooooo..... did you? Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 10:13 AM
113,250 ... 36943695369636973698 ...