View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Is it me or has BB recently revamped its landing page?
    BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility, BBM, Smartphones & Support - United Kingdom
    New communication team. All rebranded. Modern. #Melike !
    Corbu, La Emperor, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    11-13-15 10:53 AM
    Tick-Toc reminder :
    BlackBerry Q3 end, coming up on Nov 28.
    Q3 results to be announced Dec 28.

Also, some elements for those in the desire to chew Google Play figures (outside this thread please !) :
    Google Play enables users to know the popularity of apps (and other content) by displaying the immediate round figure less than the number of times the application has been downloaded. The numbers shown are the products of multiplying 1 or 5 to the powers of 10. These include 1 billion, 500 million, 100 million, 50 million, 10 million, 1 million, 500 thousand, 100 thousand, 50 thousand and so on. The 'number of downloads' actually refers to the number of Google accounts associated with an app. The number is not affected by the uninstallation of apps, neither is it affected if the app is later reinstalled using the same Google account.
    11-13-15 11:00 AM
    I was just reading another thread and forgot another interesting item from my "channel check". While I was in the AT&T Corp store securing my Priv - I had a little time to waste as the manager sorted out a problem and I was looking around the store. On the walls they had very prominently posted pictures of phones, watches, tablets - all current items they wanted to sell you. Right in center right wall of the store, fairly prominent positioning was a large picture of the Priv, in between a Galaxy S6 Edge and an LG tablet if memory serves.

Was nice to see AT&T doing some Priv marketing.
    11-13-15 11:26 AM
    Fairfax added 25K shares, now at 46.724M, Ontario Teachers Pension added 1.1M shares, they now have 10.6M shares. The Top 3 shareholders at this time (still more filings to come) are Primecap, Fairfax, and then Fidelity, followed closely by Renaissance.
    Also an interesting spread trade, someone sold 2,334 calls Jan 2016 at $9 strike while buying June 2016 at same strike of $9, essentially using the money from the sale to buy longer dated options. They spent about 95K to do this calendar spread. Usually the near term expire worthless and it becomes (after Jan 2016) a discounted long call strategy.
    Also a big thank you to M8 for nice comments, I appreciate everything that you and others contribute to the best thread on BBRY, period!
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kadakn01; 11-13-15 at 11:51 AM.
    11-13-15 11:29 AM
    11-13-15 11:34 AM
    BlackBerry's SecuSUITE for Enterprise offers businesses encrypted voice chat | CrackBerry.com

This may change my whole business in the coming weeks.
    Stay tuned !
    11-13-15 11:51 AM
    OK played with a dummy Priv. My thoughts vs other flagships.

Galaxy s6, s6+, s6 edge - glass slabs. I was wowed by the s6 edge when I first played with it.

The Priv stands out with the slider, front facing speaker, and I really do like the glass weave back vs the galaxy line back.

Now I did like feel of the the Nexus 6P and it's 199 vs 399 on contract. That's a pretty big spread for a nice phone.

I don't put iPhones in here because I think iOS is crap and isheep will continue to buy them....unless they want a flagship with a PBK they will take the Priv.

Now I need to find a working demo unit

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 12:44 PM
    OK played with a dummy Priv. My thoughts vs other flagships.

Galaxy s6, s6+, s6 edge - glass slabs. I was wowed by the s6 edge when I first played with it.

The Priv stands out with the slider, front facing speaker, and I really do like the glass weave back vs the galaxy line back.

Now I did like feel of the the Nexus 6P and it's 199 vs 399 on contract. That's a pretty big spread for a nice phone.

I don't put iPhones in here because I think iOS is crap and isheep will continue to buy them....unless they want a flagship with a PBK they will take the Priv.

Now I need to find a working demo unit

Posted via CB10
    I was also pretty disappointed at first with a dummy demo on launch day.... def try a live one...makes a real difference
    11-13-15 12:48 PM
    I was also pretty disappointed at first with a dummy demo on launch day.... def try a live one...makes a real difference
    Right now I think the passport feels most premium of all of them. But the Priv is right up there. I wish they created a hard spacer on the rear piece to prevent the back middle flexibility (pop in) on the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 01:41 PM
    I have mine wrapped up in the flip cover case which has a hard back and you don't feel that play at all... but I hope that's something they will address as it feels weird...
    11-13-15 02:06 PM
    does Yahoo Charts show RSI? if yes, how do I access it? What do I select in the options?

edit: nvm found it!
    11-13-15 02:31 PM
    Investing.com also has great charts with all the indicators

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 02:36 PM
    Like this message if you think they screwed up the PRIV launch..

