View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Can you imagine once keyboard become trendy and new cool thing around the world and Apple is forced to license Keyboard from BlackBerry for $50 on each iPhone with keyboard? Sky is the limit, folks!
    Why license from BB? Jony Ives could put dimples on a turd, call them keys, and dem Apple lovin' folks would proclaim their **it was not only innovative, but also better than anything BB has ever produced.

ps. Sorry for this completely useless comment. LOL
    11-18-15 06:25 PM
    Why license from BB? Jony Ives could put dimples on a turd, call them keys, and dem Apple lovin' folks would proclaim their **it was not only innovative, but also better than anything BB has ever produced.

ps. Sorry for this completely useless comment. LOL
    Good laugh!

And that is how Apple milks the cow. Lol

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    sidhuk, 3MIKE and bungaboy like this.
    11-18-15 06:43 PM
    Good laugh!

And that is how Apple milks the cow. Lol

Aussies call it "Shear the Sheep".
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 3MIKE like this.
    11-18-15 06:56 PM
    Aussies call it "Shear the Sheep".
    Good one! Laughing at the screen again.

Last edited by bbjdog; 11-18-15 at 07:57 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-18-15 07:32 PM
    Please note that I do not wish to encourage or start a debate on Google Play numbers, I am only a messenger here to tell you that the BB Priv apps are now in the 10,000-50,000 bracket. For what it's worth, I don't think that it's a really useful measure at this point because we don't have any idea what percentage of buyers have updated their pre-loaded apps and I've read that the first time is a manual update (ie. must search for the app and then update) and they aren't listed in your downloaded apps until you do so (I don't know if that's right).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erry.hub&hl=en
    11-18-15 08:28 PM
    Please note that I do not wish to encourage or start a debate on Google Play numbers, I am only a messenger here to tell you that the BB Priv apps are now in the 10,000-50,000 bracket. For what it's worth, I don't think that it's a really useful measure at this point because we don't have any idea what percentage of buyers have updated their pre-loaded apps and I've read that the first time is a manual update (ie. must search for the app and then update) and they aren't listed in your downloaded apps until you do so (I don't know if that's right).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erry.hub&hl=en
    It is very confusing.
    This.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1447905374650.jpg  
    11-18-15 09:56 PM
    OT head scratcher....

KBIO announced after close on Friday that it was winding down operations. Opened down Monday to $0.44, go figure, but then rallied from there. Closed today at $2.07 but in AH trading, it is currently at $10.41 after peaking at $11.75. I'm confused.

EDIT - Apparently Martin Shkreli grabbed a ton of shares.
    - Now over $14.... peak of $16.88

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20151118_231709.png

Subliminal advertising? Is BBRY on tap to be the next %1000 gainer?

Posted with X10 via CB10
    11-18-15 10:19 PM
    OT: Regarding shorting and KBIO

Hey guys, I just wanted to get this out there because I do not want this to happen to someone on this thread. With what happened to KBIO last night stock tweets and even this came up from a novice trader shorting the stock. A guy was short the stock now he is in the hole for well over 100k, you can read the story here (he had to start a gofund). https://www.gofundme.com/jwctrek

I know what everyone will say here and yes it was his decision to short but none the less we have novice traders here too and I do not want people to go through this. I just want people to understand the risks especially small retail investors, we trade with our own hard earned money it is very different than a hedge fund shorting.

Please PLEASE keep in mind that shorting has UNLIMITED RISKS! a stock can go up indefinitely and a buy on stop will not help especially in this case because the order will be executed at what the stock opens which could be well above your set buy on stop.

My heart goes out to this person but everyone needs to clearly read the disclaimer you had to sign when opening a short account and like i said do not short unless you are fully aware of the risks or have gained some experience (the person had 9 months exposure to trading). I know the persons life will forever be changed now and situations like this does ruin lives, I just want everyone here to be aware.
    11-19-15 07:18 AM
    Shkreli is really making a name for himself.

KaloBios shares KBIO, +662.32% soared more than 800% in late trading Wednesday, after Turing Pharmaceuticals CEO Martin Shkreli gained control of a majority of the shares ... Shkreli became a poster boy of sorts for high-priced pharmaceuticals when The New York Times wrote about Turing earlier this year, noting the company had bought an infectious-disease drug that previously sold for $13.50 a pill and increased that price to $750.
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    11-19-15 08:04 AM
    Good laugh!

