View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I have to say that this, to me, is the most positive review I've seen in terms of video reviews. Certainly, it is tempting to see glass have empty here when he mentions that his phone was updated and had no software issues, and you wish that BB had waited just a little longer if that could have swayed other reviewers, but that's the way it goes. On the glass half full side, most users will be getting phones with hopefully updated software all ready to go (is that right?)

Also I saw that mkbhd, who is a pretty popular youtuber might be reviewing the Priv. I recall seeing him mock BB in the past, but hey who knows with the Priv.
    11-17-15 07:51 PM
    Seems BlackBerry is cutting the orders and fulfillment pretty close for the Priv. On another thread a poster ordered two days ago from Amazon and recieved his order today. His comment "Built in Mexico on 11-05-2015". Twelve days from build to customers hands. I'm impressed. And Amazon is still sold out.
    Most likely BlackBerry ordered this manufacturing run long before these customer orders were placed. Because all their original (first manufacturing run) stock is out, they are delivering all from fresh re-stock they received. No way to tell when this batch was ordered.

When I worked for BlackBerry (2007-08), they used to have JIT manufacturing facility in Waterloo (everyone could go on a tour) , but they closed that a while ago AFAIK.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    11-17-15 08:06 PM
    We referred to that GMA promotion earlier this morning...
    BlackBerry giving away 40 Privs to Good Morning America fans | CrackBerry.com

Thanks Bla1ze!
    11-17-15 09:21 PM
    11-17-15 09:39 PM
    Who is she again?

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-17-15 09:41 PM
    So it's now cool to show off with a Priv... The great turn of the tide!

Posted via CB app on my BlackBerry Classic
    11-17-15 09:41 PM
    And this...

From the same guy who gave us his no-nonsense review after 3 days as well as the Priv vs i6s review...

NSFW!

That's it for me for today. Cheers!
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 11-17-15 at 10:00 PM. Reason: NSFW
    11-17-15 09:47 PM
    Good point, BBW. Sorry I failed to mention it.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-17-15 10:01 PM
    11-17-15 10:02 PM
    Good point, BBW. Sorry I failed to mention it.
    11-17-15 10:23 PM
    And this...

From the same guy who gave us his no-nonsense review after 3 days as well as the Priv vs i6s review...

NSFW!

That's it for me for today. Cheers!
    Now that's what I call is a review. Felt good after couple of beers. Thanks Corbu
    11-17-15 10:59 PM

When I see this photo, I just can't help but think it would be a nice little poster ad that says - "We're back, you're welcome. Introducing BlackBerry Priv powered by Android."
    11-17-15 11:08 PM
    "Why he matters: Has investors hanging on his every word.
    Prem Watsa is probably the only investor in Canada with a fan club."
    With the exception of M+8.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 11:16 PM
    Canada's Trudeau Meets With BlackBerry's Chen at APEC Summit

Canada's Trudeau Meets With BlackBerry's Chen at APEC Summit - Bloomberg Business

November 17, 2015 — 7:00 PM PST

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau met Wednesday with Blackberry Ltd. Chief Executive Officer John Chen and other business leaders as the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit begins in Manila.
    Trudeau held a closed-door meeting Wednesday with Chen, Canadian Chamber of Commerce head Perrin Beatty and Export Development Canada president Benoit Daignault, among others, according to a list of participants released by Trudeau’s office.
    It was the first APEC event for Trudeau in his first international trip as Canada’s prime minister, one that began with the Group of 20 summit held in Turkey Sunday and Monday. The APEC summit will focus on environmental and economic issues, Canada Foreign Affairs Minister Stephane Dion said Tuesday evening.
    "The challenge that has been identified by the Philippines is sustainable and inclusive growth," he said.
    Trudeau was scheduled to host bilateral talks Wednesday with South Korea, Japan and the Philippines, as well as the Pacific Alliance trade bloc. On Thursday, he’s scheduled to meet with U.S. President Barack Obama, and has said he plans on discussing energy, security and Syria as he seeks to rebuild ties with the Americans.
    Trade with Asia, in particular China and India, is a top priority for Trudeau’s government, with Trade Minister Chrystia Freeland saying Canada is closely eyeing joining the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
    The business round-table also included Rod Reynolds, head of Asia Pacific and Middle East at Scotia Capital Inc.; Deborah Close, president of Tervita Corp.; Ron Hoffman, the Asia representative for the oil-producing Canadian province of Alberta; Suzanne Benoit, Canada’s representative to the APEC Business Advisory Council; Stewart Beck, president and CEO of the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada; and Philip Leong of ScotiaMcLeod, Trudeau’s office said.
    11-18-15 12:54 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12239550_10153339765931379_7227240411676728428_n.jpg 
Views:	1655 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	381050
    I thought the HEART icon meant love and not like...
    11-18-15 02:06 AM
    So I guess that means the courts must think that the argument that AAPL is misleading their shareholders has merit as well by using sell-in accounting....especially considering the rumors that iphone6s isn't selling as well as expected.

