1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BBM and PayPal

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/11/...-using-paypal/

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 9 others like this.
    11-16-15 06:09 PM
    Has this been posted yet?

This review has so many great comments and valuable feedback and it really deserves to go viral. People are starting to realize that there is a true flagship alternative that lets them have their cake and eat it too! What an amazing culmination of features and technology to create this unique smartphone in a sea of "me too" products.

We desperately need a change in perception and this is definitely another step in the right direction.
    11-16-15 06:13 PM
    Could not agree more, OlympusMons...

Meanwhile, we remain burdened by biased infomation such as this previously mentioned Wikipedia review (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Priv) whose "Reception" section leaves a lot to be desired. If anyone has any idea as to how one could rectify this, feel free to say so. I was thinking of bringing this matter up to one of the Inside BlackBerry writers... Not a game changer, granted, but every positive step, though small, counts.
    11-16-15 06:26 PM
    Hey Morgan I have a general question with nothing urgent. I note what seems strange formation in AH for BBRY tonight. What is the purpose of Pre-market and After Hours trading, and any information of value can be derived from them? Usual thanks for taking the time to answer this type of question.
    11-16-15 06:48 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-after-hours.png

Looking good BBRY.
    11-16-15 07:19 PM
    Priv #1 in Hot New Releases and #4 in unlocked phones on Amazon. Quite an accomplishment when you consider Amazon ran out of Privs several hours ago.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/new-release...UvbUpU12086118
    11-16-15 07:57 PM
    Could not agree more, OlympusMons...

Meanwhile, we remain burdened by biased infomation such as this previously mentioned Wikipedia review (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Priv) whose "Reception" section leaves a lot to be desired. If anyone has any idea as to how one could rectify this, feel free to say so. I was thinking of bringing this matter up to one of the Inside BlackBerry writers... Not a game changer, granted, but every positive step, though small, counts.
    We can always send them an email (don't know how much this will help), but anyways her is the email address.
    [email protected]

Bias reviews will always favor their own empty opinion.

OT: has anyone viewed the latest iPhone 6 commercials? it starts something like this, this is the iPhone 6 and nothing much has changed, but it can ........ LOL
    11-16-15 08:02 PM
    Priv #1 in Hot New Releases and #4 in unlocked phones on Amazon. Quite an accomplishment when you consider Amazon ran out of Privs several hours ago.

Amazon.com Hot New Releases: The best-selling new & future releases in Unlocked Cell Phones
    Funny thing is, when you posted early today, I checked their spot and it was number 66 and now number one. Impressive!
    11-16-15 08:04 PM
    Okay, I Have to admit and apologize. My channel checks were wrong (or had one to many) and I retract my comment about 26 units sold. Lol

Last edited by bbjdog; 11-16-15 at 09:40 PM.
    11-16-15 08:23 PM
    Blackberry is doing OK now: CEO

11-16-15 08:48 PM

Chen's answer to the time frame for AT&T's exclusivity was 'most of this calendar year' (or excluvisity as the host said haha, sorry I just enjoyed that). As always with Chen, tough to read - so maybe late Nov/early Dec we start seeing more US carriers on board. Of note, he also alluded to future products and mentioned AT&T getting 'really excited' about the Priv. Thanks for the link.
    11-16-15 09:16 PM
    APEC CEO Summit 2015

Full Details: List of Schedules for 2015 APEC Summit in the Philippines | Attracttour

