View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%

APEC Live Stream. Can anyone see if JC has spoken yet? I'm going to start scanning.

Posted via CB10
    John Chen is on the panel starting at.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 08:34 AM
    Ot. Priv. All setup.
    So, you hide the P0rn Hub app? LoL
    11-17-15 08:38 AM
    Morgan, can you take brief time to comment on the report for SPHS? It dropped significantly but I'm missing the reason for its drop.

Posted via CB10
    Sure, they reported earnings yesterday and the data from that report pointed to known results about their Phase III-1 prostrate drug, all is good there. The problem is in the details of their finances, the CEO mentioned last week that he had enough cash to fund an additional Phase III-2 study and this turns out not to be the case. He now admits that SPHS has enough cash to complete all studies up to 9-months from now. There nothing left for a Phase III-2 study at all. This isn't a negative for me as it is perfectly normal for a company with only 16 MM shares outstanding to need financing. These guys are no different. The market knows that some dilution in stock is coming and the price of the stock now reflects that they will need some financing. The story makes more sense for me and I bought some yesterday but not as much as I first wanted. I'll look for a bottoming out in the price and I'll buy a whole lot more in the weeks ahead as they are reporting data non-stop for Q1 2016. The important thing is the data, it is sound, it has been stated twice now and supports the financing of the stock. It is disappointing to hear that they have less funds for a Phase III-2 but it is possible that a study isn't necessary based upon the conclusion of future studies already financed. In addition, once they re-fi the company the stock will be free to rally. I liked the trade below $ 2.40/shr and with financing now required I still like it a lot just below $ 2.00/shr. Let the market get over this news and the MM's will finish with their manipulation of the stock. Lower volumes are what we need now. I just want everyone to walk away from it so I can do my thing. GL
    Last edited by morganplus8; 11-17-15 at 08:55 AM.
    11-17-15 08:43 AM
    [HUGE OT]
    If someone ordered more than one Priv and love to put its device at HIGH risk:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1049300

Pay a LOT of attention and read carefully everything the OP wrote down!!
    [/HUGE OT]

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-17-15 09:04 AM
    [HUGE OT]
    If someone ordered more than one Priv and love to put its device at HIGH risk:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1049300

Pay a LOT of attention and read carefully everything the OP wrote down!!
    [/HUGE OT]

Posted via CB10
    Only work for shopbb variant
    11-17-15 09:10 AM
    Only work for shopbb variant
    So the one from Amazon is different from the shopblackberry variant? Just curious as I was told they're identical.

Edit: I have no idea what all that is, but changed to Amazon and don't want to be limited for not getting from shopblackberry.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 09:24 AM
    So the one from Amazon is different from the shopblackberry variant? Just curious as I was told they're identical.

Edit: I have no idea what all that is, but changed to Amazon and don't want to be limited for not getting from shopblackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Amazon is the same variant with shopbb. While att is STV100-1 too but different sub-variant.
    11-17-15 09:26 AM
    OT

All this SPHS news makes me wish I had held off a little longer. Luckily I didn't go all in but only enough to open a position and take advantage if it soared. I have a limit order in now for another chunk, aka the other half haha, and will just leave it and wait.

Posted via crackberry10 on my new Z30!
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    11-17-15 09:32 AM
    OT

All this SPHS news makes me wish I had held off a little longer. Luckily I didn't go all in but only enough to open a position and take advantage if it soared. I have a limit order in now for another chunk, aka the other half haha, and will just leave it and wait.

It's difficult to know what the trading is all about. You have the CEO talking about having plenty of cash one week, then the stock trades 4 X its share float. So you don't have much to go on, just the data and its potential. I believe they might have already done the financing, that explains the super high volume and high pricing as the underwriters pump and dump the stock to complete the transaction. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they announce a sale of stock soon. I just need to confirm that they have sold the stock and get the details of the pricing and I'm going to be a large buyer. I like the stock down for leverage when buying but I also own it and like higher pricing too! I'll be happy once the financing goes through but it would have been nice to hear from the CEO sooner. That's a bit of a cop out on my part as I did know how much money they had and how much it takes to float another Phase III study, it just bothers me that he said they were cash flush that's all. Once the financing is locked in, the stock will climb.
    11-17-15 10:23 AM
    Somewhat OT

Thinking of the Selfie craze, and ppl complaining about the Priv 2mp front camera

Well, I just realized something with my camera Passport this weekend, I'm sure all BlackBerry do it... pressing the volume up or down snaps a picture

So my daughter and I got some nice 13mp Passport selfies by looking at the camera lense and tapping the volume button

Admittedly, it took a couple tries to center us, but it got easier the more I took

So, like I said before, get a small mirror on the back of the phone or case and take some 13mp or in the case of Priv, 18mp selfies

...5mp selfies on other devices, lol, that's nothing compared to Priv's 18mp!