Posted via CB10
    zlatno, morganplus8, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    11-18-15 02:27 AM
    I've missed it or..already been posted?

http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2015/1...inkId=18732483

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 05:07 AM
    I've missed it or..already been posted?

http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2015/1...inkId=18732483

Posted via CB10
    Is it just me or not that is deeply being puzzled? So many of BlackBerry's products like this are game changers while at the same time they are valued for nothing. Sooner rather than later, market price should reflect the value if it is true that stock price is forward looking. On the other side, once the market is going to reflect the true value, I am afraid it will be explosive with waves of huge move. What do you think? We have been wrong for so long, can't we be right for this time?

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    11-18-15 06:38 AM
    What do you think? We have been wrong for so long, can't we be right for this time?
    OP quote, dated 11-02-11, 04:21 PM
    Call me a dreamer, a fanatic, a fool or whatever, I'm just buying some RIM shares right now.
    While I think it can't really hurt me and I may have a delicious surprise in,say, 5 years, I'm not doing this in a speculative vision, just a support action. As my savings are low, I'll not spend a lot, so maybe I'll buy only 5.
    Do you mind if we discuss the story again the 11-02-16 @ 04:21 PM (ok, ok, a bit earlier in the day will be fine lol) ?
    It'll be this thread fifth anniversary

P.S: re: the products (& services) : they've just been released with near to zero promotion. Need a catalyst ... Priv might be.
    11-18-15 07:09 AM
    11-18-15 07:13 AM
    QNX: Over-The-Air Updates Will Save Carmakers And Consumers Billions

BlackBerry, parent company of QNX, has been working with several new manufacturers to roll out this capability, although Kuhn wouldn�t say how many, which ones, or when. Other suppliers critical to this process include carriers, modems, and cloud storage providers. But he stresses that it�s the security platform that is most critical, which of course, is the value he says that QNX is best positioned to provide.
    Forbes
    11-18-15 07:21 AM
    Thought I would post another chart just to see how things have been trading over the past couple of months:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-nov-18-2015.png

The observation I'm making today is that of the TA of BBRY recently, we are following some well defined parallel lines, both over the past few months and on a bi-weekly basis. I believe most of us doing TA are using the same broad lines to show resistance and support, but inside those lines is a story of rallies and retracement. I believe that we are range bound today, using $ 7.60/shr down to $ 7.20/shr (the 50-dma) as our range for today. A move outside this range denotes an attempt to breakout or down. The conclusion to this latest parallel set of lines driving us down ... is another rally to $ 8.40/shr to possibly $ 8.50/shr for the next cycle. So for those who want to trade the stock, there are your targets for today, and using that downtrend line, tomorrow too. This is my reasoning for thinking that another rally is eminent.

Thanks to everyone for posting so many great links lately, some of our best material is coming from new CB members to this thread so when has that happened? Nice.

Now for my ramblings, since when is it a "review" when the person states that a front camera is "terrible or awful" without defining those words. To me, a selfie that comes in a compact file and focused is a pretty good picture. I don't need to see your pimples man. How about that lawsuit in the making because BB felt it necessary to change the way they report revenue, seriously? When they saw that phones were stalling out, they did the right thing and acted proactively to state FUTURE revenues in the right format, just as they will do the right thing and return to phones shipped one day. I call bullcrap on that suit.

We have AAPL closing above its 50-dma today and so the world is a much better place and our sector is bullish again, let's turn that news into a rally for BBRY. Nuff said.
    W Hoa, CDM76, Corbu and 19 others like this.
    11-18-15 08:27 AM
    OT:
    Paris attacks: Silicon Valley in crosshairs over encryption - BBC News
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/paris-at...ing-1447807995
    Last edited by Corbu; 11-18-15 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Added WSJ link... Same subject.
    11-18-15 08:55 AM
    Your thoughts on the spike in Halo today Morgan? All I could see is that they are opening a satellite office...dont know if that's reason enough for a 10% increase haha.

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    11-18-15 09:16 AM
    Your thoughts on the spike in Halo today Morgan? All I could see is that they are opening a satellite office...dont know if that's reason enough for a 10% increase haha.

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    HALO is a $ 24.00 valuation with the Hilary elephant sitting on it right now. The stock has virtually no downside and plenty of upside so when a buy program hits it, it pops easily. Someone picked up just over 100,000 without setting bids and the stock jumped on that play. It settled back but it drew in others to look at it again. As we approach December the selling pressure will disappear and gains will be so much easier to obtain. A great company with a great leader in Dr. Torley so the next 5 months look awesome. Now if Hilary would just go away ..................... GL.

In other news, I see we fulfilled my target of $ 7.60/shr on BBRY, now if only a buy program would hit that one ......................
    11-18-15 09:36 AM
113,256 ... 36913692369336943695 ...