DAY 6 � Nov. 17, 2015 (Tuesday)
    Session Six: SUMMIT FOCUS ON INCLUSIVE GROWTH AND BUILDING RESILIENCE A Dialogue on �Strategies for Growth, Equity and Resilience� With: Vietnam President Truong Tan Sang; Exec. Chairman and CEO of Blackberry John Chen; President and CEO of Merck Biopharma China E. Allan Gabor; Chair of Prudential Asia Don Kanak; President of Asia Society Josette Sheeran and moderated by Asia Editor of Time International Zoher Abdoolcarim at the Makati Shangri-la
    Live feed of APEC CEO Summit: https://apec2015ceosummit.ph/livestream/
    11-16-15 09:39 PM
    Morgan, can you take brief time to comment on the report for SPHS? It dropped significantly but I'm missing the reason for its drop.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    11-16-15 09:54 PM
    Ot. Priv. All setup.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1447735914426.jpg  
    11-16-15 10:52 PM
    Ot. Priv. All setup.
    Nice wallpaper!
    Tempting me to get the Priv for the apps, but can't let go of the Passport for the keyboard and the screen.
    11-16-15 11:04 PM
    Nice wallpaper!
    Tempting me to get the Priv for the apps, but can't let go of the Passport for the keyboard and the screen.
    Lol. It has been hard. Today is the 10th day Priv is a very good phone. It is just that passport is also a very good phone and has a solid os.
    11-16-15 11:16 PM
    and people who are looking for stock app looks great on Priv.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1447737972690.jpg  
    11-16-15 11:26 PM
    APEC: BlackBerry CEO Chen Discusses New Android Phone - Bloomberg Business

APEC: BlackBerry CEO Chen Discusses New Android Phone
    kadakn01, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    11-16-15 11:53 PM
    Okay, I Have to admit and apologize. My channel checks were wrong (or had one to many) and I retract my comment about 26 units sold. Lol

One was sold in Hong Kong yesterday.
    11-17-15 12:38 AM
    BlackBerry sees profitability in 2016 - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) is expecting to post a profit next year, helped by the launch of its Priv model, as the company recovers from a bruising few years that saw it lose its dominant position in the smartphone market.
    "The company is doing reasonably well now, from a financial standpoint, so now our focus is to grow our businesses," CEO John Chen told CNBC in Manila. "We still have very high fixed costs but [handset] profitability will come next year."
    For the three months ended August 29, BlackBerry reported a quarterly loss of $66M.

Mr BBRY, kadakn01, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    11-17-15 02:53 AM
    Good morning America!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/11/...s-to-gma-fans/

Corbu, Uzi, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    11-17-15 07:37 AM
    That's 40k worth of Priv! Guess numbers are good if they are making such generous gifts
    11-17-15 07:44 AM
    Good morning America!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/11/...s-to-gma-fans/

Marketing!

Attachment 380947
    11-17-15 07:44 AM
    Hey Morgan I have a general question with nothing urgent. I note what seems strange formation in AH for BBRY tonight. What is the purpose of Pre-market and After Hours trading, and any information of value can be derived from them? Usual thanks for taking the time to answer this type of question.
    Rarsen!

I think you know the answer to PM/AH, it should be a continuation of the theme from the prior day's trade and nothing more unless of course there is fact/value altering news known to everyone outside of the regular trading session. And so one would expect a bit of profit-taking in AH after a big pop on no news, or, a bit of a pop in pre-trade in the morning if the general market looks to open much higher. The trades should look random and the volume typical.

The vast majority of the time this is the case but as some of you notice, last night, we saw a steady trend upward for the final 2 hours of AH on no news. I looked at the trades and half of it turned out to be closing trades that were missed, the balance though, was one person who started purchases after 6:00 PM and continued them to the close. The volume was approximately 27,000 shares and they paid up for them. That's not much money and it certainly wouldn't be a good idea to buy ahead of future news, but someone wanted stock last night.

I said yesterday that we are bullish again above $ 7.42/shr, so that might be part of it, AAPL closed just above its 50-dma and today looks to clear it by some distance, so our sector is safe now. The market wants to rally this morning so AH futures on the S&P and DOW were positive last night, I also mentioned that as we track AAPL, we would be off to another rally to the top of the channel at $ 8.50/shr. I think we'll have no problem eclipsing $ 7.80/shr a share soon and tackle the more important $ 8.00/shr. So there is some reason to be bullish last night.

I liked what I saw in AH last night but the volume wasn't there to get me excited. It is a very rare day that you can read something in PM/AH trading without news to support it, the legal ramifications for trading in that space on hidden news is great. Hope that answers your question!
    11-17-15 08:08 AM

APEC Live Stream. Can anyone see if JC has spoken yet? I'm going to start scanning.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 08:20 AM
113,256 ... 36893690369136923693 ...