Good weekend all

Posted via CB10
    Spacebar snaps the shutter also in case you were unaware.

Posted via CB10

Edit: info already posted earlier. Wish we could delete our posts.
    b121 likes this.
    11-17-15 10:34 AM
    It's difficult to know what the trading is all about. You have the CEO talking about having plenty of cash one week, then the stock trades 4 X its share float. So you don't have much to go on, just the data and its potential. I believe they might have already done the financing, that explains the super high volume and high pricing as the underwriters pump and dump the stock to complete the transaction. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they announce a sale of stock soon. I just need to confirm that they have sold the stock and get the details of the pricing and I'm going to be a large buyer. I like the stock down for leverage when buying but I also own it and like higher pricing too! I'll be happy once the financing goes through but it would have been nice to hear from the CEO sooner. That's a bit of a cop out on my part as I did know how much money they had and how much it takes to float another Phase III study, it just bothers me that he said they were cash flush that's all. Once the financing is locked in, the stock will climb.
    Agreed. It seems I got a pretty good entry point to at 1.88$ today. I'll just sit back and wait now lol.

11-17-15 10:42 AM
    Dropping today even after being on GMA
    11-17-15 11:18 AM
    Seems BlackBerry is cutting the orders and fulfillment pretty close for the Priv. On another thread a poster ordered two days ago from Amazon and recieved his order today. His comment "Built in Mexico on 11-05-2015". Twelve days from build to customers hands. I'm impressed. And Amazon is still sold out.
    11-17-15 01:57 PM
    11-17-15 02:38 PM
    Richard Devine, who I think started with Mobile Nations over here at CrackBerry, posted a "2nd opinion" about Priv today on Android Central. Good read:

BlackBerry Priv: A second opinion | Android Central
    11-17-15 02:46 PM
    11-17-15 05:06 PM
    Blackberry taking 'balanced' approach to encryption, lawful intercept

The company believes in working with law enforcement to make court-ordered surveillance of its devices possible, its COO said.

Blackberry believes in a “balanced” approach to encryption, incorporating lawful intercept capabilities, and the company prioritizes cooperation with law enforcement, Chief Operating Officer Marty Beard said Tuesday.

“We very much take a balanced approach” to the issue of encryption, he told the FedTalks government IT summit, differentiating Blackberry’s approach from that of some of their competitors who are “all about encryption all the way.”

Blackberry products have traditionally been widely regarded as more secure than their competitors’. The company does have a history of close cooperation with law enforcement in many of the jurisdictions where it operates.

“Zero knowledge” encryption, where even the company providing the digital communication or storage service cannot unscramble encrypted messages or data without the subscriber’s key, has been the subject of a reinvigorated debate since terrorists were able to plan and carry out a complex series of coordinated, near simultaneous attacks in Paris last week — apparently without leaving a digital footprint that could be tracked by intelligence services.

U.S. intelligence and law enforcement officials have seized on the attacks there to relaunch their campaign for mandatory inclusion of backdoors into encrypted communications and data storage services sold in the U.S.

Critics say that backdoors, even those supposedly available only to court authorized law enforcement agencies, undermine the integrity and security of encrypted communications. Terrorists, they say, will merely resort to using non-U.S. products, and other countries will begin to demand access to U.S. backdoors as authorized by their own court systems.
    11-17-15 05:27 PM
    11-17-15 05:28 PM
    Legal Post
    BlackBerry Ltd investors win right to move ahead with Ontario securities class action | Financial Post

Investors hoping to sue BlackBerry for allegedly misrepresenting the financial success of BlackBerry 10 devices have been given a green light to ask that a court certify a proposed class action under the Ontario Securities Act.

An Ontario judge has found that plaintiffs in the proposed action would be able to produce enough evidence at trial for the case to have a reasonable chance of success at trial.

“I am satisfied on the evidence before me that both the alleged misrepresentation and the public correction have been sufficiently established and that there is a reasonable possibility that the action will be resolved in the plaintiff’s favour at trial,” wrote Justice Edward Belobaba of the Ontario Supreme Court in the decision issued Tuesday.

The BlackBerry case dates back to Sept. 20, 2013. The company disclosed a $1-billion writedown and slashed its workforce by 40 per cent due to poor sales of the BB10 devices that were supposed to revive the company’s fortunes, the touchscreen BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 with a QWERTY keyboard. The stock fell 15 per cent in response.

The devices were launched on Jan. 30, 2013. For several months, the plaintiffs allege the company improperly used “sell-in” accounting to book revenue as soon as BB10s were shipped to distributers, as opposed to “sell-through,” in which companies hold off on booking revenue until the devices are sold to end-users.

