Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Now that's a slider!
    11-14-15 04:41 PM
    She'll be attending our $100 party. Along with Valeria, obviously... I'll make it happen!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-11909261_1492707601032417_794943692_n.jpg

Now, we really have to get to $!00!!!
    11-14-15 05:30 PM
    Regarding the internal technical issues with the Priv.....

Update: we've received a statement from BlackBerry, who says that the delay occurred only because of the high demand.

BlackBerry Priv Shipments Delayed Due to ?Internal Technical Issue? - Updated - Softpedia
    Which is basically what we learned on Thursday...
    BlackBerry Priv pre-order shipments experiencing delays due to high demand | CrackBerry.com

Anything for a click! Especially when it is negative towards BB...
    11-14-15 05:34 PM
    Anything for a click! Especially when it is negative towards BB...
    CB, right?
    CDM76 and 3MIKE like this.
    11-14-15 05:37 PM
    She'll be attending our $100 party. Along with Valeria, obviously... I'll make it happen!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11909261_1492707601032417_794943692_n.jpg 
Views:	1541 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	380630

Now, we really have to get to $!00!!!
    This is what I am going to do. Give me twitter handles of these women, I'll follow them on twitter. And then I'd ask them to ask @BlackBerry when are they releasing 'white ' and 'red' variant of Priv? Maybe BlackBerry would answer them.

Meanwhile, it can only help our marketing if bunch of celeb followers see the celeb tweeting BlackBerry about upcoming white/red variants!!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-14-15 06:35 PM
    OT:

Can't stand the Montreal Canadian, but today, I'm a fan. Lol

Might have to open in external browser.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=787966

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by bbjdog; 11-14-15 at 07:21 PM.
    rarsen, Corbu, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    11-14-15 06:45 PM
    OT:

NHL teams pay tribute to victims of Paris attacks - NHL.com - News

Thanks.
    Corbu likes this.
    11-14-15 07:58 PM
    OT:

NHL teams pay tribute to victims of Paris attacks - NHL.com - News

Nice to see, thanks for sharing!
    Corbu likes this.
    11-14-15 08:04 PM
    I wouldn't be a Leaf fan without showing the Leafs tribute to Paris, France.

External browser if watching from smart phone.

Sorry folks, just search the video list for the Tribute To Paris.

Fixed the link, Sorry

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...4057&catid=802
    Last edited by bbjdog; 11-14-15 at 10:01 PM.
    11-14-15 09:12 PM
    Plus a bit of Priv love at the ACC...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c003b4aa1_766ce010-8b41-11e5-af7a-0200ac11f432.pngThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c003b4aa1_1a3664f0-8b38-11e5-a320-0200ac11f414.png
    11-14-15 09:15 PM
    Just finished watching Dem debate. Clinton didn't attack biostocks much for my HALO entry lol, but there was much talk of Wallstreet.

I'm more worried about the overall market and not sure if I should put a stop in to either breakeven or even end up losing some now and buy back BBRY lower.

The way last week looked to me from an amateur is that BBRY will possibly test $7 and likely go lower on Monday. Not happy we rallied past $8 with no support.

So much for BBRY helping with my Priv. Might be done with the stock market for a while if I sell my BlackBerry position.

I do believe long-term, but should have took profits for the Priv. It's going to take earnings and forward guidance to move this. I welcome any thoughts from the veterans :-)

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-14-15 09:57 PM
    Just finished watching Dem debate. Clinton didn't attack biostocks much for my HALO entry lol, but there was much talk of Wallstreet.

I'm more worried about the overall market and not sure if I should put a stop in to either breakeven or even end up losing some now and buy back BBRY lower.

The way last week looked to me from an amateur is that BBRY will possibly test $7 and likely go lower on Monday. Not happy we rallied past $8 with no support.

So much for BBRY helping with my Priv. Might be done with the stock market for a while if I sell my BlackBerry position.

I do believe long-term, but should have took profits for the Priv. It's going to take earnings and forward guidance to move this. I welcome any thoughts from the veterans :-)

Posted via CB10
    Not a veteran. But watch for a bottom bounce upwards on Monday. If that doesn't happen I would sit on the sidelines for the time being.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-channel-up.png
    11-15-15 01:13 AM
    Lets really think hard about this quote! Blackberry can supply the code to unlock, but they cant supply the unlocked phone.

http://www.berryreview.com/2015/11/1...+(BerryReview)

"Sources close to the matter tell us that shipments of BlackBerry Priv are being delayed by up to 14 days because of �some internal technical issue.� While specifics aren�t currently available, we�re being told that BlackBerry cannot ship factory-unlocked Priv units, but will instead offer carrier-locked devices with unlock codes generated by BlackBerry."

I love the wording they use "some internal technical issue".
    Fyi... the "HL" tag is a virtually unreadable yellow high lighter in the CB app. (but I can read it above when replying) . Thanks for the post!

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-15-15 06:40 AM
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/black...e-496111.shtml

They've updated their statement.. Hopefully it's true

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 06:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nice journalism.

They put the update and full quote half way through the article, knowing full well most don't read past the headline or first paragraph.

It is sickening the way media can contort things without any ramifications.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    11-15-15 07:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Really makes no sense. Phones locked to a provider have to be loaded with that software and presumably that would be based on orders!

Unlocked phones would be the easiest to produce.

Flashing a locked phone to unlocked could be done. A bit of extra work but if they needed to it's not so hard. Many of us have re installed a clean unlocked system. Also would be as easy to put in the unlock code at the factory or wherever as put a specific unlock code on a piece of paper in each shipment.

In any event, if true it could not be hidden. Presumably thousand of phones will arrive with the code that are locked to a provider with the user expected to manually unlock them and BlackBerry denying it. Would be a pointless PR disaster. Better to late than this kind of monkey business.