And that is how Apple milks the cow (1). Lol

Aussies call it "Shear the Sheep" (2).
    We say either "traire la vache" (1) "tondre le mouton"(2) or "rouler un pigeon ("ride a pigeon" ?).
    This was the linguistic OT of the day, have a nice one guys !
    11-19-15 08:09 AM
    Hope you don't mind slipstream89, thanks for that reminder.

[Warn]Please PLEASE keep in mind that shorting has UNLIMITED RISKS! a stock can go up indefinitely and a buy on stop will not help especially in this case because the order will be executed at what the stock opens which could be well above your set buy on stop.[/warn]
    11-19-15 08:12 AM
    It is very confusing.
    This.
    Just to clarify, that content transfer app has reviews dating back to May/June of 2013. They have updated the description to include the Priv name, but this was created for people switching from Android to BB10 originally. Like I said, I'm not putting a ton of weight into the Priv pre-loaded app download numbers at this stage. The number of downloads is related to total phones in the hands of buyers by some factor. The total phones in the hands of users could be anything from 1x to 10x the number of downloads, it's pretty much impossible to say. And with the delays in shipments and everything, we're still in the early stage of the rollout of the product.
    11-19-15 09:33 AM
    As you say, peteberry12, "still in the early stage of the rollout of the product" :

Priv is expected to sell in Australia sometime next year.
    Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian
    BlackBerry catches up with Android with new smartphone named Priv
    11-19-15 10:10 AM
    Just took a look at the Priv at a local Telus store, and it is a very nice phone. The sales rep did not even know it had the hub on it though. At the time I checked, he was unsure as to the number that were sold.

Have been keeping an eye out on the local classifieds (Kijiji) and Priv's are showing at around 1200$ to 1300$. Same on ebay... Could be a simple consequence of the stocking issue, and yes, I am aware that it does/may not mean much. Still like to see that though, for what it's worth.

Oh, and while I haven't pulled the trigger just yet on the Priv, the Passport I am carrying is still getting some attention by the younger folks, who wonder in amazement (a bit puzzled)_ what it could be. One of them ventured that it looked like a smaller IPAD air!! I had a good chuckle before adding he was confused on the fruit!
    11-19-15 10:13 AM
    CCS Insight 2016 Outlook...

Prediction time. Lots of salt, as SF would say...

11-19-15 10:20 AM
    The number of downloads is related to total phones in the hands of buyers by some factor
    Almost. It is related to the number of Google Play accounts, whatever the number of times you install/upgrade/delete (you'll remain counted as 1).
    Anyone with a Priv in hands to confirm you can actually use it w/o setting up a Google acount (provided you don't want/know what/if/when upgrading) ?
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    11-19-15 10:42 AM
    CCS Insight 2016 Outlook...

Prediction time. Lots of salt, as SF would say...

Not really buying it (the idea) but curious what QNX valuation figures may drop if the rumor have some legs ...
    lech31, rarsen, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    11-19-15 10:45 AM
    Almost. It is related to the number of Google Play accounts, whatever the number of times you install/upgrade/delete (you'll remain counted as 1).
    Anyone with a Priv in hands to confirm you can actually use it w/o setting up a Google acount (provided you don't want/know what/if/when upgrading) ?
    The number of downloads is equal to the number of Google Play accounts that have upgraded their Priv apps. Once you have done so, these pre-loaded apps will be counted as downloaded (and as you said future upgrades, re-installs, etc. will not be counted). My point then is that this number is proportional to the number of the Privs in the hands of users by some factor, which could be anywhere from 1 or above depending on the fraction of users that have upgraded their apps in Google Play. Ex. So if the download number was 10,000, but only 1 in 5 owners have upgraded their apps, you'd have 50,000 units in the hands of users. That's just my understanding for the record, not sure if I'm totally correct.
    Superfly_FR, 3MIKE and rarsen like this.
    11-19-15 10:58 AM
    Not 100% sure, but I believe we took $1+ in the 1 year target (I remind seeing it at $6 but missed the day of change; today ?)
    [reminder : it is not worth more than a trend indication]

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    11-19-15 12:03 PM
    Attention Corbu:

Has Amber over at BNN talked about BlackBerry lately? Anything?

What about pretty women holding BlackBerry phones? Anything?