The plaintiffs allege that the “sell-in” accounting method misrepresented and inflated the company’s financial position. They further argue that BlackBerry publicly corrected the alleged misrepresentation in the Sept. 20, 2013, news release. The statement acknowledges the company would only account for Z10 and Q10 sales that were sold to end customers. The judge agreed that in admitting to this switch, the company was making a public correction.

“In sum, I agree with the plaintiff that the announcement about the switch to sell-through accounting in 2Q14 and the associated $1 billion inventory charge, when read in context, can fairly and reasonably be said to be a public correction of the sell-in method of revenue recognition that was used in the previous two quarters,” Justice Belobaba wrote.

The BlackBerry case is still in its legal infancy. Plaintiffs have yet to ask a judge to certify the case as a class action. Justice Belobaba’s decision merely determines whether the case meets the criteria for the plaintiffs to sue the company using grounds provided by the Ontario Securities Act.

Yet the BlackBerry ruling carries some legal significance. Plaintiffs hoping to bring an investor lawsuit under Ontario’s Securities Act must provide some evidence that a defendant allegedly misrepresented something to the public, then later corrected the statement. Justice Belobaba’s ruling for the first time explains what it takes to satisfy the act’s requirement for a “public correction” of an alleged misrepresentation.

The actual wording in the Sept. 20, 2013 news release was very subtle: “Certain Blackberry 10 devices that were shipped in the quarter will not be recognized until those devices are sold through to end customers.” BlackBerry argued before Justice Belobaba that this statement contains no “public correction.” BlackBerry told the judge the statement refers to a change in revenue recognition, and it says nothing to connect this change with the prior alleged misrepresentation.

Justice Belobaba rejected BlackBerry’s submissions. In investor cases that seek leave to proceed under the Ontario Securities Act, the judge found that a public correction need not be an explicit mea culpa on the part of the defendant. Neither does the public correction need to be a “mirror image” of the alleged misrepresentation, the judge added.

“The public correction must be reasonably capable of revealing to the market the existence of the alleged misrepresentation,” he wrote.

The judge heard from two accounting experts during the hearing on the leave motion, one appearing on behalf of the plaintiffs and another on behalf of the defendants. He found that the expert witness of the plaintiff expert was “cogent and compelling” enough to withstand the “thoughtful” counter-opinions of the defence expert.

Justice Belobaba didn’t point this out to favour one opinion over the other. At this early stage of the proceeding, he merely determined the plaintiffs have produced sufficient evidence to persuade the court there is a reasonable possibility the action will be resolved in their favour.
    11-17-15 05:41 PM
    11-17-15 06:02 PM
    Another very positive review:
    BlackBerry Priv review - I'm in love with a BlackBerry again

I’m not going to beat around the bush, you should buy the BlackBerry Priv. I think many of the folks who are asking that very question are the ones who, for years, have been saying they wished that BlackBerry would just make an Android phone. Well, it’s here now, and you should show your support by buying it.

The BlackBerry Priv performs really well and I dig its focus on security in an age where I feel I can’t be too careful. I really, really like the physical keyboard, which I’m more than accustomed to. I also dig that the camera is good enough, if a bit slow. Pair that with a solid AMOLED Quad HD display and expandable storage, and I really have a phone that checks all the boxes for me.

I think the BlackBerry Priv is a treat – BlackBerry fans are going to love it, and so will Android users. It’s easily one of the top phones of the year and earns our “Buy” rating. As the title says – yep, I’m in love with a BlackBerry again.
    11-17-15 07:23 PM
    Another noted member from List provided by Corbu:

Prem Watsa: Canada?s Most Powerful Business People 2016
    "Why he matters: Has investors hanging on his every word.
    Prem Watsa is probably the only investor in Canada with a fan club."
    11-17-15 07:24 PM
    Indeed, rarsen. Well done on your part. Comes in at #7!
    11-17-15 07:26 PM
    Added a POV tag to the 'Reception' section on the BlackBerry PRIV Wikipedia page. The last editor provided a detailed breakdown of 2 negative reviews and ignored the rest.

Posted via CB app on my BlackBerry Classic
    11-17-15 07:35 PM
    Seems BlackBerry is cutting the orders and fulfillment pretty close for the Priv. On another thread a poster ordered two days ago from Amazon and recieved his order today. His comment "Built in Mexico on 11-05-2015". Twelve days from build to customers hands. I'm impressed. And Amazon is still sold out.
    I got the same today! Ordered Sunday night. Unfortunately, my BlackBerry stock isn't paying it or the bills, but I'll try to be more patient :-)

Posted via CB10
    W Hoa, CDM76, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    11-17-15 07:41 PM
113,256 ... 36903691369236933694 ...