And who is sending these out. Are the saying Digital River had piles of ATT or Rogers phones to sell. Doesn't sound likely that any provider would want a competitor to have phones with their proprietary software bits for sale.

Story doesn't pass the smell test.

Posted with my flash Passport
    11-15-15 08:03 AM
    Hi

A very short review here :

I do not know if USA Today have a large audience...

And a larger one (in Italian sorry) very positive :

Hopefully we'll have it in Europe with significant stock before Christmas...
    Last edited by Christophe Piquemal; 11-15-15 at 09:01 AM.
    11-15-15 08:07 AM
    Just to add to Heinz Katchup's chart:

Here's the remake of his great chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-nov-13-2015.png

We were in fact inside a nice up-trending channel (barely still are) and strong at the end of the day on Monday. RSI > 70 and volume looked great at that point. So what happened?

The DOW Jones was also at RSI = 70 at the beginning of the week and looking to make new highs:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dow-jones-nov-13-2015.png

The DOW started to correct on Tuesday and fell hard, and is now looking at testing its 50-dma after breaking through its 200-dma. The 50-dma is 250 below us and Monday is looming as a bad day for the markets initially as the effects of the terrorist attacks will be felt.

The culprit in all of our weakness stems from AAPL:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-aapl-nov-13-2015.png

When Credit Suisse came out with their report on Apple handsets sales for 2016, (fully 10% fewer handsets to be sold) that stopped the DOW Jones and BlackBerry in it path as we all know that if the company that invented the mobile phone, the watch, the TV and soon transportation, is weak, the sector is weak. AAPL started to head down on Tuesday dragging everything down with it, the stock dropped through its 200-dma quickly and headed for its 50-dma, it cleared the 50-dma right away and managed to clear it by a wide margin on Friday.

And so it isn't surprising that BlackBerry, in the wake of its sector getting kicked in the groan, would follow AAPL down on no news. We had a rumour of a phone launch on the 6th of November and then complete silence. We couldn't hold up on no news while the market and our sector was getting crushed so down we went too. Each time we found support, out performing AAPL, we got dragged down on AAPL's poor close. Now we have the bombing to contend with on Monday morning, a major stock in AAPL that is well below its 50-dma and our stock trying to find support at the 50-dma. If all goes well, we will dip in the morning and then start to repair the charts and move higher. Watch all three charts to see where we could go next as in every case, we likely would see a rally in the general market and BBRY heading into their phone launch starting Nov. 24th.. We'll see.
    bungaboy, W Hoa, Mr BBRY and 20 others like this.
    11-15-15 08:59 AM
    we likely would see a rally in the general market and BBRY heading into their phone launch starting Nov. 24th.. We'll see.
    I'm concerned that if we do not hear Priv sales numbers soon we will head into the 'quiet period' before earnings and at that point news is unlikely. As we've seen in the past, analysts wait for the quiet period to make claims against BBRY knowing BlackBerry is restrained from refuting those claims until the earnings call.
    11-15-15 09:22 AM
    Apparently Priv is currently in 1st place (pre-orders) on Expansys Hong Kong. Just noticed Passport is #3

http://www.expansys.com.hk/top20/

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-hkpriv.png
    11-15-15 09:51 AM
    11-15-15 11:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    You always have the opportunity to take profits when you deem necessary, but don't second guess yourself and also try to keep in mind that stocks rarely tend to move in a straight line price wise. There is usually a lot of sideways movements within a channel or range. Particularly with a stock like BlackBerry, it's easily manipulated by FUD and market conditions. If you feel the stock still has value above the price you paid for it, then I would keep it and maybe next time sell into the strength on a price movement increase. Remember, you're never going to be able to time the bottom (for purchases) or time the top (for sells).

Assuming you're a small investor, if I may, I'd recommend you take a look at what is called the Odd Lot Theory. It's not as popular anymore, but I still think the psychology of it is useful in helping to make investment decisions.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/oddlottheory.asp

http://www.investorglossary.com/odd-lot-theory.htm

http://financial-dictionary.thefreed...odd-lot+theory

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    11-15-15 11:15 AM
    OT

Sunday night, after a full weekend of DIY, off the grid for my soul sake. Couldn't stand the drama 24/7. I want to express all my gratitude to you for the incredible number of thanks and likes I found, without further discussions. You're just awesome : Get all my positive thougts in return.

(this is not a like&thanks collector, please ommit that for this one)
    11-15-15 12:30 PM
    What is a small investor really?
    I now own 1500 shares of bb.to with an average price of $10.45 which I've managed to average down from an initial position of 400 shares @ $12.46 by buying in the $8-9 range
    The odd lot theory talks about 100 shares or less but I'm sure if I sell 1000 shares tomorrow, I barely make a dent in the overall share price?
    I've rarely owned more than a 1000 shares of any company...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 12:36 PM
    I'm concerned that if we do not hear Priv sales numbers soon we will head into the 'quiet period' before earnings and at that point news is unlikely. As we've seen in the past, analysts wait for the quiet period to make claims against BBRY knowing BlackBerry is restrained from refuting those claims until the earnings call.
    I hear you, we went dead last week when you would have thought we might hear something from Chen. BB responded once again, on the defensive this weekend, regarding the holdup in unlocked phones. Still, they are positioning us for some media attention that should take the focus off the bashers for once. The good news is that you really only can bash a product once. BB doesn't have to say anything leading into Q3 but I do hope they give us something in terms of the initial order size. As it has been said many times, hardware is valued at zero so anything positive is great news. As long as the Funds are getting excited about BlackBerry, nothing else matters. Best of luck this week.
    11-15-15 01:01 PM
113,256 ... 36863687368836893690 ...