View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't know Corbu, they are being quite specific as to what BlackBerry's short term solution for the matter seems to be..

Posted via CB10
    Corbu likes this.
    11-14-15 07:45 AM
    I don't know Corbu, they are being quite specific as to what BlackBerry's short term solution for the matter seems to be..

Posted via CB10
    Dimi, anything is possible. If the wind was blowing strong enough in the right direction . . . and pigs had wings . . . they might fly.
    foxdog0007, 3MIKE and Mr BBRY like this.
    11-14-15 08:19 AM
    Lets really think hard about this quote! Blackberry can supply the code to unlock, but they cant supply the unlocked phone.

http://www.berryreview.com/2015/11/1...+(BerryReview)

"Sources close to the matter tell us that shipments of BlackBerry Priv are being delayed by up to 14 days because of �some internal technical issue.� While specifics aren�t currently available, we�re being told that BlackBerry cannot ship factory-unlocked Priv units, but will instead offer carrier-locked devices with unlock codes generated by BlackBerry."

I love the wording they use "some internal technical issue".
    Last edited by bbjdog; 11-14-15 at 02:11 PM.
    11-14-15 08:38 AM
    You're not going to like this but.....the Wikipedia article on Priv used only two reviews of the device. One was The Verge the other was Ars Technica.

Anybody have access to Wikipedia for an edit session?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_Priv
    bungaboy, rarsen, 3MIKE and 7 others like this.
    11-14-15 09:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    His update came on By Bogdan Popa 13 Nov 2015, 07:14 GMT but I swear I read about this earlier in the week. Perhaps Corbu can find the article that talks about subbing locked phones, something like Wednesday. His assumptions were wrong, BB corrected his statements so I hope that BB is on top on this and that Nov 24th date is solid.

I'm more concerned with the general market on Monday with the terrible news we are witnessing this weekend.
    bungaboy, W Hoa, sidhuk and 10 others like this.
    11-14-15 09:02 AM
    You're not going to like this but.....the Wikipedia article on Priv used only two reviews of the device. One was The Verge the other was Ars Technica.

How disgusting is that!
    bungaboy, W Hoa, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    11-14-15 09:03 AM
    How disgusting is that!
    Normal BBRY disgusting. Nothing new really. Sadly.
    sidhuk, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    11-14-15 09:07 AM

Just sign up to Wikipedia and put the verge article first.

Posted via CB10
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    11-14-15 11:13 AM
    So, this Priv ain't that bad after all, is it?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c00035fb2_44d5f0c0-8aea-11e5-8cf4-0200ac17784e.jpg
    11-14-15 12:02 PM

That is a disgrace. Hope someone here can edit that stuff. Which we should bring to BB's attention, I believe.
    11-14-15 12:05 PM
    No harm done,Dimi. Simply fed up with those writers who have, to me, zero credibility. This guy is a good example: no BB track record, writes tens of "nothing new" articles on Windows a day, no... Not up to my integrity and seriousness standards.

I could be wrong, though, admittedly.
    11-14-15 12:11 PM
    His update came on By Bogdan Popa 13 Nov 2015, 07:14 GMT but I swear I read about this earlier in the week. Perhaps Corbu can find the article that talks about subbing locked phones, something like Wednesday. His assumptions were wrong, BB corrected his statements so I hope that BB is on top on this and that Nov 24th date is solid.
    Will do some digging around.
    rarsen, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    11-14-15 12:12 PM
    one last post on holders, this time the sellers, listed by the largest sellers at top. What I have done is highlight the top seller of 2.6M shares as well as selling their protective put (circled in red). What they basically did was sell the put that covered the shares they were long, as the amounts are almost the same. Note they kept nearly 1.2M shares unhedged. Also in the case of Citadel, they sold their shares as well as the protective put and the call options (circled in blue). They are totally out, as is Sprott.
    Also in the second table, it shows Goldman Sachs trades together to get a better picture. they sold some of their puts, bought more calls as well as shares, overall a bullish trade. Again this info is as of Sep 30th, and could have changed since then, but along with the noticeable decrease in short interest points a more favorable risk/reward scenario for these traders and holders. However, some of the holders of calls alone (no shares), could mean a hedge to a short position or a bullish one, we dont know, since short sellers are not reported!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry13fnov15sell.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbrygsholder.jpg
    Last edited by kadakn01; 11-14-15 at 12:36 PM.
    11-14-15 12:20 PM
    Interesting, and retrospectively amusing, excerpt from an article written in 2007 on Apple's chances with the yet to be released iPhone. Sounds a lot like some of the reviews of Priv.

Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone
    Published: Mar 28, 2007

The problem here is that while Apple can play the fashion game as well as any company, there is no evidence that it can play it fast enough. These phones go in and out of style so fast that unless Apple has half a dozen variants in the pipeline, its phone, even if immediately successful, will be pass� within 3 months.

There is no likelihood that Apple can be successful in a business this competitive.

And its survival in the computer business relies on good margins. Those margins cannot exist in the mobile handset business for more than 15 minutes.

What Apple risks here is its reputation as a hot company that can do no wrong. If it's smart it will call the iPhone a "reference design" and pass it to some suckers to build with someone else's marketing budget. Then it can wash its hands of any marketplace failures.

It should do that immediately before it's too late. Samsung Electronics Ltd. might be a candidate. Otherwise I'd advise you to cover your eyes. You're not going to like what you'll see.
    Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone - MarketWatch
    Last edited by W Hoa; 11-14-15 at 01:24 PM.
    11-14-15 01:11 PM
    Interesting, and retrospectively amusing, excerpt from an article written in 2007 on Apple's chances with the yet to be released iPhone. Sounds a lot like some of the reviews of Priv.

Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone - MarketWatch
    Just shows you how clear their crystal ball is...
    rarsen, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    11-14-15 01:27 PM
    And lets hope history repeats itself!
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    11-14-15 01:30 PM
    Daily chart in an upwards channel? Will have to wait and see next week. Saw the Priv in person this week. Undeniably solid release by BlackBerry. I'm siding with an unexpected demand in relation to delays for online orders. Pictures and renders do not do this phone justice. You gotta see this thing in real life.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-channel-up.png
    11-14-15 01:34 PM
    Dimi, anything is possible. If the wind was blowing strong enough in the right direction . . . and pigs had wings . . . they might fly.
    Yah yah.. Thanks for the wake up. I haven't been in a particular good mood this weekend. But I feel it's changing already... :-)

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-14-15 01:34 PM
    Dvorak is almost never right. He's wrong even more often when he writes about Apple.
    11-14-15 01:54 PM
    So, this Priv ain't that bad after all, is it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C00035FB2_44d5f0c0-8aea-11e5-8cf4-0200ac17784e.jpg 
Views:	1393 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	380591
    Who is this? I thought only Kim K got Priv's early.
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    11-14-15 02:04 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-11939468_1520009458316717_588217460_n.jpg

Same girl...

And obviously bright: "Wow my most beloved phone is back! Priv by BlackBerry their first android phone. It's perfect for keeping me connected on the go with its slide out keyboard and their 4K HD camera."
    11-14-15 02:29 PM
    Regarding the internal technical issues with the Priv.....

Update: we've received a statement from BlackBerry, who says that the delay occurred only because of the high demand.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/black...e-496111.shtml
    11-14-15 03:08 PM
    Not good enough. I think the 'statement from BlackBerry' may have included another one from legal.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 03:48 PM
    Well, here I thought I was cool Mr. Fancy Pants with my new BB Priv. Lo and behold I experienced what I believe to be a hardware issue. I hadn�t used earbuds to place a phone call for the first couple of days. When I did for the first time yesterday I kept hearing static when I the earbud cord would move. No static issue when listening to music or playing a video, no problem when placing a call directly on the phone or through the speaker either. Tried three different earbud sets to no avail.

Now for the stellar customer service part of the story. Opened an incident case with BB support directly on their website. Received an email response back within an hour requesting more information including device build number and IMEI. Support requested that I ensure the device was updated and also that I perform a factory wipe to see if that would rectify the issue, which it did not.

The last email correspondence included an offer to call me directly today, they requested a number to call and a time that would be convenient with me. They also offered a number for me to call them if I so desired rather than waiting on their call. I called them today and after about an hour and through a couple layers of support I was patched through to their RMA department.

I was emailed a RMA form after about a fifteen minute conversation and was told I�d receive a replacement device in 2-3 business days. There was no mention of back order or that a new unit would be delayed, guess I�ll see.

The whole process was rather painless and I must commend BB with the excellent support I was provided, RMA less than 24 hours of original complaint. Good on you BB!!
    11-14-15 04:07 PM
    Whoever she is she is multitudes more beautiful than any of the Kardashians

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    11-14-15 04:33 PM
113,256 ... 36853686368736883689 ...