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 02:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I think they screwed it up because Chen is so worried about showing profit. They could have taken a hit in expense to build way more and market them now, and then just provided the numbers - sold in December - at the ER, to alleviate the profit concern.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 03:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    If the CB outrage is any indicator. I would say it doesn't look good. But I won't believe much until there is an official word from BlackBerry on sales figures and such. They are all to quiet at the moment.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    11-13-15 03:02 PM
    Well it seems that AT&T is getting units. I have to think they negotiated to be THE priority...given they are actually showing the Priv in their in store wall ads. So I wonder how many units they are pushing out? They could push out 100K in November....add another 50K for the Canadian carriers.

But hope for more.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 03:08 PM
    It's too frustrating to see. A good product, but somehow they're just not competent enough in getting the device out in more than 3 countries. And keep in mind that they have exclusive (=1) dealers in most of these countries. So what we have are people having to wait 3 weeks for their PRIV if you're in Canada, US or UK. To the rest of us, good luck..

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-13-15 03:13 PM
    I went to AT&T store last week, he had 5 in stock. Manhattan, NY 5th Ave. He still has 3. He said, he only sold 2. So, it doesn't look like even AT&T has a large inventory. I'd have purchased it but I am waiting for White variant. I think John Chen is just being overtly cautious and not ordering much inventory for first manufacturing run. Passport had same inventory-fulfilment issue and seems like they didn't learn from it. I am not suggesting they should order a million in first run but should have handled much better than Passport by now.

Anyway, I am not too frustrated at lack of availability as such because "white" variant isn't in play yet. I am frustrated that they didn't launch white variant at launch (eventhough Ron Louks demo-ed that in MWC).
    11-13-15 03:20 PM
    It's too frustrating to see. A good product, but somehow they're just not competent enough in getting the device out in more than 3 countries. And keep in mind that they have exclusive (=1) dealers in most of these countries. So what we have are people having to wait 3 weeks for their PRIV if you're in Canada, US or UK. To the rest of us, good luck..
    Don't know if I'd say "competent" is the right word. I think it's "confident." From my understanding, BlackBerry lost a lot of carrier support around the world in the last 5 years, with probably the most lost since the BB10 launch in 2013. Their brand is so battered that if carriers aren't ordering, they aren't manufacturing. So, if BlackBerry had confidence in their product, they would've produced a production run or two more than what carriers have ordered, so sell outs wouldn't exist (assuming shipping logistics are ignored).

The mobile telecom industry has setttled (matured). It's time to do away with the carrier's ability to control which phones are allowed on their networks. (I'm looking at you two...Verizon & Sprint!!). It's sad that BlackBerry has to sell their case to carriers first since most of them are king makers and are tone deaf to BlackBerry.
    11-13-15 03:29 PM
    Passport launch actually didn't go that bad... We could see the online orders evolve and just two weeks after launch demand seemed to match offer. I think they're betting too much on exclusive carrier support. Besides the joint marketing costs, it's pushing out delivery dates for online orders AND for every other country besides the 3 previously mentioned. Do they need carrier support that much? They were selling 800k with minimal support...

Posted via CB10
    lech31 likes this.
    11-13-15 03:29 PM
    Do they need carrier support that much?
    Yes. Carrier support is almost EVERYTHING. At least from what I can tell.
    11-13-15 03:31 PM
    If the CB outrage is any indicator. I would say it doesn't look good. But I won't believe much until there is an official word from BlackBerry on sales figures and such. They are all to quiet at the moment.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Made me LOL!
    11-13-15 03:31 PM
    Don't know if I'd say "competent" is the right word. I think it's "confident." From my understanding, BlackBerry lost a lot of carrier support around the world in the last 5 years, with probably the most lost since the BB10 launch in 2013. Their brand is so battered that if carriers aren't ordering, they aren't manufacturing. So, if BlackBerry had confidence in their product, they would've produced a production run or two more than what carriers have ordered, so sell outs wouldn't exist (assuming shipping logistics are ignored).

The mobile telecom industry has setttled (matured). It's time to do away with the carrier's ability to control which phones are allowed on their networks. (I'm looking at you two...Verizon & Sprint!!). It's sad that BlackBerry has to sell their case to carriers first since most of them are king makers and are tone deaf to BlackBerry.
    I agree the wording is a bit harsh. But this launch just isn't good, no matter where the problem lies. JC is betting long term, he will claim that he expects sales to pick up once his channel is supplied etc etc.... But I just don't like to see them go backwards. Not when you're claiming that every aspect of your business has bottomed.

Posted via CB10
    lech31, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    11-13-15 03:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    To my knowledge Canadian carriers have stock and Canadian carrier customers are getting their Privs. There is no exclusivity in Canada. The Shop BlackBerry/Digital River is another story.
    La Emperor, zlatno and _dimi_ like this.
    11-13-15 03:37 PM
    To my knowledge Canadian carriers have stock and Canadian carrier customers are getting their Privs. There is no exclusivity in Canada. The Shop BlackBerry/Digital River is another story.
    And what I am reading that at@t does have it in Stock. If no stock then there is problem. If there is stock then no one is buying etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 03:41 PM
113,252 ... 36833684368536863687 ...