Man is this slow today, the general market dragged us to a breakout close yesterday, today we have confirmed the stock is bullish again, and now, there is zero resistance up to $ 8.00 so we painfully slowly drift higher. Not bad but wouldn't it be nice to hear something positive while we are bullish?

Amber, interview somebody will you!
    11-19-15 01:00 PM
    Largest institutional holder of BBRY - Primecap
    Largest institutional holder of KBIO - Primecap

Fifth largest institutional holder of BBRY - RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC
    Second largest institutional holder of KBIO - RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC

Wow...I was going to check out KBIO based on this post, but obviously too late...

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-19-15 01:24 PM
    Attention Corbu:

Has Amber over at BNN talked about BlackBerry lately? Anything?

What about pretty women holding BlackBerry phones? Anything?

Man is this slow today, the general market dragged us to a breakout close yesterday, today we have confirmed the stock is bullish again, and now, there is zero resistance up to $ 8.00 so we painfully slowly drift higher. Not bad but wouldn't it be nice to hear something positive while we are bullish?

Amber, interview somebody will you!
    I hear you, my friend!

Man, no news whatsoever, the well is drying up here... JC in Manilla, Marty recovering from his NYC trip, Amber busy talking about trivial stuff like Suncor, Valeant and Lucara Diamond... Who cares about that?

What can I do? Well, let me dig this up from the archives...

BTW, she is willing to attend our $100 party. So, it better happen! Can you work your magic, Morgan?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-12249615_10153343300041379_2816978140256350914_n.jpg
    11-19-15 01:35 PM

Hey guys, I just wanted to get this out there because I do not want this to happen to someone on this thread. With what happened to KBIO last night stock tweets and even this came up from a novice trader shorting the stock. A guy was short the stock now he is in the hole for well over 100k, you can read the story here (he had to start a gofund). https://www.gofundme.com/jwctrek

I know what everyone will say here and yes it was his decision to short but none the less we have novice traders here too and I do not want people to go through this. I just want people to understand the risks especially small retail investors, we trade with our own hard earned money it is very different than a hedge fund shorting.

Please PLEASE keep in mind that shorting has UNLIMITED RISKS! a stock can go up indefinitely and a buy on stop will not help especially in this case because the order will be executed at what the stock opens which could be well above your set buy on stop.

My heart goes out to this person but everyone needs to clearly read the disclaimer you had to sign when opening a short account and like i said do not short unless you are fully aware of the risks or have gained some experience (the person had 9 months exposure to trading). I know the persons life will forever be changed now and situations like this does ruin lives, I just want everyone here to be aware.
    Actually shorting only has unlimited risks if share prices can go to infinity, which they can't. Your risk level is about your level of leverage combined with the ability of the share price to move quickly before you can transact. Stocks can suddenly drop near zero too, so if leveraged you can easily end up owing much more than your initial position that way as well.

Personally I think the 'unlimited loss' mythology is spread to scare individuals from doing anything but taking long positions on big names. The younger generation doesn't even do that because they see how these people still get harvested during general downturns.

Posted via CB10
    Heinz Katchup, 3MIKE and awindsr like this.
    11-19-15 01:35 PM
    Nov. 6th Chen said more acquisitions are coming. Given timing and his public comments I would say: dd complete, target(s) identified, bankers hired, deal discussed, initial offer probably made, announcement is pending some final details (price...).

Looking at the EMM space, some of the similarities between MobileIron and Good Tech are interesting:

1. Annual revenue $160M-$200M representing approximately 10% of the EMM market (each).
    2. Both losing money.
    3. MobileIron market cap is approximately $350M implying a deal gets done around $420M - same size as Good acquisition.
    4. Both companies 'Leaders' in Gartner's 2015 EMM Magic Quadrant.

Gartner 2015:

Leaders � AirWatch by VMware, MobileIron, IBM, Good Technology and Citrix
    Visionaries � Soti, Sophos and Microsoft (included this year)
    Challengers � SAP
    Niche � BlackBerry, Landesk and Globo

Looking at the list, only MOBL makes sense in the EMM space and he may just be looking at a land grab here. Whomever the company, we should know soon.
    peteberry12, awindsr and CDM76 like this.
    11-19-15 01:37 PM
    11-19-15 01:48 PM
113,256 ... 36933694369536963697 ...